- Text Size +
Going back to bed, knowing that Mark would be in soon wanting breakfast, Brianna thought of what the happened in the last few hours or so. Apart from her and Nick, last night never happened. They were going to start slowly again. In a month it would be their 1 month anniversary of when they became an item. Emotions were highly charged and they didn’t want anyone interfering of what they thought and what they were doing. They talked about their feelings, what needs to be done and where to go from here.

Laying in bed, watching the sunrise come through, Mark ran in and jumped on the bed as he normally did. “Hey champ. How are you?” Brianna said as he cuddled her.
“Good. Nick here?” Mark replied.
“No he’s home. He went home when I got back from my show at the club. I heard you only managed to watch the first quarter.” Brianna said.
“He lied. First quarter and 2 minutes into 2nd quarter.” Mark laughed.
“Oh excuse me, 2 minutes.” Brianna chuckled tickling him.
“What’s for breakfast?” Mark asked.
“How about we have pancakes for breakfast?” Brianna suggested.
“Can we?” Mark asked surprised.
“Sure can. Ice cream, syrup, berries.” Brianna replied.
“YAY!” He shrieked getting off the bed running out of the room.

Once breakfast was done and they were dressed, Mark was in the backyard playing with the dogs when Nick called her.
“What did we say about calling?” She asked quietly not letting Mark hear her on the phone.
“I know, I know, I’m sorry but I had to call you. I wanted to find out if I left my computer there last night?” Nick replied.
“You did and I hid it. All evidence from last night is gone.” Brianna replied.
“Phew! Thank god.” He sighed of relief.
“Why? What’s on it?” Brianna cheekily asked.
“Stuff, what else would be on it?” Nick laughed.
“Oh ha ha, funny.” Brianna said.
“”Stuff I wouldn’t want anyone to see. Secret stuff.” Nick said.
“Oh, Mr Mysterious aren’t we?” Brianna giggled. Nick just laughed.
“Listen, gotta go, Mark’s coming back in.” Brianna said and hung up.

For the rest of the day Mark and Brianna spent the day together at Brian and Leighanne’s spending quality time together. They hadn’t done it for a while and Brianna wanted to try and make things up to him. While she was playing him, her phone rang.

“Hello.” She chuckled answering the phone laying down on the grass, Mark tickling her.
“Hello.” She answered again. Click. “Mmmm.” She thought pressing the red button on her phone to clear the call.
“Who was that Mommy?” Mark asked putting his small arms around her shoulders.
“Don’t know must have been a wrong number. If it’s important they will call back. Now come on, you going to help me with dinner.” Brianna replied getting off the ground.

Inside they cooked dinner and were talking about for when Brian, Leighanne and Baylee arrive home. “We’ll have to find another home soon. Really soon.” She told Mark.
“Can I stay here? Baylee is cool.” Mark asked.
“Sorry sweetie. We need to move out.” Brianna replied.
“Nick will let us stay at his place.” Mark simply told her.
“Honey, you know we can’t stay there. Reason why we moved out.” Brianna said.
“Why?” He asked looking at her. The look he gave her, melted her.
“Because sweetie. Mommy says.” Brianna replied.
“WHY?” He asked.
“I wanna stay at Nick’s!” He said.
“Maybe one day. But not now.” She said.
“But I wanna go to Nick’s.” He whimpered.
“Mark, please!” Brianna begged.
“Aww.” He whined leaving the room.

This put the pressure on Brianna. She only had 1 and half weeks to find a new place on a reasonable budget. She was prepared for anything, she and Mark had that 1 bedroom apartment when he was first born. After she finished dinner and put Mark to bed, she called Alex.

“You busy tomorrow?” She asked him.
“Nope, why?” Alex replied.
“I was wondering if you could look after Mark tomorrow. I need to look at apartments for Mark and I.” Brianna said.
“Actually, seriously and it’s not charity or anything but one of my friends is going away for a few months overseas, tour and stuff for his band and is looking for someone to stay there. Keep an eye on a place.” Alex told her.
“Seriously?” Brianna asked unsure.
“I’m serious. Karen will tell you. She actually brought your name up and mentioned you had Mark and all. Johnny seemed interested.” Alex replied.
“Oh ok, sounds alright.” Brianna answered.
“I’ll pick you and Mark up tomorrow morning, say 9’ish and we’ll go and see the apartment.” Alex suggested.
“Alright, sounds good. Thanks.” Brianna replied.

Settling down for the night, her cell phone beeped.
“DO NOT MOVE IN WITH NICK. HE DOESN’T LOVE YOU. GO AWAY.” The text message read from an unknown number. Brianna looked puzzled. Another beep.
“IF YOU KNOW WHAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU SON, YOU WILL HAVE NO MORE CONTACT WITH NICK. GO AWAY.” Brianna was starting to get spooked now. She spent the entire night, watching Mark sleep so soundly and innocently thinking about the text message.

When Brianna and Alex were looking through Johnny’s apartment, she went around looking dazed. “You alright?” Alex whispered.
“Mmm, oh yeah fine.” Brianna replied startled.
“Don’t look fine.” He commented.
“I am fine seriously. Just a rough night with Mark.” She lied.
“He alright?” Alex asked.
“He wants to move back in with Nick. I am telling him no.” Brianna replied.
“Ouch! That’s gotta bite.” He said.
“Tell me about it.” Brianna sighed as she went to look in the bedrooms.

As she entered one of the bedrooms on her own, she got another text message.
“THIS ISN’T WHAT I MEANT. LOSE ALL CONTACT WITH NICK, EVEN HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY.” It read. Her phone then rang.
“I MEAN IT.” The unfamiliar voice told her as she answered the phone.
“What was that?” Alex asked standing behind her.
“Shit Alex, gimme a heart attack why don’t you?” Brianna said catching her breath.
“What’s going on Bri? You’ve been all quiet all morning, watching Mark like a hawk?” Alex asked.
“It’s nothing. Don’t worry.” Brianna replied.
“Let me be the judge of that.” He said grabbing Brianna’s phone.

“BRI!” He shrieked.
“It’s probably some fan who is wanting to be with Nick.” She shrugged.
“This is serious Bri. We gotta go to the cops!” Alex freaked.
“Calm down alright.” Brianna said.
“No way. Come on, we’re going to the cops. Leave Mark with Karen, and we’re going to the cops. You’ve had death threats.” Alex shrieked quietly. They walked out of the apartment, Alex holding Mark, walking closely to Brianna to the car.

“I think you are over reacting.” Brianna commented.
“No I am not.” Alex replied sternly. From this moment, Brianna and Mark’s life would never be the same again.