- Text Size +
Alex took Brianna to the Chateau Marmont hotel in Los Angeles. It was a 5 star hotel that dealt with celebrities all the time and held the strictest security so Brianna and Mark would be safe. When they arrived at the hotel, one of the band’s security guard was there, James ready and waiting for them.
“Please?” Alex begged Brianna. Alex and Brianna entered the hotel room, James standing guard outside.

An hour later, Alex arrived with Mark. “This our new home?” Mark asked Brianna.
“For the time being. Uncle Alex is letting us stay here.” Brianna told Mark.
“WOW!” Mark marvelled.
“Check out the big screen TV in the bedroom.” Alex said as he lead Mark into the bedroom where he and Brianna would be sleeping.
“Cool!” Mark exclaimed.
“You watch the TV while I talk to your Mom alright.” Alex told Mark.

“Alright, we got James on shift for a few hours. I’m going to organise security for a while for you standing outside the room. The only ones that will be allowed in here is me, the guys and fams, Detective Mertz if he wakes up and security with the cleaners here. That’s it. If you need to go out, which won’t be much you will have security with you. Even in bathrooms.” Alex instructed.
“Fine.” Brianna replied knowing she wouldn’t have a say in the matter.
“Ok, well I will get going, I’m gonna head home and do some calls, I’m only 20 minutes away. I’ll be back later.” He told her.
“Oh wait, what you going to tell everyone?” Brianna asked.
“The truth. It will come out eventually.” Alex replied.
“Oh.” Brianna replied.
“It will be alright. Just let this thing calm down a while. It’s not forever.” Alex tried to reassure her.

With Alex gone, there wasn’t much Brianna could do but go into the bedroom and watch TV with Mark. She was going to go insane with no real contact with the outside world and trying to keep Mark entertained for however long they would be trapped in the room. She had ideas inside on what she could do. Mark would certainly need toys and everything a kid would need in a home, Brianna would write music and she would have her guitar.

Phone calls were limited and they were to go through Alex. He wasn’t taking any chances on Brianna’s phone in case she was being tapped and the phone calls that would be private would be listened in on her phone.

Three weeks had gone by and the calls were still coming in. The threats. Detective Mertz was taking involvement more and spent time with Brianna with the phone calls. Brianna was going insane by the day. Mark was getting irritable and wanting to play outside more than what he was allowed. If there were any place where Mark would be safe it would be at Nick’s. He had high fences with electronic surveillance. To gain entry you had to be buzzed in.

Brianna had it all planned out. She didn’t want Mark to be cooped up anymore. It was depriving him of his childhood. Nick was visiting Mark which Alex agreed to. She had a bag packed for Mark to give to Nick.

While Mark was playing with Nick on the Playstation, Nick bought Mark for his birthday, Brianna brought the bag out. “Hold it there will you. Back in a sec.” He told Mark as he pressed paused on his controller and got off the floor and walking over to Brianna.

“What you doing?” He asked Brianna cornering her.
“Mark is going home with you. He can’t stay here. He needs room to move around, he needs to be free. He isn’t that while he is here.” Brianna told him.
“Bri, your being ridiculous. You know what’s going on. Mark coming home with me is the worst thing ever. That’s what these people want you to do. You are letting them win whoever they are.” Nick said.
“But you have the security. You are like a father to Mark. You would protect him.” She begged.
“Yes but...” Nick stammered.
“Nick, please. I have done nothing but think about this for 3 weeks. I’ve had nothing else to do for the three weeks. Mark is 4 next week. I want Mark to be with you. He belongs with you. He idolises you.” Brianna went on.
“Just take a deep breath. Come on. In and out.” He instructed her too.
“Nick, don’t do this to me. Just take Mark will you. Three weeks cooped up in a hotel is no way for a child.” Brianna begged.
“I bet AJ doesn’t know any of this.” Nick stated.
“Nick? Please! I am begging you.” Brianna cried.
“No. I’m sorry Bri but I won’t. I won’t let these people win. I care for you and Mark too much to jeopardise your lives. I know this is tough but you have to stay here. You both do.” Nick told her.
“May as well put me in a jail cell and throw away the key. This is what it’s like. I can’t do nothing without permission. As much as I love and appreciate what Alex is doing for us but I need something else. Karen is even cooking us meals because Alex doesn’t trust the hotel. I can’t breathe without security knowing. Any kind of sound that is out of the ordinary, there is a knock at the door.” Brianna said.
“You try doing this.” Brianna shrieked trying to be quiet not letting onto Mark.
“I’ll call AJ and see if we can get you to a new hotel, somewhere outta LA?” Nick suggested.
“No, no, no.” Brianna cried.
“Bri.” Nick said.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Brianna cried opening the door and running through the fire exit door next to their room.

Brianna ran down the 3 flights of stairs from the floor she was on, down to the lobby and made a quick exit for the street. She ran and she ran til she could run no more, catching her breath in a side street. She could hear through all the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles people calling out for her, voices she knew but she didn’t answer. She needed to be free.

Somehow she managed to get to Sunset Boulevard’s main strip. Her head down, the hoodie on her jacket on her head, hands in the jackets pockets she began to cross the road with the other pedestrians. Brianna walked behind the rest of the pedestrians being one of the last waiting to cross the road. As Los Angeles was traffic was horrible, it wasn’t uncommon for vehicles to stop right in front of people. A black van pulled up, slid open the door and two masked people in black, reached out and grabbed Brianna, sliding the door and tapping on the van for the driver to drive on. Brianna screamed but she was stopped by a sock being put in her mouth.
Chapter End Notes:
Thankyou very much to DelphinaCarter for helping me with this!