- Text Size +
~Chapter 5



Nick had gotten back to his hotel late, almost 5:30AM, but he didn’t care. He needed to escape his band mates that he called brothers. He laid down in his bed with a smile plastered upon his face. He didn’t expect going to her place to go so well. She was defiantly someone he could see enjoy being around. Not only was she beautiful, but she was trustworthy too. He just could tell. He didn’t know what he was going to do about her roommate though, it seemed she was going to be a problem…and then there are his friends….he already knew Kevin was livid about him bailing last night. But he just didn’t care….he didn’t care about anything anymore. Suddenly it seemed like all he wanted to care about was himself for once. Was that such a bad thing? He wanted to be happy and he had been terribly forlorn lately and for the first time in almost six months…he felt happy. He closed his eyes and her face came to his mind.


“Oh, it looks like someone decided to come back,” growled AJ Mclean, as he walked into the room where Nick had passed out. He could feel his blood boiling as he thought about what Kevin had told him, how he just abandoned the guys to fend for themselves in front of JR like that. What was the matter with him? They planned that meeting a week in advance and since he decided not to show, JR gave them the third degree. “Nick, get the fuck up!” He yelled, he just groaned and ignored him. AJ was getting irritated he felt like a broken record, Nick wasn’t moving an inch as he kept on ordering him to get up. Finally he could feel all the heat leave his mouth as he shouted, “If you don’t get up NOW we’re all going to be late!!!”

“Man, when did he get back last night?” Wondered Howie, as he dried his hair with a red towel.

AJ looked at his friend, “No, question is what time did he get in?” He shook his head in disgust, “He’s starting to become lazy and it’s fucking pissing me off!”

Kevin walked in and saw that Nick was still sound asleep. His foot was hanging off of the bed and his face was smothered into a pillow, as his arm was stretched out. He turned to AJ with fuming eyes, “I told you to get him up! Can’t you do anything right?!?”

“We tried!” Defended Howie, “But the guy is out stone cold.” He then shrugged, “What else do you want us to do? We’re screaming at him.”

“We?” Hissed AJ, “I think I’m the one that’s actually trying to get his ass up, you’re just standing there watching.”

Howie stared at him in shock and his eyes narrowed. Kevin ignored the two and walked over to the bed that Nick was sleeping in and yanked the blankets off of him and shouted loudly, “NICK!!!” His eyes popped open and he glanced over and saw Kevin, he groaned and threw his face back in the pillow, “If you do not get the hell out of that bed, we are leaving without you!” He warned, but that seemed not to have any effect upon him so he continued, “And if we do that, then you are no longer a part of this group. Do you understand?!?”

Nick waited a few minutes and groaned and slowly sat up, “Okay, I’m up!” He said in a hard voice. He saw that it was only ten in the morning; he barely got four hours of sleep.

“Now hurry up and get ready, if we’re late because of you, I swear to God I will – ”

“You will what, Kevin?!?” He demanded as he stood up and was now eye to eye to him, “Don’t fucking threaten me, man!” He then grabbed some clothes and slammed the bathroom door behind him.

“Wow,” was all Brian could say as he watched in stun. He was tying his shoes, “About time,” he mumbled to himself. He hated how Nick was acting like a child, he wasn’t twelve years old anymore, he had to man up. What was his deal? He wanted to protect him from the other guys, but how could he when he was on their side? Nick was doing wrong and he was sure he even knew that.

“I know where he went last night,” Kevin finally said, once he heard the shower start.

All eyes were on him, “Where?” AJ decided to ask, since no one else was.

“Remember those two girls that came into the store? Nick talked to Mike and told him to invite them. Well…he ended up following one of them home.”

“The dark haired one?” Questioned Howie.

He shook his head, “No, the other one.”

AJ looked at Kevin in appall, “You’ve got to me kidding me! What an idiot, did he not see how hot that girl looked? Shit, what was her name….” he thought hard to remember, “Laura,” he said, with a satisfaction smile. “Why the hell would he choose that other chick? Laura was…damn. I wouldn’t pass her up.”

“Wait,” said Brian, as he looked up at Kevin. “He followed a girl home? What’s the matter with him? He didn’t know if she was crazy….you would think he would be smarter than that.”

“Nick isn’t smart,” snickered AJ. “Haven’t you realized that yet? And he followed her home because he’s a horny bastard.” He then shook his head in disgust, “Man, that guy has been having more sex than me!”

“Well….you had Sarah,” said Howie, whom shook his head in disbelief. “I still can’t believe you guys broke up. She was good for you.”

AJ’s eyes began to tighten, “Yeah Howie, just keep on rubbing it in. She was the one to break up with me….not like I left her.”

“Well, if you never cheated on her with that whore that you met in AA, she never would have left your ass. You’re the one that had to fuck around, so it’s no one’s fault but your own.” Kevin harshly spoke; his words felt like a whip and AJ felt like he was being lashed as he remembered the heart break he caused her.

“Okay….so I made one mistake I don’t see you – ”

“One?!? HA! Whenever you’re in a relationship you cannot keep your dick in your pants. You never could stay faithful to only one woman; I’m surprised Sarah even stayed with you as long as she did.”

Okay, maybe Kevin was right, but how could he? All those beautiful ladies flaunting their bodies at him. How was she supposed to resist? “Okay, so what? I have a problem. I can’t just stay with one girl, they’re all too gorgeous. They’re like chocolate, one is never enough.”

Kevin rolled his green eyes in annoyance, “You’re going to be regretting what you’re saying. You don’t think I don’t have those feelings? But Kristin means more to me than a quick fuck.”

“Sorry, not everyone has the happy marriage like you!”

“Brian does.”

Brian’s eyes grew wide, “Hey, don’t go dragging me in the middle of this.”

“Come on, Bri,” said Kevin. “Would you ever cheat on Leighanne?”

“No, you know I wouldn’t.”

Kevin then grinned and looked at AJ, “So I’m not the only one.”

Moments later the shower stopped and after about five minutes, Nick walked out wearing dark blue jeans and a white T-Shirt that said ADIDAS in black fat letters across the front. His hair was brushed back, still dripping wet, but it was obviously he didn’t give a damn. Usually he would have put in some sort of jell, but he figured he could let the hair stylist deal him today. He walked over to his suitcase and pulled out two white socks and sat down on the edge of the bed and slipped them on. He could feel all eyes on him, but he choose to ignore the hard stares.

Brian sat next to me, “Feeling better?” He just shrugged and grabbed his black sneakers and started to put them on, “So….who’s the lucky lady?”

That caused his head to snap up, “Okay, so who’s been running their mouth?” He demanded in a thick tone, as he eyed Kevin; already knowing the answer.

“Forget who said it,” said AJ. “Why the hell would you even do that? You know we can’t just go after some fan, then they’ll start to run their mouth and guess what….you’re screwed! You’ll be having TMZ at your front door.”

“And what the hell was up with you ignoring me last night, Nick?” Demanded Kevin, “Bailing like that wasn’t very smart. You know better than that. I called you at least five times.”

He looked at Kevin, “Why do you think? I didn’t want to go to your dumb ass meeting.” Nick then looked at AJ, “And for the record, she isn’t like that. She and I talked a lot last night and we really connected on a deep level….something I haven’t done in a long time. And you know what, if she were to say anything to someone, I don’t see what the big deal is. What? I can’t just be a guy who happens to like a regular girl?”

“Yeah, pretty much,” he answered.

“Nick, come on,” said Kevin. “I know you wanted to see her, but responsibility comes first, you knew this long before that you can’t just ditch your job to see some girl.”

He just shook his head, he could already feel his anger rising. He should have spent the night at her place….although things would probably happen if that were the case. He stood up and went to grab a drink. He didn’t even want to do this damn photo shoot. He was starting to hate these guys that he was supposed to call brothers. They were slowly suffocating him. He took a long sip of the milk from the cartoon.

“So…what did you guys talk about?” Questioned Howie, whom walked over towards him.

He put the drink back into the refrigerator and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and looked back at Howie, “That’s really none of your concern, is it?”

His brown eyes got large as he saw Nick’s face was hard as stone and his tone….it was almost sarcastic. What happened to him? What happened to the little guy he used to be able to talk to? The guy he used to defend when everyone else was picking on him? “Ookayyy then.”

“Dude, what the hell is your problem?!?” Demanded AJ, as he came face to face with Nick.

He couldn’t take it anymore, he was starting to feel like a time bomb and AJ was going to cause him to explode. “You wanna know what my problem is?!? Well, you’re my fucking problem!” He yelled, “First, you bitch at me for staying out all night! Then you scream at me for seeing a girl that I happen like! I’m twenty six years old! I don’t need a fucking supervisor!”

“It’s not about the girl, Nick!” Spat Kevin, “It’s that you ditched a meeting to see her!”

Howie was getting sick and tired of the yelling. It seemed that’s all they did lately was scream at each other, “Guys, let’s just forget about this. It’s not worth to fight about. It’s over and done with. He knows he made a stupid choice.”

Nick’s eyes glared at him, “Stupid choice? No, the only stupid choice I ever made was staying in this fucking band!”

Everyone was taking aback from his out sudden outburst about the group, everyone except AJ. “No, you know what, I think it is worth to fight about.”

“AJ, don’t,” ordered Kevin, as he watched as Nick was losing his temper. He knew AJ loved to add fuel to the fire, but he didn’t want another blow up…not like last week. They fought so loudly they were told to leave the hotel.

“No,” argued AJ. “Nick gets all bitchy when we speak the rules, I think it’s time we set him straight.”

A growl escaped Nick as he hissed, “Just so you know, Kim isn’t a rule and she isn’t gonna be a rule that I have to follow!”

AJ looked at him disgusted, “You know if you were gonna pick a girl, at least you could have picked the more appealing one.” He then laughed, “I mean really, Nick. What happened to you? Going after ugly girls isn’t your style.”

“She’s not ugly,” he barked. “Sorry AJ, unlike you, I don’t make sure she has a DD chest and a tight ass. Notice how all those girls you fucked are no longer with you? Why is that you think?”

His brown eyes got tight, “That’s because I kick them to the curb afterwards.” Kevin’s jaw dropped at AJ’s words, but he ignored it, “And you know, when I fuck them, at least I don’t want to worry about putting a bag over their head. Good luck with this one.”

Nick violently shoved him against the wall, causing pictures to hit to floor and smash, “FUCK YOU! Just because you don’t think she isn’t hot doesn’t mean you can talk shit about her. At least she’s not fake, not how you like it. It’s not wonder why no one wants to stay with you after one night. You’re as pathetic as them.”

“Get the fuck off me!” He shouted and shoved Nick away, and AJ slugged him into the stomach. He groaned and went to retaliate, but Kevin grabbed a hold of Nick, and Howie and Brian grabbed AJ.

“Calm down,” ordered Kevin, as he held Nick’s arms behind him. He then looked over at AJ, “What is the matter with you? Now we’re going to talk to each other like adults. Are you chill, Nick?”

He was breathing heavy, “Yeah, I’m fine.” Although he could feel the blood pumping through his veins, all he wanted to do was beat AJ’s face in.

He was starting to hate him. Kevin then released him, but he was still on guard in case he did decide to go for AJ again. Brian and Howie did the same thing,

“Now, Nick,” said Brian, with caution. “You just met this girl; I don’t think you should be fighting for her like this.”

“That’s why I want to know more about her….I’m really into her,” he admitted.

“How?!?” Demanded Kevin, “You just met the girl last night.”

“So what?” He was getting aggravated; did he have to know her for a month to even know he liked her? No, there was something about her, something that made him want to see her again. She was different, she was normal…she was real. “You know, if you can’t understand how I feel, maybe you’re not worth being my brothers.”

“This whole thing has gotten out of hand! Nick, like I said before this isn’t about you falling for some girl, it’s about –”

“Just save it, Kevin.” He then shoved his way past the other guys and headed to the door, “I’m getting sick of being treated like a child.”

“Then stop acting like one!” Brian finally said.

Betrayal was smeared across Nick’s face, “If I go with you guys, it’s gonna be ugly. I’m leaving.”

“NICK, YOU CAN’T!” Cried Howie, “We have to be somewhere.”

“I don’t care; I haven’t for a long time now. You guys are really pissing me off and I know I’m going to end up doing something I regret.”

“Nick, why are you doing this?!?” Kevin demanded through his teeth.

“Because I’m getting sick and tired of your bullshit! I’m getting sick and tired of this band all together.”

“FINE!!” Shouted AJ, “Go to that little whore that wants to ruin years of friendship.”

Nick’s blue eyes turned a dark blue and he stormed up to AJ, “What did you just call her?!?”

“Whore!” He spat, “That’s obviously what she is. Have fun fucking her, hope it's worth it.”

Nick’s fist tightened and before any of the other guys could retaliate he slammed his fist into AJ’s face, “CALL HER THAT AGAIN!!!”

He licked his bottom lip and tasted blood and his eyes narrowed, “Fine, I will….hope you have fun With. Your. Whore.”

Nick was about to jump on him, but that time Kevin grabbed him, along with Brian, Nick was using all of his might to get out of their grasp. All he wanted to do was make AJ bleed. Finally after struggling for almost five minutes, he stopped. It just wasn’t worth it. Kevin loosened his grip and he shoved him away from him and stomped towards the door and turned to the four guys standing there in dismay from his actions, “You’re not even worth my time.” He shook his head in shame, “Sometimes I don’t even know why I consider you brothers.” He then left and slammed the door behind him.

AJ’s eyes turned hard, “THAT’S IT I’M GONNA – ”

“Cool it, AJ,” ordered Brian, whom was starting to feel guilty. He let his best friend down, he saw the betrayal in his eyes when he sided with the other guys and that killed him. But Nick gave him no choice.

“Cool it?!? He fucking punched me!” He reminded the others.

“Wow…this girl must have something,” said Howie in disbelief.

“Yeah….she has a pussy,” answered AJ.

Panic filled Kevin’s face, “This is great, just fucking great! We have a photo shoot to do…DAMN IT!!!”


Kimberly woke up to a smile on her face. She hadn’t remembered when she ever woke up happy before. She sat up and ran her hand through her snarled hair as she thought about last night. Was it all an amazing dream or did it actually happen? She chewed on her bottom lip and grabbed her blue flip cell-phone and went through the texts and her stomach began to jump as she read the text from Nick. The smile on her face widened, so it wasn’t just a dream, it was real. He was actually here last night. She let her back fall back and her head into the fluffy pillow as she closed her eyes and recapped his kiss…oh man could he kiss! And he wanted to see her again! She had to suppress a squeal. She jumped up and threw on some black sweat pants that hung off her hips and a pink baby tee and danced down the stairs.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw Laura sitting on the couch with her two fingers to her temple and her phone and purse on the coffee table, “Uh…are you okay?”

Laura shot her a hard glare, “Do I like okay?” She snapped, “I have the worst headache.”

“Drank too much yesterday?” She asked, as she sat down next to her.

She shrugged, “Probably.”

“So where’s Sandy?”

“She called a taxi this morning, I didn’t feel like driving her home, I was too tired.” She picked up her phone and looked at the screen and slammed it down on the coffee table again, “That fucking jerk!”

Kimberly looked at her confused, were her and Ronny already fighting? Was he upset that she left the party like that? She knows she probably would be upset. “Who?” She questioned, although she thought she had a pretty good idea.

“Nick!” She growled.

Kimberly looked at her bewildered, “Nick? As in Nick Carter?”

“Yeah!” She stood up and began to walk into the kitchen, “I gave him my fucking number and he hasn’t even called me! Let alone text me, what’s the matter with him? Is he really that stupid to give me up like that?!?” She continued to rage.

Kimberly could feel her teeth grinding together. She wanted to defend him, say he was with her, but she knew how the outcome would go….death. Okay, maybe not death, but a life of complete torture. Plus, she promised him that she wouldn’t say a word so she had to hold her tongue, “Uh, well it’s still pretty early, Laura. Maybe the guy is still sleeping you know?” Although she knew perfectly that he wasn’t, he was at a photo shoot, but she couldn’t share this knowledge with her roommate. She would demand where she got her information from.

Laura looked at the clock and saw that it was only hitting eleven thirty and she gave half a smile, “Yeah, you’re right.” Her smile then widened, “I mean, how could he ignore me? I’m so dumb sometimes. I can bet you, he’ll be calling me by the end of the night,” she said, with a giggle. “How amazing would it be if I started dating him? I mean me, dating Nick Carter. Wow.”

Oh, how Kimberly wanted to tell her the truth, oh how she wanted to tell Laura that Nick wasn’t interested in her in the slightest. It was she he wanted; he came over to see her, not Laura. He kissed her because he was attracted to her. She wanted to so badly tell Laura how low he thought of her, but she had to hold her tongue, she knew the truth and that was all that mattered. “What….what about Ronny? I thought you guys were dating or something?”

Laura shrugged, “Eh, I wouldn’t call it dating….he likes me and I like him.” She then smirked, “But if Nick came along, come on….we both know who I’d choose.”

Kimberly knew she had to bite her tongue. Laura could see the displease look upon her face, “But yeah, I gotta head to work.”

“Work?” Did Laura even know the meaning of the word? Do more of her modeling? Did the even consider of work? It irritated her to a high degree knowing all she did was take a few photos and people paid her…..for that!

“Yeah. Sam wants to take a few shots of me in the beach. It’s going to be fun, I can’t wait! Well, I’ll be home late….I might meet up with Ronny afterwards.” This could not have worked out more perfectly, that meant when Nick came over she would be gone….thank God for that. “You don’t need the car do you? Because I’m gonna be using it most of the day.”

She shook her head, “Nah. I’ll probably be just chilling here, since it’s my day off.”

She nodded, “Yeah, I figured that.”

Kimberly didn’t like the tone of her voice. So just because she didn’t go out partying, it meant she never did anything in her free time? Ugh, that annoyed her. If it weren’t for Nick coming over, she would have protested and said she needed the car just so she could lie about going out. She put on a fake smile, “Well…have fun.”

Laura smirked, “Oh, I will. Don’t wait up.” She then grabbed the car keys, which were hanging up on the hook near the door and left the apartment. She then heard the tires screech on the pavement.

Kimberly sighed and looked at the clock and saw it was nearly hitting noon. She decided to take a quick shower, might as well kill time while she could. Nick wasn’t going to be there until at least five or so….and that is if he wasn’t late. Might as well have an early start.


Nick had been driving around, he was so pissed off, all he wanted to do was turn his car around and really give AJ a piece of him. He clenched the steering wheel tightly in his grasp as he thought about what he and the other guys were saying. And how could Brian defend them?!? He usually was always on his side. The group was really falling apart; he didn’t even know what was keeping him in it anymore. He pulled over into the breakdown lane and he rested his head against the wheel, knowing he should probably suck it up and turn around to go to that stupid ass photo shoot. He groaned and sat up straight and then looked around, knowing where he was. A smirk soon appeared across his face, “Fuck the photo shoot,” he mumbled. He punched in 168 Pave Road into his GPS. How he remembered that, he had no idea. He then headed into the direction which the GPS led him, feeling a bit less irritated now.


As the water hit Kimberly’s bare skin, Nick kept on creeping into her mind. She just couldn’t seem to comprehend that last night was not a dream, it was real. Nick Carter really thought that she was beautiful….HER out of all people. He thought nothing about Laura and that alone astonished her. She wasn’t used to such a feeling….being wanted and most important being wanted by the man she had been infatuated with since she was only a pre-teen. After she reached twenty she started to become more realistic and now being twenty-two she would even consider herself lucky if a man would even want to be with her….for more than just sex. After she felt her body was cleaned enough she shut off the shower and reached under the sink inside the cabinet to grab a towel. She saw her options were limited for there were only two towels left. She groaned, knowing Laura was supposed to do the laundry. They took turns, she did it last week and it was supposed to be her turn…but of course as usual she must have forgotten. How typical. Kimberly grabbed the purple towel and wrapped it around her body; the thing barely covered her. It just covered a few inches above her nipple and it was just up to her thighs, thank God no one was around to see her in this….she would be mortified.

Kimberly then walked out of the bathroom and felt the cold air hit her skin; causing goosebumps to form. Just as she was about to head upstairs into the warmth of her room there was a knock at the door. She froze. She then glanced around and saw that Laura had left her purse and cell-phone on the coffee table, she rolled her eyes….this was the second time this week she had forgotten something.

She approached the door, “I swear Laura,” she said, as she opened it. “You’d lose your head if it wasn’t….” she trailed off as she saw who was staring back at her….with wide blue eyes. She nearly dropped her towel from surprise, “Um…wow….um…N-Nick? What…what are you doing here?” Her words stumbled over one another.

His eyes were still large as he stared at her dripping wet body. He then forced himself to look at her face and his smile was wide, “Why to see you.”

She could feel a tingling sensation rush through her body from his words and how his voice turned a bit seductive. His eyes were full with lust and for whatever reason; he couldn’t seem to keep his eyes off her. She was sure he would be appalled by her appearance, she tightened the small towel around her curvy body, “I-I wasn’t expecting you until later on…”

“So do you want me to leave and then come back?” He teased, with a smirk upon his lips, he obviously knew the answer.

“No. No, don’t be silly,” she said, with a laugh. “Um…come in.”

He smiled at her and walked inside the apartment, Kimberly walked backwards so he couldn’t see the back of her, she wasn’t sure how much the towel was covering. She closed the door behind her and faced him, feeling her heart slamming against her ribcage. She was trying her hardest to hide every part of her body that she possibly could. Oh, how she wanted to kill Laura for not doing the laundry. What was he doing here and so soon? She still had at least four or five hours to kill before he was supposed to even arrive.

Nick’s eyes had not left her dripping wet body, they were slowly drifting lower until he couldn’t see anymore, the damn towel was in the way. God, he would love to just see her let it drop and allow his hands to wonder her body….he wondered what she looked like…really looked like. And from what he could see, that girl had curves! Her breasts were being squashed, she was wrapping it around her figure so tightly they were screaming to breathe and man, he would love to be the one to give them their oxygen. The towel stopped around her thighs, she had nice legs, defiantly looked like they had some muscle to them. He could imagine them wrapping around his waist nice and tight as he propelled into her. He could feel himself getting aroused. He then looked back into her eyes and smirked, “Well,” he said.

“Wh-what?” She couldn’t cover the embarrassment in her voice. It quivered a bit, which made his smirk turn into blown out grin.

“It looks like I’ve come right on time,” he answered, with a sly smile.

Kimberly could feel her face growing hot, “Um…y-yeah…I-I guess.”

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, “Are you okay?” He asked, with humor in his voice.

“Um, yeah I’m great,” she said, faking a wide smile. I guess…I’m just a little bit in shock that you’re here right now.”

He licked his lips and began to walk towards her, but with each step he took near her, she stepped backwards until her back hit the door. Now she was trapped, no way out. Nick was cornering her, but he stopped once he realized how truly uncomfortable she was, “What’s wrong?” All humor and smiles gone.

She swallowed hard and shook her head, “Noth-nothing. I’m just…I’m just not really dressed and um yeah…” she trailed off again, feeling her face burn from discomfiture and looked away.

He then smiled again and stepped closer towards her so that he was only inches away from her and he leaned his face close to hers, “Wow, you are shy. At first I thought you were just playing hard to get.”

She turned her head and jumped a bit causing him to laugh; she didn’t realize how close he really was. She then smiled, feeling her face burning again and she chewed on her lower lip, “Yeah, guess I am…sorry.”

“Sorry?” He raised an eyebrow, “Don’t be. I love it,” he told her as his hands gripped her hips and pulled her closer to him.

She could feel her heart beating a bit faster, “You-you do?”

He grinned, “Very much so. I think it’s hot.” He then bit his bottom lip and looked back at her, “But trust me, Baby Angel there isn’t anything for you to be shy about.”

She gripped her towel tightly, making sure it wouldn’t fall, it was starting to slide down and Nick hadn’t missed that at all. His hands were still on her hips she tried to make her breathing even, “No?”

He shook his head, “Nope. And I might add you look really hot wet…damn.”

Kimberly could feel her face turning red and she dropped her head, “Thanks,” she mumbled.

He smiled and lifted her chin with his finger so that their eyes were locked, “Stop thanking me…it’s only the truth.” He then groaned, “But man, am I glad I came over when I did.”

She then smiled, “I am too.”

That surprised him, he wrapped both of his arms around her waist, “Oh you are, are you?” His voice was suggesting something completely different than what Kimberly was. Maybe she’d let him slide his hands in, just to get a feel, God he would kill to have a feel, but he knew once he felt her, he’d wanna taste her. This was just completely unfair.

She grinned, “Yes. Like I’m not kidding your timing is impeccable, Laura just left for work like maybe ten minutes ago.”

He smirked, “What can I say…I’m good.”

Kimberly smiled, feeling the butterflies flying through her stomach as she thought about the words she was about to say. She was starting to feel comfortable around him, which was odd, because she barely knew him. It was safe to say he was actually attracted to her and apparently her body since he hadn’t stormed out the apartment yet. “Well, I could have told you that one.”

Nick cocked his eyebrow as an intrigued looked appeared on his face, “Oh really?”

She could feel herself becoming shy again so she just nodded and mumbled, “Uh-huh.”

He seemed to really enjoy her timidity, because each time she would turn beat red or turn away he would grin and become more seductive towards her. Almost like he wanted to see her reactions, “Well, how?” He wondered, with a tad of teasing in his voice, “You haven’t had me….yet.”

She could feel her heart beating out of control, she wondered if it was just going to burst out of her chest like in the movie Alien, when the creature busted its way out of the human body. “Well…I guess I wouldn’t then.”

He grinned and pressed his face close to hers and whispered, “Not yet anyway.”

“Wow….” She said, and gently moved away. He looked confused, “Is it just me, or is it really hot in here?”

He laughed at her, “It must be you. I think it’s cute how innocent you are. I think that’s one of the things that drew me to you.”

Kimberly laughed, “I hate to break it to ya, but I’m not all that innocent.”

“Oh no?”

“Nope….not even close.”

“Well, if that’s the case,” he said, as be began to walk towards her once again and cornering her against the door once more. “Why is it that you keep on trying to hide that beautiful body of yours?”

She felt like her stomach had just done a summersault into a pool and looked up at him in disbelief. He thought that she had a beautiful body? Seriously? “Um…I-I don’t know,” she murmured as she looked away, feeling her face blushing.

Nick grinned, flashing his white teeth, he then leaned closer and took hold of Kimberly’s chin and turned it so that she was now looking at him. Then without any warning he pressed his lips onto hers, she was surprised but relaxed and allowed her mouth to move with his. She felt his tongue slowly snake its way into her mouth, gliding against hers. She could feel her knees becoming weak, as his hand began to move down her neck and to where the towel stopped just above her breasts. His hands glided over her womanly curves and to her hips. She softly moaned over his lips, as she felt him nibbling on her lower lip. When he pulled away he had a large smirk across his face, “Well, damn.”

She smiled, “What?”

He just shook his head and pulled her close, she wrapped her free arm around him, “I don’t think you realize how much I want you right now,” he said in a raspy voice, as his thumb glided across her bottom lip.

“You must have a lot of self control.”

He laughed, “But I don’t, that’s the thing. I don’t think you realize how bad I want you,” he groaned as his lips pressed against her ear. “How I would make you feel…I bet you never had anything like it before.” He was whispering now as his lips made a trail down to her neck and to her bare shoulder, he then looked up at her and looking more sexual than ever. The way his hair fell into his eye as he glanced up and how his voice was starting to become more raspy as he made it low, “So what do you say, Baby Angel?” He asked, as he moved her against the door, wanting to just rip off that stupid towel and have his wicked way with her. His lips pressed against hers again and his hands slowly began to creep inside the towel until her hand placed against his chest, gently pushing him away. He knew he crossed the line, but God damn it! She was only in a towel, what did she expect?!?

“I really should go upstairs and change.”

He sighed and nodded, “Okay, I’ll wait down here,” he said, with a small smile.

Worry began to fill her up, “Are you…mad?”

He caught on rather quickly to her anxious voice and shook his head “No, I’m not mad. I’m sorry…you just look so….it’s probably best you put clothes on,” he said, with a short laugh.

She looked at him with serious green eyes as fear began to fill up inside of her. She knew he knew that she wasn’t like most girls and maybe that was a bad thing. Most girls would give it up to him in a heartbeat, but she just couldn’t. “I’m sorry….I guess I’m really stupid.”

He looked at her confused, “Stupid how?”

She shrugged, “Not throwing myself on you and letting you do whatever you want to me.”

“No, babe. I’m just frustrated, that’s all. I wouldn’t want you to ever have sex with me when you don’t want to.”

“Is it because of me?” Her voice was becoming soft, as depression began to kick in. She blew it, didn’t she?

“I can promise you, it’s not from you.” He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close and sweetly kissed her upon the lips, “So how about you go up those stairs and change up before I lose all self control of you only being in that, okay?” He said, with a smile, which caused her to smile.

She nodded, “Okay.” She then escaped his hold and began to walk towards the stairs, “Oh,” she said, as she turned around, once she was on the first step. “So feel free to watch some TV, raid the frig, whatever the hell you want. I’ll try to hurry.”

He half smiled, “It’s cool take your time. I know how girls like to doll themselves up. I’ll probably just watch a little TV.”

Kimberly smiled, “Okay, well I’ll be back then.”

He returned the smiled, “I’ll be waiting.”

That said, she turned around and walked up the stairs, Nick couldn’t help, but glance at her and suddenly he could feel his pants tighten around his crotch. He got a perfect view of her ass; he made a silent groan and sat down on the couch. A smirk appeared across his face, she was great. Defiantly much different than most of the girls he’s encountered, and so far it seemed she was the best. Although she was killing him back there, how she was wearing that skimpy towel, all he wanted to do was rip it off. Yet knowing she didn’t want to have sex with him on the spot like that, as much as it tortured him it made him respect her a bit. Most girls would be on their knees in a heartache sucking on his dick, but not this one. For once he met and liked a girl that wasn’t a whore.


Kimberly walked into her bedroom and pushed the door with her hand trying to close it, it didn’t clasp and it was open a crack. She just shrugged and dropped her towel and looked herself in the full body mirror that was hanging on her closet door. She was almost astounded that Nick liked her body. A smile crept upon her lips, he made her feel good….he made her feel well beautiful. She hadn’t felt like that in so long. She felt a tingly sensation rush through her, he was so different than she ever could have thought. She was really concerned that she turned him off when she didn’t want to have sex with him. She promised herself she wouldn’t just give it up, it had to mean something. She just gave it up to the last man she was with and well…it didn’t turn out all that great. She didn’t want to be used! The feeling was horrendous.

She began to go through her drawers and pulled out some black bikini underwear and slipped them on. She then hunted for a nice bra and saw a black Victoria Secret push up bra. She grinned silently thanking her sister for the sexy under garments she had gotten her for her birthday last year. Kimberly was defiantly starting to feel more confident and she knew it was Nick’s fault, she turned him on, not repulsing him and that just made her feel attractive. She wasn’t used to feeling wanted, but she loved it and didn’t want it to go away. She took out a couple pairs of clothes and laid them out on her queen sized bed, she wanted to see which ones looked the best. As she was debating what to wear her cell-phone rang, she walked over to her dresser and picked it up, “Hello?”

“Hey, bitch, I miss you!”

She chuckled knowing it was her best friend Ashley Nicole, “I miss you too. How are you? How’s Cali?”

“Completely amazing! Although it would shine more if you were here.”

“Can’t disagree with that,” she answered, as she looked back at her clothes still debating.

“So how’s life with Laura?” A small groan escaped her throat and Ashley laughed, “That great, huh?”

“I overheard her and her little posse making fun of me last night at the mall.”

“Ugh!” She growled, “Want me to beat her ass!”

Kimberly snickered, “You don’t even realize how much I’d love that! But something good came out of the mall. The Backstreet Boys were doing a signing so I got to meet them.”

A squeal escaped her friend, “Oh My God! That is awesome! Were they nice? Super jealous of you right now!”

She laughed, “Yeah, they were all really nice. Although Laura was trying to make me look bad in front of them.”

“Ugh, really? Kim, you need to get the hell out of there, I mean Laura is such a bitch. I told you moving in with her was a bad idea! But do you ever listen to me? No, of course not. Why listen to the voice of reason.”

Ashley warned her a million times not to move in with Laura. Ashley knew Laura more than she wanted to know and she franticly tried to advise her friend about her cruel behavior. “Yeah, I know. Once the lease is up I’ll be looking for a new place.”

“Or just move in with me,” said Ashley with high hope.

She laughed, “Maybe. But Cali is really expensive; I don’t think I’d be able to afford it.”


Ashley had been Kimberly’s best friend since they met at a Backstreet Boy concert back in 1999 for the Millennium Tour. Who would have thought she would have met her best friend at a concert? Laura was also there and she thought she was pretty cool…but she soon discovered she was nothing like she thought. Ashley was an amazing woman; Kimberly looked up to her more than any of her friends. She went to her for advice, relationships, clothes. Ashley was her rock and when she moved away, it was like she took a piece of her with her. She had long dark brown hair and large chocolate eyes. She wasn’t that tall maybe around 5’4 or so, not that Kimberly was much taller. She was about 5’5-5’6. Ashley had gorgeous curves and embraced them. Kimberly was a bit envious of her, first off she was a model and yes, Laura was too, but Ashley was different. She wasn’t cruel or cold hearted and she was warm and that was probably a big reason why she was so successful as a plus sized model. Also, men loved her and adored her. No doubt about it that she was gorgeous, and to top it off she had a bouncy and fiery personality…completely opposite from Laura. It was no wonder why she was still struggling to get photo gigs. Sure she had a few, but not like the ones Ashley had, maybe that was one of the main reasons why they didn’t get along that much anymore.


Nick was flicking through the channels and he couldn’t find a damn thing on. He shut it off and ran his hands through his hair and leaned forward, dripping his head and rested his elbows on his legs as his hands still gripped his hair. He kept on thinking about earlier about then damn fight he and the other guys had. He felt guilty, guilty for ditching them when he knew he should have stayed, but he was so pissed off! He pulled his hands out of his hair and sat up straight, what got him angry was when AJ started calling Kimberly names. He didn’t know her, so fuck him! Nick could feel himself liking this girl…a lot more than he thought he would. He didn’t regret anything he said to his band mates. Okay, he got it, they were mad because he left to see her when there was that stupid meeting. But it wasn’t even that important! So he didn’t see what the big deal was. He could feel himself becoming agitated just thinking about it, he was so steamed earlier all he wanted to do was beat AJ’s face in. But as soon as he saw Kimberly it was like all that anger he had inside of him disappeared. She made him feel better…she made him feel normal. Why couldn’t the other guys see that? Why couldn’t they see how much he liked this girl? So what, they just met. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be asking her to marry him or anything, he just wanted to be treated like a human being, not like an idiot, not like a child. He could feel a smile form around his lips, sure she was a fan, but she was different. First off she wouldn’t even have sex with him, that must mean at least something! She was so much different than the others, he wished the guys could see that, but if they couldn’t then maybe they really weren’t worth being his brothers.

Nick decided to see what she was up to. She had been upstairs at least half an hour, that would give her enough time to get ready, right? He stood up from the couch and headed up the staircase and searched for her bedroom. He found a door that was open a crack and he peeked inside and that was when he found her….only in her bra and underwear! He swallowed hard, she was wearing black…black usually meant something sexual was going to happen or at least she wanted it to happen. Her breasts, oh man…they were so lifted and so round. He gave out a silent moan. Then her ass, he was more of a boob man, but he would love to grope her. Then there was her stomach, sure it wasn’t flat like a model, she didn’t have abs, but personally he was getting sick and tired of the model look. It was fake. At least this girl had curves!


Kimberly decided to put Ashley on speaker so it was easier for her to get ready, “So how’ve you been?” She asked.

“Eh, alright. You know, working and all that crap. How’s your shit hole of a job.”

Kimberly groaned, “I rather put a bullet in my head than work another day there. But I have today off,” she said, with a wide smile. “So I’m going to enjoy it while I can.”

“Good! So what are you doing?” Wondered Ashley as she heard Kimberly moving the phone around a lot.

“Just getting dressed, I just got out of the shower.”

“Oh yeah? Going anywhere?”

She couldn’t hide the smile as she thought about Nick being downstairs, “Well…I kind of do have a guy downstairs.”

“Ooooohh!!” She squealed, causing Kimberly to laugh, “Where did you meet him?”

“The mall,” she simply said.

“So what’s the lucky boy’s name?” She urged.

“His name?” She was a bit hesitate, “Uh well…his name’s Nick.”

Nick’s blue eyes began to fill with horror. No, she shouldn’t….she promised that she would keep them on the down low. AJ wasn’t right…no, he couldn’t be. This one was supposed to be different.

“Nick, huh?” Teased Ashley, “So does this Nick have a last name? Or so you not know that yet?”

“Last name? Of course I know his last name!” She racked her brain for names, “It’s…Black!” She finally said, “Yep, his name is Nick Black. A total lady killer, I tell you!”

Relief swept over him, he knew he could trust this one. He didn’t know why or how, but he just knew. AJ and the others had no idea what they were talking about, she was trustworthy.

Ashley laughed, “Well, damn I thought you were going to say Nick Carter.”

Oh man, only if she knew the half of it. Kimberly then let out a laugh, “What? Nick Carter? Are you crazy, girl?” As much as she loved Ashley and knew she could trust her, she knew that she couldn’t break that trust that she had with Nick.

She laughed, “I must be. But come on, how hot would that be? You having Nick over…of course he’d probably be chained to your bed…using him as your personal sex slave.”

Kimberly let out a loud laugh, “Damn, Ash.” She then grinned, “That would be pretty hot though. I wonder if he likes it when the girl is in control?”

“Hmm, probably. Men love it when girls can dominate them.”

“I wonder what he’s like in bed,” curiosity filled her voice. “I hear he’s pretty big,” she said, as she began to put on some clothes. She finally decided to wear a light jean skirt that went right above her knee with a red V-neck blouse that showed off some cleavage thanks to her push up bra.

Nick was in complete stun as he listened to the way Kimberly spoke about him. So this is what girls talked about? He silently chuckled to himself and a smile grew wide across his face. If she wanted to know so big he was, he surely would let her find out…he’d more than welcome it. It fascinated him the way females spoke about him and yet the one girl he wanted denied him and here she was talking on the phone about how badly she wanted him. He wondered how she’d react when he walked through the door, her facial expression would be priceless and then she’d go turning red again and become all bashful – which made him want her even more.

“Mmm, I know,” groaned Ashley. “Especially with that tongue of his. It’s so long and thick….God it would feel AMAZING!”

Kimberly could just imagine it, after all she had kissed him and he did like to use a lot of tongue. She could feel her body trembling just thinking about it, she would be in pure ecstasy, “Ugh, God I know! I wonder if he’d be able to get me off,” she giggled. “Not many people can with their tongue.”

Nick made sure to make a mental note of that. Oh, he would get her off alright and she would defiantly have more than one orgasm. He licked his lips, shit he’d love to do it right now, ravish her body, rape her womanhood with his tongue and make her scream….oh man would he ever make her scream!

“Well, girl,” said Ashley. “I’m gonna let you go so you can get ready for that Nick guy. I gotta do a little shopping….so have fun.”

“Oh, don’t worry, I will.” She made sure of it, she wondered if she’d be able to control herself, since after having that steamy conversation. He was only downstairs, she could so easily have sex with him and she knew it. But she promised herself she would have will power, she wouldn’t give in to him just yet. She had to make sure he wanted something more than just a good fuck.

“And don’t call this guy Nick Carter,” she giggled.

That caught Nick’s attention and he softly laughed. Kimberly laughed out loud, “God Ash, I was only seventeen alright?!? He couldn’t do anything right, so I figured if I thought about another guy than I could at least get off…and well it worked.”

She snickered, “Yeah and you said the wrong name.”

“Oh, shut up!” She laughed, obviously feeling embarrassed from the memory. “Trust me, I swear I won’t say the wrong name.”

She laughed, “I hope not. Okay, love ya loserface. Talk to you soon.”

“Love you too. Bye.” Kimberly then hung up the phone and placed it back down on the night stand and softly laughed to herself. Oh how she missed Ashley and she hated how far away she was living now. She then grabbed her black brush on the dresser and began to yank it through her damp hair.

Nick then slowly pushed the door open and leaned against the door frame, with his arms crossed, “Hey, Baby Angel.”

She got startled, but smiled and turned around so that they were face to face. She almost couldn’t believe how stunning he looked. His blonde hair was a bit ruffled and his blue eyes were almost screaming of sex. He looked far too seductive and after that conversation that she just had with Ashley, this could become dangerous, “I know, I’m taking forever. I’m sorry.”

He smiled, “It's fine. I told you, you can take your time. But I might add that you look great.”

She slightly blushed, “Thank you. I’m…kind of trying to make myself look good for you,” she timidly said, as she bit on her lower lip.

She had no idea how mad that drove him, “Oh, trust me you don’t need to try, baby.”

She flushed again, “Um, thanks.”

He then grinned as she was starting to walk towards her bed again. She sat down and pulled out her makeup case. He was silent for a few seconds, just thinking of a way to put the words he was thinking, “So I hear you’re a bit curious about how big this Nick Carter fellow is.”

Her jaw dropped as she looked up at him and she could feel her body starting to quiver. He heard her?!? She could feel her face turning a beat red, “Um…I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

His grin formed into a full blown smile, “Come on, Baby Angel don’t play like that.” He walked over towards the bed and sat down next to her, “And here I am thinking you were this shy, quiet, innocent girl. Damn, was I wrong!”

She turned her head away from him and dropped her eyes to the floor. She couldn’t believe that he heard her…he couldn’t believe that he was eve’s dropping. A million thoughts were rushing through her mind. Did he think that she was some slut now? She always talked to Ashley about him in that way…she wasn’t expecting him to hear it at all! And now that he had…she just didn’t know how to react, she was officially mortified.

He took his hand and put it under her chin so that their eyes met, “What’s wrong?” He looked at her with care, worried that he offended her by listening to her conversation, sure it was wrong, but he couldn’t help himself.

“You weren’t…you weren’t supposed to hear that,” she softly spoke. “I was just talking to my best friend Ashley…and we used to be really blunt about that kind of stuff…I guess…I guess I just wasn’t thinking and um…yeah.” Her eyes then drifted away, she could feel the embarrassment taking over her. She almost wanted to run away.

“Baby Angel, you have nothing to be ashamed of. It was probably stupid of me to listen…I didn’t mean to. When I heard my name I kind of couldn’t help myself,” he said, with an apologetic smile.

“I guess…I just don’t want you to think of me as one of those groupie girls, you know?”

He laughed, “I promise you, I don’t think of you like that. I think you’ve had plenty of opportunities to get with me…if you really wanted to,” he said, with a smirk.

She then smiled and relief soon swept over her, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” She then continued to finish applying her makeup. When she looked herself in the mirror she liked who she saw that was looking back at her. She felt attractive.

It was as if Nick could read her thoughts and he said, “You look beautiful.”

She smiled, “Thank you.” She put her makeup case back under her bed and walked into her closet to grab some shoes. She decided to go with the white sandals. They had about a three inch heel, so she wouldn’t feel totally short this time. She sat back down on the bed and began to loop the straps around her ankles. Nick watched as she bent down to fix her shoes and he saw a large amount of her cleavage, he was dying to just touch and kiss her lovely breasts. He couldn’t control it anymore and his lips kissed her neck, she giggled, “What are you doing, Mister?”

He grinned, “Trying to kiss you.”

“How’s that working out for you?” She teased.

“Not as good as I hoped.”

She softly laughed and pressed her lips onto his, “Better?” She asked, once she pulled away from the sweet kiss.

“Not quiet.” His hands slid into her damp hair and his lips met hers again, but instead of it just being a sweet kiss he slid his tongue into her mouth, caressing it with hers. She softly moaned over his lips and he laid her down onto the bed, his hand was on her waist and slid into her shirt, touching her bare skin, “Mmm, this is better,” he murmured into her ear and his hand slowly slid up her upper half right under her breasts. “Can I kiss them please?” He pleaded, “They’re driving me crazy.”

She felt a swarm of butterflies going through her and all she could do was nod. He grinned and left a trail of kisses from her neck, down to her collar bone and finally to her chest. He pulled down her shirt just a little so he could see her full C cup breasts. His fingers traced around the perfect bump and his lips then attached themselves onto it. His tongue made a trail until her bra was in the way, he looked up at her to make sure it was alright and she seemed comfortable enough so he slid his fingers into the black bra and pulled that baby out. Seeing her pink little nipple was already hard, his mouth engulfed it and his tongue flicked at it. With his teeth he began to gently nibble, he heard her moan and saw her legs were spread, not much but enough to where he took it as an invite. His hand crept down to her skirt and he slowly slid his hand inside, feeling over her underwear with his two fingers. This was killing him, he wanted her, wanted her more than she could have imagined. He slid inside the underwear and entered her warm, wet core. She let out a louder moan, which ended up turning him on. He thrust his fingers inside of her, she was extremely tight! Oh man, he could only imagine what it would feel like if his cock was inside of her.

His mouth met hers and he kissed her deeply, his tongue going down her throat. She softly cried as he moved harder and faster. He the groaned, “Baby, you are killing me!”

She laughed, “Me?!?”

He smiled, “Yes, you. I want to do so much more to you…but ugh, I know you don’t want that.” He then studied her face, “Or do you?”

She chewed on her lower lip, “I-I can’t.”

He nodded and smiled, “It’s okay.” He kissed her once more before pulling his fingers out of her, “Hopefully I’ll get the chance sometime in the future,” he added with a smirk.

Kimberly propped herself up with her elbows, “Maybe,” she said, with an alluring tone.

He smirked, “You are a tease.”

She laughed, “How?”

“What do you mean how?!? Just look at you.” His arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into him, “You’re gorgeous and seductive…you’re killing me…I just thought you’d like to know that,” he said, with a smirk.

“Killing you?” She questioned, with a raised eyebrow, “I highly doubt that.”

“Why don’t you take a look for yourself?”

She didn’t comprehend what he meant, so he took her hand and placed it on his lap; that was when she felt the stiffness through his pants. Her green eyes bulged open as she felt the width of his hardness. Her fingers glided the length and he let out a soft groan. He was huge! And it was with the pants on….she couldn’t even imagine what he would feel like inside of her, “Oh, wow.”

His smile enlarged knowing she liked that what she felt and man did it feel good to him. He bet her hands would feel so soft on his throbbing member, oh how he wanted her, “Impressed?”

She flushed and pulled her hand away, “You could say that.”

He smirked, “Good.” His cell-phone than rang, he pulled it out and groaned seeing it was Kevin and he hit ignore.

“Who’s that?” She wondered, curious from his annoyed facial expression.

He shrugged, “No one important.” The phone than rang again and a growl escaped his throat, “I-I gotta take this.”

She nodded, “That’s fine.”

He got up and walked out the door, closing it behind him. She was surprised as she could hear him and he was loud! Much louder than she ever thought he could be, he sounded angry, beyond angry! “Well maybe if you didn’t jump down my throat we wouldn’t be in this mess right now would we…oh no, don’t you go pinning this on her! She has nothing to do with it! I left for a reason THIS is the reason why I left…maybe I’ll be back…NO I’m not going to the FUCKING photo shoot. And next time you see AJ tell him he better watch his fucking back!” That said, he shut the phone off and put it into his pocket and back into the room, he was fuming, but he did his very best to contain his facial expressions. He cleared his throat and looked at her, “Sorry about that,” he said, with a smile.

“Is….is everything alright?” Her voice quivered, she couldn’t believe how angry he sounded; it frightened her.

He sat down next to her, “Yeah, everything is fine,” he said, with a bright smile. “Just had to exchange a few words with someone.”

She couldn’t help, but feel maybe the phone call was about her? Nick mentioned a female, what if he and the other person were fighting about her? What did she ever do? She tried not to let it bother her, but she kept on thinking about it and then how he said he wasn’t going to the photo shoot. She cleared her throat, “Didn’t you…didn’t you have a photo shoot to go to today?”

His face got stern, but he quickly composed it and smiled, “Nah, damn thing got cancelled last minute.

Kimberly looked at him blankly, was he lying? He would have no reason to lie though, right? She didn’t want to ask him if he skipped, but it was eating her alive, “Okay, good…I was worried you ditched or something,” she added a small smile, so he wouldn’t think she was accusing him or something.

How did she catch on so fast? Maybe she heard him? How loud was he? “What?” He looked at her and laughed, “No, that’s crazy. I wouldn’t skip out on a photo shoot. What made you ask?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, “I kind of heard you,” she mumbled.

Fuck! He was screwed. He raised an eyebrow, “And what do you think you heard?”

She could feel her heart racing, was he angry? Why was he questioning her? She shrugged, “I probably got it wrong, I’m sorry. I know you ditched the meeting last night and I don’t want you to keep on playing hooky for me,” she said, with a kind smile.

Nick smiled and wrapped his arm around her and kissed her on the temple, “Don’t sorry, baby I didn’t skip.” He hated that he had to lie, but he just didn’t want her to worry, “I know my responsibilities.”

She felt much better and smiled, “Okay. I’m sorry, I’m just being dumb. You just sounded kind of mad on the phone…and I guess I was concerned. Ugh, I’m too nosy sometimes.”

He half smiled at her, “Nah, its okay. I did the same thing for you too…so I guess now we’re even.” He then sighed, “But yeah…the other person on the phone…we don’t exactly see eye to eye right now.”

“Anything I do to help?” She wondered.

He shook his head, “Nah, but don’t worry about it…we get into fights all the time. It’ll all blow over.”

She had an idea that it was about another member of the band. Maybe AJ? No, not him because she heard him say that he should watch his back. Who else could he have been talking to? Well, she didn’t want to keep on prying, so the only thing she could do was let it go. She just hoped whatever the problem was they resolved it. But what did he mean about AJ needed to watch his back? Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a car pull up, she jumped up, startling Nick and ran to the window, seeing Laura pull in.

“Shit! Shit, shit, shit, shit!!!” She kept on saying, “Oh, this is not good…not good at all!”

“What’s wrong?” Nick demanded standing up and looking out the window and could see why she was panicking, “Oh man,” he groaned.

Kimberly looked around the room, “Get in the closet now!” She ordered.

He grinned, “Hmmm, I kind of like this side of you….being pretty aggressive.”

She laughed and grabbed him and started pushing him towards the closet, “Don’t say a word. I’ll try to get her out of here as fast as I can.”

Kimberly shut the door as soon as he was in the closet and ran back over to her bed and pulled out the makeup case, pretending to get ready. She had to act casual, she had to pretend Nick Carter was not stashed away into her closet; she jumped when she heard, “KIM!”

She took a deep breath, “UP HERE!” She called back.

Laura ran up the stairs and looked confused, “There is a really nice car in our driveway. Who’s is it?”

“Oh, my friend Dave dropped it off for me. We’re…gonna be going out later and I had no car, so he let me use his.” Her story did not sound convincing, but she prayed Laura believed her.

“Who’s Dave?” She questioned, in a dubious tone.

“Some guy at work. He’s been bugging me to go out with him for a while and so – ”

“WAIT!” She nearly screamed, “Some guy has been asking you out and you’ve turned him down?!? What’s the matter with you?!? You need a boyfriend, Kim you HAVE to date him…it’s so depressing! So say yes….fuck him and have fun for once, God. I mean saying no to a guy….ugh.”

Kimberly could feel herself getting annoyed, “We’ll see,” she hissed through her teeth. “You know I just don’t go fucking random guys.”

“He’s not random, you work with him. And if you get an offer to fuck someone, do it….shit, it’s no wonder why you’re still single, because you don’t give it up. Guys don’t wanna be dating a fucking nun, Kim. You really gotta loosen up, or you’re gonna be single forever. Look, I know it’s more hard for you because you’re not that pretty, but don’t worry, not everyone cares about looks. And it seems this guy Dave isn’t.” Her watch then beeped, “Shit, I gotta go back to work, I just forgot my purse and cell-phone….again,” she added with a laugh. “See you later…and remember Kim, fuck him!”

She could feel her eyes stinging, “Yeah….bye, Laura.”

She smiled, “See ya!” She then danced out of the room.

Her eyes were to the floor, she wasn’t going to cry, she wasn’t going to cry. She was pretty, Nick even said she was. She took a deep breath fighting off the tears, she sometimes hated Laura….really hated her. She felt the bed sink in and saw Nick sitting next to her. She turned her head away from him and sniffled, “Sorry,” she whispered. “I got rid of her though.”

His hand rubbed up and down her back and he pulled her into him, “I really don’t like that girl.”

She wiped her watering eyes, “That makes two of us.”

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close, she rested her head on his shoulder and he pressed his lips into her hair and whispered, “I think you’re beautiful.”

She looked up at him and smiled, “Thank you.”

A tear managed to escape and he wiped it away with his index finger, “Don’t listen to her. Now I can see why you don’t like to give it up so easily.” He sweetly pressed his lips onto hers, “You don’t have to worry about me running off because you don’t wanna do anything….I wouldn’t rather be anywhere but near you anyway.”

Kimberly could feel her heart fluttering, “Rea-really?”

He smiled, “Really.” His forehead pressed against hers, “I like you…a lot. And if you want to take us slow, I’m down with that.”

“Us?” She looked at him memorized, “Are you saying…are you saying you wanna…date me?”

He smirked, “Well, yeah…that is if you wanna.”

She bit on her bottom lip and nodded, “I think I just might.”

He grinned, “Good.” Nick took hold of her chin and pressed his lips back on hers; she wrapped her arms around his neck and slowly slid her fingers through his hair. Her tongue danced with his, when she pulled away his smile had grown, “Yep, tease.”

She tried to suppress the smile, but couldn’t, “Sorry.”

“Why? I’m not. So Baby Angel, since you’re looking all beautiful, how about I take you out? Are you hungry?”

She nodded, “A little.”

“Great.” He then stood up and took hold of her hand, “I know a nice little place, I’m starving.”

She stood up, “What if people see us?”

He shook his head, “Nah, they won’t.” He then took hold of both her hands, “Listen, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“Okay…”

“I have to leave in a month, the guys and I…well we’re going to Canada for a few weeks. I know from past experiences, it’s really difficult to deal with someone that has to be away for long periods of time….”

She swallowed hard and didn’t really think about that part, but she liked this guy and she would be willing to do everything to make it work with him. “Well….” She began, “We can keep in touch, right?”

His face began to glow, “You betcha!”

She laughed, “Okay, then. I think it’ll be okay. I…like you too. I would like us to work,” she said, with a wide smile.

He cupped her face and kissed her, “You’re awesome.” He then laced his fingers with hers, “Come on, let’s go…I’m starving.”

She smiled and let him lead the way, she couldn’t believe it…she was now dating Nick Carter. Butterflies were flying madly inside of her, she couldn't seem to stop from smiling, she couldn't seem to stop from looking up at him. If this was a dream, she never wanted to wake up.