- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thankyou so much reading this chapter, and most of all this part. Stayed tuned for Part 3 of I Got You. A very very very special thanks to DelphinaCarter for her input and advice for this part.
Smoke started to fill the house. Brianna was trapped. She couldn’t do anything. The available officers grabbed fire extinguishers and started to defend the house. Shooting their way inside. Smoke had engulfed the front room. Nick impulsively went inside. His shirt covering his mouth and his sunglasses his eyes, he went on in search for Brianna.

“Bri....Bri..” Nick tried to call out to her but he was coughing with the smoke. Keeping his mouth shut, he moved around the front room. He saw something that looked like a lock on the door towards the back. He grabbed an officer and showed it to him. The lock hot to touch, he tried to shoot the lock loose but it wouldn’t budge. The bullet missed it.

Nick began kicking the door down. He tried to run and push his shoulder against it but the door wouldn’t move. He tried and tried until he was stopped. The adrenalin was kicking in now. He wasn’t going to give up. He wanted to get Brianna. He could hear banging on the other side of the door. Nick was then tapped to on the shoulder. “Get out.” He was told. Nick objected, and fought with the fire fighter who had arrived by this time. Nick was then moved to the corner.

The moment the door was open, Nick pushed past the firemen and went into the room. He saw Brianna. Without emotion or thinking he scooped Brianna in his arms and made his way outside, the fireman pushing him. “RUN!” People were saying. Outside paramedics scooped Brianna off Nick and ran down the hill, Nick doing the same, trying to catch his breath. All of a sudden, explosion. The house went up in seconds.

Down the end of the hill, the safety area Nick caught up with Brianna. “Bri, Bri. It’s me baby. I’m here. It’s all over.” Nick puffed, stroking her forehead. Brianna could only open her eyes a little.
“Oh thank god.” Nick cried of relief.
“Let’s get a look at you.” A paramedic said.
“I’m fine, you look after her.” Nick replied staring at Brianna.
“You would have smoke you and have lost oxygen. Put this on at least.” The paramedic said putting an oxygen mask on him. In the ambulance, Nick held Brianna’s hand. In his pocket, his phone rang.

“Hello.” Nick answered breathlessly.
“Nick?” It was Brian.
“She’s safe. I’m with her.” Nick managed to say.
“Where are you? Where you going?” Brian asked all of a sudden.
“Going to the local hospital. Tell Mark I will call him soon. I gotta go. We’re fine.” Nick replied.

Arriving at the local hospital, Nick followed Brianna into the emergency room. Nurses got him to eventually leaving the room and get himself checked out. “I wanna see Mark. Mark needs to see his Mom.” Nick told the medical staff.
“Later tonight.” Detective Mertz walked in.
“How is she?” Nick asked.
“Ain’t good but we are getting a helicopter to get you back to LA.” Mertz replied.
“Who was the other person? I need to know.” Nick asked.
“Nick, concentrate on yourself.” Vince replied.
“Please? I have to know. I need to see this person.” Nick pleaded. Mertz walked outside and came back in with two officers standing by this person.

“MOM!” Nick freaked out.
“Nick, Nick.” Jane tried to say.
“Get out. Get away from me. You are not my Mom anymore. You almost killed the woman I love, her son from anxiety and me. Get out.” Nick managed to scream at her. When she walked out, Nick leaned back on the gurney and tried to take this in.

Once Nick was settled down, he was allowed to go and sit with Brianna.
“I knew I’d see you again.” Brianna whispered.
“Me too. Me too.” Nick whispered back. They both didn’t fight the tears.
“I love you Nick.” Brianna cried.
“I love you too. It’s alright now. I got you.” Nick replied holding her hand gently.

Within the hours, they were on their way back to Los Angeles. The only one Brianna and Nick wanted to see was Mark. Brian met them at the hospital, spent a few minutes with them before leaving the 3 of them alone. To spend their first night as a family. As Brianna slept, Mark in the middle, Nick sang to himself ‘I Got You.” “You sure got me.” Nick said as he drifted off to sleep.