- Text Size +
~ Chapter 2 ~




Nick Carter was staring at his reflection in the mirror in the men’s restroom. His hands tightly gripping the white rim of the sink, he dropped his head as he thought about how badly he wanted to be anywhere, but here. He could feel himself becoming more and more agitated. Lately he just was getting sick and tired of the same old routine, he needed a break. He told Kevin that he felt like shit and didn’t think he was gonna make it to the signing that they had scheduled, Kevin gave him Hell for even considering bailing. He started lecturing Nick; scolding him, telling him if he wasn’t all out partying last night, then he wouldn’t be hanging. He wasn’t hanging, Hell, he barely went out last night. Sure, he had a few beers with his friends, but that was nothing, nothing compared to what he could have done. Kevin had been on his ass for weeks now and it was really getting underneath his skin. Nick let out a loud sigh and turned on the foist and splashed the cool water on his face. He leaned his head back and ran his hand through his hair, causing it to stick up a bit from the liquid on his hands. He had been feeling empty lately, he felt nothing, but depressed and it was starting to affect his work. He knew he shouldn’t let something like that interfere with his job…it was ever since he had broken up with Cindy. Sure, he was over her, he knew he was, but when he saw the way Brian had Leighanne and Kevin had Kristin – it made him almost envious. Sure, he loved his occasional one nighters, but lately it just seemed that wasn’t enough anymore. He dropped his head again, glancing up into the mirror, not even fully recognizing the man staring back at him. What was the matter with him? Usually he never felt so alone, not like this. He and his band mates were slowly drifting apart; he didn’t know how much longer he was going to be able to put up with this charade.

The door opened, he glanced over, seeing Brian Littrell walk in. He silently groaned, knowing Kevin sent him to seek him out, “There you are,” said his friend.

“Yeah, what? Can’t a guy take a leak without being followed?” His tone was harsher than necessary, Brian didn’t do anything. It was Kevin he was pissed at.

Brian’s blue eyes grew wide, “What’s up your ass?”

He shrugged, “I told Kev I wasn’t up to this today.”

“You know how the fans get when we’re not all there. So what’s eating you? You’ve been moody all month.”

Nick shook his head, “I’m just getting tired of this, that’s all.” He then sighed loudly, “Well, I guess we better get this over with. Can’t leave the fans waiting.”

“This time, be nice,” he warned.

He shot Brian a hard look, “What are you talking about? When am I not?!?”

“Come on, man. Last time you weren’t exactly cheery.”

“Forgive me for not being perfect,” he spat and left the bathroom, causing the swinging door to fly open with such a force.

Brian groaned, knowing tonight was going to be a bad one….again. Whatever was wrong with Nick, he had better get off it real quick; Kevin was already flipping his lid when he asked him to check on him. Things in the band were becoming more and more strained and it was starting to worry him.


Kimberly went through her clothes and couldn’t find anything that attractive, nothing compared to Laura’s anyway. She put on some light blue jeans; which had a small hole in the knee, she shrugged she didn’t mind. She grabbed a red V-neck BabyPhat shirt that did show a small amount of cleavage, along with some black sandals that showed her light pink painted toe nails, which matched her finger nails. Kimberly just pulled her hair up into a messy bun, feeling strands falling down her face that escaped the hold of the black scrunchie. She looked in the mirror, making sure the escape strands weren’t too horrendous, but she saw that they framed her face quite nicely as a matter of fact; curling around her cheek. She shrugged and decided to go with this look, she liked it….it was more her. Unlike Laura, she put everything you could possibly think of into her hair, hair spray, moose, jell even; just to get that natural look. Everything about it was unnatural! She watched as Laura walked in wearing a black jean mini skirt showing off her slim long legs. Kimberly was sure if she bent down, her whole ass would be exposed, but she forgot, that was the main idea. Laura liked to show off her body to the maximum. She had on a white tube top, which was far too tight, for her D cup breasts were obviously getting squashed in that small thing, causing them to pop up, exposing a lot more cleavage than needed. Her dark hair was left down; the tips curled slightly making herself look like Princess Jasmine almost. Kimberly could feel envy wash over her as she looked back at her reflection; she looked like a flake in front of Laura. Each time she was around her, she was always invisible, almost like everyone was so memorized about her beauty they forgot about the average looking girls.

Laura looked Kimberly over and then back into her face, she could see perfectly the smile she was faking, “You look cute.”

She shrugged, “Just threw something on. I didn’t really get much time to get ready.”

She glanced over at the clock, “We have time still, want me to help you with more make up?”

Kimberly wasn’t wearing anything nearly as noticeable as Laura; she was wearing a little cover girl and some light purple eye shadow with some soft pink lip gloss. She shook her head, “Nah, I’m good. I don’t like wearing a lot, you know that,” she reminded.

“Yeah, I know….maybe we should change that,” she said, with a smile.

“I’m fine, really,” she tried to say as nice as possible. “Come on, let’s get going so we can get you something to wear for that party. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave.”

Laura shot Kimberly a hard look, “And what exactly do you have to do that is so important that we need to rush? You never do anything, but lounge around, Kim. I think it’s time we break that shell. Come to the party with me.” Her smile then widened, “Then you’ll have some real fun, if you get what I’m saying?” She softly laughed.

Kimberly silently moaned, she already knew where her roommate was getting at. Sure, a few months ago she probably would be all up for the idea. She hadn’t had sex in God knows how long, but after her last encounter, she wanted to be more than just a good lay. She wanted to be appreciated for once, “Eh, I don’t think your kind of parties, are my kind of thing.”

Laura’s chocolate brown eyes narrowed, “Fine, whatever. Let’s just go then, okay?!?” Her voice was hard, she was obviously offended and that was the last thing Kimberly ever intended on doing.

She groaned, “Lau – ”

“Just save it, Kim!” She snapped, “I’m sooo sorry my friends aren’t cool enough for you. Let’s just get out of here so we can hurry back here to whatever it is that you want to do.” With that said, Laura stomped out of there, slamming the heavy door behind her. Kimberly groaned, this was not going to be a good trip. She should have just told her roommate that she wasn’t going to go. She let out a loud sigh and dragged her feet to the car, wishing for some miracle that this day could be done and over with already.


The mall was surprisingly packed that day, which wasn’t exactly normal. It was a weekday, although it was late. It was nearly hitting eight at night. There were more teenagers than anything. There must have been a lot of good deals, Kimberly didn’t see how though, wasn’t like there was a holiday coming and there wasn’t one that just recently passed.

“What the hell?!?” Complained Laura, “What is up with all these people? It’s like they knew I was coming or something. Now all the good clothes are going to be gone.”

“Well…let’s just look and see what’s left.” Kimberly probably knew that she was right though, with this amount of people they would be lucky to have anything left on the selves.

She jumped as she heard a few girls squealing, “Oh My God!” Said the fifteen year old girl, “Did you see how he looked at me? I’m in love, I am going to marry AJ McLean if that’s the last thing I’m gonna do.”

“Ew!” Screeched her friend, “Are you kidding me?!? Brian Littrell is where it’s at. He looked so cute; he was making the cutest faces at me. He wants me.”

A third girl laughed a loud laugh, “Are you two on drugs? Nick Carter wins this war, he was HOTTT!!! Now he’s where it’s at.”

The first girl looked at her like she had something revolting smeared across her freckled face, “Yeah, if you like the douche bag thing. He was such a jerk!”

“Um yeah he was,” agreed the second girl. “He wasn’t even smiling, such an asshole. Brian was smiling so much it looked like his face was going to hurt,” she said, with a laugh.

They then walked off so Kimberly couldn’t listen anymore. So the Backstreet Boys were here in the mall? That would explain the craziness. She could feel a twinge of disappointment run through her as she overheard the girls, saying what a creep Nick Carter was. She shrugged it off, he was a celebrity and most of them were jerks. He probably let the fame get to his head, such a shame, because he really did seem like a nice guy. She only liked it for the music anyway. At least she knew the truth on how he really was, that would cause her to contain herself and not bouncing around like a little teenie bopper. A twinge of embarrassment rushed over her, just thinking about her stupid outburst she would probably have caused. Laura would just pretend she didn’t even know who she was.

There was a loud screeching sound and Kimberly thought her ear drum was going to blow. She saw that it was well…Laura! She was spazing out and jumping up and down, “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!” She kept on repeating, “They’re here!! The Backstreet Boys!!! This is awesomeeee!!!” She was still freaking out, jumping up and down like her panties were on fire or something. Kimberly had never seen that side of her…ever. She almost couldn’t believe that was her! Was Laura for real? Or was she just mimicking those girls that passed them? Nope, she was defiantly for real.

“Since when did you like the Backstreet Boys?” Kimberly finally asked, once she stopped jumping around like she won the lottery.

Laura eyed her shocked almost, “Are you kidding me? Kim, do you not know me at all? I loveeeee the Backstreet Boys. Nick Carter is my soul mate.” Kimberly laughed, thinking she was obviously joking, but shut up as soon as another death stare was shot in her direction, “This is so perfect. I can finally meet him, Kim!” She quickly pulled out a small mirror from her purse and fixed up her hair, “Once he gets a good look at me, there will be no turning back. For crying out loud, I’m a model. There’s no way in Hell he’d ever turn me down,” she said, with a wide grin. “And I look hot tonight too! This day has been completely perfect.”

Kimberly couldn’t disagree more, today has been nothing, but perfect. Yeah, once Nick Carter saw Laura there was no doubt in her mind that he wouldn’t turn her down. I mean why would he? Look at her! She was perfect…too perfect. They were obviously meant for each other….both cold hearted. At least that’s what Kimberly heard about him, she’s never met him, so she could be wrong. But why would those fans say he was a jerk if it weren’t true? He didn’t spend enough time with them? He didn’t smile? He didn’t give them his number? She knew she shouldn’t judge by something she overheard.

“So how do you plan on meeting him?” Questioned Kimberly, whom was now curious, “They’re probably doing a signing at the music store….its most likely sold out.”

Laura stared at her for a long moment, “What’s with you and being so negative today? Man, it’s no wonder I don’t like hanging out with you,” she mumbled more to herself, but Kimberly heard that loud and clear. Laura could see the harsh words cause pain, for in her green eyes, they began to swell, but Laura choose to ignore it and turned the other way. “The music store is this way,” she said, as she quickly moved past Kimberly and headed down the mall. She just shook her head and followed, could today get any worse? She wiped the tear that threatened to roll down her cheek. No she wouldn’t cry, she knew Laura probably didn’t mean to sound so mean….or at least she tried to convince herself. She knew Laura and her didn’t see eye to eye anymore….Hell, they barely could even stand each other. A move was defiant in her near future, unless she wanted to continue to be treated like some plague.

Kimberly met up with Laura at the music store called FYE and glanced inside, and saw a ton of girls. There must had been at least fifty of them in there and the store wasn’t exactly that large, there looked to be a lot of shoving. Security was rather tight, she didn’t know how Laura expected to get in. She glanced in and saw the boys, they were all signing their newest album which was released they all looked pleased to be there and greeted the fans, except one. Nick. He looked rather miserable in there to be completely honest, it looked like he rather be anywhere except here. He didn’t seem to be all that jerky, not like how those girls described it, he smiled faintly to the fans, it looked as though he was actually trying. She gave him credit for trying, “poor guy,” she softly said.

“Huh?” Said Laura, “What did you say?”

She shook her head, “Nothing.”

Nick turned his head away from the screeching fans and towards the door, where Kimberly and Laura were at. His blue eyes looked bored, suddenly they perked up a bit and a smile appeared across his mouth that caused Kimberly’s heart to jump. He may have been a jerk, but God knows he was gorgeous. His hair blonde hair was slightly in his eyes, it was longish, almost shaggy it went up to his ears, but it looked great on him. He was wearing a white outfit. White jeans and a white long sleeved shirt, white was defiantly his color….anything was his color.

“Oh My God!” Gasped Laura, “Look, look how he’s smiling at me!” She waved her hand franticly and smiling so wide it must have hurt her cheek bones, “This is going to be so easy.”

Another rush of disappointment overcame Kimberly and all she could think of was, of course he would be looking at her, why on Earth would he be looking at me? She had to be logical about that, she was nothing compared to Laura….nothing. He softly laughed at Laura and then back to the fan in front of him. Laura hadn’t even exchanged words with him, but yet she had already won him over. How did she do that? Once again, Kimberly could feel herself become envious of her roommate.

A security guard walked over to the two girls, “I’m sorry ladies,” kindly said the large bald man. “But the record store is too full, I’m afraid you can’t come in. Again, I’m sorry. Maybe you can see the boys outside before they leave.” He was doing his very best not to upset them, he was very kind. It was obvious he hated to be the one to bring the bad news, but what did they expect? Most of those girls that were inside the store had been waiting almost five hours.

“Aw,” complained Laura. “Are you sure that there is nothing I can do to change your mind?”

Kimberly’s eyes blew up, “Laura!!!” She cried in outrage. She knew that she wanted to meet the Backstreet Boys, but willing to do that? What was the matter with her?

He looked at her sternly and pushed the dark haired girl off of him, “I recommend you leave, before I am forced to kick you out of the mall completely.”

Kimberly shook her head in disbelief that her roommate would even consider sleeping with such an older man. He looked like he was at least in his 40’s. She glanced back up at the boys and Nick was staring at her, suddenly her stomach felt like it was doing cartwheels. He smiled at her, and his hand even gave a little wave. Although that caused other girls to look at her and she could feel eyes darting at her, but he couldn’t have possibly been staring at her. She glanced behind her; sure there must have been someone else he was looking at. She then turned back in his direction and caught him make a small chuckle. Maybe he was making fun of her because she was being idiotic that she could even think that someone like him would even consider eyeing her. He would sign a few more autographs and still his eyes were back on her and he looked….much happier than before. She decided to do it…she decided to take the leap and she smiled back in his direction, feeling a little embarrassed especially since she knew he couldn’t have been meaning her all this time.

“Ugh, come on, Kim!” Snapped Laura, as she grabbed her roughly by the arm.

She watched as Nick’s face turned a bit disappointed once she walked away and suddenly there was a smile plastered on her face. Was there a chance that he was actually smiling because of her? Or maybe it was Laura; he probably was staring at Laura the whole time and making fun of Kimberly for even considering it was her he was referring to. Maybe he was saddened that Laura left? Sadness began to get the best of her. He was a jerk anyway, wasn’t he?

“What happened?” She finally asked, once she yanked her arm out of Laura’s grasp.

“That douche bag won’t let us in! I mean, who does he think he is?!?”

Kimberly let out a soft laugh, “Um how about security?”

Once again her dark eyes darted her, “You’re not helping, Kim!”

“Sorry. Anyway, didn’t you come here to shop? Let’s get you some clothes!” She said, in a enthusiastic voice, trying to get Laura's mind off the boys.

She raised her thin dark eyebrow at her and shrugged, “I guess we might as well. Come on.”


So they shopped, Kimberly did her best to show an interest as Laura would come out with skimpy clothes. She tried her best not to cringe at her sight, it wasn’t that they looked bad, not at all; it was that they looked far too good on her. Kimberly knew she could never pull anything like that off and it made her a little depressed. Why did Laura have to be so perfect? Hell, even Nick Carter wanted her!

Suddenly Kimberly heard an ear popping squeal, “LAURA!!!”

Laura looked over and saw her best friend, Sandy with a few other people, “SANDY!” Laura shoved past Kimberly to grab hold of her red headed friend into a tight hug, “What are you doing here?” She demanded, as she pulled free from the hug.

Sandy shrugged, “Just shopping to kill time.” She then glanced over in Kimberly’s direction and then back to Laura. She moved closer to her friend and whispered, “You’re not really here with her, are you?”

Laura just shrugged, “I needed someone to go shopping with.”

“Well, why didn’t you call me?”

“I guess I thought you were gonna be doing something else?” Laura really didn’t know why she just didn’t call Sandy; it would have made sense and a lot smarter. Shopping with Kimberly had been complete torture, she wasn’t any fun and she was so negative. She didn’t realize how opposite she really was from her until they moved in together….and she has been regretting it since day one. If it wasn’t for that damn lease she would have moved out a long time ago.

“Why, hello ladies,” said a man’s voice.

“Ronny!!!” Screeched Laura. She gripped him tightly in her arms, “I thought you were having a party tonight? Why are you here?”

“I am having a party,” he said, with a grin. “But Sandy wanted to go to the mall for God knows why.” He turned to the red head, “Why are we here again?”

“To shop, duh.”

Kimberly studied this Ronny character. So this was the famous guy Laura was crazy about? She didn’t see why, he was nothing special. Laura was gorgeous, she could get any man and she wanted this one?!? He had wavy shoulder length curly hair; sure his blue eyes were hypnotizing, but Kimberly didn’t think it would be enough to want to actually be with him. And yeah, he had a good build, his baby blue, skin tight T-Shirt framed his chest and abs rather nicely, but to be completely honest the guy looked like a jerk. Far too into himself and he wasn’t even that great to look at. At least she didn’t think so.

“While we’re here why don’t we just eat?” Suggested Sandy, “Plus I’m starving,” she said, putting her hand over her flat stomach, which was being covered by a pink tank top.

“Yeah, I could eat,” said Laura. She then looked at Kimberly, “Are you hungry?”

“When isn’t she?” Mumbled Sandy, causing Ronny to laugh and even Laura to giggle.

She could feel her eyes stinging. This was why she hated hanging out with Laura’s friends; because she wasn’t stick thin she got harassed about her weight. Yeah, sure she was no size six, but she was somewhat content on her weight….most of the time. At least she was when she wasn’t around Laura all the time. Kimberly shook her head, “No, I’m not.”

“Seriously?” Laura raised her eye brow, “You just came home from work, did you eat there?”

“Yeah, I had a sandwich,” she lied. She was actually starving, but she wasn’t going to eat, at least not in front of them.

Laura shrugged, “Okay, more for us. Let’s head to the food court.”

Kimberly allowed the three of them to go ahead of her and she slowly made her way to the table. They all sat at the same table, Kimberly tried to ignore their conversation. They were talking about Laura’s modeling and how it was going for her, in other words, Laura was bragging about it. Not like she didn’t hear enough of it back home. She let out a soft sigh, wishing this day would end already! Maybe she could just take a cab or something, let Laura have the car. Her stomach began to growl violently, she hadn’t put food in it since last night, but she refused to eat. She would eat later on, when no one was around.

“Hey, I’ll be right back,” she finally said. “I’m gonna go to the bathroom.”

No one even bothered to look up; they were still in their own conversation. Ronny’s eyes flickered at her for a mere second then back to Laura. She didn’t even know why she bothered. She forgot she was invisible when Laura was around. She got up and left for the restroom, as soon as she walked into the stall, she felt sick. She didn’t even have to go, she sat down on the toilet and ran her fingers through her hair, she hated this. Depression was hitting her hard; it was always like this, especially when those friends of hers were around. It’s like why did she even bother? She stood up, and walked out and over to the sink and looked her reflection in the mirror, she didn’t look bad…at least she didn’t think so. She thought she looked well kind of pretty almost. If she did, then why was everyone avoiding her like the black plague or something? Was the mirror lying? Was she actually ugly? She turned on the foist and wet her hands and to the back of her neck, she rubbed feeling the cool liquid evaporating in her skin. After staring herself in the mirror for what it seemed hours she decided it was time to go back. She would just tell them she wasn’t feeling well and maybe her friends could give Laura a ride home; after all she was going to that Ronny guy’s party.

As she headed back to the food court she passed the music store, quickly glancing inside and to her surprise the Backstreet Boys were still there. There was about ten or fifteen more girls in there. She couldn’t help herself as she skimmed over to Nick, still he looked amazing, but he still looked bored out of his mind. Of course Laura wasn’t there to entertain him. She let out a loud huff. It must be great to be her. She felt her heart skip a beat as they made eye contact again and the smile on his face suddenly reappeared. She gave a small wave before heading away back to them. As she began to approach them she heard laughing and then Sandy’s voice had changed. Kimberly’s green eyes grew wide with horror, as she overheard them.

“God, who wears jeans with holes in them? I mean, this isn’t the 90’s anymore. What a loser, how could you even allow yourself to be seen with her?”

Laura shrugged, “She isn’t so bad,” she lightly defended her. She then laughed, “Yeah, but her jeans were pretty horrible. I wanted to help her out today and make her look somewhat decent, but she didn’t want to me.” She shrugged, “Her loss I guess.”

“Her big loss,” replied Ronny with a laugh.

She couldn’t control it anymore, she felt the wetness hit her cheeks and before she knew it the tears just poured out. She turned the other way. They were making fun of her….even Laura! She pressed a hand onto her face, trying to muffle the sobs, she wiped her eyes franticly, she hated crying and she hated doing it in public. She wasn’t watching where she was going, for her head was down, she just didn’t want anyone to see her like this.

“Are you okay?” Asked a very tall man, whom she had bummed into.

She looked up at him, he was huge! He was probably almost seven feet maybe and he had dark skin and a bald head, “I’m-I’m sorry,” she sniffled. “I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

“It’s okay,” he said, with a kind smile. “Is everything alright though? You look…sad.”

She shook her head, “I’m fine….just overhearing things I wish I didn’t, that’s all.”

“Oh.” He nodded, “I understand, well don’t let anyone bring you down.”

To Kimberly’s horror, she was talking to him right in front of the music store. She then realized he was one of the Backstreet Boys body guards. She was afraid to look, she didn’t want to look, but she had to make sure he didn’t see. She glanced over and yep, he was staring right at her, but this time he wasn’t smiling. His eyes were full with nothing, but concern, it was sweet really. She could feel her face turning more red and she quickly turned away from him. Could this day really get any better?!?

“Well, if you excuse me…” Kimberly then darted into the bathroom, not giving another glance, for embarrassment swept over her. Tears still drained from her eyes, how could Laura laugh at her like that? How could she let those people make fun of her?!? She knew that her and Laura weren’t exactly the best of friends anymore, but she thought she would at least have the decency to defend her. She could finally see her so-call friend clearly for the first time, they weren’t friends at all anymore, were they? How could they? If she would just stand by and allow those people to insult her like that. She glanced back up into the mirror and could see how red and puffy her eyes looked. She grabbed a paper towel and wiped the tears away. She took a deep breath; she knew she couldn’t hide from them forever. She threw away the towel and left the bathroom, ready to face those horrid people.

“Excuse me, Miss?” Said a voice.

Kimberly had quickly walked down the corridor, just wanting to get away from there, not wanting to see Nick quietly laughing at her for being such a baby. She turned around and found the same tall, dark man jogging towards her; she eyed him questionably, “Yes?”

She saw him pull out some sort of black card out that was attached to some sort of red clothe strap, “How would you like to go in there and meet the boys?” He asked, gesturing this thumb towards the music store.

Her green eyes which were tinted pink grew wide from shock, “Are you, are you serious?!?”

He laughed, “Yeah! I’m sure that would make you feel a million times better,” he said, with a smirk.

Kimberly peeked over and saw the blonde was smiling, but wasn’t looking at her, he was looking down. But no one was standing in front of him, the fan that was up was talking to Howie, but Nick’s smile was wide, he then glanced over and gave another heart melting smile. How could this guy possibly be a jerk? He was friendly to everyone it seemed, even to her…which was beyond surprising. “I thought that other guy said that there was no more room or something?” She said, looking back up at the tall, dark man.

He laughed, “He doesn’t have the connections that I have.” Another curve formed around his large lips, “So what do you say? I don’t like seeing a pretty girl cry…and from the way you keep on looking at Nick over there, I can tell you’re a fan. What fan wouldn’t want to meet him, right?”

Was she really making it that obvious that she kept on staring at him? She could feel embarrassment make its way up to her face, until she felt her cheeks burning, “I guess, I guess I am a fan.”

He grinned, “Thought so.”

He handed her the black card and she looked at it. It had three fat white letters that said VIP and underneath it said Backstreet Boys. Was this really happening? Stuff like this never happens to her. Was it some sort of trick? No, it wouldn’t be. It was so tempting to just go in there, to finally meet the boys that had helped her through everything….especially lately. Then an unwanted name popped into her head, “Laura,” she whispered.

“What was that?” Questioned the large man, he had heard her. “Who’s Laura?”

Kimberly let out a small groan, “She’s my roommate….I came here with her today.” It was obvious by the sound of her voice that she wasn’t that pleased, “I can’t go in there without her. She’d kill me,” she said, with a small laugh.

It wasn’t that hard to see that it was pretty clear Laura was the one she had overheard. He just stared at her with his dark chocolate eyes, “Are you sure? She doesn’t have to know,” he added, with a crooked smile.

Kimberly laughed, “No, I really can’t.” She then looked up at him, “Can I get her, please? If she can’t go…then sadly I can’t either.”

She heard him let out a huff, “Well…I gotta hand it to ya, you’re a good friend.” She gave a small smile, “Okay, so here’s what I’m gonna do…I’m going to let you bring your friend…even though something tells me she doesn’t deserve it.” Funny how he already knew Laura when they barely even mentioned her. He pulled out another black card and handed it to Kimberly, “Only her, no one else, okay?”

She nodded, “Thank you so much.”

He smiled, “It was my pleasure. By the way, my name’s Mike.”

She smiled back, “I’m Kim.”

“Okay….well hurry up.” He looked at his watch, “The boys are going to be leaving shortly.”

Her smile grew wide, “I will…again, thank you so much!” She then jetted out of there.

Mike turned his head towards the music store and winked at his friend. The things he did for his buddies. Crushing over girls and making him do all the work. He should get paid more for this.