- Text Size +
~ Chapter 16 ~



Nick was laying on the couch in the living room, just thinking about Kimberly. How could she have gone on a date already? It had only been two weeks – did he hurt her so badly that she just wanted to try to try to forget about him and hook up with someone else? Did she just not caring anymore? These thoughts haunted his mind in and out constantly. Ever since Laura told him that she was out on a date; he could feel tears threaten his eyes. Just knowing she was with another man sent waves of jealousy rush all through his body.

He heard someone coming and sat up, seeing it was Ray, “Any word yet?”

“No, man. I'm sorry.”

He groaned and allowed the back of his head to smash into one of the white pillows, “I fucked up big time. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I need her back – ugh, I'm such a fucking moron!”

Ray sat down on the reclining chair next to him and just looked at his friend and sighed, “So I didn't tell you something last night....which I probably should have.”

Nick glanced over at his buddy and felt fear wash over him, “What?”

“So I was informed that she thought you were out with her roommate last night.”

Nick felt anger rush throughout him and he jumped up, “What?!? Why the hell would she even think that?!?” His voice loud.

Ray looked at him startled, “Uh....I don't know.”

“Well, did you clear it up that I wasn't out with that fucking bitch?!?”

“Wow, man. Don't like this chick that much? And of course I did. I told her friend that you weren't – hopefully she told your girl.”

Nick aggressively ran his hands through his hair, “I bet you that whore is behind this. Kim needs to get out of that place. That bitch is causing nothing but problems for us. I just pray to God she believed you....I would never do that. Kim should know that....man I hope she does....ugh, this is probably why she went out! Because she thinks I'm fucking around on her.”

Ray had never seen him so wound up about a girl before, “I'm sorry, man but don't kill the messenger.”

Nick groaned and collapsed back down onto the couch and through a hand over his face, “I just....I just want to fix things with Kim and her roommate isn't helping with her lies. I'm the reason we got into that fight in the first place...I just can't lose her because of this, you know?”

Ray looked at his watch, “Well, it's only ten in the morning, Nick. Give her time, it's still early.”

He sighed, “Yeah, maybe you're right.” But in the pit of his stomach, he had a horrible feeling things weren't going to go well. He was so scared of losing her completely. Why the hell did he have to wait so long to tell her how he felt? All this could have been avoided if he wasn't such a coward and just called her.


Kimberly woke up around eleven in the morning, she found Ashley in the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal. She pulled a chair out and sat down next to her, “What time did you get up?” She asked, with a yawn.

“Like ten minutes ago,” Ashley answered, as she took bite of her honey nut cheerios.

Moments later the door opened and in came Laura with her hair a mess and her dress all wrinkled. She stumbled into the kitchen and saw the two girls and grinned, “Well hi, girls.”

“How was your date?” Sneered Ashley, as she took another bite.

“Oh, it was amazing!!!! Nick is soooo sweet.” She then looked at Kimberly, “Girl, why didn't you tell me how good he was?”

She rolled her eyes and stood up, “Why are you doing this? Do you enjoy hurting me?”

“Of course not, sweetie. But you can't have all the fun,” she said, with a sinister smile.

Ashley then shoved the chair from the table and jumped up, “Laura, when are you going to give up on this little act of yours?”

Laura eyed her darkly, “What the hell are you talking about? I'm not acting about anything!”

“Oh no? Then tell me, where does Nick live?”

“Ashley,” whispered Kimberly. “Don't.”

“No, this needs to be said!” She then glared back at Laura, “We know you weren't with Nick last night, so just grow the fuck up!”

Laura glowered at Ashley, “I was with him last night, so why don't you just shut the fuck up?” That said, she stormed into her bedroom and slammed the door shut.

Ashley just laughed, “Wow, what a loser.”

“Why did you go and say all that, Ash?” Demanded Kimberly, “Who cares if she was with him or if she wasn't?”

“I care, Kim and you should too. She's just saying shit to upset you and I won't tolerate that. She's a fucking bitch and she needs to know that we know the truth so she can stop making up all these lies.”

Kimberly let out a sigh, “That'll never happen, Ash you know this. This is how Laura is.”

“Which is exactly why you need to get the hell outta here, Kim! How many times do we have to go through this?!?”

She groaned, “I know, I know. But listen, I'm gonna take a shower so I can get all ready to see him.”

“Okay. I'll take one after you.”

Kimberly then got up and walked upstairs into the bathroom to get ready. As she stepped into the shower and let the lucid water beat down on her skin, she felt her stomach doing flips. What was she going to say? Could they fix things between them? If they couldn't, she just didn't know how she was going to cope. Her hands massaged her sculpt as her hair was filling up with white thick bubbles from the strawberry shampoo. After the rest of her body was cleansed, she shut off the shower and stepped out; allowing the cold air to hit her skin, causing goospebumps.

She went into her bedroom with a towel wrapped around her body tightly; she decided to put on a white skirt that went right above her knee with a pink tank top that was lacy at the top, showing a small amount of cleavage. She threw her hair up in a messy bun; a few strands escaped, causing it to frame her face nicely. She glanced in the mirror quickly and saw the light shade of grey was still highly noticeable around her cheekbone, which went up to her eye. She quickly dug into her make up bag and pulled out the cover girl and did all she could to hide the bruise upon her face; she even tried to hide it with some blush. But it seemed everything she did, nothing worked. What was she going to tell him? She walked into a wall? That could work….it had to work! She finished up her make up by adding a light purple on her eye lids and some dark eyeliner to bring out her green eyes. She then grabbed her big pink sunglasses, that were far too large for her face, but it did the trick and hid the bruise. Maybe if she just kept these on for the whole time? It could work….

The door opened and she jumped, seeing Ashley. She was wearing light blue ripped jeans and a bit red T-shirt that was V-necked and showed off her lovely womanly curves. Her hair was down in spiral curls that went down to her back. Her chocolate eyes were drowned in purple eye shadow and black eye liner. Her lips a light shade of pink from the shinny lip gloss. Kimberly always envied her, for she was not only beautiful, but she could do make up wonderfully.

“Ready?” She asked.

Kimberly just nodded, “Yep. Let’s go.” She grabbed her purse and walked down the stairs and was about to walk out the door until a unwanted voice filled their ears.

“Where are you going?” Demanded Laura, in a stern tone.

“Out,” replied Kimberly without any emotion.

Laura raised an eyebrow, “Oh? Anywhere in particular?”

“None of your concern,” snapped Ashley. “Come on, Kim.”

Her eyes narrowed at the two girls, “I don’t appreciate your attitude towards me. This is my home that you’re in. So you better start treating me with some respect. Don’t you agree, Kim?”

Kimberly just shook her head at her, “I gotta go.” That said, her and Ashley left the apartment leaving Laura just standing there.

The two girls got in the car and Kimberly could feel her hands trembling as they tightly gripped the steering wheel. How could Laura possibly do this to her? Sure, she knew she was a bitch, but to do this? Lie to her to such a degree! Saying she was with Nick over night and claiming she had sex with him. She needed to get out of this apartment before she imploded or murdered her roommate. She was going to need to get out anyway, she had no job, but she knew there was no way she going to live back in Massachusetts. That was just out of the question – she would think of something…she just had to.

“Are you okay?” Ashley’s concerning voice interrupted her thoughts.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking about stuff.” She then looked at her best friend, “I need to get out of here.”

“Well, duh! I’ve only been saying this for how long?!?” Her voice teasing, but had a serious edge to it.

She sighed, “Well, let’s get out of here.” With that said, Kimberly put the key in the ignition and drove off. Forcing the tears to stay in her eyes. She hated Laura – hated her with such a passion.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Ashley asked after a few minutes of silence as they drove down the busy street.

She nodded and sniffed, “Yeah, I just can’t believe Laura that’s all. She was doing that to hurt me on purpose. But what if she really did sleep with Nick?”

“Oh, come on, Kim!” Her loud voice startled her, “You know how he feels about her, she’s gross first of all. So don’t go thinking all this shit, Nick loves you. I mean first he wrote a song about you!!! Secondly, he wrote that beautiful letter to you explaining how he feels. He loves you girl, either you think it or not…he does!”

A small smile formed around Kimberly’s mouth, “He does, doesn’t he?”

“Um….DUH!”

She laughed, “Ugh, sometimes I just get all this dumb shit in my head.”

“Yes, I know. But all that is going to change, especially after you talk to him.”

She smiled and nodded, “Yeah, maybe you’re right.”

“No maybes about it,” replied Ashley with a cocky smile.

After about fifteen minutes, Kimberly found the apartment and butterflies fluttered through her so madly she felt her stomach was going to explode. She took a deep breath and looked at Ashley, “Read-ready?”

“Yeah, I’m good. Question is, are you?”

A nervous laugh escaped her, “Um, not quite,” she honestly answered.

“Come on, bitch. Your man’s waiting for you,” said Ashley as she got out of the car.


Nick was laying on the couch with the TV on, but he wasn’t even watching it. His mind was elsewhere. Ray on the other hand was watching it intently. It was a baseball game and he was yelling at the screen; if Nick didn’t know any better he would have thought that Ray thought the TV was going to talk back to him. His heart jumped when he heard the doorbell ring.

“I’ll get it,” grumbled Ray, as his eyes peeled from the screen, but he saw that Nick was in no state of dealing with fans. Somehow a few fans heard where he was staying and there were knocks at the door left and right that day. He opened it and saw the two girls, “Oh hey! We’ve been waiting for you. Why don’t you two come in.”

Kimberly and Ashley both walked in and Kimberly caught a glimpse of Nick on the couch. He looked beyond horrible, his hair was shaggy and tangled, it looked as though he hadn’t brushed it in a while and he had scruffles on his face. And although he looked scrubbish, her heart still fluttered.

“Who is it?” Nick’s croaky voice called, “More fans?” His voice less than enthusiastic.

Ray couldn't hide the smile in his voice, “Not quite...our guests.”

Nick felt his heart go into his throat. Was she actually here?!? He didn't think she was going to show. He jumped off the couch and hurried into the dean, where the door of the outside met. His heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest. She was standing right there and looking more beautiful than ever, her skirt was short enough where he could see her lovely legs and her shirt showed off her lovely assets. He couldn’t see her eyes though, they were being hidden by those damn glasses. “He-hey,” he managed to say.

She had to swallow hard to get rid of the lump in her throat, “Hi,” she whispered, she felt her voice break. She wanted to just break down and cry, but she had to hold her ground. She wished she could just run into his arms and he would hold her and admit what an ass he was being....but she just couldn't do that.

He had to get her alone....they needed to talk. He needed to work things out with her, he missed her, he craved her, “Can I….can I talk to you?” Asked Nick, in a weak voice She nodded, “Great….uh, come with me.”

He went to take her hand, but she tightly crossed against her chest and walked forward. Nick didn’t have a good feeling about this, but they had to talk, it was killing him not to see her….not to hold her or kiss her. He then led her to a bedroom and opened the door and she walked in, sitting on the bed; dropping her hands to her lap and looked well almost uncomfortable. He sighed and shut the door behind him and sat down next to her, his hands were starting to sweat, he was so nervous, how was he supposed to start? I’m sorry for being such a fuck up boyfriend? But I can’t be without you? That sounded a bit psycho.

“It’s been a while,” she finally said, in a small voice. But that time he did catch onto the crack in her voice. Was she crying? Was that the reason why she was wearing those sunglasses?

Nick dipped his head, feeling more worse than before. He promised to never make her cry and here she was struggling to hold back her emotions. He was the biggest jackass known to man, “I know and that’s my fault.” He then looked up at her, wishing those glasses were off her face so he could read her eyes, “I’m really sorry I’ve been an ass.”

Kimberly had to clear her throat for she could feel it closing up, “You….really…hurt…me,” she managed to say through her small voice. The tears in her eyes were too much and overflowed down her cheeks. Her voice broke horribly; but she didn’t even bother hiding it anymore.

“I know,” his voice now sounded like it was in pain. “And I wish to God that I could take back that night….I wish I never lost my cool…but most importantly I wish I never lied to you. I love you so much, Kim. And I mean it when I say, I only lied because I was trying to protect you. I didn’t want you to get in the middle. I didn’t want you knowing how they were really like.”

She tried to keep her voice steady, “But they were only like that because you made them think I was trying to ruin your career or make you forgot about your responsibilities.”

He sighed, “Baby Angel.” It sent chills up her spine when he said that nickname, “I’ve been so unhappy for such a long time. And you make me happy – I couldn’t help it, I was happy with you. I am happy with you. When I’m with them, I just….I just want to explode. I blew them off because I wanted to see you…I had to see you. You calm me down, you make me sane again.” He looked directly at her, “I hate that we’re like this – I want to fix us. I need you with me…I don’t care what I have to do. I’ll prove to you….I’m the one that needs you. I mean, what could this new guy give you that I can't?” His eyes were now pleading and swelling with tears, causing his eyes to turn even more blue than before.

She looked at him with serious eyes and saw all the pain in his drowning blue eyes, “Nick, who ever said I was dating someone else? You’re the only man I’ve been with….I can’t stop thinking about you. So why would I be with someone else while I’m still in love with you?”

In love? She was still in love with him? She had no idea how much weight was lifted off of his shoulders, but then he began to turn angry. “Your roommate…Laura. She called me. I asked for you and she said you were out on a date.”

“Laura said what?!? Oh that fucking bitch!” She tried to suppress her rage, “You know, she told me that you were out with her last night and that you…well got really close.”

“WHAT THE HELL!!!” He yelled, “I did no such thing. Baby, you are the only woman I want, the only one I love. And I swear to God, I’d never do that to you, I’d never hurt you like that.”

Kimberly tightly wrapped her arms around him, “I love you so much,” she said in a small weep.

Nick’s arms embraced her tightly, he just wanted to feel her in his arms, he just wanted to keep her there. This is where she belonged. He then pulled away a bit and kissed her lips gently. He wanted to see her eyes, he longed to see them, he went to take off her glasses, but she pulled away. He looked at her confused, “What’s wrong?”

She shook her head, “Noth-nothing. My eyes just hurt.” Kimberly moved to the edge of the bed, what was she going to do? She was acting far too fidgety and she blew her own cover.

Nick looked at her suspicious and he moved closer to her, “Kim?”

“What?” She asked in a raspy voice, her head was now to the floor.

He knew something was wrong, why wouldn't she allow him to see her eyes? Now he had to see, “Take off your glasses,” he ordered.

“Why?”

Why did she need to question that? It was ridiculous...what happened when they were apart? “You’re hiding something. Just show me….are you hurt?”

She moved away from him and laid down on the bed, feeling the tears rolling down her face, “I’ve been hurt for two weeks now.”

That hit him hard....why was she doing this? “You know how sorry I am,” his voice was pained. “I hate myself for doing that to you, I’m sorry for everything. You know I love you.”

“And how do I know that?” She asked, as her voice broke and small sobs escaped her.

He felt rejection overwhelm him. Was this her way of saying she didn’t want to be with him? He couldn’t take that as an answer. He knew he hurt her, but he was going to do whatever it took to win her back, to show her how much he truly did love her. She was everything to him, she had have known that. That stupid bitch, Laura was trying to fuck things up between them and he was worried that it just might be working. Nick crawled over towards her and rolled her over so that she was laying on her back and he was hovering over her. He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers, “I love you so much, Baby Angel. I would do anything to take back everything I’ve done….I wish I was honest with you,” he whispered. “But please don’t shut me out. I need you with me, so don’t turn me away.”

She sat up an inch, and used her elbows to hold herself up and shook her head, “I’d never turn you away. I love you so much and I need you with me.” That being said, she cupped his face with her hands and pulled him down on top of her and pressed her lips against his. Her tongue slowly slipped inside his mouth and his hands slowly slid down her body. She let out a small moan over his lips as his hands glided over her hips. She closed her eyes and his mouth moved with hers and she could feel herself getting lost in their kiss. Nick’s hands then crept to the upper part of her body and his fingers glided over her neck and up to her face. He slowly pulled her glasses off, he could feel her body tension but she allowed it. He was going to find out sooner or later anyway. She looked up at him once the glasses were freed from her face and she was hoping he wouldn’t notice the bruise upon her face. She needed to distract him, so she just wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down on top of her and connected her lips with his.

As her lips crashed against his, she felt no response – no nothing, “Baby, what’s wrong?” She asked, trying her best to play stupid. Maybe the bruise was hidden enough, maybe he didn’t see it….what if something else was bothering him?

He pulled away from her and sat on the bed and just stared at her with a hard look, “So this is why you wanted to keep those fucking glasses on?”

She swallowed hard, he was mad…really mad. She had to think of something and quick, so she sat up and looked at him with confused eyes, “What are you talking about? My eyes hurt.”

“Don’t lie to me, Kim!” He snapped, “Who hit you?!?”

There was no way around it, she had to tell him and so she let out a loud sigh, “It’s nothing, really. You’re making this into something it’s not.”

“Then why did you hide it from me?” He growled.

“Because I knew you’d flip out!”

“Well, I’m sorry I love you and give a fuck what happens to you! Maybe I am just a bad boyfriend!” He then got up and walked away to the other side of the room and opened the sliding glass door and stepped out onto the porch.

Kimberly groaned and ran her hands through her hair and dropped her head. Why can’t she just tell him the truth? She wanted to fix things with him and if she didn’t tell him she knew that would never happen. She sighed and stood up and slowly walked towards the sliding glass door that was on the opposite side of the room. She walked out on the porch and looked up at Nick, he was staring out into the blue sky, he didn’t even glance at her. She knew he was livid. He was probably more upset that she didn’t tell him or that she lied….but he lied too! But then the tiny voice in her head reminded her two wrongs don’t make a right. “Ugh, damn you conscience,” she mumbled.

Nick looked at her, “What?”

She bit on her bottom lip and walked closer towards him, “Nothing, just talking to myself.” The sharp wind smacked her right across the face and caused the loose strands to blow in her eyes.

Nick stared at her for a few moments before pushing the tangled lock of hair behind her ear. His eyes were locked with hers and with the back of his hand he caressed the grey area around her cheekbone, “Please tell me,” he pleaded.

“Greg,” she said above a whisper.

His blue eyes turned dark, “He what?!? After I gave him that threat he goes and hits my girlfriend anyway?!? Oh, I’m gonna fucking kill him!”

Hearing him say she was his girlfriend made her shiver. She knew then that they getting back together was a big possibility, “He knew we weren’t together…so he took advantage of that. But don’t worry, I quit.”

“Don’t worry? How the hell can you tell me not to worry?!? I’m not gonna let him get away with that.”

“Baby, please.” She hugged him, “Just don’t.”

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on top of the head, “I love you, Kim and you need to know I’d never do anything to hurt you.”

“I know, you wouldn’t.” She looked up at him, “Laura lied, she made us both think bad things. I know you’d never do that to me.”

“And I swear, I’m never going to keep anything from you again. I love you so much, Kim.”

“I love you too,” she murmured. Kimberly then stood up on her tippy toes and pressed her lips onto his, “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” he muttered. “Come on, let’s go inside.”

She nodded and followed his lead back inside the bedroom. She laid down on the bed and turned on the flat screen TV on the wall from the remote on the side of the bed. Nick then laid down next to her and she snuggled into him and rested her head on his chest and his arms secured around her.

Kimberly turned her head and looked up at Nick and he was watching some beer commercial on the TV, “So does this mean we’re okay now?”

He looked down at her and his eyes turned serious, “Only if you want us to be.”

“You know I do.”

A small smile formed around his lips, “Then it looks like we’re good.” He bent down and pressed his lips onto hers again, “Because God knows that I never want to be apart from you that long ever again.”

“Ditto. It was Hell.”

He nodded, “Worse than Hell. You were all I could think about. You haunted my mind, I just wish it didn’t take me so long to get the balls to say something.”

“I was scared too,” she admitted. “I thought you hated me….especially after Angel.”

He shook his head in disbelief, “I still can’t believe she did that. Ugh, it pisses me off to know she’d do something like that to someone she knows I’m in love with.”

As much as it hurt her, she knew that Angel was only doing what she thought was best her brother, “She was only looking out for you.”

Nick looked at her in stun; not believing that she was actually defending a girl who insulted her in such a way, “I don’t care, Baby Angel. She hurt you and had no right to butt her nose in my business.”

“Would you do the same for her?”

He wanted to say no, but he knew that would be a lie. He already broke Collin’s nose because he cheated on her, Nick didn’t tell her until after it happened. He groaned, “I guess.”

She smirked, “See, told you.” He then pushed her off of him and crawled on top of her and she laughed, “What do you think you’re doing, mister?”

He grinned, “I think it’s time to talk less about my sister and more about us.”

Kimberly could feel her stomach fill with butterflies, “Oh?” She felt a smile stretch out across her lips, “And what would you like to talk about?”

His teeth flashed as he smiled wide, “I never thought you would ask.” His lips then met with the side of her neck and he made a trail of kisses up to her ear, “I was thinking” he whispered in a hoarse voice. “That make up sex would be awesome right about now.”

She giggled, “Oh yeah?”

“Oh yeah. What do you say, Baby Angel?”

“Do you even realize how much I’ve missed you?” She asked, “I’ve missed everything.”

“Well then…” he pealed the shirt off from her body and tossed it onto the floor, “Let me give you what you need.”

She softly laughed, “I need you, so no holding out on me.”

He smirked, “Oh, I promise to give you everything you need….starting with my tongue.” That said, he unsnapped her bra and his hands caressed her breasts; tweaking at her nipples until they were pointed out. His tongue then dragged down her stomach and went lower and lower.....


“So I think it’s safe to say they made up,” teased Ray.

Ashley laughed, “Um yeah….ew turn up the TV please.”

He laughed at her and turned the television up, “So how long have you two been friends?”

“God…” Ashley laughed, “For a while. How about you and Nick?”

He shrugged, “Eh….maybe three years now. My little sister met his sister Leslie at one of is shows and they became fast friends. I met Nick through her and we been friends since. He’s a good guy.”

“Yeah, he seems it….he makes Kim happy. Until that stupid misunderstanding, but that was all because of her lame ass roommate.”

“I don’t hear good things about this girl.”

“She’s just no good.”

“Yeah, I kind of gathered that.” He stared at her for a few moments, “So....do you have a boyfriend or anything?”

Ashley let out a nervous laugh, was this guy actually flirting with her? She knew she was attractive, but still she hadn't had many guys...especially from California come onto her. “Nope. I'm as single as they come.”

He looked at her a little stunned, “Well, that's pretty hard to believe. I hope this isn't too blunt, but you're hot!”

She laughed and could feel her face flush, “Well, thank you....you're not bad looking yourself,” she said, with a small smirk.


Nick could feel his heartbeat go back down to it's normal rate, as he was running his fingers through Kimberly's hair. She had fallen asleep, her head was back on his chest and her could feel her softly breathing. He was so grateful things between them were finally good. He looked up at the ceiling and could feel anger rush through him....she had a bruise on her face from that fucker. He just couldn't sit around and do nothing about it. He was going to make that guy beyond sorry....he thought he was kidding with that little threat of his? Well, Greg was going to see what happens when you fuck with Nick Carter's girlfriend. He softly kissed her on her forehead and slowly crawled off the bed, laying her head down gently on one of the pillows. He threw on his clothes and left the bedroom, his hair was a bit ruffled, not really caring what he looked like. But he jumped when he saw Ashley and Ray on the couch, “Dude! Didn’t see you there.”

“I would have thought that you would have been passed out by now,” grinned Ray.

He laughed, “Nah. I can take a lot.”

Ashley laughed, “Lovely.”

Nick then chuckled, “Anyway, she’s sleeping right now, but I have somewhere to be. I’ll be back in a few. If Kim wakes up, tell her I had to talk to Angel.”

His voice sounded a bit dubious, “Is that where you’re really going?” Wondered Ashley with curious eyes.

He knew that she didn't believe him, and he couldn't allow her to tell Kimberly, “That’s what you need to tell her, okay?”

It didn’t take her long to realize where he was going. Her and Ray heard them arguing and she knew that once he found out about Greg he was going to do something about it. Not that she blamed him…in fact she praised him! “Okay, you went to talk to Angel.”

He smiled, “Thanks.” Nick then left the apartment and headed towards his true destination.

“What was all that about?” Wondered Ray.

Ashley looked at him, “Don’t say anything, but…Kim has a bruise from her boss and I get the feeling Nick went to do something about that.”

His eyes grew wide, “Oh shit….”


Greg was walking towards his car in the parking lot. Finally his shift was over, he was supposed to leave nearly an hour ago, but since Kimberly left things haven’t been getting finished on time. He needed to hire someone and quick or he was going to keep on having long days. He didn’t know how much longer he was going to be able to take.

A black car swerved into the parking lot with such a speed he actually thought the vehicle was going to hit him. Once he saw whom got out of the car, his heart beat against his chest and he hurried to his car, but once Nick saw him running, he charged at him and slammed him against the car door.

“What did I tell you?!?” He snarled, “IF YOU EVER TOUCHED HER AGAIN, I WOULD BREAK YOUR LEGS!”

Greg could feel his breathing increase and sweat forming along his forehead, “I never did anything to her!”

Nick grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him and then slammed him back into the car, “Oh no? Then tell me how she got that fucking bruise on her face!!!”

He swallowed hard, “How the fuck should I know?!? Now if you don’t let me go now I’m going to call the cops for harassment!” Greg tried to sound threatening, but his voice trembled.

“Oh, I’m going to give you a good excuse to call the cops.” Nick’s fist then connected to his face.

Greg retaliated and got him right in the jaw, that gave him enough time to start running. As he ran, he pulled out his cell-phone and dialed 9-1-1. Nick just laughed at his stupidty and went after him again.

“9-1-1 what's your emergency?”

“I'M BEING ATTACKED!!!” He screeched into the phone.

Nick grabbed the phone from him and closed it shut and tossed the guy to the ground, “Don't you know how to be a man? What? No girls around for you to hit?” He then kicked him in the stomach, “Didn't think I would be back, did ya?” That time he kicked Greg in the face, and blood began to ooze out of his mouth, “It looks like you thought wrong, you piece of shit!” He kicked a few more times before grabbing him and pulling him up to his feet, “When I get through with you, you're gonna need a fucking feeding tube!!!”

“I'm....I'm sorry!” Cried Greg, “I'll never touch her again.”

Nick laughed, “Oh, you got that right!”

Suddenly they heard sirens, Nick felt his heart go into his throat. That operator probably tracked their location. He was screwed.


Angel had just fallen asleep and her phone began to ring, she groaned, “Are you fucking kidding me?!?”

“Who is it?” Mumbled Benny, as he threw an arm over his face.

“I don’t know, it’s an unknown number.” She picked up her phone, “Hello?”

“Angel, it’s me.”

“Nick?!? What the Hell are you calling me this late for? It’s nearly one in the morning.”

“Usually this is early for you.”

“Not when I need to work in the morning. Now what do you want?” She growled.

“I need your help,” he told her.

“With what? Can’t this wait?!?”

“No, not really….” He paused, “I need you to bail me out of jail.”

“JAIL?!? What the fuck are you in there for?” She raged.

“It’s a long story…so can you get me or what?”

She sighed, “Yeah, I’ll be right there.”

“Thanks, sis…I owe you one.”

“Yeah, a big one!” She then hung up the phone and ran her hands through her tangled hair.

“What the hell was that about?” Demanded Benny.

“Don’t know, but I'm gonna make his ass tell me when I bail him.” She quickly kissed her boyfriend before grabbing her car keys and jetting out of the apartment.