- Text Size +
[Jade’s POV]

I was sad I realized my life was cut so short. Now here I was learning my new job. Amor had been very nice and I knew soon I would be like her. Yet something in me still yearned to get a chance to go back, I had so much I still wanted to experience.

“Do you know how my parents are handling my passing?” I asked her on one of our one on one lessons. I was still learning my abilities as an angel. I was also very intrigued by this new world.

“Well why don’t we go and see,” I heard Amor tell me as she took my hand and told me to close my eyes and think of them, my parents.

As soon I did I was there… my two story house in the small town of Mesquite Texas. As we walked in I found my father sitting in his chair the T.V. on CNN like always but he didn’t seem to be at all into what the news reporter said. He looked far away and distant that’s when I saw my baby picture in his hand. I wanted to run to him and tell him I was ok but Amor told he could not see me.

I watched as my mother came from the kitchen with to cups of coffee and handed one to my father. “Our little angel finally joined god in heaven,” she told my father as fresh tears ran down her face. I knew I wanted to cry but again to my surprise no tears came. I would never feel tears roll down my cheek.

Amor wrapped her arm around me and spoke, “They will surpass it… Jade its part of life.” I just smiled wryly at her what did she know. Wait maybe I should have not thought that, but it was too late she answered my question even when I had not asked it out loud.

“I once was human and just like you my life was cut short. I had loved ones like you. Jade trust me this will pass and your parents will heal not completely but they will learn to live without you. Besides you could always come and check on them, as long as you don’t intercede with there guardian angels of course.” I arched my brow at her last comment.

She then cleared her throat and pointed toward my parents again and right behind them stood to other angels? “Those are your parent’s guardian angels.” She told me as she waved at them. My mother’s guardian angel was a very gorgeous woman with a very antique wardrobe and she looked up at me and smiled. Then all of a sudden she was beside me, she took me by surprise when she hugged me. “We finally meet,” she told me with a warm smile on her face.

“That is your relative,” Amor told me as she explained to me my family tree from my mother’s side. I then met my dad’s guardian angel he was from an earlier decade the 60’s he was my father’s great Uncle Mark. He was funny and even told me a few things about my father I had never known.

I left with Amor with a more peaceful set of mind knowing my parents were in good conditions. I was surprise to learn that I was to leave on my mission the next day, I was ready Amor had told me.

I have to admit I was a little excited to go… I mean how lucky was I to have gotten a pop star as my mission? AJ McLean had always been my favorite backstreet boy and of course I had all there CD’s including there most recent Unbreakable. I was actually a little disappointed that the boys had not put Dallas in there list of cities in the U.S. that they would tour.

I guess I could admit I was also a little relieved because truth be told I didn’t have one single friend that thought anything good about the Backstreet boys. Most of my friends were over them, they were more into the hip thing. Not that I didn’t like that stuff but the boys had always kept a special part of my heart.

As I learned what was left for me to learn I felt nervous, I mean I knew how I should feel like for the many reasons that Amor had already listed for me but I was fairly new so of course I still had most of my human emotions. I knew they would not last though.

Finally the day had come and as I stood in front my mentor I sighed, “I can always come to you for help right?” I asked her as she handed me AJ’s file. “Yes,” she told me smiling.

“Concentrate and remember you can do this. Go find him his soul mate,” she told me and then I closed my eyes and began to think of him.

Not even five seconds later I began to hear loud screams and the tune for “I’ll never break your heart,” I smiled as stood right beside AJ his voice causing the screams. He had a wonderful voice that was undeniable.

I swear that if my heart could jump out of my chest it would have. For an instant I just hummed to the song looking around the arena. Then I realized I was in Mexico as I began to read the signs in the audience. They were on tour and then there I saw it AJ was definitely flirting with one of the girls in the front row.

I even felt the butterflies in my stomach with that breath taking smile he had giving her. I sighed and then I was right beside the girl. She was definitely flirting back, but my new cupid intuition told me she was not his soul mate.

I realized that this mission was going to be harder than I had thought. I knew then it was going to take me more than just one day to find him the girl of his dreams. I sighed and then I headed back to the stage and decided that I might as well enjoy the concert. This was by the far the best seat I ever had at any concert….

******

After that very electrifying concert I followed him to his dressing room. I watched him closely as he looked at himself on the mirror and then I saw it in his eyes. He knew that something was missing in his life…

“Fuck,” he said and I cringed at his language. I watched him take out a cigarette and begin to dial in his phone. I only shook my head as I saw him; he was definitely different to what I had imagined him to be.

I listened as he talked to his mother about some of his recent decisions on his solo career. I turned in time to see Nick come in with a grin on his face. “Yo AJ guess who’s going to be at the after party tonight?” he had asked him.

“I don’t know Nick who?” AJ said putting his phone away after saying good bye to his mother.

“The girl that was flirting with you tonight. Someone is going to get lucky tonight,” he told him. I grimaced at the thought; I definitely needed to find him the right girl soon. I just had to learn more about him.

I will not go into details on what happened that night because well lets just say it’s not G rated. I needed to get close to him and find out what exactly he wanted, because of one thing I was for sure. He did not want to marry one of his groupies let alone a money hungry girl that only wanted him for his money. I had seen a lot of that that night.

As I watched him sleep in his hotel room with that girl still his bed with him. I came up with a plan on how I would find out more of him. I was aloud to use my powers to find as many information to help him find “her” so my plan was ok to use. I smiled to myself and then walked out of his hotel and went to work on my great plan.

*******

[Amor’s POV]

It would have been a great plan… but I won’t spoil this story by telling you what that was you’ll just have to continue to read… I’ll let Jade and AJ himself tell you the rest.