- Text Size +
How many of you have heard the infamous phrase… “Love never fails?” Well let me assure you it’s true, I should know. My sole purpose of existence is that to make sure every human in the world finds love.

Let me introduce myself first off, my name is Amor. I know what a name right? But if my purpose it to help you and everyone find love I think its suits well. Anyway now that I have introduced myself and my purpose I should let you know that I was put to this job by the almighty so yeah he does exist to all you skeptics.

I know what you’re thinking, if that is the case why does he have helpers? It’s easier to keep track but trust me its hard to work when he knows what you’re doing before you think it. So trust me… my job is not easy.

Unlike him, I can’t be in all places at all time so I have my helpers. You’re getting it right? I hope so because this is where my story takes place.

Well first I should say my position is what you humans would call a manager… I am the eldest and I get many new helpers daily. Maybe later I’ll share how that happens. Any who I can tell you this we look much like you humans except we are invisible to human eyes. Among other perks… like I never grow old yeah I know great.

There I go again getting out of subject. In case you haven’t noticed I am a tad bit of a chatter box and I do tend to get out of subject a few times but trust this story is worth it.

Hmm how do I start? I guess I can start by telling you our number one rule in I guess I could say cupid world. FYI we don’t have wings or an arrow and bow. All that is a myth we are actually like angels but we have a designated job… love.

Oh right our number one rule is that we can never fall in love. We do love though each and every human just like every other celestial creature. Now our kind does have deeper feelings so we can help our human find his or hers soul mate. Sometimes we’ve had a few of us actually fall in love with there human but after a little talking to well they understand it’s not possible.

Until Jade came along that is…

[Flashback]

“Number 45893,” I yelled as I welcomed our new crew. I smiled at the girl in front of me she looked confused. She was gorgeous her nervous smile told me she was lost. “Sweetie don’t worry… I’ll help you just relax,” I told her as I got her file.

“Jade McAllister right?” I gave her my best smile.

“Yes,” she nodded. “I was told to come to find Amor,” she told me killing my name. I knew then she must have been an American.

“Right I am Amor your guide through this course. I am sure Paul told you what you were chosen for right?” I asked her.

“Sort of I really didn’t understand.” She told me again the nervousness showing through her gorgeous eyes.

I gave her another smile and then I grabbed the other file that came attached to hers. I smiled as I saw whose file it was. I handed to her and then I watched as she looked at the file. “Whose he?”

“That is Alexander James McLean, born in Palm Beach Florida on January 9th 1978. He has had more than enough girlfriends and yet hasn’t managed to find his soul mate. He is about to turn thirty one and now it has come to our ears that he still has not found his true love. I can see why it’s difficult he is famous and he can have any girl he wants any day.” I told her as she continued to eye the file.

“I know he may look scary… but trust me we wouldn’t be helping him if it were true. He’s a real sweet heart he just needs to see it himself.” I fell silent as I saw her finally gawk as she saw his picture carefully.

“Are you serious? I mean I know who he is; he’s a Backstreet boy!” she told me putting the file down on my desk.

“I know well who he is… Nice band really good voices.” I told her grabbing the file again and it disappeared at my touch.

“I can’t do this… why am I here anyway?” she asked finally I saw her fear. A very human like emotion.

I walked up to her and smiled, “Jade you’re an angel.” As I told her, her eyes widened in surprise. “You are a love angel, cupid if you can understand that better.” I hate when Paul doesn’t explain my new people what has happened and why they have been sent to me. Well really I can’t hate Paul but it does annoy me a little… I really can’t feel annoyed or anger much. Like I said I am Amor.

[End of Flashback]

That day I explained to Jade why she was there and how she had died. It had been a tragic car accident caused by a drunk driver. It was the first time Jade had accepted to go with her college friends to a frat party. She was only twenty three, but let’s not dwell on the past and let’s get to the point of my story.

Jade was not so happy about her mission see she actually had been a very big closet fan of the Backstreet boys. Her favorite? You guessed it AJ now before you start putting one on one there I did not have anything to do with that. Besides I have no hand in choosing that part, I just get the files as they come.

The point is she has no choice it’s her job to find him a soul mate. I told her that as time went by her feelings about her human life would be replaced by the love we all have for humans in general. Normally that is what happens to you know.

So I must tell you that we do give a little training on the whole cupid thing. As well we can sort of materialize into any human we want to help in a physical way. I know another perk. So finally I felt she was ready and so I sent her on her mission just like I do to every other newcomer.

Now let me again repeat that I am not the almighty and can sort of surpass checking on some of helpers but not for very long. I just didn’t realize that in those few days I didn’t check up on Jade I would unleash a new passion one I have never seen before…. It was AJ’s last chance to find his soul mate and Jade’s chance to fulfill her goal as an angel of love.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok so I had taken this story down... but I have been able to keep writing more on it and being the day it is... I decided to put it back on... I am posting the first two chapters but later I will post the two new ones. Please let me know what you think. :)