- Text Size +
Friday night, Alex and Brianna rocked on up to the club, Leighanne coming along, Brian was a having a boys night once the kids including Alex and Karen’s child had gone to sleep with Howie and Nick and Brian’s brother Harold who was in town watching football. Mark and Nick hadn’t seen each other, Brianna was naturally nervous but Brian assured Brianna that Nick was looking forward to seeing Mark and promised nothing would happen.

“You going to start back doing your sets again?” Alex asked as they were getting ready in one of the rooms.
“Yeah, actually called Robyn today and she said I can start back next Friday night. Only thing is, be just me. No band or anything. Cutbacks.” Brianna replied.
“That’s alright then. Can’t complain with that. Everyone gets to see you with all your talents and all.” Alex said.
“Yeah. Be a new start for me.” Brianna sighed as she finished doing her hair.

Out on stage when Brianna’s name was called, the crowd erupted in applause. Brianna was shocked thinking Alex would get more. The 4 songs Alex performed, Brianna on guitar was ‘Have It All’, ‘London’ ‘Sincerely Yours’ and ended with ‘Shape Of My Heart’ which Brianna joined in on. Sitting back down near the front towards the side of the stage, they joined Leighanne who congratulated them on a great set. Making themselves comfortable, the lights darkened, everyone whispering what was going on. All of a sudden, shivers went up Brianna’s spine.

The piano started...

“Don't wanna close the door,
Don't wanna give up on it
Don't wanna fight no more,
We'll find the way around it
Where's the love we had?...
We can make it last”

At that moment, Leighanne had a text message from Brian. Knowing that people would be looking at her and talking about it, Brianna stayed there til the end, motionless. At the end, when the crowd applauded Nick, Brianna quietly and discreetly left.

“How could he do this to me?” Brianna cried to Leighanne who came out behind out.
“I don’t know. I am trying to get in contact with Brian now.” She told her. Alex then joined them.
“I’m gonna kill him.” Alex muttered.
“Calm down alright.” Leighanne told him.
“BRIANNA.” Nick called out to her.
“Get away from me. What were you thinking?” Brianna shouted at Nick.
“Be careful man.” Alex cut in.
“Piss off will you. This is between Bri and I.” Nick snapped.
“No, you can. I don’t have anything to say to you, yet. Go away before I say something I regret.” Brianna warned him.
“We need to talk.” Nick said.
“Well I don’t. Nick, please. Not now.” Brianna begged.
“But I love you.” Nick pleaded coming up to her, his hands holding onto her arms.
“Nick, let me go. Please.” Brianna asked.
“Let her go Nick.” Alex cut in.
“Didn’t I ask you to piss off?” Nick asked.
“Just don’t hurt her.” Leighanne said.
“I think I have already done that.” Nick replied calming down looking into Brianna’s eyes. Nick knew exactly what to do to make her melt.
“It’s ok.” Brianna finally sighed. Leighanne and Alex got in Alex’s car, Nick and Brianna walking away to where it would be quiet.

“I am not going to say sorry, even though I would like to. I am not going to say it because those words with what I have done to you and Mark would seem meaningless. But what I would like to say is what happened, and why it happened.” Nick began to say.
“Oh I want a sorry. I want a meaningful sorry. But nothing publically alright. You have to mean it Nick.” Brianna told her.
“I meant every word when I was on stage before, I mean everything now. I am sorry. Since you and Mark left the other day my life has been in shambles. I can’t do anything. I need you.” Nick pleaded.
“I admit, your Mother doesn’t exactly have perfect timing, I will give you that one.” Brianna muttered, her right foot kicking a stone, looking down at it.
“I didn’t want for this to happen. To us. Did I say something wrong to make this go wrong?” Nick asked.
“It’s part me, part you but you weren’t to know. What I did lead you to do what you did.” Brianna sighed.
“What do you mean? I don’t follow.” He asked coming closer to her.
“I don’t want to talk about it in public. Can we go to the studio and talk? Neutral territory?” Brianna replied.
“Yeah ok.” Nick agreed.
“I’ll just go and tell Alex and Leighanne.” Brianna said.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the studio, in Nick’s car, much to Alex’s disgust. He was happy to drive Brianna there and both he and Leighanne wanted to wait downstairs for her, regardless how long it took.

“What you want to talk about?” Nick asked as they sat in the relaxation area of the studio on the couch sitting opposite each other on the same couch.
“It’s about me. Something that no one knows, not even Alex.” Brianna replied.
“Not even AJ knows this? Bri, everything ok?” Nick asked.
“I’m fine but not fine in what you were wanting.” Brianna replied.
“Now I am totally confused.” Nick commented.
“Just after I had Mark, Andrew’s parents stayed with me for a couple of months to get me on my feet, give me parenting advice as I had nothing and to get into a routine. A couple of weeks after getting home with Mark, I came down with this sudden pain. It was unbearable. Worse than when I gave birth to Mark, without the drugs! Anyway, getting to the hospital, I started bleeding. Something happened when I gave birth, settled down and just started up again. Next thing I knew I was signing consent forms to say that if need be, do a hysterectomy.” Brianna replied, no emotion from her coming.
“Oh my god. I had no idea. Shit, I’m an asshole.” Nick said.
“Last part I agree with you there.” Brianna smirked.
“Bri, I am so, so, so, so, so sorry. If I had some idea I wouldn’t have brought up the topic or anything. I mean, we were all going so good. I was loving it....” Nick rambled on apologising, squatting on the couch holding her hands looking up at her.
“Hey, hey, it’s ok. You weren’t to know that bit.” Brianna said.
“How did you hide it away from AJ and all? That’s what I wanna know?” Nick asked.
“He always calls me on my cell. If the phone was off, he would know I was sleeping. You were working flat out in the studio and had no time to come over and see me. He did come over the weekend after I had the surgery but was just resting, moving slowly and stuff.” Brianna replied.
“Regardless, I shouldn’t have made a move on Melissa. I guess I was pissed off with the fact that you gave me the brush off and all when I mentioned. I needed to talk to someone and Melissa was there.” Nick said.
“Yeah.” Brianna sighed.
“So what happens now?” He asked still squatting down looking up at her.
“I need time. You did cheat on me, and sleep with the Nanny.” She reminded him.
“I understand. This doesn’t stop me from seeing Mark does it?” Nick asked.
“No. You can see Mark whenever you want. We’re staying at Brian and Leighanne’s for a couple of weeks. I start at the club on Monday night.” Brianna replied.
“Help you out, how about I come over there Monday spend time with him, get him his dinner and all that. Monday night football.” Nick suggested.
“Ok, see how things go.” Brianna replied.

Nick drove Brianna back to Brian and Leighanne’s, everyone still there. “Don’t trust me do they?” Nick sighed.
“They are just concerned. You going to bite the bullet or dodge it?” Brianna asked, with a light chuckle.
“Bite the bullet.” Nick sighed as he turned his car off at the last minute.
“You don’t have to do this.” Brianna said as they walked up the driveway.
“You going to tell them, what you told me?” Nick asked.
“May as well know.” She sighed.

“Guys, you here?” Brianna called out as she and Nick walked inside. Brian peered from the corner of the living room.
“What?” Brian asked.
“Everyone here?” Nick asked putting his hands in his back pockets of his jeans.
“Yeah, come on.” He replied as Brianna and Nick walked in the living room.

“Huh?” They all echoed when they walked in.
“Chill guys, it’s ok.” Brianna told them.
“We are still not together, so your questions can stay where they are.” Nick warned them.
“But I do, we do, have something to tell you.” Brianna interjected. They all sat listening intently to what Brianna was saying, Nick standing behind her towards the right of her. When Brianna told them, all were shocked, didn’t know what to say.

“Bri needs some time, which is understandable about me going behind her and doing what I did.’ Nick said.
“I haven’t forgiven Nick for what he has done, he is fully aware of that. We don’t hate each other or anything like that at all. We just need time apart as a couple. He knows that if he wants to be with me again and Mark he has to gain my trust again.” Brianna explained.
“But at this stage we are remaining friends, mainly for Mark’s sake. This doesn’t and it shouldn’t affect your relationship with us.” Nick continued.
“You gotta do what’s comfortable. I can respect that.” Howie spoke up.
“Make him pay for what he’s done.” Leigh added.
“Don’t take him back straight away.” Karen piped up.
“Hey, ah, I’m still in the room.” Nick said.