- Text Size +
~ Chapter 34 ~



Kimberly walked into work the next morning feeling like a complete zombie. She overslept; the music she put on last night drowned out the ringing to her alarm clock. She quickly put her hair up in half a pony tail and barely had any time to do her make up. She only put on some cover girl and lip gloss. She was supposed to be there for seven and it was already eight-thirty. She felt horrible, she hated being late. She kept on apologizing, but thankfully her manager was very understanding. She wasn’t even supposed to be working anyway. She was taking someone else’s shift. Megan called her a few days earlier and asked if she could cover for her. She didn’t know much about her, but she seemed like a really sweet person. She hung out with Ashley a lot. Kimberly worked so much she barely had time for herself, let alone time with her friends.



“Damn, Kim,” said her co-worker Carrie. “Rough night?” She asked, with a raised eyebrow.

Kimberly sat down at her desk and slowly shook her head, “I couldn’t sleep…” she paused, “Ashley’s boyfriend is in town for a little bit.”

She laughed, “Oh…okay. I got ya. Way to go, Ash.”

“Yeah, way to go,” she mumbled, turning her head. She then cleared her throat, “But I need to get organized. Catch you at lunch or something.”

Carrie nodded and walked away and over to her desk. Kimberly let out a loud sigh, she hated that she said yes to doing another double. She was barely working on five hours of sleep. She glanced at the clock, only twelve hours to go, she groaned to herself.


As the day pressed it, she was slowly starting to wake up thanks to her delicious coffee coolatta. Starbucks wasn’t nearly as good as Dunkin Donuts so she praised Carrie when she said she was going to Coffee Bean. That was the only place she liked to go to for her caffeine. It was a slow day, which was making the shift feel longer than she would have liked. She opened a few new checking accounts and even made a few loans. She was impressed with herself, she loved how Rebecca trusted her enough to give her that kind of authorization. Most tellers weren’t allowed to give out any loans, but since Rebecca wanted her to train as assistant manager she gave her permission. Working at a bank for her career. She never thought of that kind of profession, but she liked the ring to it. It was better than cashiering at a register for the rest of her life. She then heard a squeaky voice and she looked up to see Megan come in. She was grabbing her paycheck. She spotted Kimberly and walked over and thanked her again for covering for her.

She kindly smiled and looked up at her, “It’s no problem at all. Gives me something to do. Plus, I’m sure you would have done the same thing for me.”

Megan smiled and embraced her into a hug, “You’re such an awesome person!”

Kimberly softly laughed, “Thanks. I try.”

“So anything exciting happening here today?” She asked with a bright smile.

Kimberly softly chuckled, “Uh, look around.” She then laughed, “Should there be something exciting happening?” She wondered as she studied Megan’s face a little curious about her question and facial expression.

She quickly composed her face and shook her head, “Nope. Was just asking to see if I was missing anything.” She then laughed, “Well, I gotta get going. Johnny is taking me to this restaurant I never even heard of. Gotta love good boyfriends.” Megan wanted to bite her tongue when she saw the sad expression come over Kimberly’s face, “Uh, well I gotta go. I hope the rest of the shift goes by fast for you.”

Kimberly tried to ignore the throbbing in her chest and forced a smile across her face, “Thanks, me too.”

After Megan stopped in, the day seemed to drag. Nick was now the only thought in her mind. Wasn’t that the reason why she wanted to take this shift in the first place? She wanted to try so hard to block him…to block the image of his face. Nothing seemed to work. Each hour that passed felt like a decade. When she looked up at the clock for what seemed like the tenth time, she saw that she only had half an hour left. Finally the end of the shift was slowly coming to a close. She figured she might as well finish her paper work, that way it would take up most of her time and she could leave.



A blonde man walked into the bank and suddenly girls gasped and all eyes were on him. He kindly smiled to them, thankfully they were professional enough to stay behind their desks. He didn’t want anyone to ruin this moment. He glanced around the large room until he spotted her. She had her head down doing paper work. His heart went out as he watched her push her hair behind her ears. Her highlighted hair really brought out her eyes. He loved it on her, hell he loved everything on her. He slowly began to approach her desk, feeling his nerves going into a frenzy.



As Kimberly was scribbling down all the information she needed she heard the gasps. Her heart then went into her throat, were they getting robbed? Did she even want to look up? She then felt someone standing in front of her desk. Was this the robber? Was he pointing a gun to her head? Was he going to shoot her? Didn’t he see that she wasn’t working with money?

She put the pen down and tried to contain herself from trembling in fear. She slowly looked up and that was when she was met with a pair of blue eyes. She felt her whole body going into convulsions; she couldn’t control her breathing and she was quivering like she was in an earthquake. Was this real? Was it actually happening? Was Nick really standing in front of her? Or was this just another dream? There was no sign of Laura so it must not have been a dream. He just stared at her as she racked her mind with thoughts. His eyes were full with so much pain, even a blind man would be able to see. She saw he must have not shaved since they parted their ways, for he had scruffles all along his jawline. His blonde hair was brushed back, but a few strands still managed to fall into his eyes. Oh how he still made her heart skip a beat.

He swallowed hard, “Hey…hey, Kim,” his scratchy voice hit her ears.

His voice so broken she didn’t know how to comprehend. She was afraid to even speak, she knew once she opened her mouth it would sound even worse than his. Broken beyond repair. She refused to let him see her cry. She wouldn’t…she couldn’t! She grabbed the pen on her desk and dropped her eyes to the paper that was in front of her and began to scrawl on it. She took a deep breath, praying her emotions were in check, “Did…did you want something?” Her voice didn’t sound cracked, just terribly rickety.

The fact that she wouldn’t look him in the face killed him. He swallowed the lump that formed in his throat, “I-I had to see you again, Baby Angel.”

Kimberly felt like her heart was slowly being torn apart. That nickname got her every time. She couldn’t deal with this…not right now…not at her job. “I’m at work…” she whispered, trying so hard to speak without breaking down. “You should…you should go.” She felt her bottom lip tremble and she immediately closed her eyes to avoid the tears from flushing out. One managed to escape and drip down on the form.

Nick looked at her pained, but he was not going to give up. “I’ll wait until your shift is over,” he promised. “Just don’t turn me away.”


Rebecca saw the terrible state she was in and walked over towards Kimberly’s desk, “Kim, why don’t you just leave?” Asked her manager, “You only have fifteen minutes left of your shift. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said in her warm voice.

Kimberly didn’t want to look up, she didn’t want the tears to spill from her eyes. She just silently stood up and as quickly as she could, she walked into the bathroom. She locked the door behind her and that was when she let the tears pour down her face. She sobbed like she had never sobbed before. Oh how she missed him, she just wanted to pull him in her arms and hold him so tight. But the pain she was feeling was almost unbearable, she didn’t know how to handle it. He betrayed her in the worst way he could…how could she possibly let that slide?


Nick waited outside of the bathroom door and he could feel his heart slowly starting to shrivel as he heard the drowned out cries. He closed his eyes tight and tried to contain his emotions, he was causing her so much pain. How could he make it go away? How was he going to make things go back like they used to be? The door then opened and once again they were met face to face. Her eyes were blood shot and her face was wet. She must have splashed water into her face. All he wanted to do was hold her in his arms and try to do everything to make this pain of hers stop. But how could he when was the cause of it?

Kimberly looked into his warm eyes and saw how much love and concern he had…she didn’t know how to handle it. Why did he care so much? How could he care so much when he could go off and have sex with Laura? Why didn’t he care then?!? She then felt everyone’s eyes on her. A few employees asked if she was alright and she just nodded. That was when everyone was giving Nick the death stare. No longer did he have girls lusting after him…it almost looked like they wanted nothing more than to rip him limb from limb. Not that he blamed them though. He was happy to know Kimberly worked with such caring people.

They both walked outside and to the parking lot. Kimberly was walking much faster, almost like she was trying to escape him. He couldn’t let her get away…did she not even want to try to work things out? It had only been a week, but each day without her felt like an eternally. She walked over to her car and tried to put the key in the lock, but Nick grabbed her wrist, “Kim, please,” his voice gentle. “Just talk to me.”

She was then forced to look at him with her sore eyes, “And say what, Nick? What do you want me to say? Huh?” Her voice was nothing but bitter, “What the hell are you even doing here in the first place? Ashley told me that Ray came here alone. Are you here to torment me some more? If that’s the case, well it’s working!”

Nick’s eyes began to sting from her harsh words, “First of all,” he began. “Ashley knew I was here, she just didn’t want me seeing you. I begged her…fucking begged her if I could talk to you. She refused. So she lied to you, Kim. And torment you? The last thing I would ever want to do is cause you pain.”

Knowing that Ashley had lied to her really irked her. Why would she lie? She knew that she was only probably looking out for her, but still she shouldn’t have lied. She had a right to know. Kimberly looked up at him with tears overflowing her eyes, “If that’s the case then you wouldn’t have fucked Laura!” She yelled.

People in the parking lot were turning and looking at them, “Could we please go somewhere private to talk about this?” He pleaded.

“What is there to talk about, Nick?”

That was when she saw the small drops roll down his cheek and seeing him cry never was more painful, “Everything, Baby Angel.” There was the name again…it still made her heart flutter, “You can just listen and I’ll do the talking…just please, Kim?”

Why couldn’t she just turn him away? What he did was unforgivable. Why couldn’t she just tell him to get out of her face? Maybe it was the heart wrenching look in his eyes. She knew he was still in love with her and she was in love with him. Oh how she loved him so much. It was like a curse. Why couldn’t she just get over him? Because the pounding in her chest wouldn’t allow it…she craved his touch…she craved his love. “Fine, we can talk,” she finally said through her low voice.

Hope flared up in Nick’s eyes, “Where do you want to go?” He asked, trying to hide the smile that slowly was threatening his lips.

She shrugged, “I don’t know.” She was silent for a few moments, “I guess we can go to my place.”

He nodded, “Sounds like a plan.” It sounded like a great plan! Being alone with her in her apartment would be just what they needed. He could talk to her; really talk to her about everything. Most importantly no one was going to corrupt her mind by telling her not to work things out. He understood where Ashley was coming from, but this was not her place. He wanted Kimberly to make her own decisions about him. If she said fuck you, I want nothing more to do with you he would understand. He could cry like a little bitch, but he would take it. But he had a feeling maybe Ashley was inputting thoughts in her head…thoughts about him. Yeah he was an asshole, he was scrum. It was all the truth, but this scumbag knows he made a mistake and wanted to do everything and anything possible to make it up to her. He would crawl over broken glass, walk across hot coals. He would do it all just to get her back in his life…get things back to how they were before.

“Well, come on.”

The coolness of her voice disturbed him, he wondered if she even wanted to fix things. He couldn’t think like that, he had to get her back. He couldn’t take no for an answer, he just couldn’t. He got in on the passenger’s side. He tried to make small talk, but Kimberly barely even looked at him. Her eyes were to the road and both hands were on the wheel. Nick could feel paranoia fill up inside of him…was his heart going to shatter all over again? Did he really want to put himself through another torture chamber by trying to crawl back into her heart? He was starting to feel uneasy. No, he would not let the fear of rejection stop him from giving up on the woman he loved.

After about twenty minutes of silence, Kimberly finally pulled into her driveway. Nick thought he was going to go mad from the tension. He hated that she wouldn’t talk to him, not the way she used to. He hated the one worded answers. He saw that there was another car in the driveway and he silently groaned, he knew that must have been Ashley’s car.

“Well, this going to be fun,” he muttered as he got out of the car.

Kimberly snapped her head back and shot a pained look. Her green eyes once more flooded with tears, “Excuse me?!?” The hurt showed perfectly in her voice, “You know what, I’m thinking the same exact thing.” She shook her head angrily, “This was probably a bad idea.” She let out heavy sigh as she said, “Maybe…maybe you should just go.” She didn’t expect those words to be so painful; she felt the ache all in her chest as her heart began to bleed out.

Nick looked at her terrified by the hostility in her voice. He then felt his throat closing up. No he didn’t mean that about her…he meant it about Ashley. Fuck! “I-I wasn’t talking about us, Kim,” his voice just above a whisper.

Kimberly saw the hurt look in his eyes and the pain in his voice. She suddenly felt horrible for saying what did and how she said it, “What were you talking about then?” She asked in a kinder tone.

“Ashley,” he answered, as he dropped his head and began to slowly walk over towards the apartment. “She’s going to throw a fit when she sees me walk in there with you.”

She chewed on her bottom lip, trying to hide the tears that stung her eyes. She hated how she upset him so badly…but the pain he was in was nothing compared to kind he put her through. She cleared her throat, “Don’t go worrying about Ashley, Nick. I’m a big girl, I can make my own choices.” He just silently nodded and she could see he was still worked up from her previous comments and she let out a sigh, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t mean it the way it came out.”

He looked at her with his saddened eyes, “Yes, you did.” He made a small exhale, “But I can’t blame you. Come on, let’s go inside.”

Kimberly nodded. She went in front of him and led the way to the front door. She walked in and thankfully Ashley was nowhere to be seen. She didn’t care either way; it was Nick whom was uptight about it. “Well, my room is right down this hall,” she told him, walking through the apartment.

They then heard giggling and moments later Ashley and Ray walked out of their bedroom. She had her purse in her hand and it looked as though they were about to head out. Once she caught a glimpse of Nick she stopped dead in her tracks, “What the hell do you think you’re doing here?” She growled.

He looked at her annoyed and calmly answered, “To see Kim. Why else?”

“Well, I think you need to get the hell out of my apartment right now before I escort you out!”

“Ashley,” whispered Ray. “Kim’s here, let her deal with him.” He looked up at Nick apologetically. Nick shrugged, not at all concerned about Ray. It was his girlfriend that was pissing him off.

“Excuse me!” Snapped Kimberly, “But I believe this is my apartment too, is it not?”

Ashley looked at her and sighed, “Yes Kim, but I just don’t want him here. I mean look what he did to you!”

“I brought him here, so I think I should be the one to tell him he has to leave.” She then glared at her, “And what the hell, Ash? I asked you last night if Nick was here with Ray and you told me no. Why did you lie to me? Didn’t you think I had a right to know?!?”

Ray knew this was going to happen, why couldn’t Ashley just back out of the situation and let Nick and Kimberly just deal with it like adults? Lately Ashley was reminding him so much of Angel, Nick’s sister. He knew where her heart was and yeah, it was in the right place. But the situation was not hers to take control of and she had to learn to understand that.

Ashley suddenly felt like she was only an inch tall. She should have listened to Ray, but she was so terrified of Nick hurting Kimberly again. She was doing what she had to do, “I was trying to protect you,” she mumbled as she looked to the hardwood floor. She then looked up at Kimberly’s angry green eyes, “I didn’t want him hurting you again. I hated seeing you go through so much pain.”

Kimberly understood why she tried to shield her from the information about Nick being in California and she couldn’t be angry at her for that. That is what a true friend would do…hell she would probably do the exact same thing for her if it were Ray that hurt her. Laura wouldn’t give a damn. She would end up making some sort of lie that he was caught making out with some chick just to see the hurt expression on her face. Kimberly was truly blessed to have such an amazing person in her life like Ashley. “I know Ash, and I love you for that. But you can’t keep stuff like this from me. I’m a big girl and I can fight my own battles. I don’t need my best friend beating up all the bullies just so I won’t get picked on.”

She half smiled and was so thankful that she wasn’t extremely mad at her, “I can’t help it sometimes. You know I love you.”

Kimberly smiled, “I know. I love you too.” She then hugged her friend, “But listen I really wanna talk to Nick about some things.”

“That’s fine…Ray and I were heading out anyway.” She looked at Nick and she began to feel a little bad. She put her hand on his arm, “Don’t take it personal it’s just she’s my girl, ya know?”

He looked at her and nodded and a half smile formed around his lips, “I know, Ash. I’m really glad she has someone that looks out for her.”

She returned the smile, “That’s what I’m here for. Well maybe I’ll see you later.” She looked at Ray, “Ready, babe?”

He nodded, “Yeah.” Feeling relief that the tension between his girlfriend and best friend was gone. He just hoped that Kimberly and him could now work things out…he prayed they would. Ray and Ashley then left the apartment.

Nick and Kimberly both walked into the bedroom sitting down on the bed. Neither one of them even knew what to say. Where could they begin? The tension filling up the room was so thick not even a knife would be able to cut through. Nick exhaled deeply before looking at Kimberly, only to see her looking down at her feet; avoiding all possible eye contact. He could feel his stomach go into his throat and his heart beating so loudly it sounded like drums in his ears. He was racking his mind with thoughts…he was trying to figure out how he should begin, but his nerves were so shot, he almost forgot how to speak. And before he could get his voice back, Kimberly’s broke through his ears.

“So…what did you walk to talk about?” Her voice was distance and she didn’t even lift her head to look at him while she spoke.

He suddenly began to feel nauseous, how could she sound so bitter? Did she not even want to be there? Did she not want to work things out? He knew she missed him, he could see it…he could hear it in her cracked voice. “I-I miss you,” he hoarsely said. It was the only thought that came to his mind, he did miss her. Missed her more than she could even comprehend. She was everything to him and without her, he was nothing.

She could feel the tears building up in her eyes, “I miss you too,” she whispered, glancing up at him. She was trying so hard to hold back her emotions. Could he not see how difficult this was on her? He was sitting there, not even inches away from her, but yet so far away. It killed her knowing she couldn’t just pull him in her arms and ravishly kiss him…tell him repeatedly that she loved him. But whenever she closed her eyes it was always Laura she saw him with now.

Nick caught her glance and once their eyes met she immediately looked away. She wasn’t quick enough, he saw those tears. He felt a small ounce of hope fill up inside of him. She may have wanted to lie and say that she no longer loved him and was done with him, but those eyes…in those beautiful eyes he saw nothing but love. Love she had for him, “God, Baby Angel.” She felt herself shutter. How she longed to hear him call her that…how she longed for so many things. But she had to face reality, what she wanted just couldn’t be, “This past week has been nothing, but hell.” He let out a heavy sigh, “The only thing I could think of was I just got you back…” he paused, “Only to lose you again.” That time she couldn’t help herself and she looked up at him with her swollen eyes. It pained him when he saw the suffering in those pools of green. He had to make this right again, the pain they were both in was so unbearable. He prayed finally they were on the right path now. He reached out and placed his hand on top of hers, but she slowly pulled it away. That was when Nick felt the cold stab of rejection. He could feel pain shooting all throughout his body. No this couldn’t be happening. She was truly rejecting him. He wouldn’t believe that. He knew she loved him and he was not about to give up, “I love you,” he whispered through his cracked voice. He was praying and hoping that she would return the words.

She looked at him again and that time tears were slowly running down her face. Yes, he saw the love she had for him. It was painful to watch; he hated that she was fighting it. But this was not a battle he was going to let her win. She dropped her head and spoke in an unsteady voice, “You know, ever since you’ve been gone I haven’t been able to sleep at night.”

Finally she was talking. The uncomfortable silence was driving him mad with anxiety, “Me either.” He let out a dishearten sigh, “You’ve been the only thing I can think about…when I’m awake and asleep. You haunt my mind, Baby Angel. And you’re gonna keep on haunting me until I have you with me again.”

Kimberly felt her bottom lip quivering and she tightly closed her eyes. She hated that she couldn’t control her tears, she hated how they kept on flooding out of her eyes like a broken dam. She swallowed hard, “I can’t sleep at night,” she continued in her weary voice, “Because I keep having these nightmares.” She wished so badly that she could just talk normally and not like a frog was constantly in her throat.

Nick hated the pain she was in…the way her beautiful voice cracked and sizzled from holding back her cries. Maybe her having nightmares was a good thing…maybe they were triggered because he no longer was in her life. He wanted to be her dream catcher; he wanted to make those bad dreams go away. “What are they about?” He softly asked. The only thought in his mind about her nightmares was he was what she dreamed about…she missed him and needed him in her life again.

“You,” she said above a whisper. He knew it, he was what triggered them. So he should be the one to make them go away. Before he could reply with his diagnosis, she said something he was not expecting and as soon as the words left her mouth he could feel the penetration of a dart carving through his heart. “Having sex with Laura.” She put her hands over her face and softly sobbed, “That’s all I ever see when I close my eyes,” she wept.

Nick dropped his head into his hands, she was never going to forgive him was she? How was he supposed to gain her forgiveness if she couldn’t let it go? He wished so bad he could remember what happened that night, he would give anything if he could go back and correct everything. He would have never went home with her…fuck he didn’t even remember leaving the damn club! He glanced at with his now tinted blue eyes, “I don’t know how many times I have to tell you I don’t remember what happened that night, Kim,” he said through his torn voice. “I don’t even remember leaving the fucking club. When I was having sex, I swear to fucking God I thought it was you. You were the one in my mind when I was having sex…you were the one I thought about…and I’m willing to bet you were the one I called out for. Not Laura!”

“So what are you saying? She raped you?” Sarcasm was in her words.

He let out a loud sigh, “Yes! I would never go willingly, Kim. You should know that!”

“Why should I do know that?” She demanded, “It’s not like you didn’t fuck other girls while you and I were apart.”

That was below the belt…way below. He didn’t even know how to react to that. He stood up and ran his hands aggressively through his hair and turned to her. His eyes burning with anger, “Are you fucking kidding me, Kim?!?” His loud words caused her to jump and look up at him startled, “You’re the one that fucking broke up with me and told me to get on with my life! I tried to do that…I tried so fucking hard! But you know what? I couldn’t function without you! You were the only thing on my fucking mind!” He couldn’t seem to control himself as the words just kept on spitting out like acid, “So I drank myself to death…I was doing everything I could possibly think of to numb myself. The pain I was feeling was the worst I’ve ever been in. So yeah, I fucked other girls…I was at the point in my life where I didn’t give a fuck. These girls wanted me, I didn’t care about myself, I didn’t care about anything except you. Death to me was welcoming, because I didn’t want to deal with that pain. So I drank myself until I couldn’t remember what happened until I woke up the next morning. I was doing what you said…getting on my life.” He paused and wiped away the tears that oozed down his flushed face, “But you wanna know something? I didn’t have a life without you, Kim. Can’t you see that? And when Laura did what she did with me I was so messed up I had no idea what was going on If I knew that was Laura I would have told her to go fuck off and you even know that. So please don’t go trying to make me feel like a piece of shit because I had sex with other girls. I was doing the only thing I knew how to do to try to get over you…and you wanna know something? It didn’t work!”

Kimberly looked up at Nick in complete stun. His tears poured down his face and he was losing all control of his emotions. She hated how he was right. She told him to go on with his life…she told him to move on. And he did…and she was the one that came back. So why should he have to be the one to pay? Maybe she thought somewhere in the back of her mind that he would be just as miserable as her…he wouldn’t be able to touch another woman. That she was the only thing on his mind. Seeing the pain he was in was killing her. It was killing them both. They were both suffering so much, why couldn’t they make it stop? Why couldn’t they just go back to how they used to be? “So…so is this my fault?” She asked through her small cries, “I’m the reason why you got so drunk…I’m the reason why you nearly killed yourself.”

He let out a very loud and angry sigh, “You know damn well you’re not.” He leaned against the baby blue wallpaper and put the heels of his hands to his eyes, “I don’t know how to fix this,” he softly wept. “I don’t’ know to make you see you’re the only woman I want to be with…the only woman I can be with.” He pulled his hands away from his swollen eyes and looked at her, “I know I’m lower than scum and I don’t blame you for hating me. I fucking…” he inhaled deeply trying to keep his emotions in check, but was failing miserably. “I fucking hate myself for what I’ve done. You say you have nightmares? I do too. I can’t stop thinking about that night….I can’t rid her out of my mind. I feel so fucking disgusting that my body allowed her to turn me on. The only woman that is supposed to do that is you, Baby Angel. God I wish you could fucking believe me.” He closed his eyes tightly and gently banged the back of his head against the wall.

Kimberly wiped her drowning eyes and slowly stood up. She did believe him and she did love him. She wished so badly she didn’t…she wished she could think of him as just another guy. But he stole her heart and she could see he was not willing to give it up. He would fight for it, he would die for it. “I do believe you,” she whispered through her shattered voice.

He opened his eyes and saw her standing only a few inches away from him, “I fucking hate myself, Kim. If I could go back in time and take everything back…everything! Starting with the lies, about the band…about the break up. About everything.”

She felt her bottom lip quivering and she nodded as she looked up at him with her red tinted eyes, “I know, Nick,” she murmured. She swallowed hard and pressed her face against his chest before breaking down, “I just hate that I can’t get her out of my mind. I hate that you fucked her…I want to hate you so bad.” Her harsh words were causing his heart to bleed, but he knew she had to let it all out. He didn’t want her to hold back how she really felt, “I just want this nightmare to be over.”

Nick hesitantly wrapped his arms around her and she embraced her and he felt her body tremble as she cried. “I will do anything to make it up to you, Kim. I swear to you…just tell me what you want me to do.”

“I want you to promise you’ll never lie to me about anything ever again. No matter how much it’ll hurt me. I can deal with the truth, I can’t with the lies.”

He looked down at her and felt the warm sensation of relief wash over him. He cupped her face in his hands and looked her directly in the eyes, “I promise never to keep you in the dark about anything ever again.”

“Do you…do you swear?” She choked.

He half smiled, “I swear on my life.”

She constricted her arms around his neck and squeezed him tight, “I’m holding you to that,” she whispered.

“I was hoping you’d say that.” Without any hesitation Nick scooped Kimberly up in his arms and carried her over to the bed. As soon as her back hit the mattress, his mouth crashed down onto hers, “I’ve missed you so much, Baby Angel. I never want to lose you again.”

She put her hands on his face and looked deeply into his eyes and whispered, “I’m not going anywhere…ever again.” She then softly pressed her lips onto his, “I love you.”

Nick brushed her hair back that had fallen into her eyes, “You don’t even know how long I’ve missed hearing you say that.” His mouth latched back onto hers and he left a small trail up to her earlobe, “I love you so much, Baby Angel.”

Kimberly felt the warm tears slowly roll down the sides of her face, but for the first time in a very long while they weren’t tears of sadness. “I’ve missed hearing you call me that.”

He smirked and pressed his mouth against her earlobe again, “I want to make love to my Baby Angel.”

She felt her whole stomach flip like she had just gone through a loop on a rollercoaster. She felt Nick’s mouth moving with hers and that was when she felt like time just froze. It was like the world stopped, it was only him and her. She felt as he made love to her and kissed her collar bone up to her jawline and then her mouth once again. They never once let their eyes leave one another. It were almost as if they were both afraid they were in some sort of dream. As soon as they closed their eyes or looked away, the other person was going to just vanish. So just knowing that this was real, that they were finally intertwined with one another was probably the best feeling they’ve had in a while. Nick laced his fingers with hers above her head as he moved inside of her. She never wanted the feeling of such love to end…she had forgotten what bliss feeling he gave her. He was truly the one she loved and she knew that she wouldn’t be able to live without. She felt him climax and he didn’t move right away, instead he grabbed her face and kissed her with such passion she thought just from kissing him alone he was going to cause an orgasm.

Nick smirked seeing the pleased look across her face, “You are so perfect,” he muttered over her lips.

She smiled, causing her whole face to light up, “I could say the same thing about you.”

He softly laughed and rolled off of her and onto the other side of the bed. Kimberly crawled over and nuzzled herself against him. Her head resting on his chest and her arm slung across his stomach. So this was real? Finally after so much heartache there’s an actual happy ending? For almost ten minutes they laid in each other’s arms. Kimberly closed her eyes and felt a smile spread out across her lips. She no longer thought about Laura hooking up with her boyfriend. She knew now and should have known that Nick would never look at another woman other than her. She hated herself for putting them both through so much hell.

“I’m sorry,” she said, looking up at him.

He looked at her confused, “What are you sorry about, Baby Angel?”

She smiled hearing him call her that nickname, “Well, I’m sorry for putting us both through such torture.”

Nick sighed and rubbed her bare arm with his fingertips, “Let’s not talk about that. It’s the past and I’m looking more forward to future…with you.”

She smiled widely and nodded, “I can’t agree more. I love you, Nick Carter.”

Nick looked down at her and his face just began to glow. He gently kissed her upon her lips, “I love you, Kimberly Power.”

Hearing him say her full name sent shivers down her spine and for the first time in God knows how long she was truly and completely happy. After it felt like they were in Purgatory for what seemed like decades, they finally found their Heaven. She couldn’t control the joy she felt being in his arms and when feeling his lips against hers.

Only about six months ago, Kimberly was just a regular girl living a regular life. She never would have thought in a million years that she would have her heart stolen by Nick Carter. Having a man like him love her in such a way that it sent her head spinning. She never thought she was capable of having a man love her so when Nick came along it made her think and feel differently. She was worth being loved despite what anyone else thought…it was true that Anything Is Possible.


Have I told you how good
It feels to be me
When I'm in you?
I can only stay clean
When you are around.
Don't let me fall, oh no
If I close my eyes forever
Would it ease the pain
Could I breathe again

Maybe I'm addicted,
I'm out of control
But you're the drug
That keeps me from dying.
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know is
You're the only reason I'm trying

I am wasted away
I made a million mistakes
Am I too late
There is a storm in my head
It rains on my bed
When you are not here
I'm not afraid of dying
But I am afraid of losing you

Maybe I'm addicted
I'm out of control
But you're the drug
That keeps me from dying
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know is
You're the only reason I'm trying

When you're lying next to me
Love is going through to me
Oh it's beautiful
Oh yeah
Everything is clear to me
'Till I hit reality
And I lose it all
I lose it all
I lose it all
I lose it all

Nah nah nah
Nah nah nah
Nah

Baby I'm addicted
Oh, I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying
Baby, I'm addicted
Don't want to lose it all

Maybe I'm addicted
I'm out of control
But you're the drug
That keeps me from dying
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know is
You're the only reason I'm trying