- Text Size +
~ Chapter 8 ~



Angel could feel her anger rising, she wanted to just throw the phone! She let out a small scream as she tossed her red BlackBerry phone onto the white chair that was across from her and ran her hands through her dark long hair.

“What's wrong with you?” Questioned Benny; her boyfriend, “Not a good conversation?”

She looked up at her boyfriend with dark eyes as she could feel the annoyance build up, “Ugh, Nick is so stupid sometimes!” She stood up and walked into the kitchen to grab a drink from the refrigerator and pulled out a can of Diet Coke. She snapped it open and felt the carbonated liquid fill her mouth.

Benny walked in and sat down at the table as he glanced up at his girlfriend, “What did he do now?”

“So he's dating this new girl,” she began.

“Oh, God,” he groaned. “Here we go.”

She raised one of her thin dark eyebrows at her boyfriend, and glared at him, “Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean?”

Benny sighed and stood up and walked towards Angel; she barely reached his shoulders. He was about 6'3 and rubbed her bare arms up and down and stared at her with his hazel eyes, “Angie,” he said, in a soft tone. “I know that you feel you have to look out for Nick – ”

“I do!” She interrupted, “Nobody else is gonna do it!”

“Baby, he's your older brother, I think he can take care of himself. He has for a long time now.”

Angel could feel herself getting heated, as her own boyfriend thought she was too protective! “Yes and look where it got him?!?” She snarled, “Do you not remember Paris Hilton? Do you not know what that bitch did to him? Did to his reputation?”

“You warned him about her?” He questioned, in a dubious tone.

“Uh...yeah! It was fucking Paris Hilton!” She almost yelled, “I didn't want my brother touching her with a ten-foot pole!”

“And why don't you want him with this new girl?” He wondered, as he sat back down on the wooden chair, with the blue cushion.

She pulled out a chair and sat next to him and took another sip of her soda, “Well, first he tells me that she's a fan.” She shook her head in disgust, “Fans don't even look at him like he's a real person, just some God-like creature. It's so disgusting!”

Benny raised both of his light brown eyes brows and tried to look at Angel seriously, “And you really think that Nick has a problem with that?!?” He was doing all he could to hide the amusement in his raspy voice.

“That's not love, Ben!” She sighed and dipped her head, “All these stupid girls just want to use or hurt my brother.” Her eyes then turned hard, “And I swear to God, I'm not gonna stick around and just watch it happen. He used to date this girl Cindy and I knew something wasn't right about her and I had a bad feeling. I sometimes think maybe if I actually told him about how I felt it could have been prevented, you know?”

Benny sighed and put his hand on his girlfriend's legs, “Babe, you can't always monitor who he dates all the time. I know you want to look out for him, but he's a big boy. Anyway, so you don't like this girl just because she's a fan? Some fans are cool,” he admitted.

She shrugged, “It just seems he always goes for the bad ones.” She groaned, “But he did make me promise to be on my best behavior.”

He laughed, “So no scaring this one off?”

“Which ones have I ever scared off?”

“Come on, Angie there were a few that he was interested in and you told them if they so much as kiss him, no one would be able to find their body.”

She laughed, “I remember this one girl was such a slut! Nick probably only wanted to fuck her anyway.”

“So let him. If that's all he's interested in, why not let the guy have some fun?”

She began to play with the gray soda can with her fingers, looking down at it, “You know, all my life Nick has always been more like a father to me than a brother. He was there for me when my dad wasn't. He always had my back and always protected me when boys hurt me. Like when Collin cheated on me....oh man did he ever pay the price,” she laughed. “He broke Collin's nose. But the main thing is, he's always been there for me when I needed him....and I just want to be there for him. No one else is. My dad is ugh...well you know what he did to Aaron. He was in rehab for almost a year getting clean because of him. Then there's my mother who well...she's so money starved, that's all she cared about. BJ just cares about getting another shot and Leslie...Mike is the only one she cares about. She pretty much disowned us,” she said depressingly. “I'm all he has,” she said, above a whisper, as she lifted her head and met his hazel eyes.

Benny knew that the Carters weren't the best family in America, but he had no idea they were that bad. The way Angel sounded....it tore his heart in two. He was lucky, he had a family that truly loved him, but Angel...she wasn't so lucky. It almost seemed Nick was her only family. He put his hand on top of hers and rubbed the top of her hand with his thumb, “Let's meet the girl before you go deciding the verdict, okay?”

She nodded, “Okay,” she murmured.

“I mean for all we know, she could be pretty awesome. And in my opinion, I think it would be better if he dated a girl that wasn't in the spotlight all the time like how Paris was. He needs a normal girl...and who knows she could be it.”

Angel rolled her brown eyes at her boyfriend, “You always see the best in people.”

“And you always see the worst,” he pointed out. He stood up and kissed her on the head, “I'm going to take a quick shower.”

Angel sat there for a few minutes and sighed....maybe that was her problem. She never saw the good in anyone, she only saw their bad sides. She knew her biggest issue was that she felt no one was ever going to be good enough for her brother, especially not some fan he met at a mall. She ran her hands through her dark hair, she just didn't think she could bare seeing him get hurt again when she could possibly stop it.



Kimberly wrapped a big red towel around her body and stepped out of the bathroom, soaking wet. Being cautious in case Nick decided not to keep his word on being good, but she walked into her room without any problems and she smiled as she shut the door behind her and dropped the towel onto the floor and went through her underwear drawer. She pulled out a cute pink thong and slid it on and pulled out a white wonder bra that was made of lace. After she hooked it, she looked in the mirror and smiled seeing her bust got the lift she needed. She then began to go through her closet, searching through the summer dresses. She wanted to look nice when she first met Nick's sister. A baby blue one caught her eye and she smirked, as she pulled it out, pressed it against her body, as she turned to the mirror. She took the hanger off and slipped it on, wow that bra sure did wonders! She was lifted and her breasts looked nice and firm in the dress, a decent amount of cleavage was shown, but not enough to where it looked trashy. She didn't want to give the wrong impression to his sister. She didn't know much about her, but what she did know was that she was a real shark. She was nasty; at least that's what she heard from a few girls that had met her. Kimberly was honestly a bit concerned she wasn't going to like her. She was extremely protective of Nick – of course these are all stories she heard. For all she knew, this girl could careless what her brother did. Rumors were a bit ridiculous when it came to the Carters.

Her hair was still wet, she quickly grabbed the brush and yanked the tangles out and soon her hair was snarl free. She then grabbed the purple can of moose that was on her white dresser and put a white blob of it into her hand and began to squash it into her hair. Soon her hair was wet and crimpy, she loved it. She then quickly turned to make up and began to lightly add some color to her face. Her green eyes stood out as she added blue around the lids and black eyeliner underneath, throwing some blush on her cheeks and some lip gloss to make her lips shine. She felt lovely, Nick made her feel this way. She decided to throw on some slip on sandals that had a two inch heel. She took one quick glance into the mirror before exiting the room and walking down the stairs. All she needed was the song, Kiss Me and she'd feel like Laney Boggs from She's All That.


Nick heard the heels taping on the hardwood stairs and he turned his attention towards the staircase and that was when his blue eyes grew with astonishment. He immediately jumped up off the couch to meet her at the bottom of the stairs and his blue eyes skimming every inch of her, “Wow.”

She could feel her face flush from his stunned expression, “Well...I'm ready. Do you....do you think I look okay?”

“Better than okay!” Kimberly was about two step higher than him, so she was about three inches taller than him, “You look incredible.”

“Thank you.” She bent her head down and that was when Nick captured her lips with his. She put her hands onto his face, as she felt his tongue slowly slip into her mouth. Kimberly closed her eyes, and allowed his tongue to molest hers. Suddenly she felt his arms wrap around her waist and lift her from the stairs and carried her over to the couch, laying her down on it and crawled on top of her, attaching his lips back onto hers. She moaned as he kissed her, his hands began to glide down her body. His body just hovering over hers, his mouth then left hers and began to kiss her down her neck and down to her cleavage. Kimberly's fingers tangled into his blonde hair, she could feel herself getting turned on as she felt his tongue on her skin, as his hands roamed her body, “Nick,” she moaned. “Nick, stop.” Although her words didn't sound the convincing.

He pulled away and looked into her eyes, “What's the matter, Baby Angel?”

She could feel her heart quiver as he looked at her with such lust, such passion, she had almost forgotten why she stopped him. “We're....we're going to be late.”

He grinned and kissed her lips, “I was thinking.....what if we just bail out on seeing Angel?” His fingers tracing down her lower stomach; aiming for the most sweetest part of her body, “I will give you a birthday gift you won't ever forget,” with that said, his head dropped, pressing his face against her bosom.

She could feel her breathing growing heavy; did she want to let him ravish her? After all it was her birthday....it was a gift he wanted to give her. How could she possibly deny him? He took his face out of her chest and his hair fell upon his eyes looking so seductive, making her feel so weak. Would she even have the strength to turn him away? Her body has been screaming at her to give in to him, he's proven himself that wasn't all he was after. So why the Hell not, right? Before she could give him an answer his phone rang and he let it ring for a few moments, just staring at her, pretty much undressing her with his eyes. Finally he pulled it out of his pocket and casually said, “Hello?”

“Nick, where are you? Benny and I have been waiting for almost an hour in a half.”

“Uh...yeah about that – ”

“Look, I'm sorry,” said his sister. “I was talking to Benny about it and maybe I'm just being really overprotective and I'm sorry. I just love you and I don't want you hurt. I'm sure I'll like her, how about we do a double date? Want to go to Disney?”

Nick had a thoughtful look come across his face and he got off Kimberly, “Disney? Today?”

“Well, yeah. It's only about four, it doesn't close until late. I mean, if you don't want to, we won't. I just thought it was something fun we all could do.”

“That's a great idea! Where do you want us to meet you?”

Friday's,” she answered. “Let's get acquainted a bit more....so we can eat before we go. It'll be fun.”

“Angel, I love you.”

She laughed, “Like I haven't heard that before! See you soon, love ya.”

“Love ya too.” He then hung up his phone and had a large grin on his face, “Come on, Baby Angel we're gonna be late!”

Kimberly was a little unsure of his actions, first he didn't want to leave and just wanted to fuck her silly, now after one phone call he was leaping with anticipation. “Uh....what did I just miss?” She asked, as she slowly began to sit up.

He grabbed her wrists and helped her up and crushed her into him. She was surprised by his sudden gust of enthusiasm and she laughed, “Well, you sure are in a good mood now. Did Angel say something good?”

He pulled away just an inch and smirked, “Yep. You're going to have a good birthday...of course not as good as what I was about to do...” he touched her bottom lip with her finger and dragged it down her throat and to her breasts, “But I promise I'll give you that later,” he swore with a seductive grin, which caused her to get shivers.

“Where are you taking me exactly?” She wondered.

“Right now....Friday's. Hope you're hungry.” He then smiled and took hold of her hand and led her out of the apartment.



“Do you think Disney was such a good idea?” Wondered Angel, as she looked at her boyfriend.

He nodded, “I don't see why not. It's fun, you guys can get to know each other, without it being so strained.”

“At least they let us into the VIP section,” she mumbled, as she took a sip of her fruity mixed drink.

“Gotta love having strings,” teased Benny.

She couldn't disagree to that. She was only nineteen years old, but because she was the famous Nick Carter's sister, she got privileges that other people her age couldn't. Like having an alcoholic mixed drink. She then saw a waitress escorting her brother, whom was with the girl named Kim. She was going to be nice, she had to keep on telling herself that. She watched as Nick's fingers were laced with hers. She skimmed this girl....she sure was different. Different than any of the other girls he had dated. She was wearing a sundress that was blue and it caused her to glow. It just went above her knees and the top was a little tight near the bust, but she's seen worse. Her light brown hair was down and crimped, she was a cute looking girl, she'd give her that. Defiantly couldn't be a model, she seemed beyond average. She had never seen her brother with any girl that looked so....well normal before.

“Ms. Carter,” said the waitress in a thick British accent, “Here are your guests. Someone will be over shortly to take your orders.”

Kimberly looked at the tall hefty woman and nodded with a smile, “Thank you very much.” The waitress smiled back and then went on her way, down the aisle.

Nick and Kimberly then scooted into the booth on the opposite side from Angel and Benny. Nick was all smiles, “Hey, sorry we're late.”

“Nick told me last minute while I was at work that we were going to be going out,” Kimberly softly spoke. “So I wanted to take a shower before....so I'm pretty much the reason...so sorry.”

Angel studied this girl, she couldn't find any traces of fraud in her voice. She seemed sincere and truthful. “Nick's always late as it is,” she said, with a little laugh. “So I was expecting him not to show up on time.”

Nick smiled at his sister, she was keeping her word....she was acting civil. He then shrugged, “I'm good like that.”

“Yes, we know,” chuckled Angel.

Benny then looked at Kimberly, “So you work?”

She somehow knew that topic was going to be coming up. Just because she was dating a guy with money, people assumed she would just quit her job. That aggravated her. She just nodded, “Yes.”

“What do you do?” He wondered.

She stared at this handsome man, he and Angel were obviously perfect for each other. They were both beautiful. Angel had her long, dark, silky flowing hair and killer body. Although she looked fierce, Kimberly was actually a little intimidated by her, but she tried to act as casual as she could. Benny on the other hand.....he wasn't nearly as intimidating as his girlfriend. He had boyish good looks; he looked as though he could be a underwear model or something. His light brown hair was spiked and his hazel eyes seemed to suck you in. He had a very attractive face and his body was pretty impressive as well. It defiantly looked like he worked out, she could see the biceps through the white T-Shirt he was wearing.

She shrugged, “It's nothing great. I work at a factory called AMD I load ship boxes and stuff.”

“It's a shit hole,” finished Nick.

She rolled her eyes at him, “Yeah, it's not the best job, but hey it's a job and I'm just happy I have one.”

Benny nodded, “Nice. Do you plan on keeping the job?”

She looked at him surprised, “Of course.” She then laughed, “How else am I going to pay my bills?” She then caught on what he was saying, “Oh...I see.” Her face then turned stern, “I make my own money, I like making my own money. It's how I am.”

“Most girls that date my brother usually don't think like that,” said Angel as kind as possible....but not kind enough, because Nick's face turned hard as he stared at her.

Kimberly then shrugged, “I'm not like most girls,” she assured them.

“I know,” said Nick, with a smile as he looked at her. “That's what made me so interested in you.” He then leaned over and kissed her sweetly onto the cheek.

She flushed and dipped her head, feeling her face growing hot. Nick laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gently pulled her into him. His eyes were tight as he stared at his sister. It was almost like they were having a private conversation, for her eyes were tight as she stared at him as well. Soon enough another waitress walked over and took their orders. Benny could feel the hostility between Nick and Angel, so he tried to change the subject.

“So tell me, Kim. How did you meet Nick?”

“At a mall,” she answered.

“Who approached who?” Wondered Angel.

“I saw her from outside the store I was in,” began Nick, still staring at her with sharp eyes. He then shrugged, “I don't know what it was, but I thought she was beautiful.” Kimberly dipped her head again, hated how hot her face was becoming, he chuckled and rubbed her bare arm with his knuckles that was wrapped around her, “So I told Mike to get her to come in the store I was in...unfortunately her roommate had to come too,” he rolled his eyes at that part.

“Don't like her?” Questioned Angel, curious by the hostile tone in his voice.

“She’s a bitch,” he answered.

“I actually thought Nick was staring at Laura the whole time....not me. I mean if you put me and Laura together – ”

“Don’t,” warned Nick, as he stared at her with hard eyes.

“Sorry,” she mumbled.

A second later the food came and they began to eat their meal; however that got Angel curious...beyond curious. “What was that about?”

He shook his head, “Nothing. This girl Laura drills all this shit into Kim’s head, making her feel less attractive than she is.” Nick then looked at his girlfriend, “But I promised her I’m going to change that. And make her realize how hot she really is.” A grin formed around his lips as he watched Kimberly’s face turn pink and he pulled her closer, kissing her on top of the head.

Angel raised her eyebrow as she studied the girl's face, she didn't like the attention that he was giving her in front of her and Benny...at least that was the impression that she was getting. She was a pretty quiet girl, polite. Most girls would be making out with him in a heartbeat, not caring who saw. They loved the attention...but not this one. Maybe this one was different that the others.

Kimberly tried to make conversation, asking Angel where she got her clothes, little things like that. She then studied her brother, she couldn't remember the last time she had seen him so happy. Even with Cindy he never looked like this. Although everyone could see perfectly through Cindy's mask, it might have taken Nick longer to notice it, but he soon saw it too. As much as Angel hated it, she thought she might actually be able to accept this girl as her brother's new girlfriend. She wasn't fake, she had her own job and even though she was unhappy with where she worked, she wanted to keep it so she could make her own money. That alone was pretty impressive. She knew how her brother disliked when the girl he was with worked, he wanted to be the one to be able to support them. It was sweet, but when they broke up that would leave the girl jobless so Nick would be obligated to give them a large check until they were back on their feet. That was one of the things she hated about her brother.

Soon the dinner finished and Nick of course took the bill. Angel argued with him for a bit saying she could take it, but he ignored his little sister and paid it....left a good tip as well. Nick always was a good tipper.

“So where to now?” Wondered Kimberly, as she walked through the restaurant with Nick's arm securely wrapped around her waist. She could feel people's eyes on her, but she tried to ignore them.

He looked at her and grinned, “You'll see. I can just say, you're going to have a fun birthday.”

“Birthday?” Questioned Benny, “It's your birthday today?”

She nodded, “Yeah.”

“How old are you?” Wondered Angel.

“Twenty three.”

“So do you want us to just follow you?” Asked Nick, once they all reached the parking lot.

She nodded, “Yeah, might as well. It only takes an hour to get there.”

“What time does it close?” Benny asked.

“I looked into it, like one in the morning or so. So we have plenty of time,” replied Angel with a smirk. “It's gonna be fun.”

Kimberly looked up at Nick questionable, “What are you guys talking about?” She somehow knew he wasn't going to budge so she looked at his sister, “Where are you guys taking me?”

A smirk formed around Angel's thin lips, “I'm not saying. You'll have fun though, I promise.”

She could tell that Angel was a lot like her brother....she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

“Okay, so we'll follow you,” Nick said, as he and Kimberly stood next to his car. “Which one are you in?”

“The red Plymouth,” answered Benny.

“Okay then.” He smiled and he and Kimberly then got into the car and waited until Angel and her boyfriend got into theirs.

Kimberly eyed him, “What is up your sleeve, Mr. Carter?”

He laughed, “You're just gonna have to wait and see.” He leaned over and pressed his lips against hers, “I just want you to have a good birthday. It should be fun.”

“Hmm...”

“What? You don't believe me?”

“No, I do. I just wish I knew what you were up to, that's all,” she replied. “I don't like being kept into the dark.”

“Don't worry; you won't be in the dark for too long, I promise.” He smiled and once he saw the red Plymouth pull out, he pulled out as well and began to follow the car that was in front of them. His fingers intertwined with Kimberly's and his thumb was caressing the top of her hand. He would often glance over at her, she would smile at him, but she was still trying to read him. Where the hell was he taking her? She wished she was paying attention to that damn phone call he had gotten, but she was so discombobulated from him kissing her....debating whether or not if she wanted to let him ravish her. He caught her staring at him intently and he laughed, “Baby Angel, what’s wrong?”

She just smiled and shook her head at him, “You’re pretty hard to read sometimes.”

He grinned, “I know.”

Nick decided to try to get her mind off of where he was taking her, so he began to just talk about random things. About her favorite places, her color even. The more he learned about her, the more he found himself falling harder. Nothing she ever said threw him off, he loved learning more about this young woman. What was it that fascinated him so? She defiantly was like no one he had ever dated before; she was so average, so funny, and so perfect.

Kimberly began telling Nick more about her best friend, Ashley. He could hear the sadness in her voice how far apart they live now. As she was telling him about one of their crazy joy rides to Cape Code, she noticed the huge sign that said, Walt Disney World: Where Dreams Come True. Her jaw dropped and she looked over at Nick and he had a full smile that was spread across his face. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close, pissing her on her temple, “Happy birthday, Baby Angel.”

“You’re taking me here?!?” Excitement filled her voice.

“Well….it was Angel’s idea.”

That surprised her even more. Why would Angel want to go to Disney? She didn’t know it was her birthday. It took nearly about twenty minutes to get to the parking lot and grab a ticket. Nick parked right near Angel and the four of them began to walk to the park. Kimberly saw that Angel was wearing black Capri jeans with a small white tank top. The pink bikini top was noticeable through the fabric; her long dark hair was thrown up in a messy pony tail. Her finger nails almost as dark as her hair, matching her toenails, which were exposed from her open toe white sandals. She suddenly felt over dressed, she wished Nick gave her the heads up, and then maybe she could have worn something a bit more appropriate.

Nick intertwined his fingers with hers as he walked by her side. They walked over towards a small train it looked like. It was a dark blue; people were lined up, trying to hurry to get on it. Kimberly then glanced at Nick, seeing he was wearing no sunglasses or a hat, “Aren’t you worried about people stopping you?”

He looked at her and shrugged, with half a smile, “It’s Disney, most people here are only gonna be worried about meeting Mickey Mouse. And if people come up to me, it won’t be a big deal.” He then released her hand and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her into him, “I don’t want to have to hide today. It’s your birthday.”

She smiled and sweetly kissed him, “Did your mom ever drop you in a tub of sugar or something?”

Nick raised an eyebrow, looking at her bewildered, “Uh….not that I’m aware of,” he said, with a laugh. “Why?”

She laughed and wrapped both of her arms around his waist, squeezing him, “Because you’re too sweet.”

Suddenly Angel let out a loud laugh and they both looked at her. She put her hand over her mouth, “I’m sorry….but that was funny.” She shook her head at Kimberly and walked over towards her, “Give it a few more weeks, then you’ll be able to see the side of Nick where he’s not such a ladies’ man.”

Nick looked at his sister annoyed. But his expression softened when she saw the smirk around his sister’s thin lips and he smiled. She was excepting Kimberly and that meant more to him than she realized. Soon the tiny train came and the four of them walked on. Eyes were on Nick and a few girls began talking to him, asking if he was Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. Of course he could have lied, but Angel was right there and even fans knew who she was. The girls were in their late teens, flirting up a storm with him, Kimberly just sat there quiet, not knowing what to do. What could she do? They were fans, she wasn’t going to tell them to back off. Although she could feel the jealousy eating at her. She hated this feeling.

Angel caught her expression and she snapped her head at the two girls that were being far too friendly with her brother. One girl even had her hand on his shoulder, gently rubbing it, “We’re kind of on vacation,” she lied. “So can you just sit back in your seats and let us enjoy ourselves? Nick is just Nick today, no Backstreet, nothing…let him be a regular guy for once. Is that really too much to ask?!?”

The girls looked at Angel horrified and walked away back into their seats. Nick looked at his sister outraged, “What the hell was that?!?” He demanded, “What have I told you about being mean to my fans?”

Kimberly looked at her in almost disbelief. Did she do that for her? Angel just looked at her and winked and then looked back at her brother, whom was fuming. She just shrugged, “They were pissing me off. Plus, didn’t you say it was Kim’s birthday or something? Well, I don’t think she was having a very good time while those whores were throwing themselves at you. I mean, come on you gotta tell them to leave you alone once in a while. That’s why your relationships don’t always last; they can’t take your idiotic fans. God knows I can’t and I’m your sister!”

His blue eyes turned dark as he stared at his sister. Kimberly could feel the tension between the siblings grow. She knew Angel only told the girls off because she could see how much it was affecting her, so she rubbed his knee with her finger tips, “Don’t be upset,” she whispered. “It’s my day, right? So rule number one….no being upset. It’s just not allowed.”

He looked at her and licked his lips and smiled, “Fine.” He kissed her lightly on the lips, “Did those girls make your upset?”

Should she be honest? She didn't want him to think she was like one of those girls that hated when fans were around. It was his job and she wouldn't want to take away from his admirers...Hell, she used to be one of them! She didn't want Nick to think that she was jealous, she wanted him to be able to chill with his fans while she was around. So Kimberly just looked at him and smiled, “Nah. Girls love you. I think it's nice that you are so good to your fans.”

“I know they were being a bit forward,” he admitted. “That didn't make you feel uncomfortable....did it?”

She chewed on her bottom lip, not knowing the correct answer. She didn't want to upset him, but she wanted to be able to tell him the truth at the same time, so she just shrugged. “A little, but I'm not gonna let dumb things like that upset me.” She then looked at him seriously, “If you don't recall, I used to be one of them.”

He smiled kindly at her, loving how easy going she was and how open she was being with her feelings. He shook his head at her, “No, you defiantly weren't one of them.”

That even caught Angel's attention as she studied Kimberly's face as she replied. Kimberly looked at him slightly confused, “Oh no?” She said, with a small laugh.

“Nope. You were never like those girls, you never came onto me like that....Hell, you didn't even come onto me at all! I believe I was the one that came onto you,” he told her, with a smirk. “And man, Baby Angel that was one Hell of a turn on.”

Angel almost looked as surprise as Kimberly, “Wait, so let me get this straight.” Once she said that, the train stopped and they all got off and walked through the park, “You never came onto Nick?”

She shook her head, “Nope.”

“But yet you like him?”

She laughed, “I think that's kind of a given.”

Benny groaned, “Come on, Angel. There's no need to be playing protective sister right now. We're here to have fun.”

She glared at her boyfriend, “I'm just asking a few questions....we're bonding. Why don't you get me a drink or something,” she said, as she fluttered her lashes.

He rolled his eyes, “Fine.”

“Baby Angel, want me to get you anything? I'm kind of thirsty, so I think I'm gonna go with Ben for a few.”

“Yeah...can I have a Sprite, please?” She asked, with a sweet smile.

He smirked, “Maybe....if I get something out of it.”

She grinned and wrapped her arms around his neck, doing all she possibly could to fight the feelings she was feeling. She wanted to just say the words, but she knew she couldn't. She felt her stomach do a flip, as his hands rested on her hips. He softly pressed his lips onto hers, not even caring they were in public; it seemed he didn't care about anything, but her. He slipped his tongue into her mouth, wanting to do so much more than just this tease of a kiss. When he pulled away he left out a soft groan, “God, I don't think you even realize how tempting you look right now.”

She smiled, “Oh yeah?”

“Yes,” he said in a deep voice.

Angel loudly cleared her throat, “Okay, too much PDA. Nick, just go,” she said, as she laughed. “I wanna talk to your girlfriend without you. So leave.”

Should Kimberly be scared? Nick studied his sister for a long moment before, releasing his girlfriend and leaving with Benny. “Be nice,” he hissed, as he walked past her.

She just rolled her chocolate eyes, “Get me a Coke!” She shouted and smiled, seeing Nick glare at her.

Kimberly wasn't sure if she should be afraid or not, “So um...what's up?” She asked, in a skittish voice.

Angel smiled sweetly at her, “I'm not as mean as they make me out to be...” she paused, “But I do look out for my brother. So you really didn't hit on him?”

She shook her head, “Nope.”

Angel looked surprised, “Why not?” She asked, with a laugh, “I mean, it's obvious you like him....don't you?”

“Of course I do. I think I like him too much,” she said, with a soft laugh.

She saw that Angel's eyes were glued to her facial expression, “What do you mean by that?”

She shrugged, “I don't know.” She wished so badly that she just kept her mouth shut, “I'm just not used to feeling so good...I'm not used to someone making me feel like this.”

Her stern face turned soft, “Why not?”

“I haven't had much luck in the men department....so when Nick came knocking at my door, it blew me away! I mean, at first I thought it was too good to be true. I thought he was there only to see Laura or something...she was pretty forward to him when she met him at the mall. I honestly always thought that's what he liked. Girls being forward with him and plus Laura's a knock out, so I figured that was gonna help her snag him.”

Angel studied her face, trying to read her, “If that's what you thought he liked why weren't you like that?”

“I may have liked him, but I'm not gonna pretend to be something I'm not...no matter how some people want me.” She then shifted her eyes away, hoping she didn't see the despair in her eyes.

“What do you mean?” She wondered, her voice softer, much kinder.

“Laura thinks the only way I can keep a man is to sleep with him. And well, I'm not like that. I rather have feelings for a person before letting him have me in that way. In her eyes if you're not gorgeous no one will want you. I guess from living with her and hearing it constantly I was starting to believe it.”

Angel looked at her bewildered, “Kim,” she said. “You're very pretty.”

She smiled kindly at her nice words, “Thanks. Nick's been awesome though, defiantly boosting my self confidence.”

“Good,” she said, with a smile. “So you know, when Nick told me about you, I wasn't really sure about you. He told me he met a girl that he liked a lot and she was a fan and all I could think was, oh no, not another one. Most of the girls he falls for they end up really hurting him, or using him. Not just for fame or anything, but just for who he is. Or they think he's some sort of God and forget he's a human being and treat him like he's this perfect guy. You'd be surprised how sick and tired of being treated like some superior he gets. So when I met you, I had my guard up, I was trying to figure out your true motives. Making sure you really liked my brother and wasn't after anything. And honestly, if he never told me, I never would have thought you were a fan. You're very normal, it's nice to finally meet someone I can talk to,” she said, with a smile.

Kimberly then felt all weight lifted off her shoulders, “So does this mean I passed the test?”

“With flying colors,” she answered, with a grin.

“Sorry it took so long!” Said Benny, as he walked over with a twenty oz' of Coke in his hand, “Nick got mobbed with fans.”

“It's okay,” said Kimberly, with a kind smile.

Nick then handed her, her drink, “Miss me?” He teased.

“Hardly,” snickered Angel.

He ignored her and looked at Kimberly, she laughed, “Yes! I started to go through with drawls! Thank God, you're here!” She dramatically wrapped her arms around his waist.

Angel started to laugh. Benny looked at her and smiled, “Looks like you two are getting along well.”

Kimberly smiled, “Yeah, Angel's cool.”

Nick laughed, “Did she drug you while we were away?!?”

Angel smacked his arm, “Shut up. Don't be jealous because I'm cooler than you. So anyway,” she said, as she took a sip of her soda. “What do you want to do first?”

“Tower of Terror!” Answered Nick, with a grin. He then looked at Kimberly, “Come on, Baby Angel.”

She just laughed, as Nick grabbed her wrist and pulled her long. Angel admired the two and for the first time in a long time, she was truly happy for her brother.


The four-some went on a numerous amount of rides. It was Kimberly's first time at Disney, so Nick made sure to make it eventful for her. He thanked Angel a few times for mentioning the theme park. When they went on fast rides like roller coasters, Kimberly had to be sure to sit on her sundress so that it didn't go flying up. She truly was having a wonderful time, this was probably one of her best birthdays that she's ever had. A few fans would come up them and ask for pictures with Nick, even with Angel. Angel had a small fanbase, once Kimberly reassured her that she didn't mind about the fans, she was a lot nicer to them. They asked Nick if she was his girlfriend and he smiled and answered honestly saying yes. Some of the girls looked at her badly, but the others were very kind to her.


After about three hours, it was dark, hitting eight O'clock. “Man, I'm hungry!” Nick announced, “I want a corn dog.”

“You are a corn dog,” laughed Angel.

Kimberly laughed, “Yeah, I'm a little hungry too. What do you want to eat?”

He looked at her and smirked, “Must you ask?”

Suddenly her stomach did a somersault and she could feel her face turning red, “Be good.”

Nick pulled his arms around her, “Look at you...I defiantly don't know how to do that.” He lowered his lips close to her ear, “I don't think you realize how many ways I was thinking about ripping that dress off of you.”

She felt her heart beat faster, “Nick, My God....”

He laughed and kissed her, “You enjoying your birthday.”

he nodded, “Yes. I think it's the best birthday I've had in a long time.”

“Good. Well, I think I'm gonna grab us some corn dogs and a few drinks. Want anything in particular?”

She grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning against him, “Are you on the menu?”

He let out a loud laugh and he rubbed her back, “I just might be....did you look in the specials? It's a rare deal.”

Angel rolled her eyes at the couple, “You're worse than Benny and me!” She shook her head, “Just go get the food Nick, we'll be right here.”

“Okay.” He looked over at Benny, “Wanna help? Don't think I'll be able to carry it all.”

“Yeah.” He then looked at Angel, “I'll be back in a few.”

She smiled at him, “Hurry.” She sweetly kissed him, “Love you.”

He smiled back, “Love you too, babe.” He then left with Nick.

“So how long have you been dating Benny?” Wondered Kimberly.

“Ehh, about six months now. He's amazing, I love him to death.”

“How did you know you were in love with him?”

“You know, I think I knew I loved him after our first few dates.” Angel then studied Kimberly's face, “Why do you ask? Do you feel that way towards Nick?”

She shrugged, “I'm just not used to this feeling. I feel like I think I love him, but it also just might be infatuation or something. I just met him less than a week ago, I know I can't be in love with him....yet.”

She smiled kindly at the girl, “Nothing's impossible you know. But I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back. Wait here, okay?”

Kimberly nodded, “Okay.”

Angel left and she sat down on the picnic table they were gonna eat at. She was happy Angel liked her, she was petrified she wasn't going to. She was nothing like she thought, she heard stories that she was a real hard ass, and that she was a total bitch to any girl that was after her brother. Maybe she wasn't like that to her because he was the one that went to her. Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard an unwanted voice....a voice she had been trying to forget.

“Well shit, never thought I'd see you here.”

Kimberly looked up and saw her ex-boss....her ex-fling, Joe. Her green eyes glared as she saw him and she stood up, “What do you want?!?” She demanded, not believing he was actually here. She could feel her heart racing and anger rise. He was with a younger and more attractive girl. She shook her head in disgust, what the hell was she thinking even getting involved with this guy? He was a total creep! He only used her for sex and the girl he was with sure looked like a nympho, so he must be happy. She was wearing jean short shorts that went up to her thighs, a red bikini top that was far too small for her. She was wearing a white shirt, but it was completely see through and showing off her fake breasts. Her bleach blonde hair was in two pick tails, was she trying to pull off a role for Daisy Dukes or something?!? She glared back at her ex and hated that he still looked as attractive from the time he left her. His black hair spiked and deep blue eyes trying to hypnotize her, but she was with Nick, she didn't need him, she didn't want him! She had someone better.

“Came here with someone.” He then turned to the girl, “Sarah, babe. Can you grab me a hot dog?” He asked, with a charming smile, showing his white perfect teeth.

She smiled, “Sure, Joey.” She was twirling her blonde hair in her fingers; she was chewing gum like a cow. She eyed Kimberly once before walking off.

“How old is this one?” She snarled.

“Ooh. Jealous?” He smirked, “You shouldn't be, she has nothing on you. You were the best one I had, Kimmie,” he said, as he rubbed her bare shoulder and moved the spaghetti strap off her shoulder and onto her arm.

She shot him a death look and stepped a few inches away from him and pulled the strap over her arm, “You disgust me.” She shook her head in shame, “What did I ever see in you? I bet you're playing that poor girl. Did she tell you she wants a relationship yet, or is it still all about the sex?”

He laughed, “Are you still upset about that, Kim?!? Look, you were good in the sac. I didn't want a serious relationship, I'm sorry.” Joe then looked around, “I don't see you here with anyone. Who are you with?”

A sly look formed around her full lips, “My boyfriend and his sister, with her boyfriend.”

He looked around again and saw no one and he laughed, “Boyfriend? Right, Kim. You don't have to make up lies to try to get me jealous.” He walked a few feet towards her and pulled her into him, “I bet Sarah was jealous though. Look at you! You look gorgeous, and that dress...it makes your breasts just scream for me to grab them. Come on, baby run off with me for a little bit. Let me satisfy you like I used to. It'll be worth your while,” he said, with a seductive grin.

If she wasn't with Nick she knew how tempting that would sound but she was with him and she wouldn't go back down that path. She recalled all the pain the after effects had and she knew she just wouldn't be able to bare it. She aggressively shoved him away from her, “You're such a pig! Just fuck off!” She shouted and began to walk away, “Tell Sarah I said, good luck.”

His blue eyes turned a dark shade and he aggressively grabbed onto her arm, “Don't fucking walk away from me, you little bitch. Look, I'm sorry I hurt you; I told you all I wanted was sex. So I don't see what the big deal is! Sarah knows that's what I'm all about and she doesn't cry about it. Just get over it, Kim.”

“Get your hands off of me!” She ordered, as she ripped her arm out of his grasp, “I'm over you, Joe. I have been for a long time now. I found someone that wants more than just sex from me.”

“Is he gay?” He snickered.

She rolled her eyes, “Goodbye.”

She attempted to walk away, but he jumped in front of her and kept on mincing her moves so she couldn't pass, “Kim, don't be like that. I miss you...I miss the way you feel...the way you taste.”



Nick's blue eyes darted towards the man that was harassing his girlfriend and he grinded his teeth. Benny looked in his direction and saw some guy talking to Kimberly and each time she would try to walk away he'd follow her, or grab her arm. He could see the jealousy and fiery in Nick's face. “Hold this,” he ordered in stone cold tone, throwing the tray of food on the set that Benny was already holding and he stormed over to where Kimberly was.

Benny knew this wasn't good and he hurried towards Nick, but he was much too fast. Shit, this was not good. His girlfriend told him that he was the jealous type and over protective. That's probably where she got it from. He searched the area and couldn't find her anywhere.

Where the Hell was Angel?!?