- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sooo sorry on my lack of updates, guys! I hope to get back on track now :)
Hey guys, i'm so sorry it took me soooo long to update!

Chapter 20


Nick was on top of Kimberly on the couch kissing her with so much passion. He could hear her softly moan over his mouth as his teeth gently tugged onto her lower lip. He could feel his pants become tight. Oh, how he wanted to ravish her. Why the hell were her clothes still on?!? His hands were roaming her upper part of her body, gently gripping her covered breasts. He wanted to just rip that fucking shirt off and feel her nipples harden under his control. “I don’t think you realize what you do to me,” he hoarsely breathed over her lips.

She looked at him with lustful green eyes and grinned, “Why don’t you show me then?” Her voice nothing but seductive.

He grinned, “Mmm, with pleasure.”

They then heard the front door open and Kimberly’s eyes shot open. She panicked and accidently shoved Nick onto the floor; causing him to make a loud thud. She looked at him apologetic and lipped sorry. She knew that Laura had come home and there was no time for her to get him out of there before she spotted him. Shit, what was she going to do? Laura was going to have an outburst once she saw her there with Nick Carter. The man she claimed was her soul mate. She was screwed.

He stood up and saw how freaked out she was. He put his hands on her shoulders, “Relax,” he told her, as his thumbs rubbed her arms. “She has to find out sooner or later.”

She nodded, “I-I know…” but her words weren’t that convincing. She was terrified.

Nick sat down on the couch and took her wrist and pulled her down next to him. He pressed his lips onto her hand, “It’ll be fine. Nothing she can do or say is gonna change my mind about you. She’s going to see firsthand that you’re the one that I want.”

She took a deep breath, “Yeah…”

“Kim? Are you home?” Her roommate called.

She didn’t want to answer, maybe if she didn’t reply she would just walk past them and then they could make their escape. She glanced up at Nick and could see that he really wanted her to let Laura know that they were an official item. She breathed and answered, “Yea-yeah.”

Laura walked in the living room with Ronny by her side. When she saw that Nick Carter was in her living room with Kimberly her eyes turned bleak. Her mouth dropped a bit and she had forgotten how to speak. Her thin, dark eyebrows lowered as she stared at the couple. Weren’t they supposed to be broken up?!? How the hell was she supposed to win him over if he was still seeing her?

“Well, what do we have here?” Asked Ronny as he saw Kimberly sitting next to a man; having no idea who Nick Carter was.

Nick could see that Kimberly was still a bit of panic from her roommate’s reactions. He then stood up and walked over towards the people and held out his hand, “Hey, what’s up. My name’s Nick.”

Ronny looked beyond surprised, “Well shit.” He then glanced over at Kimberly, “Looks like someone decided to finally deal with ya, huh? About time.”

Nick’s eyes glared at him, “What?” His voice turned hard and not as welcoming as a few seconds before.

Laura saw perfectly the sharp way he was giving her boyfriend the death stare. She loved the way Nick’s blue eyes turned icy and a dark blue; it made her heart flutter, but then she had to snap into reality. He was acting that way because of her roommate! How was that even possible?

“Sorry dude,” said Ronny, once he saw the hostile look in his eyes. “I didn’t mean anything by it, it’s just Kim doesn’t seem to get out much…and from what I’ve heard, she doesn’t date…ever.”

Nick then shot Laura a hard look that made her want to go and hide, “Well, you’ve been provided with the wrong information. Kim and I have been dating a while now.” He glanced over at her, whom was still on the couch, trying to figure out if this was just some bad dream. “Baby Angel, why don’t you come over here?”

Baby Angel? He gave her a nickname too?!? Laura could feel hatred for her roommate flaring up inside of her.

Kimberly could feel anxiety fill up inside of her and she stood up from the couch. Her legs feeling like they weighed a ton. She walked over to the three of them and half smiled, “Hi.”

Nick wrapped his arm around her waist and Laura’s eyes were glued to his hand like a hawk as his fingers rubbed the side of her skin that was exposed. Kimberly could feel her eyes darting at her like she was some sort of parasite and she wanted nothing more than to get away from her knife like stares.

“So what are you two up to?” Asked Ronny; he seemed friendly towards Nick. He had no idea that Laura was infatuated with this man, he had no idea that she was scheming of ways to get him alone with her so that she could woo him. He had no idea...

Kimberly shrugged, “We were just hanging out. Ashley just left. We weren’t expecting you guys.”

“Yes we know,” growled Laura. “I wasn’t expecting you to be here either.”

She swallowed, really hating how she was feeling. She almost felt…well afraid, “Well…I do live here too,” she timidly said.

“Well, I haven’t seen you in nearly a week.”

“I’m to blame for that,” said Nick, with a smug smile. He leaned over and kissed his girlfriend on the temple and Laura’s eyes burned with envy, “We were over my friend’s place for a while.”

“Well,” said Ronny. “We were gonna have a movie night. Since you guys are already here, wanna join us?”

Kimberly couldn’t believe how nice and welcoming Ronny was being. Was he even the same person that she met in the past? “Uh, yeah,” she said. She looked at Nick, “Wanna?”

He smiled, “Yeah, sure.”

Nick walked over towards the recliner chair that was diagonal from the couch. Kimberly walked over towards him and he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on his lap. Laura glared at the couple with hateful eyes and sat down on the couch with her arms and legs crossed. Kimberly couldn’t ignore the evil stares. “She’s going to kill me in my sleep,” she whispered in Nick’s ear.

He looked over and saw the sharp glares and he just shook his head in annoyance. He then looked back at his girlfriend and kissed her softly on the lips, “Don’t worry,” he whispered back. “She’ll learn to accept us sooner or later.”

She gave out a soft laugh, “Don’t count on that.”

Ronny threw in a DVD and sat next to Laura on the couch with his arm around her shoulder. He grabbed the remote and hit play.

“What movie is this?” She asked, finally releasing Kimberly from her glower.

“Fifty First Dates,” he answered. “Remember you told me you haven’t seen it yet.”

“You haven’t seen this?” Said Nick in a bit of surprise.

She looked at him and smiled, “Nope. It looks good though.”

“It’s really good.” He then looked at Kimberly, “You’ve seen it, right, Baby Angel?”

She nodded, “Yeah, it’s a good movie. I like Adam Sandler.”

“So how’d you guys meet?” Questioned Ronny, as the previews played, “Laura never told me that you were dating anyone, Kim.”

“Well there was that one guy Dave,” she said in a cold tone, glaring at her roommate.

“I kinda of asked her to keep us in the dark for a little bit,” replied Nick, as he returned the glare, which caused Laura to turn away.

“Why?” Laughed Ronny, “Embarrassed to be seen with her?” He then laughed again.

Kimberly felt Nick tense as he stared at Ronny with hard eyes, “No,” he hissed, through his teeth.

“I would be,” mumbled Laura.

Kimberly rolled her eyes at her roommate’s comment.

“I just wasn’t ready for the public to know just yet that’s all.”

“Public?” Questioned Ronny.

“That’s Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys,” Laura informed him.

Ronny’s eyes grew wide, “Really? Isn’t that the guy that was begging you for his number?” He then glared at the blonde man, “Couldn’t have Laura so you took her roommate?”

“Wait, what?!?” Demanded Nick, “First off she was all over me.” Laura could feel her heart race and Ronny stared at her and could see that Nick wasn’t lying, “I actually threw her number out when she gave to me,” he added, as glared at Laura.

Kimberly looked up at Nick in complete stun how he was calling her out and humiliating her. She was surprised. Laura’s brown eyes were filled with hurt, “Wow,” she mumbled.

Ronny took a deep breath, “Well….I guess that’s the past.” He stared at Laura for a few seconds, he was angry with her that she lied, but it was over a month ago.

She saw his glares and it made her feel uncomfortable. She shrunk down a bit, not believing that Nick ratted her out like that. “I’m sorry,” she mumbled. She then looked at her boyfriend, “I liked him…but trust me, I don’t anymore,” she said with a sharp edge to it as he eyes darted towards the blonde man.

Nick didn’t seem at all effected by her hard stare and was paying more attention to the girl on his lap. She would watch as his lips would occasionally go to her neck and how his fingers would wrap around hers. That should be her on his lap, not Kimberly!

“So what do you think of the movie so far?” Whispered Ronny, as he leaned against his girlfriend, after the first half hour of the movie. Her eyes were on the TV, but her mind was elsewhere.

She looked up at him, “Huh?”

He grinned, “Like it that much?”

Laura faked a smile, “Yes, it’s really good. Adam is a good actor.”

“I love Drew Barrymore,” said Kimberly, with a smile. “Someone once said I looked like her,” she added, with a giggle.

Laura contained rolling her eyes. “Who said that?”

She shrugged, “Just a customer at my old job.”

Nick shook his head, “I hate to break it to ya baby, but you don’t.”

Laura shook her head, “No, defiantly not.”

Nick shot her a hard glare as he heard the hostile in her voice once again. He then looked down at his girlfriend, “Drew has nothing on you. You’re hotter I think.”

Kimberly snickered, “Yeah, right.”

“Oh, please,” mumbled Laura.

Ronny looked at his girlfriend, “Are you okay? You seem uptight today.”

She looked back at him and faked a smile, “I’m fine. Just not feeling all that hot.”

Kimberly looked away from her roommate and to Nick. He brushed the loose strands of hair behind her ear and pulled her back into him. She still felt uneasy being around him with Laura being right there. She knew that she wanted to kill her; she was just waiting for the right opportunity…with no witnesses. Kimberly then stood up, “I’m gonna get a drink.” She turned to Nick, “Want anything?”

He grinned, “I do in fact.”

She laughed, “Something drinkable.” His grin grew wider, “Oh My God, Nick!” She gently smacked him on the shoulder.

He laughed, “Sorry but hey, you asked!”

“Budwiser?” She asked, with a curve to her lips.

Nick smiled and nodded, “That sounds good too…but I still rather the first option.”

Laura rolled her eyes, hating how affectionate he was towards her. She should be in Kimberly’s place; she should be the one getting told that Nick wanted to eat her in front of everyone…not her. What the hell did he even see in that girl in the first place? She wasn’t even that pretty. What could she possibly offer Nick that Laura couldn’t? She decided it was time to have a heart to heart chat with her roommate, “I’m thirsty too,” she said, standing up. She looked at Ronny, “Want anything?” She was hoping he would be just as seductive as Nick.

He shook his head, “No thanks, babe. I’m good.”

She silently groaned, “Okay then.” She then walked into the kitchen.

Kimberly sighed and looked at Nick. He took her hand and kissed the top of it, “It’ll be fine,” he whispered.

“If I’m not back in ten minutes, call the police.”

He softly chuckled, “I’ll send a search party.”

Kimberly then left for the kitchen. He thought she was kidding? Laura probably was waiting in there with a kitchen knife or something. She knew how pissed off she was, after all she thought that her and Nick broke up.

When she walked into the kitchen, she found Laura leaning against the counter with her arms folded tightly across her chest. Her face was stiff, “So I guess you guys go back together.”

“That’s what it looks like,” she softly answered, not looking at her. She went into the refrigerator and pulled out a can of Budwiser and a can of Sprite for herself.

Laura shook her head in disgust, “I can’t believe you, Kim. I really can’t.”

Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “Look, I’m sorry, Laura. I really am.” She placed the two cans on the counter and looked at her roommate, “I know you liked him, but I liked him too. And you don’t even know him…not the real him anyway. You just know what he does for a job; you don’t know the guy behind the Backstreet Boy.”

“Oh and you do?” She growled.

She laughed, “Yes! I’ve been seeing him over a month now and I really like him…no, I love him, Laura. He treats me good, he cares about me. And you want to know the best part? He’s the one that was chasing me; I never would have given him a glance, because I would feel he wouldn’t give me the time or day.”

“What the hell do you have that I don’t?” She said a little too loud.

Kimberly shrugged, “I don’t know, but he likes me because of something. Maybe it’s because I’m genuine and I don’t care about appearances as much as you do.”

“He dated fucking Paris Hilton; of course he cares about that shit.”

“Maybe he learned his lesson then. Look, I don’t know, Laura.” Her green eyes then narrowed, “Maybe it has to do with the fact that he doesn’t like you, because you lied. Telling him I was on a date, telling me that you went out with him just to hurt me!”

“Well, he should be with me, not you!” She spat.

Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “I’m sick and tired of this. He wants me, Laura, not you. You need to accept that…I don’t get to say this often, but…let’s just face it that I’ve won for once.” With that, she grabbed the two cans and walked back into the living room.

Laura’s face was fuming. Kimberly did not win, Nick was just blinded and she soon would help him see clearly again. Nick Carter would be hers; she just had to make him realize just what he had in front of him. She would win him over; Kimberly was going to be in for a harsh slap of reality. Laura would let her play pretend for a little bit longer, but in time Nick would be head over heels for her. Pretty soon he would be saying, Kimberly Who?


All through the rest of the movie, Laura’s eyes did not leave Kimberly and Nick. She would watch as he would whisper things into her ear causing her to giggle or make her blush. She tried to pay attention to the movie, but how could she? Nick Carter was sitting right there, not even five feet away from her! Ronny would occasionally glance over at his girlfriend and would see the jealousy flair in her eyes and it made him doubt what she said earlier about not liking Nick anymore. It pained him to see his girlfriend gazing at another man; he almost didn’t know how to control his own jealousy.

Kimberly yawned and rested herself back on Nick. His hands were rubbing up and down her bare arms. He looked at her, “Tired, Baby Angel?”

She shrugged, “A little.”

Each time Laura heard him call her that nickname is sent bolts of resentment through her body. She jumped as she felt Ronny’s hand go on top of her leg, “Are you okay?” He softly asked.

She looked at him and faked another smile, “Yeah, I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

He said this as calmly as he could, “Because you keep staring at them. What’s your deal?”

She looked at him surprised and yet alarmed as she could hear the gruff in his voice, “Nothing. I just think it’s disgusting how they’re acting. I mean isn’t that what a room is for?”

“Isn’t that what she said when she caught us on the couch and you snapped at her?” He asked, with a raised eyebrow, “Do you like him?”

Her brown eyes shot open and she could feel her heart pumping hard against her ribcage, “What? No!”

“Then stop gawking at them,” he ordered with authority. “The girl never gets any attention from guys; let her enjoy it while she can. I almost feel bad for her. It seems he actually likes her.”

“Ugh, how can he?” She meant to say more to herself.

Ronny’s blue eyes burned, “Jealous?”

“Not in the least.”

“Right,” he said, obviously not convinced.

She rolled her eyes at him, not caring what he thought. She stared at the couple again; she still couldn’t get over what Nick saw in her.

“Do you want me to stay or leave?” Nick asked his girlfriend.

Kimberly laughed, “Are you really asking me that?”

He grinned and shrugged, “It’s completely up to you. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable.”

Uncomfortable? Did that mean they did not have sex yet?!? Laura could feel relieve sweep over her. She shook her head in shame; the girl couldn’t even give it up to Nick Carter? Why the hell did he want a girl that wouldn’t please him if that were the case? She really was stupid.

She shook her head, “I’m not anymore.” She then smiled, “Plus Benny lives almost half an hour away.”

He smiled, “Okay, you talked me into it.”

She giggled, “Don’t I always?”

Laura couldn’t believe the way they were talking! She just wanted to badly to lash out, and scream at Nick for being so stupid. He wanted to expose all of Kimberly’s terrible flaws and show him what a real woman was. That a real woman would give it up to him, that a real woman would do anything for him. Not this petty little girl who knew nothing about any of that.

Ronny sighed, “I think I’m just gonna go since you’re obviously too busy staring at your roommate and her new boyfriend.”

She cringed at the word boyfriend. Ugh, Nick Carter really was her boyfriend. That was just too terrible to put together in a sentence. She quickly got a grip on reality when she felt Ronny stand up and tightly gripped onto his hand so he couldn’t leave, “No, don’t go!” She pleaded.

“Why?” He hissed, “You’re not even paying attention to me, all you are staring at is Kim and that guy. It’s starting to piss me off.”

Kimberly looked over and chewed on her lower lip. She felt bad; Ronny actually seemed like a decent guy and the way Laura was acting, it just wasn’t fair. She thought that he was a sleezeball a while ago, but now she could see he was actually okay. It made her sad the way she kept on eying Nick and her, it defiantly wasn’t fair to her boyfriend. She then stood up, “Come on Nick, let’s go into my room.”

He nodded and stood up as well, “Night, guys.” He looked at Ronny and could see the hateful glare he was shooting him, “It was uh, nice meeting you.” He then left for the staircase with Kimberly, not looking back once at the arguing couple.

“I’m sorry!” Laura cried looking up at her angry boyfriend’s face, “I just…I just can’t believe a guy wants to be with her that’s all.”

“A guy?” He questioned, “Or that guy?”

“Any guy in general!” Laura then stood up, “Baby, I don’t like Nick. You’re the one I like, you should know that.”

He shook his head, causing his curls to go in his blue eyes, “I just saw the way you were looking at him and then how you lied about him being all over you, when you were the one that was all over him!” His eyes grew tight as he remembered the lie that caused him to want to snap that blonde’s neck.

She sighed, “I know it was a stupid thing to lie about and I’m sorry.” Her brown eyes filled with apology, “I had a small crush on him…but what you and I have…” she wrapped her arms around him and pressed her full body against his, “Is no crush.”

He grinned, “Well, I would hope not.” Ronny bit on his lower lip, “How about you just show me how much you like me…how much you want me.”

Laura licked her lips and smirked, “With pleasure.”

She took hold of her boyfriend’s hand and led him to her bedroom, which was only down the hall from Kimberly’s. She glanced over to the door and saw that it was shut, jealousy flared inside of her. She was going to make Nick see how right she was for him, not her roommate. She was going to make him see…she didn’t know how or when, but she was made a pact with herself that it would be soon.