- Text Size +
At the local police station, Brianna and Alex waited for a police officer to help them.
“I think you are over reacting.” Brianna shrugged.
“When it’s against your son? It seems as though they were watching you.” Alex reminded her.
“I haven’t had any since then have I?” Brianna asked him.
“No, but that’s because I have your phone.” Alex replied.
“Damn you Alex.” Brianna said muttered.
“I’m sorry. I just care for you too much.” Alex told her.
“I do too.” Brianna sighed.
“Listen, if I am proved to be wrong, I will make a public apology. I will do something that I hate. I will do whatever you want me to.” He suggested.
“Deal.” Brianna replied as a police officer came up to them.

Inside the interview room Brianna explained to the officer the SMS’ and the couple of phone calls Brianna had received. “Has there been anymore since?” Detective Vince Mertz asked.
“After I heard the last one, I took her phone and we came here after dropping her son at my house with my fiancé.” Alex replied getting Brianna’s phone out of his jacket inside pocket handing it to Detective Mertz.
“Does this have a pin number?” He asked Brianna.
“No.” Brianna replied embarrassed.
“I would suggest from now on you would.” Vince suggested as he listened to the old messages and then the new ones that had come through then read the SMS’.

“Well?” Alex asked.
“There definitely is a threat there. What relationship do you have with Nick Carter?” Vince asked Brianna.
“Nick is a close friend. We were engaged but we broke up a couple of weeks ago. We have been together for almost a year. He’s almost like another Dad for my son, 4 years old next month.” Brianna replied.
“Close friend?” Alex remarked.
“Yeah course.” Brianna replied shocked that he would say something like that.
“Could there be anyone trying to harm the relationship you can think of?” Vince asked.
“No none. “ Brianna replied confidently.
“Would about his Mom?” Alex asked Brianna.
“I know she can be cruel, but she wouldn’t go down this low.” Brianna replied.
“His mother?” Vince asked.
“Yeah, his Mom. Has been involved with the law a few times.” Alex spoke up.
“She wouldn’t do this.” Brianna reiterated. At that moment, the phone rang, moving on the table with the vibrations.

“Hello.” Brianna answered calmly.
“I know where you are Brianna. Naturally that would be the first place you would go to. We are watching you now even more closely. Remember what you were told. Leave everyone alone.” The caller said and hung up.
“Well what now?” Alex asked worried.
“All we can do at the moment is tap her calls, change her number, screen calls and just get you to take extra precautions when being seen in public.” Detective Mertz answered.
“You are kidding me? She’s got a almost 4 year old child! She’s got threats.” Alex outraged.
“I’m sorry but that’s all we can do.” Vince tried to apologise.
“We’ll have to do what we can get. Take things cautiously.” Brianna replied.

As they left the interview room, Alex got his phone and dialled a number.
“What you doing?” She asked him.
“I’m calling security, gonna get Mark to a safe place and meet you there.” Alex insisted.
“You’re gonna scare him. You saw how he was on tour when with security. He freaked out. Now he is on his own.” She told him.
“Well we are going to get you to a safe place now. Tell you what. I take you there, go and get Mark, meanwhile talking to me on the phone all the time, and bring him back to where I am taking you. Then I will get your stuff from Brian’s for you.” Alex suggested.
“You won’t take no for an answer will you?” Brianna asked.
“Nope. Come on.” Alex replied as he put his arms around Brianna to protect her.
Chapter End Notes:
Wanting to do something different to this story so with the help of DelphinaCarter I am changing this a little bit. Please let me know what you think.