- Text Size +
When Brianna walked inside, she found Nick sitting on the edge of their bed his head buried in his hands. “Hey.” Brianna said.
“Hey.” Nick quietly replied bringing his head back up.
“I think you and I need to have a talk.” Brianna stated.
“Where’s Mark?” Nick asked.
“He’s fine, with someone at the moment.” Brianna replied.
“Brian’s?” Nick guessed.
“Let’s talk about us alright.” Brianna sighed wanting to change subject.

“Bri, I am so sorry for treating you like shit these past few months.” Nick began to apologise.
“Like shit? I have been treated like shit before, this is the lowest of the lows.” Brianna replied.
“When you told me you weren’t ready for another child when I mentioned it, I didn’t know how to react. I was shocked. I thought you were ready. Before I met you I wasn’t the guy who wanted to get married and have a family but you changed that for me. I know I have been slack on with the wedding organising stuff but I want to be apart of it.” Nick began to explain.
“Mmmmhmmm, yeah.” Brianna murmured.
“When I was talking to Melissa about Mark when you were busy with something, we got talking.” Nick continued.
“No, no, no. Please don’t tell me you slept with Melissa.” Brianna cried.
“I tried to be with you but you kept backing away. I didn’t mean it. I didn’t want it to happen but it did. I tried...” Nick said.
“But you still did. HOW COULD YOU!” She outburst.
“Bri, I don’t know. I don’t know. I’m so sorry. This is one of the stupidest things I have ever done.” Nick stressed out.
“How many times? How many times have you been with her?” Brianna demanded.
“It’s not what you think.” Nick yelled at her.
“How many times Nick? Once? More than once?” She asked.
“More than once.” Nick quietly replied turning his head away from her.
“How many times?” Brianna cried.
“4.” Nick replied.
“WHY? WHY? NICK!” Brianna shrieked.
“I’m sorry. I am so damn sorry.” Nick said.
“Save it. I don’t wanna hear it.” Brianna cried running down the stairs.
“BRI!” Nick called chasing after her.
“Don’t touch me. Don’t call me, nothing.” She told him running out the door.

Back at Brian and Leighanne’s, Brian was waiting out the front for her.
“The Nanny!” She cried to Brian.
“I’m so sorry.” Brian apologised hugging her.
“How long had you known?” Brianna tearfully asked Brian.
“At the end of the tour. Last night of.” He replied.
“Anyone else know?” She asked.
“No.” Brian replied.
“I’ll just get Mark and we’ll go somewhere. Sort something out.” Brianna sighed as she let go of Brian’s hug.
“Don’t be silly. You stay here. Actually be doing Leigh and I a favour. We’re going to Atlanta for a couple of weeks to see Leighanne’s parents at the end of the week. We were going to get next door to check on our place and stuff while gone so you have saved us from doing that.” Brian said.
“You sure?” Brianna asked.
“Sure as sure can be. Besides, Baylee has been wanting to have a bunk bed party.” Brian laughed.
“Haha, ok thanks.” Brianna replied, with a small smile.
“That’s my girl. Come on.” Brian smiled as he gave her a hug and then they went inside.

By dinner time, it was known everywhere that Nick and Brianna had broken up. Nick was aware of that article that his mother did and re-iterated that they didn’t split up because of that article. It was for personal reasons.

Getting Mark and Baylee eventually to sleep, Brian in his office working, Leighanne and Brianna came down the staircase as the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” Leighanne said to Brianna.
“What’s he done?” Alex asked at the front door.
“I’ll leave you two to talk.” Leighanne said heading back upstairs.

“What’s he done?” Alex asked again. Brianna explained everything to him on the sofa of what happened with Nick.
“That asshole!” Alex said fuming.
“You can’t go totally blaming Nick Alex.” Brianna said.
“And why not?” Alex asked fuming.
“Please Alex. I know you would want to throttle Nick.” Brianna replied.
“Throttle is just for starters. He had no right.” Alex told her.
“Either way please. We have Mark to think about.” Brianna begged.
“They over stepped the boundary. Nick should have known from the past. I’m just saying.” Alex said.
“I know. Until sort something out, Mark and I are staying here for a couple of weeks while Brian, Leighanne and Baylee are in Atlanta. Mark will ask questions so I will half tell him the truth. We are staying here to look after the place here.” Brianna said.

Before Alex left, he spent some time with Mark and Baylee before he left so the boys could go to sleep.

“Oh yeah, that reminds me. I got a call tonight. The club wants me to do a set for them on Friday night. Interested?” Alex asked as he got into his car.
“Yeah sure. Thanks.” Brianna smiled.
“Come over our place tomorrow and we’ll go through a few songs and stuff.” Alex said as he drove off.
Chapter End Notes:
Would be nice to see some ideas for the title of this story. I am stumped for ideas.
Thankyou for reading.