- Text Size +
Brianna stirred from her sleep to hear the two people arguing in the front room. She couldn’t work out what was going on but it had something to do with Nick. She actually found comfort listening to Nick’s voice being heard around the room where she was. With no slashings for a couple of days, some of the bruises started to heal.

“I tried to be different so he wouldn’t recognise me but he knew. He knew. He knows!” Lauren spoke.
“You silly little bitch. That few seconds has ruined everything. Told you I should have been the one to go.” The unknown voice said.
“I wanted to. I HAD to see him. I still love him.” Lauren said.
“And you will be with him.” The other voice told her. Brianna sat near the door hearing this. Part of her was starting to believe this, and then the other part told her that she will be with Nick. The moment she thought of this, she heard Nick’s voice sing, ‘back here it’s her and me and we’re having our first baby’ on “Weird World”.
“We will have our first baby together, somehow.” Brianna whispered to herself.

“You are almost as bad as her bitch. Let me do the work from now on.” Brianna was interrupted from her dreaming.
“Oh he’ll know you for sure. No way.” Lauren screeched.
“No he won’t. You haven’t thought of padding!” The voice replied. Brianna had no idea Lauren was one of the people involved in all of this.
“You should have chosen a better place. A place where you all have never been before. Don’t you know that that’s there the cops first come!” Lauren retorted back.
“We’ll move tonight.” The voice told her.
“Don’t want to set too many tracks.” Lauren replied.
“If we don’t move, they will come here anyway. We’ll set off different paths and confuse them.” The voice said.
“Ok, fine, whatever. You choose the place.” Lauren said.

Brianna sat there wondering what was going to be happening. She didn’t know if this was a trick or what. Sensing that something was going to happen, Brianna moved back to the corner where she was basically told where she had to stay.

“Alright bitch. Get up. We’re moving. Same rules apply for when you got here.” The other voice said grabbing Brianna’s arms behind her and tying them up, a blindfold around here. “Walk” She was ordered, getting a kick from behind.

“Stop. I need to see you for a minute.” Lauren halted everything.
“What?” The other people muttered. She let go of Brianna, Brianna falling to the ground and walking out the room. Brianna waited there patiently. All of a sudden, she heard silence. After a while she realised she was on her own. She managed to crawl to the corner of where her bedding was, untying the rope as she crawled back and took off the blindfold. Realising they wouldn’t be back for a while, she staggered to the door again. It remained tightly locked. Bolted from the other side of the door, Brianna sighing.

Brianna crawled back to the corner where she was about to spend her seventh week in and sighed. The blanket which was already thin when she arrived was getting thinner by wear and tear and the pillow’s feathers had almost but disappeared, from Brianna’s rants and raves when she first arrived.

Eventually sleep took the better of her.