- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! Sorry I've been outta the loop for so long! I hope you enjoy the chapter and I'm hoping to work on the next one veryyy soon!
~Chapter 23~



The next day, Kimberly woke up to feeling something tickling her face. She opened her eyes and saw a red rose laying down next to her, pressing against her cheek. She felt a smile stretch out across her face. She sat up and took the long stem rose and smelt the sent it set off. She could feel butterflies fluttering madly inside her stomach. She got off the bed and slipped on some underwear along with a long red band T-shit that went right to her thighs. It obviously belonged to Nick. She loved wearing his clothes; she loved how they smelt like him. She walked down the stairs with the rose in her hand. He was on the phone and at the kitchen table. He felt arms wrap around him from behind. He looked up and smiled at his girlfriend when he got a good look at what she was wearing.

“Hang on a sec, Ang.” He put the phone down for a second to give Kimberly a sweet kiss, “Morning, Baby Angel.”

She smiled shyly when she pulled away, “Thank you for the rose,” she whispered over his lips.

He smiled when he saw the flicker in her eyes, “I thought you might like that.”

The smile had not left her face and she kissed him again, but this time added a little tongue. Teasing his as it flicked the tip, “I love you.” She then pulled away and put the rose to her nose to inhale the scent.

Nick loved seeing how happy she was….all from a single rose. He then put the phone back up to his ear, “Sorry about that….what? Yeah, you heard her.” He nodded, “Yes, she’s living with me now…well I had to get her out of that horrible place! You should have seen the way that whore of a roommate came onto me.” He shook his head as he remembered the kitchen incident. He listened to Angel’s reasoning why this may be a bad idea, “Look Angel, I love her.” Kimberly glanced at Nick and smiled shyly once more as she put the rose in a vase filled with water. He smiled back, “So why is it that you called…double date…when…tonight…uh, I don’t know.” He looked up at his girlfriend, “Angel wants to know if you want to double date with her and Benny tonight.”

Kimberly smiled, “Yeah. You know I love doing things like that. I like them.”

“Okay sis, looks like we’re in. Where at…okay, what time….around six? Alright, see ya then.” He then hung up the phone and tossed it onto the table. He then ran his hands over his face, “I swear that girl is going to be the death of me.”

Kimberly snickered as she walked over towards her boyfriend. She leaned against the marble table and ran her hand through his hair, “She just cares about you. You’re lucky to have someone like that.”

Nick looked up at her and smiled, “Yeah, I am….but I think I’m more lucky because I have you.”

She laughed, “You’re so corny.”

Nick grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down on his lap, “But you love it.”

She grinned, “Guilty as charged. So she wants to go out at six? I’m gonna need to find something nice to wear.”

Nick glanced at the clock on white wall and saw it was quarter of one, “We still have time.”

“Good. I’m gonna need it to go through all my clothes. I wanna make sure I look nice. Where are we going?”

Nick tightened his arms around her waist, “Baby Angel, you know anything you wear, you always look good.” He softly kissed his lips, “She wants to go to this pub that she likes.”

Kimberly smirked and wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him close, “I love you,” she murmured. “You always make me feel so pretty…even when I look like shit,” she said, with a small laugh.

“You never look like shit,” he reassured her.

She laughed, “Okay Carter,” she said, putting her hand on his chest and pushed herself away from him. “Lying isn’t very nice,” she told him, in a teasing voice.

“I swear, I’m not!” He promised. He rubbed her left cheek with the back of his hand, “Look at you. Your hair is wild and you have that grr look…baby, you can’t get any hotter than that. And best part, it’s all natural. No makeup, no fake shit in your hair…face it Baby Angel, you’re beautiful and that’s the truth.”

Kimberly just shook her head at her boyfriend, “You’re crazy. Well, I need to shower…” she paused and a sly smile formed around her lips, “Wanna join me?”

Nick smiled wide, showing all his teeth, “Must you ask?”

She giggled and ran towards the bathroom, Nick was at her heels, chasing her. Once they got into the bathroom, he shut the door behind him and pressed Kimberly against the wooden frame. His mouth crashed down onto hers and his hands cupped her breasts over the shirt.

“I don’t believe this is showering,” she giggled over his lips.

“What, you’re not wet?” He asked with a grin.

She hit his arm, “God, Nick.” She shook her head, trying to fight the smile that was forming around her mouth. She stripped off her shirt and pulled down her panties and walked over towards the shower and set the water. She felt Nick’s arms wrap around her body and his lips went onto her bare shoulder. She grinned and turned her head and saw him looking smug, “What’s that look for?”

“What look?” He asked with the same smile.

Kimberly just softly laughed and went to step into the shower, but before doing so, she glanced back at her boyfriend and smiled, “You coming?”

Nick smirked and within a moment he jumped in the shower with her. Moments later the bathroom then was filled with soft giggles…


“I can’t believe you’re making me do this,” grumbled AJ as he took a puff of his cigarette. “Why the fuck doesn’t Nick just man up? We shouldn’t be having to sneak around like this, because of some stupid cunt.”

Howie glared at AJ with hard eyes, “If you want the band back together you better watch your mouth. Nick loves the girl and we have to show him that we have nothing against her. Do you want the band back or not?”

“Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?” Asked Brian, as he tried to hide the hurt in his voice, “You know I never had anything against her.”

“We just had to talk to Angel alone,” answered Kevin.

“This is bullshit,” moaned AJ.

Howie shook his head at his friend, “Why do you hate her so much? I mean, I just don’t get it.”

“I don’t think any of us do,” chimed in Brian. “Yeah, it pissed me off that Nick put her before his responsibilities, but I think you’re taking it a bit far. Do you not like her because she’s no model?”

“I see her for what she is. You guys just feel bad because she’s a fan, I see her true beauty, which is why I see her ugliness. You guys are just as blind as Nick.”

“Listen here, Alex,” growled Kevin. “If you want the band to die then fine, fuck you. Don’t come with us tonight, but if you give a damn suck it up and just help us out here. We’re brothers and I think it’s time for us to act like it. Down the road I think somewhere we lost that.”

AJ just rolled his eyes, “Whatever. I’ll do what I have to do…for the band. I don’t give a fuck about Nick or his little whore.” He then got up and left the hotel room, slamming the door shut.

Howie ran his hands through his brown curls, “He’s gonna fuck everything up.”

“Yep,” replied Brian, as he inhaled deeply. He then looked up at his cousin, “What are we gonna do about him?”

Kevin just shook his head, “I don’t even know. All I know is if we don’t get our act in gear, we’ll never get Nick back…and then there goes our careers along with AJ’s.”

“I really wish I knew what it was about this girl that makes AJ turn into such a dick,” wondered Howie out loud.

“I think that’s something we all wished we knew,” said Brian. “I mean, the girl isn’t that bad looking, so it can’t be about her looks…there’s more to…a lot more. He’s hiding something.”

“AJ’s just a shallow asshole,” answered Kevin.



AJ decided to go down to a nearby bar. He was feeling pissed off that the guys were jumping all over him. Yeah, he knew he had to get his act together and stop acting like a douche, but he couldn’t help it. Here he was once again, drinking at a bar all alone. Nick used to be his companion when it came to bars and clubs, but since he started to date that whore, he’d been alone. It was eating him up inside. His best buddy left him for a girl…he was ignoring everyone for that bitch. How was he supposed to take that? He had nobody now. Sure he had the other guys, but they’d never understand him, not like how Nick did. Kevin sent him to rehab last time he told him personal stuff and sure he he’s glad it happened the way it did. After he was finished with all that shit, he was thankful; he didn’t want to end down that road. He didn't do drugs anymore, but he still drank and drinking alone was so depressing. He sighed as he thought about laughing with Nick and hooking up with girls. Those were the days. What did he have now? Nothing. His depression was hitting overdrive because of it. He lost his girlfriend, because he couldn’t keep his dick in his pants, he was angry. Maybe this girl Nick was dating wasn’t all that bad, he was just angry and she seemed like a good target to let all his anger out on. Although, it probably coasted him one of his best friends. All AJ wanted Nick to do was ditch the bitch so things could go back to the way they were…he’d do anything to have his drinking buddy back…to have things the way they used to be...to have the Backstreet Boys back. As he took another shot of tequila he felt more thoughts running in and out of his mind…what was the matter with him? He felt like a woman that was having mood swings. He wanted to like the girl Nick was dating, but he wanted to hate her too. Fuck it, he would never accept her. She took his best buddy away, there’s no way in hell he’s going to act all friendly towards her all because the others guys want him to. He was not a fake and he was going to speak his mind when he saw her. If this girl is more important to Nick than his friends that he’s known most of his life then fuck him! This girl was the cause of their friendship crumbling and when he saw her tonight nothing was going to hold him back from making her see what she had ruined. There shall be hell to pay.