- Text Size +
~ Chapter 17 ~



Kimberly had woken up and saw that Nick was gone. She was hoping everything was just some dream and that she and him actually had worked things out. God knows she knew she would never be able to dream love making like that. The way their bodies grinded together and how his hot breath was against her earlobe as he whispered the most erotic words to her. A smile soon formed around her lips as she realized her surroundings and she smiled widely, holding the pillow close that Nick used. She closed her eyes and just envisioned the previous hours making love to him. She could feel her stomach fill with butterflies as she replayed him saying he loved her over and over again. She loved him too, loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before. She then sat up and stretched, curious to where her lover went off to. She sat up and quickly put on her clothes and walked out of the bedroom, seeing Ashley and Ray watching the TV....cuddling! Ray had his arm around her and her head was on his shoulder.

Kimberly raised her eyebrow at the couple, “Well, well what do we have here?” She asked, with teasing in her voice.

Ashley looked up at her friend and laughed, “Nothing like you did.”

Kimberly snickered, “Well, I would hope not.” She then sat down on the red chair that was next to the brown couch, “So where's Nick? In the bathroom or something?”

“Miss him already?” Laughed Ray.

A smile formed around her lips, “Maybe. So where is he?”

“Angel called and needed him or something like that,” answered Ashley. “He didn't want to wake you.”

She sighed, “I wish he would have.” She then pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around her knees, “I'm so glad we're okay now. I missed him so much.”

“I'm glad too,” agreed Ashley with a smile. “It's so nice to see you smiling again.”

“Me three,” added Ray. “That guy has been a complete wreck without you.”

Hearing that made Kimberly smile even more, “Really?”

“Oh yeah!”

She grinned, “Good.” She then studied the couple and saw that Ray's arm was still wrapped around Ashley, “So what's up with you two? Making out while Nick and I were getting naughty?”

“Would that be so bad if we were?” She questioned with a smirk.

“Nope, I’d be happy if you did actually! Girl, you need to get some,” said Kimberly, with a laugh.

She laughed, “No, I'm fine thanks. You should know I don't just jump in the sac like that. What do I look like? Laura?”

Kimberly laughed, “Defiantly not!”

“So this Laura gal isn’t that popular, is she?”

“Not in the least. She's a complete bitch,” informed Ashley.

“Nick told me a little about her.” Ray then shook his head in shame, “Sorry that she tried doing all that shit to you, Kim.”

She shrugged, “It's fine. I'm over it, as soon as I find another job I'm gonna get another apartment.”

“Forget that!” Disagreed Ashley, “Just move in with me! California is so calling for you.”

She sighed, “I know it is, but how can you expect me to move there if I don't even have a job? I can't live off of you for free and it’s so expensive there.”

“You'll find a job, I'll just help you get on your feet.”

Kimberly looked at her thoughtful for a moment, “I'll have to think about it.” She then felt her stomach growl, “Well, I'm hungry. Ray, do you have anything to eat?”

“I have a few frozen pizzas in the freezer.”

“That'll work.” She then got up and headed towards the kitchen, “Ash, you hungry too?”

“Kinda actually.” Ashley then jumped up and jogged into the kitchen and helped her friend with the frozen pizza, “Mmm, I haven't had pizza in forever!”

“I know, me either.” Kimberly preheated the oven to 350 and waited for the timer to go off and looked at her best friend, “I wish you didn't have to go back home in a few days.”

She sighed, “Yeah, I know. I wish I didn't have to go either. I hate leaving....especially leaving you with her.”

“Well, soon enough I'll have a new job and can start saving.”

Ashley groaned at her, “Come on, Kim. What did I just say? I'll help you get on your feet. Don't go worrying about a stupid job. I really want you to think about it, okay?”

Kimberly hated the idea of just jumping in an apartment with Ashley when she barely had any money to her name. But she also hated being so unhappy....the only time she actually was happy was when she was with Nick and she knew she couldn’t be a damper on him either. She sighed and nodded, “Okay, I'll think about it,” she promised.

A thought then came into Ashley's mind and she bit her lower lip, “What if you didn't move in with me? And you moved in with Nick instead? You know I wouldn't be upset, right?”

Kimberly's green eyes expanded. Could she read minds?!? She didn’t want to move in with him either, she wanted to be independent or try to be, “Move in with Nick?!?” She laughed, “Seriously?”

“Yeah, why not?”

She shook her head, “I don't think we're serious enough yet.”

“Oh no?” Ashley raised her thin dark brown eyebrow, “You guys are in love, can't be apart and are fucking. What else is there? Face it, you two are as serious as they get!”

Kimberly frantically shook her head, “I don't know, Ash....I don't want to rush into anything too deep with him. I want to take things a little slow.”

“Slow?” She laughed, “Slow isn't in your nature....or his I might add.”

“I thought you wanted me to move in with you? You want to get rid of me now?” She joked and was willing to do anything to get off the subject of her and Nick moving in.

“No! Come on, you know that's not it...I just want you happy and this guy makes you really happy.”

Kimberly couldn’t stay annoyed with Ashley, because all she wanted was for her to be happy. “Anything away from Laura will make me happy,” she admitted.

“No kidding, I could have told you that one. When are you gonna call her out?”

“I'm not.”

Anger burned in Ashley's eyes, “And why the fuck not?!? If you won't, I will, Kim!”

“Because I'm done with all that drama. She thrives off of it and I won't be the one to give her, her fix.”

She couldn’t protest because she knew that Kimberly was right. The one thing Laura loved more than making Kimberly feel bad was a good drama fight. “So what are you going to do about it then?”

She shook her head, “Nothing. I’m done with her and as soon as I get back to my place I’m gonna job hunt. She’s nothing to me anymore.”

“I’m glad you’re finally seeing the light…sucks that it took almost losing Nick though.” Ashley then heard the oven buzz and slid the pizza inside the hot slot to cook.

She sighed, “Yeah, me too. But I tend to learn things the hard way.”

“That’s for sure,” she mumbled.


“So are you going to tell me what happened or not?!?” Snarled Angel, as she slammed the driver door shut.

Nick just looked at her, “It’s a long story.”

“You told me that on the phone! I demand a good explanation, Nick. Are you trying to compete with Aaron, how many times you can get locked up?!?”

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Cool it, will ya?!?”

“I just busted your ass out of jail, the least you can do is give me a reason why I had to!” She growled.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair and flinched. He saw his knuckles were badly beaten, and bleeding. He looked back at his fuming sister and groaned, “Fine, I kicked someone’s ass, happy?”

“Why the hell would you go start fights, Nick? I mean, how old are you? God, you are just like Aaron…you need to grow the fuck up!” With that said, she sped out of the parking lot, “I mean, waking me up and everything – I thought it was something serious. You never get in trouble like this…you were never into the drugs.” Her brown eyes then filled with horror and she glanced at him, “My God, you’re not doing that, are you?!?”

“Chill out, Angel. No.”

“Well, I’m just trying to figure out why I had to get my ass out of bed at the dead of the night to save you!”

“Kim’s boss hit her! I mean really hit her, Angel! She was wearing sunglasses so I wouldn’t see the bruise that fucker caused.” Nick could feel the anger build up inside of him as he remembered how she acted – hiding it from him like she committed a crime of some sort. “I couldn’t just let him get away with that. I already told him once before if he ever laid a hand on her then I’d – ”

Angel’s eyes had turned soft and full with concern, “Wait, he’s done it to her before?!?”

He shook his head, “No, but he’s grabbed her once while I was waiting for her. He’s such a prick. I just…I just had to do something, Ang. You know?”

The car stopped at a red light and she stared at her brother with warming eyes. She reached over and hugged him, giving him a kiss on the cheek, “I’m glad you did it,” she whispered before pulling away. “No girl should be allowed to get hit.” The light turned green and she stepped on the gas, “I’m really sorry for doing what I did to her earlier. I feel horrible. I’m happy you two are okay….I was a little worried.”

“Thanks, sis. That actually means something coming from you.” He then coughed out a small laugh, “I was worried too.” Nick looked at his sister with meaningful eyes, “I really love her, Angel.”

She smiled at him, “I know you do.”

After about half an hour, Angel pulled up into Ray’s driveway and shut off the car. He looked at her brother for a few moments, “What are you gonna tell Kim when you see her?”

“I told her friend Ashley to tell her I had to see you…so hopefully she did.”

Angel chewed on her bottom lip, “Well, you kind of have a cut on her lip and your eye is kinda bruised.”

Nick pulled down the visor and looked in the mirror attached to it, a light lit up and he saw the markings on his face. He groaned, “Shit. I don’t know, I’ll think of something.” He closed it and opened the car door, “Well, come on.”

“Is she here?” Wondered Angel, as she closed the car door.

“Yeah.”

“Hmm, I better start with an apology then.”

“Uh, yeah. I think you should.”

Angel took a deep breath before walking in front of Nick and slowly opening the door. She looked back at him and her urged her to go in, she let out a loud sigh and took a step inside and he soon followed.


Kimberly heard the door open and she rushed into the living room; the pizza was pretty much gone. Her, Ashley and Ray were in the kitchen just talking about Kimberly’s future and what she should do about Laura. Ray thought it would be a good idea to move in with her real friend, but still she had doubts. Not doubts of living with Ashley, but having no money. She didn’t want to be living off of Ashley, she wanted at least an income before she made such a decision.

“Looks like Nicky’s home,” teased Ray, once he saw Kimberly book it.

Ashley giggled, “Mmmhmm, I think he is.” She then left the kitchen and found herself face to face with the brunette girl that she had met before at the mall. Her eyes got dark as she stared down at the small girl, “What are you doing here?” She hissed.

“I came here to apology to Kim,” Angel kindly said, as she turned to Kimberly, whom was staring at her in disbelief, “I’m really sorry for the way I’ve acted. I’m just really protective of my brother.” She then shrugged, “He’s all I have – but he really loves you and I can see you love him too. So I’m really sorry.”

Kimberly knew Angel only acted the goodness of her heart to protect Nick. She would have done the same thing, she nodded, “It’s okay, I forgive you.”

Ashley crossed her arms, her guard was still up. She then saw Nick and her eyes grew wide. His knuckles weren’t in great shape and he had a good bruise on his face and cut on his lip, “Ex-excuse me for a second.” She walked over towards Nick, “Come with me,” she ordered. He didn’t protest and she dragged him into the kitchen, “What the hell happened to you?!? Kim is gonna flip her lid when she sees you!”

Ray was sipping a Budweiser, “Damn, man. I knew you were gonna kick the shit outta the guy, but he wasn’t supposed to win.”

Nick sat down on the chair at the table and glared at him, then looked back at Ashley, “I met up with that fucker that touched Kim and I think I might have….lost my cool.”

She laughed, “You think?!?”

He shrugged, “Couldn’t help it. I’m not gonna stand around and let some jerk smack her around.” Nick then saw that Ashley was going through her purse, digging for something, “What are you doing?”

“Looking for some cover up for you,” she answered, as she continued to search through the black hole she called a purse.

Suddenly Nick jumped up, knocking the chair over, “There is no way in hell you are putting any of that shit on my face!”

Kimberly came in the kitchen, “What’s going on?” She demanded, “What happened?” She then got a good look of Nick’s face, “What….what happened to you? Oh My God! Are you okay?!?” She rushed to his side and put her hands to his face, trying her best not to hurt him, “Who did this to you?!?”

“Come on,” whispered Ashley to Ray. “Let’s leave them alone to talk.”

He nodded, and they both left the kitchen to leave Kimberly and Nick some privacy.

“Ashley told me you had to see Angel or something? I see she’s fine, so what happened Nick? Please don’t lie to me.”

Her green eyes were pleading and he knew he couldn’t lie to her, and who knows maybe she’d actually be happy to know what he did. He sighed, “I love you so much, Baby Angel,” he told her, as he rubbed her arms. “And when I saw what that jerk did to you….I just – I just couldn’t help myself.”

Kimberly looked up at him angry and she pulled herself away from him, “You beat up my ex boss?!?”

Nope, she wasn’t happy in the slightest, “Well, what did you expect me to do?!? I couldn’t just stand around and do nothing.”

“You had Ashley lie to me? God Nick, I can’t believe you.”

“Why are you so mad?”

“Because what if you got arrested or something? Do you know what it can do to your image? I mean its bad enough you aren’t even with the band anymore….don’t you care at all what this can do your reputation?!?”

Nick half smiled, “Baby Angel, I have been through much worse with my rep. I mean the world thought I was a woman beating bastard because of Paris Hilton. When the world finds out that I beat up a guy because he hit my girl…I don’t think they’d be as angry. Plus, I don’t care what they think – I don’t care what anyone thinks, but you.” Nick then pulled her into his arms, “You’re the only one that matters to me anymore, you’re the only one that’s important to me. I don’t even care about my reputation anymore – I don’t care about this life. If I have to bag groceries for the rest of my life so be it, but if I’m with you, I’ll be just as happy.” His lips softly brushed against hers, “I love you so much, Kim.”

She could feel her eyes stinging and she embraced him tightly, nuzzling her face into his chest, “Nick, God.”

He laughed, “What?”

“Why is it that you’re so perfect?”

His hand ran up and down her back, “I wouldn’t say I’m perfect, but I do think you’re the big reason why you make me the way I am.” He took her face and pulled it close to his and their lips connected once more and his tongue slowly snaked inside.

Once they pulled away and smiled widely at him, “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Kicking his ass.”

He laughed, “I’d do it all over again if I had to. I’d never let anyone hurt you.”

Kimberly felt butterflies filling up inside of her, “You’re the only guy that can make me feel like jell-O.”

Nick snickered, “Jell-O, huh?”

“Mmmhmm.”

He grinned, “What if I make you feel like Jell-O right now in the bedroom?”

She giggled, “Nick.”

“Ew, ew, ew!” Gagged Angel, “I so just walked in here at the wrong time!”

Kimberly laughed, “Um, yeah I’d say you did.”

Nick looked up at her annoyed, “Did you need something?”

“Just gonna tell you, I’m gonna hit the road…so you two can do whatever you want. Have fun with that jell-O of yours.”

Kimberly started to laugh, “Wow…Angel.” She laughed again and then stared at her and smiled, “Thanks for stopping by.”

She smiled back, “I’m glad I came by too.” She walked over and hugged her, “Again, I’m sorry for acting like a complete bitch.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m over it. You’re a good sister.”

Nick smiled at the two, loving that his sister and girlfriend were getting along. He walked over to his sister and hugged her, “So thanks for…well you know.”

She laughed, “I know, I know. I’m just amazing like that.” She then pulled away, “Well, see you guys later.”

Kimberly smiled, “Bye, see you around.”

Angel then left.

“So what do you wanna do, Baby Angel?”

She glanced at the clock, “Well it is almost three in the morning. Wanna lay down and watch some TV?”

He smiled, “Yeah.”

They both walked out into the living room, “Anyone wanna have a movie night?!?” Asked Kimberly, as she claimed the couch.

“Movie night?!?” Repeated Ashley, “Guys, it’s almost three in the morning! Don’t you ever sleep?”

“I did sleep,” she said, with a smug look.

“Only because Nick put you to sleep,” chuckled Ray.

“Hey, whatever works,” laughed Kimberly.

Nick sat down next to his girlfriend and she crawled into him and he wrap his arms around her, “So you guys down or what?”

“I’m tired,” admitted Ashley. She then looked at Ray, “So how are the sleeping arrangements gonna go?”

“I’m fine here,” said Kimberly. She looked up at Nick, “How about you?”

“I’m comfortable. Why don’t you two sleep in the bed?”

Ashley’s eyes got large, “Uh…I don’t know.” She then looked at Ray, “Nothing against you….I just…I don’t think I’d feel totally comfortable. I mean…” she trailed off.

He laughed, “No worries. What if we sleep with our clothes on? I promise not to try anything on ya.”

“And if you do,” warned Kimberly, with a teasing voice. “I can kick where it hurts – just a friendly reminder.”

Nick laughed, “Damn, baby.”

Ashley laughed, “Okay, well let’s head to bed I guess. See you two in the morning.”

“Goodnight!” Called Nick, “And play safe, Ray – if you want to keep your balls.”

“Shut up,” he groaned.

He snickered and then looked back at Kimberly, “So what do you wanna watch?”

She shrugged, “I don’t care, you choose.”

Nick grabbed the remote and flicked through the channels and saw Aliens was on, “Ooh! Good one.”

“This is actually a good movie.”

“Hell yeah it is!”

Kimberly moved down and rested her head on his lap and his fingers began to caress her sculpt, “Mmm, that feels good,” she softly moaned.

“I love you,” he said in a hoarse voice.

“Love you more.”

He shook his head, “More lies.”

She looked up at him and sat up, seeing the playful grin around his lips, “Oh really? So what do I have to do to prove my love is pure?”

He grinned, “I can think of a few things.”

She laughed, “You’re such a perv.”

“What?!? How?”

She then grinned and crawled on top of him and straddled him and wrapped her arms around his neck, “You know I love you. I’m so glad we’re okay.”

He grabbed her by the hips and laid her down on the couch, “Me too, Baby Angel,” he said, as he hovered over her. His lips then met her mouth, “I missed you like you wouldn’t believe.” His lips then went to her earlobe down to her neck, and his hands locked with hers above her head. His lips then were to her jawline and soon met back to her mouth once more, sliding his tongue inside – meeting with hers.

“This is not good,” she moaned. “This is making me want you again.”

“And why is that so bad?” He asked, as a small curve formed around his lips.

“Ugh, Nick – you’re so not making this easy to resist you.”

He grinned, “Now why would you want to do a thing like that?” He questioned, with a raised eyebrow.

She shook her head, “Don’t know how to take no for an answerer, do you?”

“Do you want me to be good?” He asked, with a somewhat serious tone.

“Yes and no.”

He laughed and pulled away, sitting up and grabbed Kimberly and pulled her into him, “Tomorrow is always a new day – we’ll have more fun when people aren’t in the next room.”

She laughed, “Sounds like a plan.” She snuggled into him, “Love you, Carter.”

He kissed her on the top of her head, “Love you too, Baby Angel.”

“Are you okay…with being good for right now?”

He smiled, “Baby, I’m fine. I guess being apart from you for that amount of time was killing me.” He then snickered, “You make me sound like a sex addict. I just love being with you…and yeah, I am a man and crave you – but I can resist. I’m just happy to have you in my arms.”

She smiled, “Okay, good.” She sat up a bit just enough to where she could reach his lips, and then laid into him again. They both then forced themselves to watch the movie...although other thoughts were running through both of their minds and during the movie, their hands did wonder...a lot.