- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, very special thanks to DelphinaCarter for this. She rocks! Her fan fic is awesome too!
“What do you mean she escaped? What do you mean she’s gone?” Alex freaked out when Ben one of the security guards called him.
“One second she was here, the next she was gone. I swear man, by the time I got down the stairs charged after her she was gone. I lost her in the crowd.” Ben told him.
“What kind of a fuck wit are you huh? You are meant to be the best man!” Alex yelled at him.
“I’ve called the cops and they are on their way here now.” Ben told him.
“Oh fuck Ben, this isn’t good. You know the situation.” Alex replied.
“In the blink of an eye she was gone. I tell ya!” Ben said.
“What about Mark? Where’s he?” Alex asked.
“He’s here in the room with Nick. He doesn’t know what’s going on, Mark that is.” Ben replied.
“I’m on my way. Keep Nick there. Fuck.” Alex replied getting off the phone.

“Honey what’s wrong?” Karen asked Alex the moment he got off the phone.
“It’s Brianna. I can’t stay and tell you. I gotta go.” Alex replied angry and upset at the time. He pecked her on the cheek and ran out the door, Jason standing next to Karen waving goodbye to his father. That 20 minute drive felt like 20 hours.

Detective Mertz met Alex with the police at the hotel room. “How on earth?” Alex asked.
“We don’t know man.” Ben said.
“What exactly happened? From the beginning?” Detective Mertz asked. Nick explained how Brianna was feeling, what she was doing and then she left. Ben then explained what he saw.
“I was thinking the same thing, changing hotels. Change of scenery, etc.” Alex commented.
“Changing would have been best. Changing at irregular times and locations would have made things difficult for someone following and threatening Brianna.” Vince stated.
“NOW you admit it. Why didn’t you admit all these weeks ago? Alex outraged. At that moment, a door knocked, a uniform police officer went to the door to check who it was. Another uniform police officer walked in.
“Detective Mertz? A word?” This tall woman spoke signalling for him to come over to her. Alex and Nick looked puzzled, meanwhile watching Mark who was now in the bedroom asleep from being bored.

“We have an update and it’s not good.” Vince said.
“What?” Nick asked worried, fear in his voice.
“A few blocks away on Sunset there has been reports of a kidnapping with a woman of Brianna’s description. Can one of you confirm what she was wearing today?” Vince replied.
“Um, oh fuck, sorry. Um, green hoodie, black jeans, black sneakers.” Nick answered vaguely. Detective Mertz went over to the female officer, and making small nods.
“I’m afraid we have to believe it’s her. We have teams working on this right away.” Vince confirmed.
“No!” Alex and Nick shrieked. Nick had to move back a few paces to sit down.
“What about Mark?” Alex asked.
“Nick, did Brianna say anything to you about Mark?” Vince asked.
“Only to say that she trusted me with him as I have the security at my place.” Nick managed to reply but then broke into tears.

“I gotta let everyone know.” Alex sighed.
“We have media alerts going out now.” Vince told Alex.
“Oh shit, Brian!” Nick freaked out.
“We gotta do it man. We gotta tell them,” Alex said as he grabbed his phone to call Karen.

Within the hour, everyone was in the hotel conference room, Brian by phone. Naturally everyone was shocked and upset about Brianna and everything that they didn’t know on. Brian, Leighanne and Baylee were home later that night.

For the rest of the night, police interviewed everyone about Brianna’s personality, any enemies that she and Nick might have that Nick hadn’t thought of. Police mainly questioned Nick, Karen and Alex as they knew her more, Nick and Alex more so.

“What happens to Mark? Who’s looking after him?” Karen asked as the final question was asked, Nick up in the hotel room with Mark, Mark sound asleep, Nick pacing the room with worry.
“As Brianna left Nick in charge with Mark, Nick will. We’ll have teams set up at his place, patrols around the area.” Detective Mertz answered. As everyone left and hugged each other, Alex and Karen remained.
“You coming?” Karen asked Alex.
“Stay here alright. Don’t want you going anyway. I’m going upstairs to check on Nick and Mark.” Alex replied.

When Alex walked in the hotel room, he looked around for Nick and Mark. Nick was asleep on the bed with Mark, Nick’s arm around Mark, his head resting on Nick’s chest. He left a note for Nick saying to stay there the night, Alex insisted and they will be escorted back to his place tomorrow.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Read and Review