- Text Size +
~ Chapter 24 ~



Kimberly was looking in the mirror, fixing up her hair that escaped from the white headband. The strands that spurted out framed her face and even curled. She looked down at the baby blue sundress, it hugged her curves nicely and flowed out from her hips. She felt arms wrap around her and she saw Nick in her reflection. She smiled into the mirror. What a perfect picture this would have made. Nick was wearing just blue jeans and a white wife beater with a black open shirt over it. She closed her eyes and inhaled his sent, it drive her wild. His blonde hair was ruffled and shaggy and how she loved it when it looked like that.

She glanced up at him and smiled, he returned the smile and his lips met with hers. “What time is it?” She wondered.

“Only quarter of five.”

After the shower…the long shower they decided to plop on the couch and watch a movie that was on. She was a bit worn out from the shower to want to do anything. There wasn’t much cleaning involved with that one. Sure he washed her back and she got to wash her hair and that kind of thing, but most of the time he pinned her against the wall and made such passionate love to her. Her screams were so loud, she was surprised at herself. The way Nick would thrust inside of her as his fingers played with her clit. She lost count on how many times she got off. The way Nick would leave kisses on her neck and to her shoulder sent her to the edge. She had never been so in love with anyone before and she had never been treated so well before either. She was probably the happiest woman on the face of the Earth.

“Hmm, what do you want to do until six?” She asked, looking up into his blue eyes.

“Well, it takes about half an hour to get there. Want to head out and maybe have a few drinks before they show up?” He suggested.

She smiled, “Yeah, okay. I’m down with that.” Kimberly walked over towards the kitchen and grabbed her small purple purse. Nick then grabbed hold of her hand and they left the house and went into the car. She was feeling so happy, she knew nothing could possibly ruin this feeling. She had everything she could ever want in life. She had an amazing boyfriend, she had the best friends in the world and best of all Laura was finally out of her life. The only thing that was missing was a job, but once she had that piece of the puzzle then she would be complete.


“Okay, so we’re meeting them at six,” Angel told Kevin on the phone as she and Benny drove towards the pub.

“What time should we show up?” He asked.

“Get there a little after us, so they don’t suspect this was planned out. Let them think it was a big coincidence.”

“Okay, we’ll leave in about half an hour then. It’s only ten minutes from the hotel anyway.”

“Okay, good,” she replied. “We’ll see you soon.” With that she hung up her phone and put it back in her purse. She looked at Benny and saw him shake his head in disapprove. That bothered her, “What?” She demanded.

“I just think this is gonna blow up in our face…I mean do you really want Nick hating you because of this little stunt?”

“First of all Nick would never hate me, I’m his sister. He loves me and he knows I’m only doing this for his own good. Second of all, I’m doing this for him. I like Kim and I have nothing against her…anymore, but I think she may be clouding his choices. He needs to see the truth, he needs to get back with the Backstreet Boys. All the boys are gonna be on their best behavior.”

“Even AJ?” Questioned Benny with a raised eyebrow.

“I hope so,” she softly said, with a small sigh.


Kimberly and Nick entered the pub and they walked over towards the bar. Nick ordered a Budwiser and Kimberly ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri. As they were sitting there and talking among their selves, a fan spotted him and she and her two friends hesitantly walked up to him. They just started small talk, they would weakly smile at Kimberly and one of them even started talking to her. And when they asked Nick if she was his girlfriend he proudly admitted yes. That sent chills up and down her spin. She knew how fans were though; she knew some would love nothing more than to slice her throat. She was a fan once and she knew how girls could become vicious. Poor Willa Ford. She had so many hate sites and girls threatening to kill her, it was terrible. Kimberly knew she had to be strong if that ever happened to her. She loved Nick and she wanted to be with him. Unfortunately he was in the spotlight and because of that she would be thrown into that too. But she loved being with him, he made her smile, she knew she would have to deal if she wanted to stay with him. Kimberly was lucky, because these girls were nice. They even asked her for her picture, she was more than welcoming for that. They even had a waiter take a group picture of them all. It was nice…she was feeling accepted. Accepted by his fans and that was the hardest thing to do when you were dating someone in his stature. Soon they had to go and they gave Kimberly a hug, along with Nick. Nick was great with them, being very talkative. He was great with them and that made Kimberly smile. Seeing how happy he made those girls made him look even more appealing to her…was that even possible?

“They were nice,” Kimberly said as she took a sip of her sweet drink.

He nodded, “Yeah, they were. I love when my fans are nice to the girl I’m with. It’s fans that think I’m gonna break up with a girlfriend to be with them is what pisses me off. So annoying!”

“Well lucky for me those girls weren’t like that.”

“Lucky for me too,” confessed Nick.

“Oh? Why lucky for you?”

“How would it look if I told a fan off? I once called a girl a whore because she wouldn’t leave me alone. Security had to escort her out. I got a lot of hate from that girl and her friends. It only takes one girl to ruin everything. I got a bad name for being mean to my fans. Thankfully I still have my loyal ones.”

“Yeah, I don’t think you have much to worry about,” she said, with a small smile.

He smiled, “Yeah, I don’t think so either.” Nick leaned over and kissed her, “I love you, Baby Angel.”

She smiled shyly and blushed, “I love you too.”

“You guys are here early,” Angel’s voice filled the area.

Nick pulled away from his girlfriend and he looked at his sister and shrugged, “We decided to have a few drinks before you got here.”

She raised one of her thin brown eyebrows, “Are you implying that you need to be drunk to be around me?”

Kimberly giggled, “No. We just had nothing else to do, so we decided to head over here earlier.”

“So who’s hungry?” She wondered.

“I’m starving,” said Benny.

“I’m pretty hungry too,” admitted Kimberly.

Nick nodded, “Yeah, I can eat…” he then looked at his girlfriend and raised both of his eyebrows. She laughed and hit him on the arm.

“Ew, ew, ew!!!” Screeched Angel, “God, not in public…please!!! You’ve done that once at Disney Land, I don’t think you need to do it again. That’s what they made bedrooms for!”

Nick laughed at his sister and they got up and sat at a table and waited for a waiter. As they waited they began to talk. Angel was talking to Kimberly about her moving in with Nick and she could tell from the tone of Angel’s voice how she didn’t really approve of this choice.

“What are you so worried about?” Demanded Nick, as the roughness showed in his velvet voice.

“You know how Angel is,” said Benny. “She loves to worry.”

She shot her boyfriend a hard glare and then back to her brother, “Well yeah, I do worry. But it’s good that I do. I mean what about work and stuff?”

“I’m looking for a job,” Kimberly told her. “I’m not the type to sponge off people. If my boss wasn’t such a dick I would still be there.”

“Why don’t you sue him?” Wondered Benny, “I mean you could get some big bucks outta a law suit like that.”

Nick could see the distress upon Kimberly’s face, “Can we just drop it?!?” He ordered, “She’s living with me, end of story. I don’t need anyone’s approval.” He then wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer towards him and kissed her on the temple, “I love being around her. She brings out the better of me…I thought I lost that part of me. But it was just hidden.”

Kimberly looked at him and smirked, “I’m glad I could help you find it again.” She then leaned over and hugged him. He brushed his lips upon hers, “I love you,” she whispered when they pulled away.

He smiled at her, “I love you too, Baby Angel.”

Moments later a waiter walked over to them and asked what they wanted to order. Kimberly ordered some pasta with a side salad. Nick ordered a cheeseburger, Angel and Benny both ordered a chicken dinner.

“Your order will be right up,” he said, smiling friendly at the crew. He then walked away to give the cook their orders.


Kevin ran his hands through his dark hair frustratingly and glared at AJ with sharp green eyes, “Isn’t this why you went to rehab?!?” He snapped, “So you stopped pulling this shit?”

He just rolled his brown glassy eyes, “No, I went for drugs. Drinking isn’t gonna kill me so get off my fucking case. I just needed a few drinks…you were driving me up the fucking wall!”

“What are you Nick now?” He asked raising one of his bushy eyebrows, “This is why we’re in this mess in the first place. Because Nick always left to see that girl because we were getting on his nerves.”

“Don’t compare me to that bastard. I don’t walk off in the middle of a meeting! I know my responsibilities.”

“Well right now one of your responsibilities was to stay sober so we could go to the pub to try to talk to Nick about coming back. We wanted to show him that we miss him and that we can accept his new girlfriend,” Brian explained.

“Speak for yourself,” he mumbled underneath his breath.

Howie looked up at AJ with wide chocolate eyes, “AJ, you need to get off this. Yeah, you don’t like her. But because of your actions towards her we’re so close on losing Nick and losing him means losing the Backstreet Boys too.”

“I’m getting fuck and sick of this God damn lecture! I’m not a fucking child. Who do you think you are, my mom?”

“If you stopped acting like one, then maybe there would be no need of giving you one,” growled Kevin. “I swear to God Alex, if you fuck this up…I will never forgive you.”

“Is that supposed to be some sort of threat?” He asked with a tone of sarcasm in his voice and a small curve formed around his lips.

Brian shook his head in disgrace, “Please, AJ,” he pleaded. “Just for one hour if that, be nice to her. It’s not her fault Nick dropped his responsibilities.”

AJ just rolled his eyes, “Whatever,” he mumbled. “I don’t feel like getting into this again. I don’t know how you can’t see that she’s the reason. But whatever, what do I know?” He hissed under his breath.

Howie shook his head. He knew that this night would not end well…not at all. Not if AJ kept this attitude up. Fear was eating him up inside, fear that the Backstreet Boys would be done for good…fear of losing his little brother. He loved Nick and he hated how things were. He wanted to fix them, but how could he? He and AJ did nothing but buttheads.

“Finally,” muttered AJ as he got out of the black SUV.

“You better be on your best behavior,” warned Kevin’s thick voice.

There he went again, ordering him to act a certain way. That pissed him off almost as bad as Nick when he decided to ditch him for that whore. “I think I’m capable of making my own decisions,” he growled before storming inside the pub.

Brian let out a loud sigh before looking up at his cousin, “What are we going to do about him? He’s going to mess everything up.”

Howie nodded, “I know. I really wish I knew what it was about Nick’s girlfriend that turns AJ into a total dick.”

“He’s jealous,” answered Kevin. “It’s obvious. He sees how all of us are happy with our girls and Nick was the only one that was single like him. Now that he’s involved with Kim he hates her because of it.”

Brian raised an eyebrow, “How can you tell?” He asked, with pure curiosity in his voice.

“I’ve been around him long enough to see when he’s jealous. Remember when you started dating Leighanne? AJ was the biggest prick towards you because he had a thing for her.”

Brian thought for a moment as he remembered what an ass he was to him the night he and Leighanne had a date. He looked up at Kevin stupefied, “Shit…you’re right!

Howie sighed, “Well, we better get in there before AJ starts something.”

Kevin agreed and the three of them walked inside and luckily it was pretty dim inside the building. Nick probably didn’t even see AJ walk in…at least he prayed. They found AJ hitting on some waitress near the bar. She was flirting back and smiling shyly at him. She looked far too innocent for his type, but knowing AJ as long as she was over eighteen he was up for anything.

Kevin walked over towards him and smiled at the girl, “Hey AJ, we’re getting our table.”

“Oh My God,” said the girl in shock. “Kevin!” She walked over to him and hugged him, “How are you? Is the whole band here?”

She was a fan…AJ was hitting on a fan and yet he was giving Nick grief?!? Kevin shot him a hard look, but he just ignored it. “Uh, yeah,” he answered smiling at the pretty red head staring up at him.

“I heard Nick was sick,” she continued. “Is he feeling better? I’m so excited you’re here!” She hugged him again, “Are Brian and Howie here too? Oh My God, it would make my life if I could get a picture with you guys.”

“I don’t see the harm in that,” said AJ with a flirtatious smile. “Where are the others?” Kevin glared at AJ with his hard green eyes, but AJ chose to ignore his warning stare and he smiled at the girl. “Ah, I see them,” he said, in his sweet voice. “They’re over by the door. You coming, Kev?” Fakeness reeked all through his voice and Kevin wondered if the girl could sense it, but from her body language, it looked as though she couldn’t. She was so thrilled by the fact that her favorite band was in her work.

Kevin groaned. He skimmed the room and that was where he spotted Nick. He had his arm around his girlfriend’s shoulder. They were sitting with Angel and Benny; laughing. He had never seen him so happy. He watched as he leaned over to kiss the girl next to him. She hugged him and rested her head on his shoulder. He could see how much they cared for one another. He knew there was no way he’d choose the band over her…not if AJ kept on treating her like she was the most disgusting person on the planet. Kevin knew if he were in Nick’s shoes he would act the same way. He almost was proud of him for sticking up for the woman he loves in such a way, but he also knew how stupid it was at the same time.
“You coming?!?” AJ’s nagging voice broke through his thoughts.

He nodded, “Yeah.” He then walked over towards the guys. The girl was excited; she took out her cell phone and used that as a camera. They took about three different pictures. She got a solo one with AJ, since that looked like who was her favorite and he used that to his advantage. He got her phone number and had a date for when she got off work that night around two in the morning.

Finally after it seemed like forever she had to get back to work before she got in trouble. Another girl came over and escorted them to their table. As they walked towards it, they went in the same area as Nick. He and Angel were talking about some sort of story about Aaron. Kimberly’s eyes shifted towards the guys and she saw the nasty glare AJ had given her and quickly turned her attention to her drink.

Nick looked at her, “What’s wrong, Baby Angel?” He asked when he noticed her reaction.

She shook her head, “Noth-nothing.” She then looked up at him and faked a smile, “I just got something in my throat.”

He could see from her green eyes that she was lying and looked as though they started to swell. He glanced up and that was when he saw them. His former brothers. He saw the hard look AJ had on his face, but once Nick shot at him he immediately turned away. “What the fuck are they doing here?” He growled.

Angel looked up at the boys and shook her head in disgust. She saw perfectly the look AJ had given Kimberly. She then looked at her brother and shrugged, “I haven’t gotten a clue.”

“Come on Baby Angel, let’s get out of here.”

Angel looked at him alarmed, “What? Oh come on, don’t leave. Not because of him them! That’s so stupid. We came here to have a double date now let’s have that. Let’s just pretend that they’re not here. That’s all.”

Kimberly nodded, “Your sister’s right. I mean it’s silly to leave because of them. Plus, I’m not done eating,” she said with half a smile as she took a bite of her dinner.

Nick sighed, “Okay, fine.” He too was still hungry and hadn’t finished his dinner yet.

Benny knew something was going to happen. He knew that this would blow up in their face and he could tell that AJ was just a ticking time bomb.


“Smooth, real smooth,” scolded Kevin, once they all sat down. “What the hell was up with that?”

“Up with what?” Demanded AJ, “Look, I don’t like the girl. I told you this.”

“You promised to be on your best behavior,” reminded Howie.

“No, I recall Kevin telling me I better be on my best behavior. I never actually said I’d agree,” he said, with a smug smile.

Brian just shook his head in annoyance, “What’s the point?” He asked above a whisper, “He’s gonna fuck everything up anyway.”

AJ looked at him angry, “Excuse me?”

“Look at what you just pulled! It’s so childish and immature, Alex. When are you going to grow up? Look, I’m sorry you feel she took your single buddy away, but you know what? Life moves on, people grow up. Learn from it and grow the fuck up! Life isn’t about sleeping with whores and getting trashed every night.”

Kevin and Howie both looked at Brian in disbelief, “Damn, Bri,” coughed out Kevin, with a half-smile. “Well said.”

“Fuck you!” He shouted, “Fuck all of you!” He then shoved the table and stormed down the corridor and outside of the pub. Who the hell did those jerks think they were talking to him like that? He pulled out one of his cigarettes and put it to his lips. Once it was lit he inhaled deeply. It was that fucking slut’s fault. She even got to the guys. What was this bitch’s problem? Brian never had ever spoken to him like that ever. What was his deal? Immature? He was far from immature. He didn’t bail out just to get laid. Nick was blinded by her and now the other guys were too. She was going to be the cause of the band’s permit break up and he knew it.


“Oh man, that was so good,” said Kimberly, once she pushed her plate away. “I’m so full now.”

“That was defiantly filling,” replied Nick. He then leaned over and put his lips to Kimberly’s ear, “I hope you have room for desert though…I know I’m pretty anxious to have some.”

She laughed, “Nick, I swear.”

“What?” He asked with an innocent smile.

“Do you take batteries or something?”

Angel busted out laughing. She then glanced over towards the other guys and saw that AJ was nowhere to be found. She lipped Kevin, Where’s AJ? And he just shook his head. Maybe this was a good thing that he wasn’t there. That would mean that Nick could talk to them without AJ being a complete dick towards his girlfriend. This was good, real good.

“I shouldn’t have drank so much,” said Kimberly with a small laugh. “My bladder wants to implode. Bathroom break for me.”

“Okay, babe,” said Nick. He kissed her before she got up and walked down the corridor in search of the bathroom.

This was the most perfect opportunity for Angel to talk to her brother about the guys. “So Nick…” she began.

“So Angel?” He asked, as he took a sip of his beer.

“Since the guys are here and all….maybe you should talk to them.”

He put his drink down and stared at her right in the eye, “Are you kidding me? No fucking way. I mean, did you see the way AJ was staring at Kim? Like he wanted to rip her face off. And you know what? I was so close on talking to them too…like caving in and setting something up. Almost like I missed the guys or something.”

“They’ve been in your life for a long time,” added Benny.

Nick nodded, “Yeah, I know…but seeing how he was it reminds me of why I left in the first place.”

“Because he was being mean to Kim?” Questioned Angel, whom did not like that answer at all.

He shrugged, “Yeah. And other things. Like how they treated me. I’m not a child anymore and I’m fucking sick of them acting like I am.”

“Tell them that,” urged Benny. “I mean I know you love Kim, she’s a great girl, but do you want to ruin your whole career on that? Because one of the members doesn’t like your girlfriend? There had to have been a time where you didn’t like one of their girlfriends.”

“Sure, but I was never mean to her face. I just can’t stand her being in pain.” He shrugged again, “I don’t know what it is about her, but I love her so much and all I want to do is make her so happy. I’m happy if she’s happy, if that makes sense.”

He nodded, “Of course. I know that feeling,” he said, as he took Angel’s hand in his.

“And when I saw how upset she was just from AJ’s stare, it pissed me off. What’s gonna happen if I work things out with the guys? Am I going to have to deal with her being upset all the time, because AJ hates her?” He shook his head, “I just can’t. That’ll kill me. He can’t accept me being with her, I know that and I don’t need his approval. But I will not have him causing her to cry because he called her I don’t know say ugly or something. That’s just fucked up. I’d be miserable first of all and I know I can make it solo. Last time I did solo I did well.”

Angel raised an eyebrow, “Really, Nick?” Her voice not sounding convinced.

“Not in the states but in other countries.”

She let out a sigh in defeat, “So what are you saying? You never want to make peace with the guys?”

He shrugged, “I honestly don’t know.” He glanced over to the his former band members and wondered where AJ was. They defiantly did not look at all happy. It made him curious to know what was going on...why did they look so pissed off?