- Text Size +
I had just gotten through customs when I saw this beauty standing with a sign with my name on it. I was a little confused but curious on why she was looking for me. “Yes how can I help you,” I asked her looking around for my PA Christine she was supposed to be here to pick me up.

“Hi I am Jade your temporary PA… I don’t know if Christine has contacted you yet. She had a family emergency and had to leave back to New Jersey. Family problems,” she told me giving me a killer smile.

I was still trying to comprehend what she was saying… Christine had left and now I was stuck with her. Not that I minded she was cute but I was used to my PA. “Who hired you?” I asked her as she took one of my hand bags and began to walk to the car.

“I actually am one of Christine’s friends who happens to love her enough to help her out. I promise she will be back soon… no worries. Trust me I know enough to know not to screw up… she left a detailed notebook with everything I should know about you. I already have your coffee waiting for in the cup holder just like you like it. Welcome home sir…” she smiled again as she opened the trunk of the car and put in my luggage.

“Sir?” I said smiling at her… “Christine knows better than to call me like that. It makes me feel old, please call me Alex.” I told her as I took a seat on the passenger side taking my cup of coffee and taking a sip. Just the way I liked it alright.

“How was your tour sir… I mean Alex?” Jade asked me as she began to drive.

“Good and tiring like always. I am so ready to crash in my bed as soon as we get home,” I told her yearning to be in my bed catching on my z’s.

I had dozed off on the drive home and was awoken by a pat on my shoulder and an angelic face looking down on me… “I must have fallen asleep,” I told her clearing my throat and stepping out of car and walking straight to my door.

I hadn’t even taken two steps inside the house when I was attacked by my dogs. I couldn’t help but play with them… they were my babies. If I could count on an undying and always there love it was from my dogs and my mother. I shook away my thoughts not wanting to remind myself just how pathetic I was. I was still single and jealous of three of my band mates… well technically two since Kevin was no longer a Backstreet boy. It was Nick and I that were always getting into the fucked up relationships, only getting used for our status as celebrities.

I was brought back from my dog’s affection by Jade’s voice asking me if I needed anything from her. I shook my head and told her to go about her regular chores. I finally stood up and walked up my stairs into my room. I sighed in relief as plopped to on my bed and after that I didn’t think of nothing else…

******

[Jade’s POV]

I had walked the dogs and fed them and now I was looking through his schedule, even though he had a week off, it didn’t mean he was free to do what he wanted. He had appointments to many different things from meeting with producers to seeing his dentist. He schedule was pretty crammed how was I going to be able to get him a date?

Did he even have a certain someone he thought was cute? Or did he even have a “girlfriend” per say not serious but maybe that he was dating? I knew I had to find out so concentrating I swept into his dream…

I gasped as I entered it he was weird alright it was he had stepped into a fantasy world. Different colors everywhere and as she walked into this dream world he saw AJ sitting on the sand with a guitar in had singing to a mermaid that looked like her? What was this suppose to mean? Just like that dreamed disappeared now it looked like they had traveled back to AJ’ s past it was clear he still could not forget that part of his life.

She could feel his pain and could feel his sadness. He was ashamed of his past yet he kept torturing himself with it even in his sleep. She was entranced she did not realize he was behind her till she felt his hand on her shoulder making her turn. I blushed and sighed at his stare it was intense and full of curiosity.

“Who are you?” he asked me as he caressed my cheek. “I must be turning crazy… I mean I just met you today and now I am dreaming about you.” He told me laughing to himself.

I smiled at him and knew it was best if I vanished and so I did. I could hear him tell me not to go… But I knew better I couldn’t let him get suspicious. I came back to the real world and began to look through his house to find out as much as I could from his ex girlfriends so that I could make sure to keep him away from that kind.

I didn’t understand why as I looked through his things the only thing I kept thinking about was his soft yet manly hand on my cheek. He had his charm and from what I read in his file he was a good guy why was he targeting bad woman to himself?

I smiled as I found some promising information, I found a copy of the book his mother had written about him a few years earlier… I had meant to buy and read it but my college life had not given me time. Now here was my opportunity… I took the book and headed to a place were I couldn’t be bothered. Thanks to my new powers I finished the book in a glance feeling even more compassion for the man I had sort of been disgusted by earlier this week.

I had realized now how he dealt with his pain and that was caused him to make poor decisions sometimes like sleeping with his fan. I knew then I would be determined to find him a good woman… As I thought about it more I realized that he had said he trusted Christine. Maybe Christine was the one he just didn’t know it yet.

I was back in my human form and in the laundry room fetching the dogs some food. When I came out there was AJ shirtless yawing? “Hello you’re awake already?” I asked him as I turned trying not to gawk at him.

“Yeah…couldn’t sleep after I left a really good dream.” He told me as he watched me feed his dogs. “So Jade tell me a little bit about you… how did you meet Christine and why hasn’t she presented me to you?”

I tried to think of good reason and then I had it… “I one of her more quiet friends, I actually only talk to her by emails mostly. I guess we both are so busy with life we don’t really talk or hang out much but we are there for each other when we need to be.” I told him giving him a smile.

“Interesting… I just would have thought that Christine would want to present me her single friends she knows I am in the market for good girls. To bad she’s engaged not because I you know its just I wish I would find someone like her.” he said awkwardly, turning red.

I laughed… that explained why he hadn't hit on Christine. “I am engaged too actually, I lied.” I knew it had to be done but down deep down I wanted to say the contrary. I couldn’t and I knew well I was dead and only to help him. I had to let go of all my human emotions and soon…
Chapter End Notes:
OK here is the next chapter... I am still working on this bear with me it will get interesting. :) please let me know what you think.