- Text Size +
~Chapter 21



Kimberly sat down on the bed as Nick undressed down to his boxers. She was still a little shaken up. She just could not believe that Laura knew the truth now. She knew everything and yet there was nothing she could do to change Nick’s mind. She saw the way she was glaring at her, and she knew that Laura wanted nothing more than to rip her throat out. Jealousy was smeared all across her face. She knew that Nick was only touching her the way he was to piss Laura off. Kimberly loved how he would kiss her neck in a sexual motion to get a rise out of her roommate and the way his fingers ran down her arm. She truly thought that Laura was going to murder her in the kitchen. She was surprised herself how she stuck up for herself. How she told her that she won. She never thought that she would ever be saying those words to her. It felt so good.

Nick looked at his girlfriend and saw how lost in thought she was. He sat down next to her and took her hand in his, “Are you okay?”

His soft voice interrupted her thoughts and she looked at him and nodded. “Yeah, I’m just thinking…uh did you lock the door?” She then half smiled, “I don’t want Laura slicing my throat while I’m sleeping, you know.”

He gave a soft chuckle, “Baby Angel, you have nothing to worry about.” He then brought her hand to his lips and pressed them upon her knuckles, “She knows you’re the one I want. She’s not happy about it, but she’ll learn to accept it.”

Kimberly wasn't too sure about that, but she nodded anyway, “Yeah, I know you’re right.” She then wrapped her arms around his neck, “I love you,” she whispered.

He smiled at her, “I love you more.” Nick pulled out of the hug and pressed his lips against hers and she opened her mouth to his command and his tongue entered. He laid her down on her back and hovered over her as their kiss got more passionate. He gently nibbled on her lower lip and she let out a soft moan and her hands ran through his hair. His hands began to roam her body, gently gripping her breasts over her shirt. He let out a groan, “Baby Angel, why must you do this to me?”

She grinned, “Do what?”

“Yeah, like you don’t already know!” His mouth crashed back down onto hers, “You’re making me want you,” he murmured over her mouth.

“Is that bad?” She asked, as a curve formed around her lips.

He smirked, “Nope. But first we gotta get you out of these clothes.”

She laughed and lifted up her arms. He took that as an invitation and peeled the fabric from her body and onto the floor. He didn’t hesitate one moment and his fingers quickly snapped off her bra and tossed that to the floor too. She let out a small moan as his lips and tongue captured one of her nipples. With her other breast, he was tweaking her nipple with his two fingers; until it stuck out like a rose bud. His lips then captured that one. As his mouth was busy working her upper half, he snaked his fingers down to her hips and pulled down her pants and underwear. When they were down to her ankles, she kicked them to the floor. He loved how she was in his control. His mouth then departed from her breast and he left soft kisses down her chest and stomach. When he came across her womanly area, he spread her legs and made his kill and Kimberly cried in ecstasy as his tongue invaded her insides.



Ronny was laying on the bed in just his boxers, waiting for Laura to join him. “Baby, aren’t you gonna join your man, or what?”

She looked at him. Ronny wasn't her man, her man was in the other room with her roommate. His judgment was beyond clouded. She had to make him see clearly again, she had to make him see she was the one he was supposed to be with. Not Kimberly. She looked at him and nodded as she forced a smile to formed around her lips, “Yeah, I am.” She then put her hand to her throat, “But my throat is sooo dry. I’m gonna get a quick drink.”

“Again?” He asked, as he raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t you already have one in the kitchen with Kim?”

She shrugged, “I’m thirsty again.” She could see he wasn't convinced, so she crawled over to him on the bed and pressed her lips against his. “If I’m gonna be working my mouth on you, I want to make sure my throat is working good too.”

His smirk grew wide, “Okay, baby. Don’t take too long.”

“I won’t,” she said, as she kissed him once more.

She then got up and left the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. She then crept over towards Kimberly’s bedroom. She was sure that she would never give it up to Nick, which was why he needed a woman like her. She would make him so happy; he would question himself why he was even with that girl in the first place. She then heard moaning…it was Kimberly. She was becoming louder and louder. Laura took a deep breath and put her hand on the door knob, she couldn’t believe she was actually going to do this. She felt like such a peeping tom. Surprisingly it wasn’t locked. It turned a bit and she opened it a crack and her brown eyes shot open with disbelief. Soon jealousy began to take over and she could feel herself burning up with hate. Nick Carter’s face was right in between her legs. Kimberly then cried out loudly and her body then began to tremble. Nick pulled away and smirked. He then pulled down his boxers and Laura’s eyes grew even wider. Kimberly looked up at him and grinned as she took him in her hands. Before she could put her mouth on him, he gently pushed her back down. He didn’t want her to give him head? Why not? Maybe she was bad at it. Kimberly did look like the kind of person that didn’t have any idea how to do a thing right in that department. Another reason why he needed to leave her. Nick then went on top of her and inserted himself into her and he let out a loud groan. He held onto her body tight as he pumped inside of her. Envy was washing over Laura as he was holding her with love and care. The way he was looking into her eyes as he made love to her, but when she heard him say I love you, Baby Angel she thought she was going to lose it. She just wanted to jump in there and demand to know what Kimberly had that she didn’t. Laura closed the door behind her as quietly as she could and pressed her back against her. She could feel her emotions building up. She wanted to cry, but she fought the tears. She wasn’t going to allow herself. She knew Nick would be hers in time…she knew that he was just completely blinded…a lot more than she thought. A devious smile came across her face, she would make him jealous…very jealous.

Laura took a deep breath and then walked back into the bedroom and saw Ronny falling asleep. She quickly undressed until she was nude and rushed over to the bed. She jumped on it, causing him to bounce, his eyes quickly shot open and he glanced at his naked girlfriend. He half smiled, “Well, hey. Look who decided to come back.” He then got a good look at her and his half smile turned into a full out blown one, “What have we here?”

She smirked, “A horny girlfriend.”

Ronny sat up a bit and wrapped his arms around Laura and pulled her down on him. His mouth met with hers, “Anything I can do to help?”

She snickered, “I can think of a few things.”

His mouth met with hers again and as his tongue made its way inside, his hands groped her large breasts. She softly moaned over his lips as she felt his fingers lightly pinch her nipples. She closed her eyes as he laid her down on the bed and hovered on top of her. She felt his fingers slide down to her womanhood and she softly moaned as she felt them slide inside of her. Of course as he was pleasing her with his hand she was only thinking about one man. Unfortunately it wasn’t her boyfriend; it was the blonde one messing around in the other bedroom.

As she was thinking about Nick Carter being the one to touch her the way Ronny was, she didn’t notice him move and before she knew it, she felt him shove himself inside of her. She screamed loud as he entered her, at first he thought he hurt her. When he realized it was from pleasure he continued and began to thrust himself inside of her tight womanhood. Laura was doing her very best to be extra loud, she wanted Nick to hear her. Oh yeah, she wanted him to want to be the one making love to her. She wanted him to shoved Kimberly to the side and do everything in his power to woo her. Oh, how a girl could dream.



Kimberly heard the cries through the walls, she then looked back at Nick, whom had collapsed down next to her. Beads of sweat were slowly running down the side of his face, “I guess we’re not the only ones that got lucky.”

He looked at her and smiled, “Guess not.” He was still breathing heavy. He was being really forceful tonight, not that she minded. In fact it was probably the roughest sex they’ve ever had. The way Nick was pinning her down and slamming inside of her. Then the way his mouth crashed down onto hers and how aggressive his kisses were. The way his tongue raped hers. It sent her over the edge; she couldn’t even count how many times he had gotten her off just by the pace alone! “But I bet we had the most fun.”

Kimberly could feel her face flush and she nodded as a small curve formed around her face. She then gently bit on her lower lip and looked away. Nick laughed and pulled her into him. She rested her nude body against his. Her head laid down on his chest and she could feel his heartbeat loud and clear. His fingers locked into her hair and he gently massaged her sculpt. She felt his lips in her hair.

“So do you think Laura really will learn to accept us?”

She felt his fingers run down to her back and rub in a circular motion, “I do, baby. She knows there is no changing my mind. You’re the one I want and even though she isn’t happy about my choice, she know s there isn’t a damn thing she can do about it. So the only thing she can do is accept it.”

Kimberly looked up at him, “You don’t think she’ll try to woo you or something?”

He laughed, “No.” He cupped her face with both hands and pressed his lips onto hers, “Let’s face it, you got me and she doesn’t.”

She sighed, “I know. I’m just worried she’ll try to win you over or something.”

“That won’t happen,” he reassured her. “I promise. I love you Baby Angel, and only you.”

She smiled and squeezed him tight, “I love you too.” She gave him another squeeze, “So much,” she murmured as she laid back and rested her head back onto his chest.

Nick half smiled, “I love you more.”

He thought he heard a soft nuh-uh but he wasn’t sure. He knew he had worn the poor girl out. Hell, he even wore himself out! He grabbed the remote and turned it on. He wasn’t completely tired just yet. He could hear Kimberly softly breathing and knew that she was sound asleep. He was flicking through the channels until he found something good on.


Laura laid in the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Wishing how badly that fantasy she just had could have came true. She wished so badly it was Nick Carter that had just made love to her, not Ronny. She glanced over at him and saw that he looked smug. Sure, he should. They just had great sex. They usually did, but this time it was different. Only because she kept on thinking about another man….she thought about him constantly and just knowing he was in the next room was driving her mad!

“Baby, you never fail to please me,” said Ronny, breaking through her thoughts. He kissed her bare shoulder.

She looked at him and gave a smile, “Same to you, baby. You always know the right spots and everything.” She wondered if Nick knew the right spots. She wondered what his touch was like, how his tongue worked. She was asking herself such questions as Ronny had his way with her.

He yawned loudly, “Damn, babe. See what you do to me.” He grinned, “You use all up my energy.” He gave her a quick peck on the check before grabbing the blankets and pulling them over himself.

She shook her head in annoyance. He always did that. She hated how he would fall asleep right after they had sex. She wasn’t the cuddling type, but still it would have been nice once in a while. Her head shot up as she heard Kimberly’s bedroom door open. She looked over at her nearly passed out boyfriend and crept out of the bed. She opened her door a crack to take a peak outside and that was when she saw Nick. He was shirtless! She could feel her heart fluttering at his sight. His jeans were hanging from his hips and it made her wonder if he was even wearing any underwear. His hair was ruffled and he looked like he just had a wild night. Jealousy soon began to overpower her as she remembered what she witnessed a little over an hour ago. The way he pleased her roommate, how that should have been her in there. She quietly closed the door as he walked by and she heard his footsteps down the stairs. She got an idea and a smirk formed around her lips. She quickly grabbed her black thong and slipped it on, along with Ronny’s red T-shirt that was on the floor. It just reached her thighs. This was perfect; she was going to win that man over if it was the last thing she was going to do. She quickly glanced herself in the mirror and messed up her hair a bit. Oh yeah, she looked hot. There was absolutely no way he would be able to resist her. Not this time.


Nick walked in the kitchen and grabbed a can of beer from the refrigerator. He leaned against the counter and snapped it open and took a long sip. He could feel the cool liquid hydrate his throat. He felt relieved that Laura knew everything. That she knew that it was Kimberly that he wanted…but in a way that worried him. He was concerned that she would be even more cruel to her now. He wished that she would just leave this place and take his opportunity and stay with him at his house…Hell, even with Ashley. Sadness soon began to wash over him. He had never been happier, he loved being with Kimberly, she was his everything. He had never been so happy with a woman in such a long time. She made him feel so alive, she brought out the better side of him, but he couldn’t help but feel a little empty. He never thought the day would come when he would miss being a Backstreet Boy. He shook his head, he had to rid of those thoughts. He was the one that stepped out of it, he was the one that wanted this. So if that was the case, then why did he feel like part of him was missing? Should he talk to the guys and work things out? He knew he didn’t really want the band to break up, he just hated how they treated him like a child. Then AJ came to mind and Nick could feel anger wash over him. The way he spoke of Kimberly…how he hated her without even having a reason to! He knew there was no way he could go back. How could he? Look how they treated his girlfriend because she wasn’t a super model! He wouldn’t be able to go back until they learned to respect him and his choices….along with his girlfriend. She was a huge part of his life and he wasn’t going to let her go. He almost lost her once, he wasn’t going to let that happen again.

Nick heard someone coming and glanced up to see Laura walk in the kitchen only in a T-Shirt that only reached up to her thighs. He looked at her with eyes wide open. She saw the stunned look across his face and a small smirk formed around her lips. He quickly tired to suppress his facial expressions and took another sip of his beer. He needed to get away from there and go back into the safety of Kimberly’s bedroom.

“What are you doing up?” She kindly asked as she walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a can of Coke. She snapped it open and pranced over to the counter and jumped up on it, next to Nick; crossing her legs, which caused the shirt to lift up and her legs to be shown.

He wished he didn’t look to his side, because he saw her thong strap. He took a long sip of his beer; it was already almost empty now. “Just getting a drink,” he mumbled as he still had the can to his lips. He couldn’t deny that Laura was beautiful, because hell she was!

“Yeah, me too,” she said, with a curve around her lips. She looked at him and could feel her pulse racing as she stared at him. His blonde hair a mess and even in his eyes, God what she would do to have him. She would give him the world’s best orgasm. She would make him feel so good; he would just be in complete ecstasy. “Nick, I need to ask you something.”

“What?” He asked, as he looked up at her face. Her hair was a mess; she looked wild. Her brown eyes big like two chocolate milk duds. Man, all he wanted to do was leave and see Kimberly, he didn’t want to do anything he would regret.

“Do you not find me attractive?”

He looked up at her, “What?”

She then shrugged, “I mean you won’t even look my way. Do you think I’m ugly or something? Because most guys would kill to be with me.”

“I’m not like most guys,” he simply answered. “Looks can only get you so far.”

“And Kim has something that I don’t?” She asked, doubtful, “I mean, come on, Nick. Let’s be realistic. I could give you so much more.” Nick rolled his eyes and didn’t answer her. Instead he just drank the remainder of his beer. Laura bit on her lower lip and with the back of her hand she brushed it across his shoulder and up to his neck.

He shrugged her hand off him and he glared at her with sharp eyes, “You need to face it, I’m with her.”

She jumped off the counter and faced him, “Why?!?” She demanded, “I mean just look at her! You deserve better….you deserve me! I saw how you turned her down when she wanted to please you.” She wrinkled her nose, “I mean, not that I blame you, I bet she doesn’t even know how to touch you properly. But I would.” She ran her hands down his lower stomach and to his package, but he aggressively grabbed her wrists.

“You were watching us?!?” He growled, as his blue eyes turned dark, “How sick are you?”

The way his eyes turned so dark and how his lips trembled from anger it turned her on to such a degree. She loved the forcefulness as he held her wrists in his grasp, “I just need to know what I have to do to win you over…you belong with me, Nick. I’m so good for you.”

“You are everything but good for me! I’m going to say this so you can even understand….I. Don’t. Like. You. Now get out of my face.” He released her wrists and was put his hands on the counter to push himself away, but Laura held her ground. “Could you move?” He snarled.

She shook her head in pity, “In such denial. It makes me sad.”

Nick’s eyes narrowed as he stared down at her, “You know what makes me sad? You throwing yourself at me like some pathetic whore. I don’t want you, I would never want you. You think just because you have a good body and pretty face it’s going to get guys to notice you?” He saw the smirk across her face from his words, “Well, you’re wrong. The only thing they’ll want is to fuck you and that’s it. They will treat you like a worthless piece of trash because that’s how you come off. You want to know what Kim has that you don’t? Class.”

Laura’s eyes grew large as his words stung, “I-I have class…”

“Oh really?” Nick raised an eyebrow, “Then why are you down here in only a shirt and thong? You have a boyfriend upstairs that actually cares about you.” He shook his head in disgust, “You need to look up the word class.” Nick’s eyes turned dark as he said, “You shouldn’t be trying to hit on your roommate’s boyfriend.”

Laura’s eyes grew wide with astonishment. This was not supposed to happen. Nick was supposed to see her and be stuck by her beauty. Seeing her only in a shirt and thong was supposed to make him crazy in love with her. He was supposed to want her like he had never wanted a woman before. She then realized he was still blinded. Kimberly had him under some sort of delusion that he was in love with her…maybe he was starting to believe it. No, she had to be the one to set him free. She knew that he was supposed to be hers; Nick was supposed to be with a beautiful girl…not someone like Kimberly. They would win this war. She would be his savior.

“She shouldn’t be with you.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “Get out of my way.”

“I think you need a little persuading,” she said, with a sly grin.

“Excuse me?”

She grinned and before he could react she pressed her curvy body against his and slammed her lips onto his. Oh how she’s wanted to feel them on hers for the longest time. Her hand slowly made its way down to his crotch and she gripped lightly on his member. Suddenly he shoved her away with force and she slid across the floor.

“You fucking bitch!” He hissed, “What did I tell you?!? I don’t want you. If Kim ever saw that…I don’t even want to think of the outcome!”

“What the fuck is going on here?!?” Growled Ronny.

Laura jerk her head up and she saw her boyfriend and suddenly her eyes filled with tears, “Did you see what he just did to me, Ronny?!? He threw me on the floor!”

Ronny’s eyes turned dark as he stared at Nick with anger and he charged at him, “You threw my girlfriend on the floor?!? Are you that upset that she turned you down and wanted me instead of your pathetic ass and now all you have is Kim?!?” Rage poured into his fuming words as they shot out like fire.

Nick’s blue eyes turned as dark as the deepest ocean, “What did you just say?!?” He was now inches from a fuming Ronny, “Your little whore couldn’t keep her hands off me. I did what I had to do before she could put her hands down my pants.”

Ronny turned to Laura with sharp eyes, “Is this true?!?” He hissed.

“What?” She cried, “NO!”

“You fucking liar!” Roared Nick. He then looked at Ronny with dark eyes, “And what the fuck are you trying to imply about Kim? All I have is her?”

Ronny laughed, “Look at her and then look at my girlfriend.”

“Yeah…Kim isn’t a fucking whore!”

Ronny could feel his breathing increasing and then without warning he lunged himself at Nick. Nick wasn’t expecting that and got the edge of the counter slammed into his back. Laura couldn’t believe the way Ronny was fighting for her like that. All because Nick called her a whore. Maybe she should give him another chance…but still Nick had something she wanted. She loved knowing that they were fighting because of her…it turned her on to the maximum



Kimberly woke up as she heard commotion coming from the downstairs. She then heard yelling and her heart went into her throat. She quickly jumped out of the bed and grabbed some sweat pants and a large shirt on the floor, that was way too big for her. She soon realized that it was Nick’s. She didn’t care, she then ran out of the bedroom and raced down the stairs to see Ronny and Nick fighting!!! Laura was there looking amused and laughing a bit. Her arms were crossed across her chest as she watched the two men going at it like two vicious pitbulls in a fighting ring. Her grew eyes shot open and she ran over towards the fighting men, “Stop fighting!” She shrieked.

Ronny had Nick against the counter and had him cornered. There was no way he would be able to get away from the angle and Ronny took advantage of that. Nick had a split lip and a small patch of grey forming around his eye. Ronny too had a bloody lip and a large bruise forming around his cheek.

Ronny glared at Nick before releasing him and walked away over to Laura. Kimberly quickly ran over to Nick and put her hands up to his swelled face. Anger then began to get the best of her.

“You fucking prick!” She yelled, “What the fuck gave you the right to put your hands on him?” She could feel the rage rising up inside of her, “Get the fuck out of my apartment!!!”

Nick shook his head at her, “Kim, don’t.”

She looked at him appalled, “What? No. I don’t want that jerkoff in my home.”

“It’s my place too, Kim!” Shot Laura, “And I say he stays,” she said, with a satisfied smirk.

“And when’s the last time you paid?!?” She hissed, Laura just glared at her, saying nothing. Kimberly then looked back at Ronny, “Now get the fuck out of here you asshole!”

“Asshole!” He repeated with a hard voice. He then stormed over towards her until he was only inches away from her face. Fear began to fill up inside of her as this large man looked like he was about to rip her face off, “If you want to call anyone an asshole then call your precious boyfriend one!” He barked.

Nick saw the alarm in her face and he jumped over and pushed him away from her, “Get the fuck away from her! Now get out of here.”

“Why? So you can try to get with Laura again? Or beat her because she doesn’t give in? You fucking worthless piece of trash.”

Kimberly looked at Nick with her watering green eyes, “Wh-what?” She shoved away from him and she shook her head at him in disgust. Has her nightmare come true, “How could you?!?”

Nick looked at her with his jaw hanging open. No, this was Laura’s plan; she wanted everyone to turn on him. She wanted Kimberly to break up with him…he couldn’t let this happen! “Kim, I swear to you I never did anything to Laura. She came onto me!!! Ronny came in when I pushed her off of me, because she tied sliding her hand down my pants! You gotta believe me, Baby Angel! I love you and would never do that to you.”

Kimberly just walked away and he franticly ran his hands through his hair. Fear was overcoming him; was she going to leave him over a lie? He had to make her see that Laura lied….Laura wanted them to split up. He looked at her whom had a grin upon her face. She looked far too satisfied and if he didn’t believe in hitting woman, she would be on the ground right now with a hand mark across her face. He then saw Kimberly walk up over to Laura and she stared at her for a long moment before slapping her hard across the face. Everyone looked at her in complete shock…especially Laura. Ronny was confused.

“YOU FUCKING BITCH!” Shouted Kimberly, “Nick doesn’t want you, he’ll never want you! Why can’t you accept that he wants me?!?”

“BECAUSE LOOK AT YOU!” She yelled back. Suddenly her heart went into her throat as she looked at Ronny. She didn’t mean to say that…not while he was there. “Ron-Ronny, I didn’t mean – ”

He threw his hands up in defense. He then looked at Nick, “Sorry, man.”

Nick shrugged, “It’s cool…I would have done the same thing if I saw someone shove my girl on the floor too.”

Ronny then left, saying nothing.

“Ronny!” Cried Laura as she chased after him.

Kimberly then walked over towards Nick and wrapped her arms around him tightly, “I knew she was going to try something,” she mumbled as her forehead was pressed against his chest.

Nick’s hand was rubbing up and down her back, “I was so scared you actually believed her.”

She looked up at him and shook her head, “At first I was unsure because Laura is so pretty…but I then thought about how much you love me and I know you’d never do that to me. I love you so much, Nick.” With her arms that were wrapped around his waist, she gave him a little squeeze, “I’m so glad that I met you.”

He smiled, “Same here, Baby Angel.” He then brought his mouth to hers and their lips connected. His hand softly held onto her chin as his tongue invaded the inside of her mouth. When they pulled away, Kimberly let out a loud sigh, “What’s wrong?” He softly asked, as he brushed her snarled hair from her face.

She looked up at him with her moist green eyes, “I don’t want to live here anymore…”

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her. His chin just barely touching the top of her head, “I know, Baby Angel. I don’t want you to either.”

“I can’t live with her anymore…I just can’t.”

Nick looked at her intently, “What are you saying?”

She took a deep breath as she said, “How far is your place from here?”

He smiled wide, “A few hours…want to go there?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, “Is it too late to drive that far?”

He shook his head, “Nothing’s too late for you.” He grabbed onto her hand, “Come on, I’ll help you pack.”

She laughed as he pulled her up the stairs, he was so eager to get her out of that apartment.



“Ronny!” Cried Laura as she tried to run over towards him, but he didn’t answer her or turn around. When he was at the door she reached him and grabbed onto his arm, “Ronny, please!”

“What?!?” He snapped as he glared at her with furious eyes.

“I-I think I should explain.” She could feel her stomach tie in knots. The way Ronny was staring at her scared her. Was he going to leave her now?

“Explain what exactly?” He demanded, “How you lied to me about Nick coming onto you? I almost beat the shit out of him for you!”

Laura could feel her stomach jump from the butterflies tickling inside of her. She loved how he was willing to do that too. She never had anyone that would have done that for her. She smiled at him, hoping this was an easy fix, “I know, Ronny. You have no idea how much that means to me.”

“Apparently not enough,” he bitterly said.

“No, it is!”

He shook his head, “You’ve been after Nick all along…everything you said to me was a lie. He wanted Kim and it drove you mad with jealousy. You even tried to seduce him when I was asleep in your bed!” He let out a loud sigh, “You really are a whore. Everyone was right about you. I even defended you when my friends told me you’d spread your legs to the snap of anyone’s fingers. I told them they were wrong…but now…now I can see they were right and I was the fool.”

Her brown eyes began to fill with tears, “Wh-what are you saying?”

“I’m saying goodbye, Laura. I don’t want to be played and you played me. I want nothing more to do with you.”

“But…but, Ronny!” She cried, “I love you.”

He laughed, “You don’t even know the meaning of the word.” He turned his back to her and opened up the door. Before he walked out he turned to her one last time, “Do me a favor and lose my number.” He then left.

Laura could feel tears rolling down her cheeks. What had she just done? She lost the only man that would put up with her…that actually loved her. Why? All because of her stupid infatuation with Nick Carter! She heard thumping down the stairs and turned her head to see Nick caring a large suitcase in his hand and Kimberly had a smaller one. She raised an eyebrow, “Where are you going?” She demanded.

“Moving out,” answered Kimberly in a bleak tone.

Laura’s brown eyes shot open, “What?!? Why the hell would you do that? We’re on a lease, Kim!”

“Why do you think?” She hissed, “I can’t live with you anymore, I can’t deal with you putting me down…trying to get with my boyfriend!”

“How do you expect me to afford this place!”

“Try getting a job,” shot Nick.

“I have a job thank you very much.” Although, she was lying. She didn’t, she was struggling enough as it was. Kimberly was her only source of income. Without her, she’d be kicked out onto the streets.

“And how’s that working out for you?” Questioned Kimberly, “For the past I don’t know how many months I’ve busted my ass to pay for this place…pay for your share! Well karama has come to bite you in the ass, because I’m leaving.”

“You can’t do this to me!” She cried, “I-I can’t survive on my own.”

“Maybe you should have thought about that before you stabbed me in the back.”

Tears began to roll down Laura’s cheeks once again, “Kim, please. I’m begging you. If you leave, I’ll have no way to pay rent. I have no one.” She began to softly sob.

Nick saw the look in Kimberly’s eyes and knew she was going to cave. No, he wouldn’t let her. He quickly pulled out his wallet and his credit card, “Here,” he said, holding the blue plastic card.

Both Laura and Kimberly’s eyes shot open. Laura hesitantly took it, “You’re going to help me?”

He shook his head, “No, I’m going to help her. I don’t want her spending another minute here with you, but Kim unlike you has a heart. She’ll cave to help you. There’s about ten grand on that. I swear to you, if I find out you use that for more than paying rent, I’ll cancel it. Got that?”

She nodded, “Thank…thank you, Nick.”

She went to hug him, but he held out his hand, “Don’t touch me.” Rejection washed over her as she heard the cold tone in his voice. He then looked at Kimberly, “Come on Baby Angel, let’s get out of here.”

She smiled and nodded. She looked at her roommate one last time, “Goodbye, Laura. Good luck with everything.” She then left the apartment. Nick shot her a hard glare before leaving with his girlfriend.

Kimberly sat in the car as Nick got in on the driver’s side. He had put both the suitcases in the back. He looked at her, “So you ready to do this?”

She nodded and smiled wide. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around him. She gently brushed her lips against his, “I have never been more ready.”

He smiled and put the key in the ignition and drove out of the driveway. Kimberly had never felt happier than she did at that moment…finally she was free of Laura Longhouse. No more bad thoughts in her head, she no longer would feel she had to be something she wasn’t to impress anyone. For the first time she was happy to be just average.