- Text Size +
~ Chapter 15 ~


As it turned out, Ronny told his buddy about his girlfriend’s situation, so he told him that he would pay for Laura. When Ronny told her this, she was ecstatic! She was on the phone with him, as she got ready. She felt the smile on her face stretch as she saw lights flash through the window from another car.

“Well, babe,” she said, into the phone. “I have to go – see you soon.”

“Okay, baby. I’m glad this all worked out. I can’t wait to grind on you.”

Laura giggled, “Me too, baby. Love ya, bye.”

“Love – love you too.” With that said he hung up the phone.

Laura paused for a moment; did Ronny actually say he loved her? She almost didn’t know how to take that. She quickly put that thought aside as she remembered her plan, this was going to work, it had to work! She looked herself in the mirror and grinned, she looked stunning. Her dark hair was down and flowed loosely down her back, her tight black stress up to her thighs and showed all her womanly curves. The top pushed her breasts up; making her look even more luscious.

The door then opened and Laura greeted them, “Well, hello girls.”

Kimberly looked at her roommate with unsure eyes, “Why are you all dressed up?” Her eyes were no longer red; her voice was crackly though, from crying. Laura picked up on it and just smirked.

“I have a date,” she simply replied.

“No Ronny?” She questioned.

“Nope, not tonight,” she responded, as she walked away. “Going out with some guy named Nick tonight,” she turned her head to glance at Kimberly and saw the overwhelm expression.

“Oh…have fun.”

Ashley was glaring at Laura like she was some bug that she needed to kill – and quickly, “Come on, Kim. Let’s go in your room.”

As they were about to walk up the stairs, Laura asked, “So Kim, how long did you plan on keeping Nick your little secret?”

She froze in her tracks and turned so that she was facing her, “Ex – excuse me?”

“I found your photo. How could you keep something like that from me?” She demanded.

“What were you doing in my room?!?” Barked Kimberly, “You had no right snooping through my things!”

“I was looking for something. And AJ thinks I’m hot – yet you didn’t tell me. Did you want to fuck all the boys?” She shook her head in disgust, “Didn’t think you were such a slut.”

“I never once fucked AJ! I didn’t tell you because then I would have to tell you about Nick.”

“I’m not mad,” she answered in a cool voice. “I’m just surprised. I called Nick today.” A smile appeared around her lips, “A real sweet heart…and sweet talker. He asked me out you know. So I’m going out with him tonight.”

Pools of tears filled in her green eyes, “YOU’RE LYING!”

“Nope, afraid not.” Within a moment a car horn beeped, “Well, that’s him. See ya around.”

Kimberly fell down onto her knees, “How could you….how could you do this to me, Laura?” Her voice was broken beyond repair, “I love him, don’t do this.”

“So don’t I.”

“You don’t even know him!” Snarled Ashley, “Once he finds out what a slut you are, he will retreat. You just wait and see.”

“Ooh, do I smell jealousy?” Laura then glared at Kimberly, “You had your fun, Kim. It’s my turn.” She then left, slamming the door behind her and jumped in the car with Ronny, “Hey, baby.” She kissed him sweetly. It was only in a matter of time until Nick and Kimberly’s relationship completely crumbled from this little fib she told. Soon enough, he would be hers.


“Kim, it’ll be okay,” Ashley’s soothing voice filled her ears. She dropped to the floor and embraced her weeping friend.

She shook her head, “No, it won’t….how could he…how could he do this? I thought…I thought he hated Laura?” Another batch of tears flowed down her cheeks, “I loved him so much…and he’s gonna fuck the roommate whom he claimed he hated. Maybe this was all part of the plan. I can’t believe I fell for his lies….” She hugged Ashley tightly as she trembled, “I want to hate him, I want to forget him.”

“Shh, shh. Kim, for all we know, Laura could have been lying.”

“She wasn’t. Nick only used me. He probably let AJ get to him or something.” She then got up, “I need…I need to be alone right now.” She rushed into her room and collapsed down onto her bed and sobbed. Everything he said was a lie, everything he did was a charade. She wished she never met Nick Carter then she wouldn’t be in such pain.

Ashley ran her hands aggressively through her hair. How was she supposed to help her best friend? She was there crying her eyes out and she could do nothing, but stand by, feeling nothing, but helpless. It were as if an angel had come to answer her prayers for there was a knock at the door. She opened it to see a handsome man standing there holding an envelope, “May I, may I help you?” She asked in a soft voice.

He smiled which made her heart skip a beat. Who was this guy? He had the dark hair and these beautiful green eyes, but what won her over, was his smile. It was so warm, “Uh, yeah. I have something for a girl named Kim. My friend wanted me to give it to her.”

“Who’s your friend?” She questioned suspiciously.

He shrugged, “Just some guy. I’m Ray by the way.”

“I’m Ashley.”

“I guess it’s true.”

She looked at him slightly confused, “What’s true?”

“Pretty girls have pretty friends.”

She laughed, “Uh, yeah thanks. Cheesy lines don’t work with me. I’ll give this to Kim when she’s not so upset.”

“Is she alright?” He wondered and actually had concern in his raspy voice.

She shook her head, “No, not really. Her ex boyfriend can go to Hell. Right now he’s out with her roommate. What a total scum bucket.”

“No he’s not.”

That quickly got Ashley’s attention, “Excuse me? What do you mean, no he’s not? How would you know?” She ordered.

“He kind of sent me over here to give that to Kim. He’s pretty torn up. Well, I’m gonna run, maybe I’ll see you around.”

“I doubt it. Thanks for coming by.” With that said, Ashley shut the door and walked into the bedroom what Kimberly was in, “Kim?”

“Please go away,” she said in her worn voice.

Ashley walked over towards the bed and sat down next to her, “You got something in the mail.”

“Just put it aside. I’ll read it later.”

“I think…I think you should read it now.”

Kimberly then sat up and groaned, “Why? I’m not really in the mood to read.”

“Please?”

She sighed and took the envelope and her heart jumped, “Oh My God. This is…this is from Nick!”

“How do you know?” Although she already knew it was from him, “Know his writing that well?” She teased.

“No,” she replied with a small curve around the lips. “Because he’s the only one that calls me Baby Angel and that’s who he addressed it to.” She took a deep breath and opened the letter, not sure if this would help the situation or would make it worse. She chewed on her bottom lip as she tore it open and began to read the long letter that was inside.

Baby Angel, I don’t even know where to start to tell you how terribly sorry I am. I really fucked things up, I know that and I am willing to do anything to fix us – to win you back! I was informed you went on a date tonight and all I can do is kick myself in the ass for letting you go. You’re always on my mind, I can’t think, I can’t sleep – I can’t do anything, not if you’re not by my side. And I am so sorry for what Angel did to you. That just wasn’t right and I reamed her out. Hearing the pain in your voice from that voice mail – it just killed me inside, Baby Angel. I don’t want you sad, I hate when you cry, except when I’m causing it from pleasure of course ;) Sorry, got off track. I just need you to know how much I love you and how much I need you. I don’t hate you, I could never hate you. I have never felt more alive before. You made me happy – so happy and without you it’s like a dark cloud is over me. I need your sunshine to wash away these clouds. I need to see you, I want to fix us – I want to be with you. And if that date did go well, that’s one lucky son of a bitch. I just hope he can treat you better than I could. I’ll never forgive myself for the way I’ve been acting. I was just so scared to call you, I wish I just did it because I might have lost you now. But if things didn’t go well with that date come and see me. Tomorrow if possible? I’ll be at my friend Ray’s place. It’s 485 Hollow Drive. I’ll be here all day and night….but if you don’t show I’ll know the answer and I swear I’ll leave you alone. It’s your choice. But if you decide not to, just remember how much I love you and how terribly sorry I am. Without you I’m nothing. I don’t want to try to pull the guilt trip, that’s not how I roll. I just want you happy so if you’re happy with whoever you’re with now…just stay away. But I still do love you….don’t forget.

Love, Nick


Kimberly was about to put the letter down, but she saw that there was more on the back so she flipped it and began to continue to read.

I was thinking about you and I wrote you this song – I guess you inspire me….

Oh, I had a lot to say
Was thinking on my time away
I missed you and things weren’t the same

‘Cause everything inside
It never comes out right
And when I see you cry
It makes me want to die

I’m sorry I’m bad
I’m sorry you’re blue
I’m sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can’t take it back
I love how you kiss
I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go ‘round
And I just wanted to say I’m sorry…

This time I think I’m the to blame
It’s harder to get through the days
You get older and blame turns to shame

‘Cause everything inside
It never comes out right
And when I see you cry
It makes me want to die

I’m sorry I’m bad
I’m sorry you’re blue
I’m sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can’t take it back
I love how you kiss
I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go ‘round
And I just wanted to say I’m sorry…

Every single day
I think about how we came all this way
The sleepless nights and the tears you cried
It’s never too late to make it right
Oh yeah – sorry

I’m sorry I’m bad
I’m sorry you’re blue
I’m sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can’t take it back
I love how you kiss
I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go ‘round
And I just wanted to say I’m sorry…



Tears overflowed her eyes and washed down her cheeks – he wrote her a song. She could feel her heart beating uncontrollably. She was longing for him so badly, she was longing to kiss him, to hold him – to love him. She looked up at Ashley, “He – he wrote me a song.”

“I told you he loves you, Kim. I think Laura was lying about the whole thing….even about the date. You need to get out of here!!!”

She nodded, “I agree….what she did to me was uncalled her.” Kimberly then looked at Ashley with serious eyes, “You’re coming with me tomorrow. I can’t do this alone.”

“Of course!” She hugged her, “I’m here for you through it all, Kim and I love you.”

She smiled, “I love you too. Thanks for being such an amazing friend. I’d be so lost without you.”

“This is what friends are for. You and Nick will work things out, he loves you and he wrote a song about how sorry he is.”

She wiped her eyes, “I really love him.”

“I know you do, Kim. And I truly believe he loves you too.”

Kimberly laid down on the bed and pressed the song to her chest, he was sorry. Those words were beyond beautiful, she could just imagine how beautiful they would sound if he sang them. Oh how she loved him and needed him and tomorrow she would – she wanted to fix things as badly as he did….and nothing was going to stop her. Not even Laura.
Chapter End Notes:
Lyrics of Sorry belong to the song "BuckCherry"