- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK so I finally got inspired to finish this story... First off you might want to read chapter 8 again I rewrote it... enjoy.
[Alex POV]

I arrived to my house just as the sun was coming up. I could hear my dogs begin to bark with impatience. I smiled as I realized that with this new information I would maybe have a chance after all with Jade.

I waited patiently for her arrival but to my surprise when I heard my door open it was Christine. “Christine…” I said the smile on my face fading.

“Alex I am so sorry about this whole thing with me not being here when you arrived. I had a family emergency but I am back now.” Was the last thing I heard as I entered my own world asking myself why Jade was no longer here.

“Well welcome back… can I ask you something?” I asked her as I hugged her… don’t get me wrong I was glad she was back because well with her I didn’t have to worry about her not knowing me well enough to screw up my schedule.

She nodded and took a seat in front of me with a curious look on her face. “Jade your friend the one you sent here while you were out of town… did she leave already?”

I watched the face Christine made as she looked at me… “Yeah she found out that her fiancé was cheating on her… she left to Colorado to her hometown actually. She was super glad I had come back when I did.”

“Oh so she found out last night?” I asked her as I rubbed my neck.

“Yeah… they got into this really bad fight after they left the party.” I felt a lump on my throat as I heard her…

********

[Jade’s POV]

I felt super guilty as I heard and watched AJ ask about me. I had to stop materializing as myself and now here I was being Christine. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the disappointment in AJ’s face when he saw me walk in as Christine.

I had to do it though after I realized that my escort had been seen with another woman by AJ. I felt horrible and the fact that he showed so much affection and care for me that he hired the private investigator made me feel worse.

I had to hurry and find someone for him even though I really was procrastinating. I don’t understand why but it’s becoming harder for me to focus on the real reason why I am here. I think maybe I should talk to Amor.

I finally realized Alex or should I say AJ was asking me something, “Sorry what did you say Alex?” I said clearing my thoughts.

“I asked if everything was ok. I mean I don’t even know the family emergency but I hope everything is ok.” I smiled at him and my heart felt like it was coming back to life. He was such a caring person.

“Yes I think my father will be fine.” I lied as I finally looked at the dogs and there food tray was empty. “I’m going to feed them.” I said as I walked away.

That night as I watched Alex sleep I almost cried. This job was harder than I thought. Not only because I was falling for my human because now I yearned more than ever to be human again.

I wondered if I would have been human if I would have caught AJ’s eye then. I watched him stir bringing me back from my thoughts and then there it was the whisper from his mouth… he said my name.

I wanted to run to Amor and tell her what is happening to me but I was also scared to do so. I knew the number one rule. Was there a possible way to ask for a transfer?

Instead I pictured Nate in my head and found him sitting in Nick’s living room. He looked pensive when I cleared my throat. “Busy?”

“Jade,” he said smiling as he patted the seat beside him. “What can I do for you?”

“Well I know you’ve been doing this whole cupid thing longer than I have… How do you go about getting a transfer?” I asked cautiously.

He chuckled and smiled, “YOU fell for AJ didn’t you?” I only nodded.

“Is it that visible?” I asked.

“I am not Amor but yeah I knew you had the hots for him since our first talk.” He patted my back and sighed. “I know that when you get transferred you get transferred from department… not person.”

“So I wouldn’t be a cupid?” I stated.

“Pretty much, you get a different department. You can be a healer or an angel of passage. There is many different types of angels.” He explained as he looked up to the ceiling.

“Who’s with Nick?” I asked as I heard a loud thump.

“Well I hope your right about Janet,” Nate said with a smirk on his face.