- Text Size +
Chapter Fifteen

"It's a beautiful track." AJ said the next week. His arms were around me as he stared out at the track from our little hiding space away from the rest of the whole world.

"Yes it is." I whispered, leaning my head back against his shoulder. His lips grazed my neck and I couldn't help but smile and snuggle even closer.

Michigan International Speedway, as one of motor sports' premier facilities, proudly flaunts its wide racing surface and high banking. At any time three and four abreast racing become as routine as the checkered flag signaling the end of the race. And today we were here...no longer enemies but still opponents.

Even as I sat on his lap I was playing out my own strategy. If you went too far to the left or right it could mean the difference between first and tenth. Living exactly between the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Michigan International had given me the opportunity to race on both of the tracks often. I could almost feel the vibrations of the car on the track, making the turns.

"We better get back to our cars." AJ whispered in my ear, tickling it gently.

"I'll see you after the race." I replied.

Turning around I placed my hands gently on the side of his face. Leaning towards him I let my lips touch his own as he embraced me.

"Good luck." he whispered as I slowly stood up.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I won't need it."

Walking off I suppressed a giggle, tossing my hair over my shoulder.

"BIATCH!" he yelled after me. Flipping him off I headed straight towards my car and crew.

"Ready Kris?" Jer said, cracking his knuckles. "You feeling okay?"

"I sure am. Why do you ask?"

I watched quizzically as he cracked his knuckles, shrugging his massive shoulders. He wanted to say something and I knew damn well what it was.

"Just say it." I prodded.

"McLean's a trick sonofabitch. He'll do anything to narrow his lists of opponents. Don't let yourself get caught up in the game."

My jaw tensed as I listened to him. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath.

"Jer...let me tell you something right now. There is a major line between my profession and my private life. Right now it's all business. Kapish?"

"Kapish girl." he said with a nod, holding up his hands. "Just do me a favor okay?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Get in the fucking car and win this race for us."

Laughing I reached for my helmet. Saying a quick prayer I slid into my car ready to begin yet another race.

____________________

"Third place wasn't bad J." I said, setting my fork down. Dabbing my mouth with a napkin I flashed him a bright smile.

"Sure. You can say that. Considering you got second!" he exclaimed. His eyes narrowed, yet they sparkled with youthful playfulness.

"Aww I'm sorry. Better luck next time." I said with sweetful dryness, taking another bite of steak.

"Well I'll let you enjoy it. Next week when I win you'll be the one groveling."

"Ha. I don't grovel."

"Yeah right. But tonight..." he trailed off, folding his napkin and tossing it on the table. "I plan to give you the Winners Circle special. Even though you only came in second."

"Winners Circle special huh?" I replied. I watched as he pushed the chair back from the table. He patted his lap, a smile spreading across his face.

"Yessss?"

"Come here." he said, reaching out for me. Standing up I took his hand, letting him glide me towards him. Straddling him I settled down on his lap, leaning against his chest.

"You feel good." he purred. His hands slid under my blouse, his fingers brushing against my nipples. I surprised a giggle, not wanting to ruin the moment.

"Let's go someplace more comfortable." I suggested, placing my mouth on his, drawing his lips into my own and shivering at the effect as it took hold of me.

"I'm taking you right here." he said simply. He pressed his lips against mine hungrily, resting his hands on my bottom and grinding me into his lap.

For a second all thoughts went out of my mind. I felt his hands slowly unbutton my jeans and I got up for a second, allowing them to fall to the floor.

"Mmm." I heard him whisper. He pulled off my panties and standing up quickly dropped his own pants. Sitting back down he patted his lap.

"You're serious? On the chair?"

"Right here right now."

I laughed softly, sliding back down on his lap. Never in my wildest dreams would John have ever wanted to have sex on a chair. But I wasn't with John. I was with AJ.

The craziest fucker in the world.