- Text Size +
[Jade’s POV]

I paid my escort and swore him to secrecy. I walked away not knowing where I actually wanted to be. It was only three in the morning and AJ was still with Janet and Nick. I walked only hearing my heals down the pavement of all these clubs.

“Your walking mighty fast,” Some told me startling me. I turned and saw no one, “who’s there I said not really scared I mean I knew I was dead not like I could die again.”

“Nate Braxton,” he said showing himself to me again. “So you got AJ huh? I hope he is easier than Nick.”

I gawked at him and then it dawned on me, Nick also had someone trying to find him a soul mate. “What are you serious? Nick is so easy have you tried Janet AJ’s friend?” I told him as he continued to walk with me.

“Yep but I have to keep his options open. Janet is nice and trust me has had a couple of dreams involving her. But I don’t there is this other girl named Lauren. So here I am stuck till he chooses I guess.” Nate said as we turned the corner. “In the other hand I heard AJ has a new crush on his PA. You should start from there, I here a lot amongst Nick and AJ when they hang around.”

I bit my lip and coughed, “Yeah ok I’ll keep an eye on that.” I finally answered. “So how long have you been here?”

He looked at me and laughed, “a while but remember for us time does not exist.” He said looking at her, “Your pretty new aren’t you?”

“Yeah… I am still trying to get the hang of all this. How did you… you know?”

He laughed, “Well I died in my sleep of natural causes I was sixty four. I may not look like it now but you the perks of being who we are.” He said smiling at her, “How about you?”

She sighed heavily and looked at him, “I was in a car accident… a drunk driver hit me and my friend. I died instantly and my friend well she survived… I was twenty three. I was in my junior year in college.”

“Wow that’s pretty devastating but look at you now. You’re here again and trying to help someone. I can feel the intensity in you aurora for this man, you’ll find him someone deserving.” He said patting her back. “So you say Janet is there something I should know?”

“Janet is a wonderful girl and I know for a fact she likes Nick for the real him no the pop star Nick. I was trying to see if maybe I could get AJ to look at her as more then friends but when I began to follow her and see her emotions she is definitely crazy for Nick.”

“I will definitely look into that then. If you ever need my help you know where to find ok?” he stopped and looked at her. “Sometimes its better to not literally get involved with your person it just tends to chaos. I should know, I wasn’t always Nicks Cupid.”

“So you never materialized?” Jade asked cautiously.

“no, I thought about it but I haven’t found it necessary. Like I said I’ve have seen the chaos it has created. I have to run I have some plans to work on.”

She nodded and watched him vanish she looked around hoping nobody saw her speaking to herself. She sighed when she realized that almost everyone around was to drunk to care. She finally came into an alley and with a split second thought of AJ she was back at the club but as an angel.

“So are you going to tell me why your so gloomy?” I heard Janet ask AJ as they finished getting all her presents together.

“Me gloomy no! I think your just to drunk to see straight.” He said hugging her. “I’ll take you home,” he said only to hear Nick say other wise.

“Hey AJ if you like I can take her home she lives more toward my house than yours. Besides you look like your dog just died.” Nick said taking the gift bags from AJ’s hand.

“Is that ok with you Janet?” he asked her giving her a smirk.

“Yeah fine,” I saw Janet said turning shades of red. Lucky her I thought but quickly paid attention to what Janet was telling AJ now that Nick had walked to his car. “So your new PA is pretty and I couldn’t help but notice how you looked at her.”

“Jade is a sweet girl but she is engaged and I am not one to separate a happy couple.” He said kissing her cheek. “Don’t worry I will get laid tonight,” he smirked at her and elbowed her… “I have a feeling you will too.” He giggled as Janet turned red.

“I don’t think so Alex you should know I don’t do one night stands.” She told him before she walked out.

********

[AJ’s POV]

My drive to the house one of thinking, seeing Jade happy and realizing that the did look pretty into her made me realize that maybe he really did need to reavaluate my relationships and maybe just me look more closely before jumping into one. I have a lot of wonderful female friends. I could probably start there so many I just sort of lost touch.

The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. I needed to start freaking out soon! I still hadn't heard from Christine which was weird. That is when my mind started going into the weird zone. Jade made me think to much… I liked it when Christine was here and I didn’t have to think about being at home or going to ask my PA where my next appointment would be. With Jade well I can now admit I have a crush on her.

Sue me I am man! But it’s a little more really it’s like she definitely is more mature than her age. I know you know about mistakes in choosing to date someone way younger than me. Not that I am stating that I will date Jade she is out of the picture.

I as drove past more clubs I recognized a face, he had changed clothes but I knew who he was. I would never forget the face of the man that Jade claimed to love. I slowed down and realized he was with another woman going into the club. They were definitely more than friends by the way they touched.

I smiled at the sight and then it went away because I realized how Jade was going to feel when she finds out. Do I want to let her know? I mean I know my chances to maybe get to know her more as a personal interest would increase if I did. But I don’t think I could handle the mess that came when a woman is trying to decide what do about being cheated on. I should know!

I grabbed my phone and dialed a very familiar number I had used this private detective before on one of my exes. Not saying any names. “Hey Richard,” I said into the receiver.

“Alex?”

“Yeah I know it’s late or early but I need your help and you know I will pay you well.” He sighed into receiver realizing he was nuts calling him at this time.

“Ok shoot.”

“Could you meet at Vermont Avenue in the parking lot for Tiger Lily right now?” Alex asked.

“NO I could be there in fifteen,” I heard Richard tell me as I realized he was moving about in his house.

“Ok fifteen,” I told him and did a U-turn going to park.

I sighed and shook my head was I doing the right thing? Was Jade worth it?
Chapter End Notes:
Ok finally an update...hope you still like it. review please :)