- Text Size +
~ Chapter 7 ~



Nick and began to slowly unwind from his steamy night with Kimberly. He sat down on the bed and ran his hands through his hair; he didn’t know what to make of these feelings he was having towards her. He hadn’t felt like this in so long and he couldn’t remember the last time he had felt well...this happy. She made him feel like him again. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he was almost afraid to look, thinking it was either Kevin or AJ bitching him out again. He dug into his jean pocket and once he saw who it was from, his lips stretched out into a smile.

Miss you more =p
Good luck with your friends
Im off to bed, goodnight


She honestly had no idea how much he wished he didn’t have to leave. He wanted to just go into her apartment and ravish her, make her moan...make her feel the way she made him feel. So God damn happy. Nick let out a sigh as he thought about her, he didn’t believe there was such thing as a perfect girl, but this one….she was perfect. He aggressively ran a hand through his hair, what was the matter with him? He barely knew this girl and yet he found himself falling harder and harder. That was so him…falling for the easy. But this one…she seemed so different, he felt he didn’t have to worry about her hurting him – about her using him. She didn’t even tell her best friend about him, so that must have meant something! Trust was really important to him and the fact that she kept her word meant more to him than she ever could have known. He licked his lips and was about to reply to the text until the door flung open; AJ and Kevin then stormed in.

“So looks like you decided to come back,” hissed AJ.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” Growled Nick in a low hard voice, as he glared at his tattooed band mate.

“Haven’t you ever heard of stabbing your friends in the back?!?” He shouted.

AJ wanted to lung at him, but Kevin came in between the two, “Enough,” he ordered in a stern voice. “There will be no more of that.” His eyes then tightened as he looked at Nick whom was still sitting on the bed, “What the hell is the matter with you, Nick?!? Leaving like that!”

He did feel guilty and he knew it was wrong. Guilt soon ate at him and he sighed, “Look, I’m sorry.”

“SORRY?!?” Screeched AJ, “How the fuck can you just sit there and say you’re sorry?!?”

Nick’s eyes got hard and he slowly stood up; Kevin standing in the middle between the two, waiting to break up yet another fight. AJ’s bottom lip was a little swollen from earlier where Nick had punched him. “I know me walking out wasn’t the smartest choice I made…but if I didn’t leave I was going to do something I was really going to regret.”

Kevin shook his head in disgust, “What’s going on with you lately, Nick?” He demanded, “You just met this girl, you shouldn’t be abandoning your duties to see her.”

“Why?!?” He hissed, “Because she isn’t model material to your standards?”

“This isn’t even about her looks!” He said, raising his deep voice.

“Well….it sort of is,” sneered AJ.

Nick glowered at him, trying to find a way around his bodyguard. AJ glowered back, waiting for him to charge, “You’re lucky Kevin is here.”

“Enough!” Yelled Kevin and he stared Nick down, “This has nothing to do with how she looks. It has to do with you leaving your job to see her! You have been in this business long enough to know you can’t just walk out whenever the hell you please! We have a job to do and you cannot be slacking off.”

“I don’t slack off!” He yelled back, “I work my fucking ass off around here!”

Kevin raised one of this thick dark eyebrows, “Oh really? Nick, in the past month I have you seen mope around, acting like a little bitch. And then you go running off to see this girl! And then the fact that we had to lie to you to Brad, ugh.”

Nick’s eyes turned soft; not believing he lied for him….to protect him, “You didn’t have to do that.” His voice was still thick, but had a thankful tone to it.

Kevin held his ground as his eyes were still tight, “Oh, I didn’t. Brian and Howie did, if it were up to me I would have rated your ass out in a heartbeat.”

“Thanks, Kev,” sarcasm filled his voice.

“It made me sick,” said AJ. “They were pretending like it was no big deal what you did….acting like you were a child that didn’t know better!”

Nick’s eyes began to turn dark. AJ was saying all the wrong things that made him want to leap over Kevin and throw him into another wall. Why did he enjoy to get him going? Did he want him to break his nose? He then turned to Kevin; trying his very best to ignore AJ, “Look, I know what I did today wasn’t the smartest thing I’ve ever done.”

AJ coughed out a loud laugh, “You think?!?”

“Shut up, AJ,” ordered Kevin. He then turned his head back to Nick, “No, it wasn’t. Look, I know you may think you like this girl but you – ”

“Think?!? I think I know what I like and what I don’t like…and I do like this girl. Like it or not she’s someone I want to be with.”

AJ laughed, “What happened to you? Have you seen her? Are you on drunk or something? Nick, you can get almost any kind of girl and you want that one?!?”

“I swear to God,” he growled. “If Kevin was not standing in my way, you would not be breathing right now.”

“AJ get out of here!” Ordered Kevin.

“What? No, I came here to ream his ass out. He has to know what he did wasn’t right or fair to the rest of us. You don’t see us running away to see our girls.”

“And what girl do you have?” Questioned Nick, “Who’s Friday today? Nicole….maybe Lynn. No wait, they were Thursday and Monday. I forgot.” AJ glowered at him, “How sad it must be to have no one just a one night stand. But who would want to be with you more than a night? How Sarah did it….man, that woman deserves a metal of something!”

Pain washed upon his face, “Fuck you, just fuck you!” He then stormed out of there, slamming the door behind him. Nick smiled satisfied that he finally hit a nerve.

Kevin shook his head, “Was that really necessary?”

“Yes! Look, I’m sorry you guys don’t think Kim is my type of girl because she’s not in the spotlight or plastic. But after Paris, I want a real girl….someone I can talk to and I can talk to her! I’ve never been able to talk to any of the girls like I can with her. I just wish you guys could see it.” His voice almost sounded pleading; like he was begging for Kevin to accept the woman he had chosen.

“This has nothing to do with her appearance, Nick.”

“Tell that to AJ.”

Kevin let out a heavy sigh, “Okay, I get it. You like this girl…good for you. You missed her….yeah, okay I can understand that. But you know what, I miss Kristin too and you don’t go seeing me trying to bail out of the group….do you?!?” His voice suddenly hard, “I mean, come on Nick, you have to take the consequences for your actions.”

“Let’s get one thing straight. I did not leave to just see her. I needed to get the hell away from you guys. You were jumping down my throat; you’ve been on my ass so much lately….you’re lucky all I did was walk out. I almost blew up and that was something I was trying to avoid.”

Kevin looked at him annoyed and his green eyes began to turn dark, “Maybe if you actually did your job, then I wouldn’t have to be on your ass all the time, Nick. Have you ever thought of that?!? You’re twenty-six years old, and you better start acting it….or bad things are going to happen.”

Nick walked closer towards him, “Are you threatening me?” He snarled.

“Yes. Now Brad did me a favor by changing our photo shoot date in three weeks and I swear to God, Nick you have better show up or I will – ”

“YOU WILL WHAT?!?” He shouted, “Kick me out of the group?!? Fine, do it! I don’t care anymore.”

“Of course you don’t….the only thing you care about is yourself! It’s always been that way. It’s time to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for once.”

Nick’s jaw clenched and he could feel his fits turning into two balls, doing his very best to suppress his anger, “Are you done now?”

Kevin just looked at him almost disgusted. It seemed he didn’t even care that Brian and Howie stuck their neck out for him….it seemed he didn’t care about anything. He didn’t know how much longer he was going to be able to put up with this behavior of his before he snapped himself. “I mean it Nick…three weeks, you better be there.” He then turned his back on him and left, slamming the door hard behind him.

Nick could feel his breathing increasing as he felt his blood boiling. He was so angry; he just had to punch something. He slammed his fist as hard as he could into the wall; wishing it was either AJ or Kevin’s face. He fucking hated them, why the hell did he even bother staying in this group? Why?!? No one ever treated him with respect. He blew off one stupid meeting, so the fuck what? If they didn’t jump down his throat he never would have walked out today. It was their fault! He sat down on the bed, trying to cool down. He dropped his head and aggressively ran his hands through his hair; suddenly his left hand began to throb. He looked at it and saw his knuckles were bleeding. He slowly moved his fingers and cringed in pain.


The days were moving by quickly and Kimberly could not stop glowing. She saw Nick a lot more now and he always made her day a million times better…even on her worst. She noticed that he hurt his knuckles; they were bruised and cut up pretty badly, when she asked what happened he simply told her that he was clumsy and fell. She thought nothing of it. She couldn’t believe how hard she was falling for this guy. Each time he would call her, text her, see her….it would send her heart fluttering so quickly, you would have thought she ran a marathon of some sort. And each time he would touch her, kiss her it would send shock waves throughout her body. She didn’t know how to get used to this feeling, she wasn’t used to it. She forgot what it was like to be happy.

It was June 20th today and Kimberly tried to request it off, but her boss was still being a capital dick to her. She got released early today though, she was allowed to escape this Hell around two PM.

She was on her last break and had texted Nick to tell her she was free for the time being. Not even a second later her phone rang, she giggled and picked it up, “Hello?”

“Hey, Baby Angel.”

Each time he would call her that nickname she would get a chill run down her spine. “Hey, you. So can you come save me now?” She said, with a small laugh.

“Not having fun today?”

“Nope. Greg has something up his ass and he decided to take it out on me…joy. You’d think he’d be nicer to me since it’s my birthday, but nope.”

There was a pause, “Wait…it’s your birthday?!?”

She had forgotten to mention it to him. Sure, she told him her birthday was in June that first night he came over, but she never told him the date. She just didn’t think he had to know and she wanted to smack herself for letting that slip, “Uh, yeah.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know….I just didn’t think it was that big of a deal. My family never thought birthdays were that much of a big deal. I mean hell I never even got a real party. It doesn’t bother me though.”

“You poor child.”

She laughed, “It’s fine really. It’s just a regular day for me.”

“Well, lucky for you I’ve already decided to do something for you today. I guess I’ll just have to make it extra special.”

“You don’t have to do anything.” She then paused for a moment, “Wait, you already wanted to do something? What?” Curiosity filled her voice.

“Well, I told Angel about you; my sister. And she wants to meet you,” he had a smile in his voice. “She’s like one of my best friends; I think you two will get along great.”

“Uh…I don’t know. What if she doesn’t like me?”

“What’s not to like?!?”

She wanted to say, tell that to the other Backstreet Boys, but she held her tongue she didn’t want to upset him. And she knew that would, “A lot,” she replied, with a laugh.

“Babe, we’re gonna have fun.”

“KIM!” Shouted a loud voice.

“Who the fuck is that?!?” He demanded, not liking the angry voice at all.

She groaned, “That’s Greg.”

“That’s your boss?!?” His voice was outraged.

“Yep.” She glanced up and saw him standing in the doorway, “Hang on one sec.” She put the phone down and turned her head and looked at Greg, “What? I still have like five minutes.”

“Not anymore you don’t. Now get off that phone and finish your job or it’s coming out of your paycheck.”

“What the hell!” She yelled, “You can’t do that, I am entitled a full half an hour break.”

His brown eyes turned hard, “Don’t you take that tone with me, Kimberly!” He grinded his teeth, “Now you get your fat ass off that chair and get back to work!” He then left.

Kimberly could feel her breathing increasing as she felt her eyes sting, she cleared her throat and returned back to the phone call; trying to keep her voice leveled. “Sorry about that.” Nick was silent, “Nick?”

“I am two seconds from going down there and make him apologize to you!” His voice was hard, she almost couldn’t believe how angry he sounded.

“Don’t worry about it. He’s like this all the time…I’m sort of used to it.”

“Well, you shouldn’t be!”

She thought it was really sweet how he looked out for her and she honestly thought it was a bit of a turn on how protective he was being. She heard him shout again and she groaned, “Well, I gotta go. See you later.”

“Sooner than you think.”

She felt her stomach tie into a knot, “What? No, Nick don’t you even think about starting anything…he’s my boss! I need this job.”

“What for?!? He treats you like shit.”

She laughed, “I’m sorry mister Carter, but not all of us are loaded. And I need this job to pay for the bills.”

“I’ll take care of you,” his voice got softer and turned sweet again. “You’ll never have to work ever again.”

She laughed, “Tempting, but no. I like making my own money.”

Greg stormed in there, “What the hell is taking you so long?!? Do you want me to fire you? Is that what you want?!? Because you are two seconds from being jobless!”

She rolled her eyes, “I gotta go.”

“Put him on the phone right now!” His tone full of authority.

“Nick, no. See you later…bye.” With that said she hung up the phone and put it back in her back pocket and slowly rose, “Now that my five minutes are over, I will go back to work.”

“Who was just sooo important you had to get written up for?”

“Written up?!? Because I took my break?!?” She was outraged.

“No, because you weren’t listening to me. So who was it, Kim?”

“My boyfriend.”

He laughed, “Good one.”

“Fine, don’t believe me.”

“I don’t. Unless….is he mentally retarded? Or Blind?”

Those remarks stung and she glared at him, wishing so badly she could just say, No, Nick Carter. She just ignored him and left the break room and went back to her station. Her heart still fluttering as she heard the anger in Nick’s voice from the way Greg spoke to her. But it did worry her that he said he was going to see her sooner than she thought. She prayed to God he wasn’t going to barge in there and act like her hero….although it was rather romantic.


Thankfully her shift finally ended and she could stop holding her breath. She kept on waiting to hear Greg screaming at someone…that someone being Nick. She shook her head; he was probably just all talk. She didn’t see him as someone that would storm into a public workplace and make a scene, that just didn’t seem like him. Although, the Nick Carter she thought she knew, she didn’t know at all really. Nick Carter the Backstreet Boy was completely different than Nick Carter the man she had come and learned to know. She ran upstairs into the small staircase and punched in her five digit number and quickly jetted down the staircase and bumped into Greg.

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she began to walk away.

“Are you finished with everything?” He demanded.

She shrugged, “There are a few boxes that I need to ship down the belt, but I’m out so I’ll let the next person finish it,” she answered, walking out the door.

He ran after her and aggressively grabbed onto her arm, “NO!” He barked, “You go back in there and finish your job. It’s what I pay you for.”

Her green eyes turned a dark color as she tried to yank out of his grasp, but his grip was tight, “Let go of me!” She ordered, “This is harassment.”

A black car was waiting in the parking lot, the driver’s blue eyes raged as he watched the older man grab his girlfriend. He jumped out of the car and marched over towards the balding man, “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?!?” His voice sounded so loud, so angry.

“This is none of your concern.” He then looked back at Kimberly, “Now don’t make me tell you again. Now get your ass in there and finish you’re work! Or you no longer will have a job…do I make myself clear?!?”

Nick grabbed Kimberly and grabbed her arm and pulled her out of Greg’s seize and protectively pushed her behind him, “I should have you arrested!”

“Excuse me?!?” His brown eyes lit right up, “Arrested? For what?!?”

“For assaulting my girlfriend.” He took off his big dark sunglasses and glared at the man; he was shorter than him by a few inches, “Or maybe I should just take you out myself. Laying a hand on an employer like that, do you even know how many violations that is? You will not only lose your job, but I could sue your ass…and trust me, I’d win.”

Of course Greg had no idea who this guy was, he never listened to the Backstreet Boys. He had no idea how much money Nick had or the people he knew. Greg tried to put up a tough act and folded his arms, “I’d like to see you try it.”

He laughed, “You really don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, do you?”

Kimberly put her hand on Nick’s arm, “Can we please just leave? It’s not that big of a deal.”

His blue eyes turned dark and he stared at her. She wanted him to get off easy? He felt the anger rush throughout him, as he saw the imprint on her arm, “Has he done something like this before?!?” His head shot up to the balding man, “Oh, fuck it, I should just kill you!”

Suddenly Greg began to become a little frightened, not only did Nick have a few inches on him, he was younger and obviously looked stronger. He backed away slowly and put his hands up in defense, “Okay, there’s no reason to get hasty.” He looked back at Kimberly, “I’m sorry, you just got me really mad.” He then looked back at Nick and threw a fake smile, “See, I apologized…no harm done.”

“No harm done?!?” He shouted, “LOOK AT HER FUCKING ARM!” Kimberly was wearing a short sleeved light pink shirt and she had a red mark right above her elbow where he had viciously grabbed.

“I’m….I’m sorry, Kim,” that time it sounded like he almost meant it. “I shouldn’t have grabbed you like that.” He then looked up in Nick’s direction, “Don’t get the cops involved please? What do you want from me?”

Ha, so he had him at his mercy now. Nick’s face did not soften one bit and he looked him hard in the face, “You better start treating her with respect and if she tells me that you so much as raise your voice at her, I promise you, you won’t ever feel your legs again.”

Kimberly looked at Nick in disbelief; she never ever had anyone defend her in this way. Greg’s face was starting to turn a bit pale and he franticly nodded, “Yeah….yeah I swear I’ll be a lot nicer.”

“I’m not finished. You give her a raise.” He looked at her, “Baby Angel, how much do you make now?”

“Ten Fifty,” she answered.

A smirk formed around Nick’s lips, “Her new pay will be fifteen fifty.”

“Are you insane?!? A five dollar raise?!? That can’t be done.”

“Fine.” Nick wrapped his arm around her shoulder, “A lot more will be coming out of your pocket, I promise.” He looked at Kimberly, “When we get back we’ll take photos of your arm and show it to the police. And I’m sure charges of assault will be on your record and soon before you know it, you’re gonna be ass broke because I’m gonna sue you until you don’t have a dime left to your fucking name! Do I make myself clear?!?”

“Okay, okay. Fine, Kim I promise by next week you’ll get fifteen fifty.”

Nick looked satisfied, “Good.” He then left with his arm around his girlfriend and walked to his car.

As Kimberly got in, her face was just in stun, she could not believe what just happened. She got a five dollar raise?!? That was just….that was unbelievable! Nick got in and started the car, smiling at her with a wide smile, although her face looked more like flustered than anything and she couldn’t seem to compose it. She then looked at him just astonished, “I-I can’t believe you did that.”

He looked at her fretful; afraid he got her upset by threatening her boss like that, “Are you…are you mad at me?”

“What?!? No! The complete opposite actually…I’ve never had anyone ever do anything like that for me before.” She looked at him memorized and a small curve formed around her lips, “Every girl dreams of her Knight and Shining Armor will come and save her…well you defiantly saved me.”

Relief swept over him and he smiled, turning to her so that his body shifted and he pulled her tightly into his embrace and kissed her passionately on the mouth. She closed her eyes as she felt his tongue snake inside like a serpent and caressed her tongue, “You have saved me a few times if you don’t recall,” he said, with a heart melting smile. “With you roommate and then with that girl at the movies. I was just paying you back.”

She giggled, “Oh is that it, huh?”

“Yep.” The smile was still molded onto his perfect face and he stroked her cheek with the back of his hand, “Plus, I’d never let anyone hurt you.”

She had to fight the urge, she couldn’t say it…she wouldn’t say it. I love you she kept on repeating over and over in her mind, but she would never allow herself to say the words. She knew she would frighten him, Hell she was frightened for even thinking it, “You are so amazing,” she murmured.

He smiled and cupped her chin and pressed his lips against hers once more, giving her such a sweet kiss she thought she was going to melt in his embrace. She felt her heart pouncing so loudly, he must have heard, “I’m not the only one,” he purred into her ear before gently nibbling on her earlobe

She could feel herself trembling, “How did I get so lucky to meet you?”

He smirked, “Baby, I’m the lucky one, trust me.” He then pulled away and turned on the car, “So do you want to change before we go meet up with Angel….or do you want to go like that?”

Kimberly scrunched up her face, “Ew, no way. When I meet your sister I want to look somewhat decent. What time is it?”

He looked at the clock on the radio, “Two thirty.”

“Hmm, I don’t know if she’s home or not.” She pulled out her phone and dialed her roommate’s number, “Hey Laura, its Kim. Are you home…oh yeah? When you gonna be back….okay nah, that’s cool I was just wondering. Nah, I just gotta head to the house to pick up some things….yeah I’m gonna go out with Dave tonight.” She rolled her eyes, “I’m not gonna sleep with him. I don’t see why you keep hounding me with this, it’s not like I’m a virgin or something…ugh, well I’ll see you later. Yeah, bye.” She then hung up her phone and let out a loud sigh, “She’s at a modeling gig right now so she’ll be away for at least a few hours.”

“Okay, then. We’ll head to your place so you can get changed.”

“Okay,” she said with a smile.

Nick started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He had his hand on the arm rest intertwined with Kimberly’s fingers. He glanced at her, “So why is it that you think Laura wants you to have sex so badly?”

She groaned, “Man, I wish I knew! She feels like guys won’t like me because I don’t give it up and she thinks you aka Dave won’t like me unless I fuck you.” She sighed, “It’s kind of depressing for her to think the only way I’ll be able to keep a guy is if I have to have sex with him.”

Nick lifted her hand and brought it up to his lips and kissed the top of it, “I never want you to feel you ever have to do anything with me, okay?”

She nodded, “I know.”

He didn’t sound convinced, “I mean it, Kim. I like you more than just for your good looks,” he said, with a small smirk.

“Good looks right,” she mumbled with a laugh.

His face turned stern, “I’m going to make you realize how beautiful you are. Just watch and see,” he promised.

Kimberly could feel her face burn from her face heating up and she knew she must be blushing. She turned her face away; he made her feel more than beautiful, he must have known that. Shortly they pulled into the empty driveway of her apartment and both walked out of the vehicle and Nick wrapped his arm loosely around her waist as they walked to the front door. She glanced at him and smiled, she couldn’t get over the feeling he gave her. She was still awaiting to wake up from this amazing fantasy. When she walked up to the door, she scrambled through her purse and dug out the keys and slipped it into the lock and opened the heavy door. They both walked in and Nick sat down on the couch, as she shut the door behind her and turned to him. He lit up the whole room…no the whole apartment.

“So you going to get ready?” He asked.

“That’s the plan,” she answered, with a playful smile. “But I wanna shower too, I smell gross.”

A smirk grow on his lips, “Shower, huh?” And he raised an eyebrow.

She laughed, “You better be good this time.” Kimberly approached him, “No spying on me,” she ordered, with a tint of teasing in her tone.

He grinned and once she was close enough he gripped her hips and pulled her forward; gently forcing her to sit down on his lap. She spread her legs so that they were on each side of him, “Hmm, I don’t know if I know the meaning of the word good.”

She laughed, “Yes I know!”

He licked his bottom lip, pulling her down on him slightly so that their faces were just inches from one another. Without a moment to waste his mouth was pressed against hers. She felt as his tongue glided across hers, Kimberly could feel herself melting into his kiss; her body trembling as he gently nibbled on her lower lip. “I promise,” he spoke in a whisper. “I’ll wait for you down here.” A smile curved around his lips. “But I will tell you, how difficult it’s going to be on me, knowing you are upstairs completely naked.” He shook his head in anguish, “I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do it.”

“I have faith in you,” she giggled over his lips.

His phone then beeped, he pulled it out of his pocket and made a small moan, “It’s Angel. She wants to know where I am,” he said, with a small chuckle.

“Ooh, shit!” Kimberly jumped off his lap, “I’ll be really quick I promise!”

He smiled, “It’s cool, take your time. I’ll just tell her we’re having sex or something,” he joked, but her eyes grew wide open and he couldn’t help but laugh at her expression. “Relax, I’m kidding!”

The smile then quickly returned on her face as soon as it left, “Okay, I’ll be fast!” With that said she hurried up the stairs and ran into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Nick just laughed and shook his head at the silly girl. He decided to call his sister and tell her that they would be there shortly. He dialed her number, “FINALLY!” She barked into the phone, “Don’t you know how to text back?!?”

He laughed, “Sorry, I was a little…uh busy.”

“Er, come on, Nick. I’m your sister. It’s bad enough I need to hear about it from the tabloids but not you!”

He loved how easy it was to mess with Angel. She was like his best friend out of the whole family and yet so much fun to torture at the same time, “Nah, not like that,” he promised. “I pretty much had to threaten this loser. I swear this girl works at a hell hole! She needs out.”

“And let me guess, you’d be the one to support her…right?” Her tone screaming of disapproval, “How much did she have to beg you to give her a few grand?”

He groaned, “No, she’s not like that, Angel.” Nick loved his sister more than a brother could love a sister, but he absolutely hated how overprotective she was. Wasn’t it supposed to be the other way around? Sure, most of the girls he dated she did not approve of and for various good reasons. But this girl he was seeing, she was different…he never dated anyone like her before. Kimberly was defiantly not like most of the girls he would be seen with, maybe he was with her because he needed a change. But hey…sometimes change is a good thing. He made her feel good and that was all that mattered.

“Neither was the last one...or so you said. And look what she did to you!”

Yes, he said the same thing about Cindy, but he was blinded and quickly saw the real her after only a few months. Sure, he liked the girl, but not enough to where he’d allow her to rob him blind. He was blinded by her good looks, Kimberly was different she wasn’t after anything – she had no need to use him. “Just meet her first before you judge, okay?”

“Nick I just know how you are with women – you make horrible choices. I just don’t want to see you hurt. I mean, how do you really know this girl is right for you?”

“Because…I’m the one that went to her. She’s so different, Ang…she’s like no one I ever dated before.”

“But she’s taking money from you, Nick!” She spat, “How is that being different?”

“No, she’s not!” He raised his voice, “Look, just don’t judge her until you meet her. And I mean it, Angel you better be nice!”

She huffed, “Fine, I’ll be on my best behavior…how’s that?”

He let out a loud sigh, “Please….I really like her. Don’t ruin it for me because you’re worried she’s not good enough for me. Promise me?” He pleaded.

“Fine, fine I promise, Nick. Just hurry up and get here, alright?!?” With that the line went dead.

Nick aggressively ran his hands through his hair, he never felt so petrified on letting any of his girlfriends meet his sister before. What if she chased Kimberly away? Fear overcame him, maybe having her meet Angel wasn’t the best idea. Should he cancel? Before he could call her back, the shower stopped. Oh man, what was he going to do? He knew his sister wasn’t going to be nice, she was everything but that! The only thing he could do was pray she would be on her best behavior like she promised.