- Text Size +
Monday afternoon around 4pm, Nick came over to Brian and Leighanne’s where Brianna and Mark were. Brianna was already nervous of starting back at the club and Brianna was extra nervous because Nick and her would in the same house together. With Mark.

Deep inside, Brianna wanted to be with Nick, she wanted to be with him desperately but she had to be responsible and listen to her mind and not make a move, even though Nick did make a few moves but she had to ignore them.

At the club, she went over her material and the music she was going to be performing to for her set. Going through them, her mind got her thinking towards Nick again. Her heart was over taking her mind.

As she was singing her song that she wrote “I don’t know why” she made the decision. She couldn’t hide it any longer. All these months of not being with Nick were taking its toll. In the car, she turned on her car stereo and ‘No One Else Comes Close’ came on. If this was a sign, she was taking it.

Inside, she gently placed her guitar and things at the entry, her guitar leaning against the wall. She had everything planned. She just hoped it would work.

“Hey.” She said as she walked in the living room and saw Nick leaning back on the couch, his Apple Mac on his knee working on some music.
“Hey. How was the show?” Nick asked.
“Went good. Felt weird being on my own without the band and all that. How was Mark?” Brianna replied as she sat next to Nick.
“Yeah it does feel weird the first few times without ya safety net but you’ll be fine. Mark fell asleep at the end of the 1st quarter. Been out ever since.” Nick said, leaning forward to grab the baby monitor. Being in a big place, Brianna wanted a monitor in case Mark needed her and didn’t hear.
“That’s good. I just wanna check in on him. It’s around this time where he has the covers down to his feet.” Brianna replied.
“Want me to do it?” Nick offered.
“Thanks, but I’m right.” Brianna replied going upstairs. She checked in on Mark, pulling the covers, Mark snuggling back down asleep before going back to her room, to change to get into something more comfortable.

“What’s that ya working on?” Brianna asked as she came back downstairs again, Nick about to turn off the computer and place it on the coffee table.
“Just some lyrics for some songs. Yet to work which album it will be on.” Nick replied.
“Wanna show me the lyrics?” Brianna said. Nick turned on the computer again, while waiting for it to load up he grabbed his guitar. Brianna loved sitting up with Nick listening to him play music, and vice versa, when they weren’t playing video games which Brianna always lost at. Nick started to play some music on the guitar before he stopped and started to play ‘Back To Your Heart’.

“If I wasn't such a fool
Right now I'd be holding you
There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
Baby if I only knew
The words to say
The road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do
To get to you
And find a way back to your heart” Nick specifically sang, looking directly into Brianna’s eyes. She stared into his eyes and noticed there was a tear running down his face.

“Come here.” She whispered. Nick placed down the guitar behind the couch, the two of them moved forward to each other, she put her arms around him. The embrace they had showed how much they had missed each other. He looked into her eyes, asking if he could kiss her. She tilted her head back, allowing Nick to kiss her neck. The more passion that was consuming them, the more Brianna wanted more. She backed away, standing up, her hand out for Nick to take hold, going upstairs to her bedroom.

Just before sunrise, Brianna let Nick outside for him to go home, not wanting Mark to see. “No one to know. Between us.” Nick confirmed as he walked out.
“No one to know.” Brianna confirmed, smiling at him. He gave her a peck before going to his car and driving off.
Chapter End Notes:
Thankyou to DelphinaCarter for helping me come up with a name.