- Text Size +
[AJ’s POV]

“I need you to accompany me shopping today Jade. I have a birthday bash to go to and need a woman’s advice on what to get my friend.” I told my new PA Jade. I still could understand why I felt the need to stare at her so much. It was like she had some sort of aurora around her. I mean I’m not into all the physic shit but something about her made me feel safe.

I still could not understand why I was not yet freaking out or why I didn’t care that Christine hadn't told me about her sudden emergency? In head I go this tiny hope or idea that maybe she had done it on purpose? She had always told me she would find me the right girl for me… I had always taken it as a joke though nothing serious but what if it was?

Then as I remembered a conversation earlier where Jade told me she was engaged through back to ground zero. I smiled at her as she looked up from her planner. She had the most beautiful eyes ever and I felt at peace when I looked into them.

“Ok what time?” Jade asked me as she looked at me curiously.

“In an hour or so,” I answered a little embarrassed by my behavior. I sighed and then I had to ask her… “Jade here have a seat we need to talk,” I told her determined to find out more about her.

I saw her hesitate as she awkwardly sat back down. “Yes am I doing something wrong?” she asked me yet she looked like she had left my room and was daydreaming? Finally she cleared her throat and gasped, looking a little too scared.

“I’m not going to fire you…if that is what you’re assuming.” I said clearing that out. She only nodded but somehow I knew she wasn’t completely sure about my statement.

“Listen I just think I will feel much more comfortable if I knew a little more about you.” I told her giving her my most sincere smile. “I mean I really don’t know you and Christine knew everything about me… I know she left you a notepad with everything you need to know but I would prefer for it to be me who tells you. In return I want to know more about you.”

“Ok,” she said with a whisper putting away her notepad and looking down to her fingers like she was being interrogated by a cop. I had to smile her skin was just so inviting a crème color and her eyes standing out from her face an intense green. I felt shivers as she looked up to stare at me for a second before looking back down.

“You know I don’t know if anyone ever told you this but your eyes are gorgeous I am sure that is why your mother named you Jade.” I told her not helping myself at a little flirtation.

“So what do you want to know? Do you want to see my resume?” she asked me completely ignoring my compliment.

“No I hate to read them they are so professional I am not a big corporation I am just a guy who needs help keeping his shit together.” I laughed with her when she laughed I assumed it was due to my bad language I still have to work on that… what can I say?

“Ok,” she bit her lip and smiled.

“So lets start with the basics,” I told her rubbing my hands together for emphasis. “Full name please…”

“Jade Mc…Mason.” She said shyly and then clearing her throat. “Do I need to tell you my whole name?” I asked her.

“No I know it,” she told me smiling. She was nervous I could tell.

“Ok next, Birthday? I need that one because I give my employees something on there birthdays.”

“March 17, 1985.” She answered quickly.

“Young aren’t you? Well I thought you were younger actually. Favorite color?” I asked almost sure she would say green.

“Yellow and black if I have to choose,” she said I could see she was starting to feel more at ease.

I arched my brow at her answer, “Nice choice…”

“Yeah well I do like all the warm colors really…that’s why my favorite season is fall.” I smiled when she began to share more about herself. I could definitely see myself getting to know her more there was something stopping me though… her fiancé.

**********

[Jade’s POV]

“I actually wanted a Harley but my parents would’ve killed me first than to allow me to get one,” I told him… we had been at it all day even now in the mall as we looked from store to store trying to find his friend Janet a gift.

“So you like bikes, I pictured you in a beetle or something like that.” he told me as we entered Express. I smiled at his comment; I knew I shouldn’t be doing this I was supposed to finding him someone. But I had a good excuse Janet… she was on my list. I was going to find out more about her. She was my new prospect.

He had talked about his love for her friendship maybe if I played the cards right Janet would be Mrs. McLean. I was going to make sure I dug into that friendship more later today when I wasn’t with him; I would immaterialize and go looking for this Janet.

I also needed a break from my human form. I had learned that we really should not stay long in them… there must be a reason for it. “So how long have you known Janet?” I asked him as we went to the accessories.

“For a long time actually… She’s been there for me and I consider her a very good friend.” he answered looking at me curiously. So quickly made it clear I was just trying to find out more about her so we could get her the appropriate gift.

“Maybe you should come with me to the bash, its going to be fun.” He told me catching me by surprise. I shook my head quickly knowing where this was going… I couldn’t let it happen it was the number one rule! I had to find this Janet girl quick.

“I can’t I have to work and…” he put his hand up to shut me up.

“No you work for me remember? So I say you’re coming with me and so now we also have to shop to get you a nice dress.” He told me a triumphant smile on his face. Maybe be I should have materialized into a man… but then my plan might have backfired.

No I could do this… besides I was starting to feel more like a cupid. Little by little I could perceive more things that humans couldn’t beside all I need was one good shot with Janet and maybe AJ would find his match.
Chapter End Notes:
ok... so here the next chapter... things are to evolve.