- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Special thanks to DelphinaCarter. Please read and review.
Just before 10.30pm, Nick all ready to go to this meeting, police on standby watching his every moment, hearing every sound where Nick was. His body was wired up, but no one would know if he was going to be frisked. Watching from the front window, a black car flashed its lights from the road. The car didn’t want to get in. Nick nodded to the police that were in his place and he walked outside.

Rubbing his hands together in the cool Los Angeles air, he gathered his thoughts together. He knew he would be fine. He had more protection than probably the United States President. He was doing this for Brianna and Mark. Brian, Howie and Alex were aware of this but weren’t telling the girls as Nick didn’t want to worry them. Walking out of the walk in gate, the car lights flashed up again. His phone beeped. “Back seat passenger door.” It read.

In the black car, he was driven to the Beverly Hills Hotel, he gathered his thoughts again. Things that he was told he was going through the plan. He had 2 lives at stake. Arriving at the hotel, they went down to the car park, he saw the car lights flash and was let in. After turning a couple of bends, the car stopped. The door was opened for Nick to get out.

Out of the car, the car sped off. Alone, Nick looked around him to see if anyone was coming. He knew he wouldn’t be stood up. Through the ear piece he was told he was doing fine. Soon he heard footsteps. The footsteps became more frequent and more louder, making Nick nervous.

“Thank you for coming here. Now if this doesn’t tell you that this is not serious, nothing will. Brianna was warned not to be around you, her and her precious son. Now, if you want Brianna to be reunited with her son, you are to give him up. You are to be ready by Santa Monica Pier Sunday afternoon at 5pm with Mark. You and Mark will be at the end of the pier.” This person undisguised told Nick.
“Am I able to see a photo of Brianna? A recent photo of her or possibly talk to her?” Nick asked.
“You will have to my word for it. Brianna is in safe hands. Being looked after.” The person replied.
“I want to see some proof. How will I know on Sunday afternoon?” Nick asked.
“You will know Sunday afternoon. There will be a section with reserved on it. That is where you go. As for proof, that video shows you proof she is alive.” Person informed.
“If you are demanding for me to hand over Mark, fine. But only one condition that I see or hear Brianna.” Nick told the person. The person remained motionless.

Nick saw the person move their hand in their pocket. Out came a cell phone. “Here.” They said as they showed a photo to Nick of Brianna. The photo they showed was of Brianna after she had been beaten, after the shower. Nick inside was horrified. He was trained and given advice on anything if that would happen.
“See you Sunday.” The person said and walked off. Thinking Nick was safe, he started to breathe a sigh of relief.

Out of nowhere, someone from one of the far back pillars started gunfire. “Run.” The police told Nick in his ear piece. “Like I need telling twice.” Nick muttered. Nick ran around the car park area that he was in, dodging bullets from the person that was using the gun. Hiding from one the pillars, trying to catch his breath from the shooter, he heard nothing. Then, a gut wrenching pain. The shooter fled off. Police went in search for them, police staying with Nick, calling for the paramedics.

“I’m still there Sunday.” Nick told Detective Mertz as he was being put into the ambulance. Vince shaking his head as he got in with Nick.