- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading sorry its taken a while to update. Hope you still enjoy :)
4.

A week later Kev was up and dressed early, he'd had trouble sleeping so decided to go up to Stellas early. He knew it didn’t matter if they were up or not he had the key to the shed so he could make a start when ever he got there.

When he arrived he walked around the back of the house and across to the shed. A noise pulled his attention towards the house. It was a nice warm and sunny morning and the kitchen patio doors were open. The sound of raised voiced drifted out onto the warm breeze.

He slowly walked towards the door knowing he was invading their privacy but not being able to stop himself.

‘Why don’t you ever give me peace?’ Philips voice boomed across the kitchen

‘Philip how can you say that? All I want is for you to show me that you at least care about me’

‘I do care. Why do I need to show it? Is this house not enough? Are the holidays not enough?’

‘That’s not what Im talking about’ Stella almost cried with exasperation ‘I don’t care about the house. I don’t car about the holidays in the latest hot spot. I don’t care about the four bloody cars in the garage Philip’

‘Oh that’s right’ Philip said standing up throwing the newspaper onto the table ‘tell me you don’t care after I have worked for them all these years. And what exactly have you contributed Stella? Nothing that’s what’

‘How dare you’ Stella shouted ‘you wouldn’t let me work Philip. You wanted a house wife who could entertain your clients at the drop of a hat. Don’t tell me I never contributed to any of this. Don’t you bloody dare’

‘Then don’t you dare say that I don’t show you I care. I've given you everything you’ve ever wanted’

‘In the beginning you did. But lately? You don’t come home until late, you hardly speak to me. Answer me this Phil, when was the last time you had a day off? When was the last time we had a day together? When was the last time we made love?’

‘Im going to work’ Philip shouted ‘at least I’ll get some peace there’
‘Are you having an affair Philip?’ Stella asked the question before she realised it was out of her mouth
‘What?’

‘I said are you having an affair’ Stella amazed herself at how calmly she asked him again
‘I wont even indulge you with an answer to that’ he shouted. He picked up his briefcase and stormed out of the house.

Kev had kept himself out of view. He heard Philip start the car and drive off. Then he heard the soft noise of a womans heart breaking as she cried.

Kev swallowed; he wasn’t sure whether to go inside and try and comfort her but at the same time he didn’t want her to know he'd been eavesdropping.

He decided to wait a few minutes and the he knocked on the door as though he had just arrived

‘Morning Stella’

Stella had her back to the door and she quickly wiped her eyes. Without turning around she said

‘Morning Kev. I just have a few things to do and then I’ll be out to help’ she walked out of the kitchen without looking at him.

~x~

Philip strode into his office in a foul mood; his secretary Rosie watched as he slammed the door behind him.

She made him a mug of coffee and took it in hoping that might calm him down.

‘Morning Philip’ she trilled as she walked in placing his coffee on his desk

Philip ignored her as he fired up his computer ‘I don’t want to be disturbed today. By anyone’
‘Of course sir. No one’

She walked from the office and back to her own desk with a smirk. She kept clients and collegues at arms length knowing the rewards would come later.
Just after lunch time Philip called her into his office

‘I apologise for the bad temper this morning’
‘That’s alright Philip’
‘So what can you to take all this stress away’

‘Oh I can do anything you want Philip. Anything your heart desires’

Rosie sat on his lap hitching up her skirt so he could get a good view of her stockings.
‘You know what I like’ he murmured as his hand slipped up her thigh and pushed the flimsy material of her panties out of the way ‘and I know just what to do to make you scream my name’

~x~

Stella joined Kev out in the garden an hour later.

‘Are you ok Stella?’ Kev asked
She smiled weakly and nodded
‘Stella Im sorry but I heard…well I heard some of what was said’

Stella felt the tears burning the back of her eyes and tried to blink them away.

‘Hes a fool Stella’ Kev said gently and Stella felt the tears break through her eyes and slide down her face silently
She looked at Kev, into his kind green eyes
Kev squeezed her hand ‘it will be ok’

The searched each others eyes and then Kev leaned forward and touched Stellas lips with his own in a gentle kiss.