- Text Size +
[Jade’s POV]

I watched as Janet moved around her room preparing everything for her bash. She was excited and she looked like a descent girl alright. Her brown hair and brown eyes gave out her excitement. I was starting to like her very much and she seemed to not to really care that she was friends with a backstreet boy…or two.

That’s when I saw it the twinkle in her eye at the mention of Nick Carter. I saw how she excitedly spoke to her friend about maybe this time Nick would notice her. I felt bad for her and I wanted to help her out. She was a good girl she was and maybe Nick needed a girl like her in his life.

I know what you’re thinking I can change her feelings and lean then toward AJ but sorry to disappoint you I can’t. She must have some small feeling for him and she did but it was friendship not love. Her heart only had eyes for Nick; I wondered if Nick didn’t notice them? It only had taken me a few minutes to decipher her feelings toward the blond man.

So as quickly as I came to her I vanished and appeared back in the big house AJ called home. It was well past twelve and he was still out with his best friend Chris. As tempted as I was to go to where he was I opted for rearrange my tactics to finding the future missus.

I was beginning to hate myself for not being a good cupid. I didn’t know how long this would take but the faster the better… because for one I didn’t like the feelings I starting feel for AJ. Not that I was planning to let my human emotions get the best of me. I knew it was just time that I needed.

My thought where interrupted and I got startled when I heard his voice along with two more coming into his house. Lucky for me I was in cupid form so they could not see me. I watched curiously as he was followed by his friends. One I knew for sure… Chris. The other I was sure was a new acquaintance and maybe just for the night. I couldn’t deny and say she wasn’t beautiful but she was not what AJ needed.

My next action would be to stop AJ from doing his little one night stands it was horrible and bad for his rep. I followed her with my gaze as I saw her eyes sparkle at the grand house and everything in it. She had excused herself to the restroom.

That’s when I heard the question that made me stop in my tracks to follow the woman to the restroom. “Is she here? Or do you think I can meet her?” Chris asked curiously to AJ who seemed to turn red at his questions.

“No she’s not here she works for me not lives with me. I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to meet her, then it will be obvious you don’t know how to play off anything. Just wait till Janet’s party the day after tomorrow.” AJ told him smacking his arm. Were they talking about me? I looked carefully and saw the look on AJ’s face it was one of someone who had just found a new crush. I shook my head and yet my heart pounded fast in my chest well if I had heart that is… it felt like it did. I couldn’t help but smile… but quickly I stopped my own thoughts and concentrated on AJ’s words.

“She’s so different Chris and it’s like I can be me around her. I don’t dude but I think god is answering my mother’s prayers. What a coincidence that Christine has an emergency and so she sends Jade to assist me when I am gone?” he said in a whisper to Chris who looked amused.

“But don’t forget you said she was engaged… doofus and besides I thought you were into all the superstitious shit.” Chris told AJ as he took a seat on one of the couches. “Man I need to meet this girl… she has some power over you.”

“I don’t know maybe I always have believed in the inexplicable… just never really embraced it. I think she’s not happy with her fiancé and I’m going to find out.” I sighed in horror as my suspicions were confirmed. He liked me and even with this sadness the overwhelmed my body for failing in my duty I felt my mouth spread into a smile. What was I going to do?

*******

[AJ’s POV]

I was kissing this girl I had met but it was just not working. All I kept thinking about was those intense green eyes. I pushed her off me and cleared my throat. “It’s getting late maybe you should go,” I told her getting up and walking away from her.

My friend Chris by then had left, my intentions were to have a little fun with her but tonight I just couldn’t take away those thoughts of loneliness and feeling of surrender to another one night stand. This was getting tiring and I realized it no longer satisfied me. I wanted something like Brian and Howie had. Why was it so hard for me though?

I saw her face it was offended by me turning her down. “Look Casey I know you expected more today but really I am feeling under the weather I’ll call you and promise I will make it up to you.” I gave her my killer irresistible smile and she just smiled forcefully.

“Fine, good night AJ.” She told me grabbing her purse from the table and walking to the door. I sighed feeling bad for her but I just couldn’t go through with it. “do you need a ride?” I asked hey the least I could do is take her back to her place. “NO thanks, I’ll be fine.” I cringed as she shut the door hard.

I fell back into the couch feeling down and for an instant I felt the urge to ease my pain. All I had to do is go get a bottle of Jack, but somehow I couldn’t do it. I smiled as my dogs came to me and joined in my couch. “At least I have you two,” I told them as they kissed me.
I finally forced myself up the stairs to my room. I must have been more exhausted then I had thought because all I remember is tripping on a step and falling to the ground. “Shit,” I screamed. As the pain got to me I had hit my head hard. I felt darkness consume me.

All remember is waking up to Jades beautiful green eyes staring at me with concern. “Ow,” I sighed as my hand went to my head that was now bandaged up. I realized I was now in my bed. “What time is it?” I asked as I tried to adjust my sight.

“Its 1:30 in the morning sir,” Jade told me stopping me from standing up. I looked at her curiously… “How did you get here and why so late? Weren’t you gone since five in the afternoon?” It was like she had been there all long I had remembered the time on my phone as I walked to the stairs. It had only been twelve.

“Right,” she said shyly, “I forgot my cell phone and I really needed it. I figured you would still be out with your friends so I thought I would just sneak in and out. But instead I found you lying on the floor.” She looked concerned as she rechecked my head. “Does it still hurt? Do you want to go the hospital?”

I looked at her and sighed, “No I just need to rest. I will be fine.” I laid back down staring at her, “You can’t go to sleep its not healthy after a head injury. I read that somewhere in a book.” She told me startling me and I open my eyes.

“Ok then I guess I’ll go make me a sandwich.” I told her but quickly changing my mind when I felt a dizzy spell. “Never mind,” I told her grabbing my remote control and turning on my TV. “I get the sandwich for you, just please sir don’t fall asleep.” I laughed at her concern and comment. “I won’t. Thanks Jade you’re an angel, will you stay with me? I mean if its ok I don’t want to impose. I will pay you…” I bit my lip as she stared me as if she was battling with her decision.
Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think... :) hope you like