- Text Size +
Waking up next morning in the bed next to Mark sound asleep, Brianna thought to herself where she was. Focusing her eyes, she realised she was at a hotel in Santa Monica. She turned on her blackberry and checked her messages. She had voicemail, email, blackberry messengers, even tweets. Few from Nick on each but one from Aaron startled her.

“Call me back urgently.” He said with concern in his voice. She immediately called back.
“Aaron what’s wrong?” Brianna asked.
“I don’t want to alarm you but I found out just now that Mom has gone on the wall path again. She has gone out and sold her story to a magazine company saying she doesn’t approve of you and Nick together. Thinks he is only with you as he is going through a phase at the moment.” Aaron explained.
“Who did you hear this from?” Brianna asked.
“Leslie. She was talking to Mom last night and she just told me. Story is out today apparently. I’ve been trying to call Nick but only get his answering machine.” Aaron replied.
“Don’t you worry about that. I’ll let Nick know. Thanks for telling me.” Brianna said.
“I would have told you sooner but I had my phone off last night and turned it on a while ago and your phone was off.” Aaron apologised.
“Aaron, it’s ok. We can deal with it.” Brianna told him.
“Have any idea where Nick will be?” Aaron asked.
“You know Nick. When he aint working and all he can be anywhere.” Brianna chuckled.
“Yeah doofus should be with you.” Aaron replied.
“I wish!” Brianna laughed.
“How Marky doing?” Aaron asked.
“Angelic at the moment.” Brianna replied.
“Asleep huh?” He guessed.
“Got it in one.” She replied.

After getting off the phone call from Aaron, Mark woke up wanting breakfast. “How about we treat ourselves hey?” Brianna asked him. Mark was confused on where he was as when he went to bed, he was in his own bed and was in a hotel bed. Getting dressed they went downstairs to the lobby for breakfast and sat near the window looking at the beach view they had, away from the public.
“We seeing Nick today?” Mark asked.
“Nick might be busy today, see what happens hey? Finish your breakfast and we’ll go back to the room, get our stuff and we’ll see what fun we can get up to hey?” Brianna suggested.
“Alright!” He cheered.

Back in the hotel room Mark watched some TV while Brianna was on the phone.
“Leigh, it’s Bri. Sorry to call so early but can Mark and I come over later today?” Brianna asked.
“What’s wrong sweetie?” Leighanne asked.
“Don’t want to say on here but is it alright if we come over? I know your busy and all.” Brianna said.
“Come over now if you want. Baylee is asking for Mark.” Leighanne replied.
“Inseparable them two.” Brianna laughed.
“Come over now. Brian’s out at the moment and Baylee is outside playing with the dogs.” She told her.

Half an hour later, Mark ran into Brian and Leighanne’s place, Brianna unable to stop Mark to tell him to not run in the house. “Kids.” Leighanne laughed.
“They don’t stop do they? Always on the go.” Brianna said.
“True, very true. Hun, what’s wrong?” Leighanne asked as they sat down in the kitchen keeping an eye on the boys.
“Nick and I had an argument last night. He was going on, on what plans he had with his friends while the guys are on break. I asked what he had planned for Mark and I, he didn’t really have any. Just in the ‘we’ll see category’.” Brianna told Leighanne.
“That’s not like Nick.” She commented.
“He hasn’t spent much time with Mark. Mark is believing the ‘he’s at work’ story. I hate lying to him. What am I meant to do?” Brianna said.
“Sounds like there is something else?” Leighanne guessed.
“When he told me he wanted to start trying to have a child with me, I told him I wasn’t ready yet. Ever since then, he hasn’t shown any affection towards me. Everything you see, has all been an act.” Brianna tearfully told her.
“Leigh, can I talk to Bri?” Brian all of a sudden spoke up. Both Brianna and Leighanne were startled. Brian nodded his head for Brianna to go for a walk with him.

“I had thought Nick would have told you this. I told him to tell you.” Brian sighed as they walked outside into the backyard, Baylee running up to Brian.
“What?” Brianna asked alarmed.
“Hey Bay, why don’t you show Mark that new game I got you hey? The one with the basketball noises hey?” Brian suggested to Baylee. Baylee and Mark ran off inside.
“Brian, what is it?” Brianna demanded.
“Without saying too much, I think you better talk to Nick. Leave Mark here and talk to Nick. I know what it is, he told me after I caught him out but you should talk to him.” Brian told her.
“Caught him out?” Brianna repeated.
“Go and talk to Nick hey?” Brian said. “He’s home.” Brian added.