- Text Size +
6.

For the next few days the gardening came second on Stella and Kevins list. They spent every free moment together getting to know each other even better.

‘Remember you how you were telling me you’ve not seen a sunset?’ Kev asked when they were lazily laid together
‘Yeah’ Stella sighed as she kissed his chest
‘I was thinking that maybe you could get away and we could go somewhere’

Stella propped herself up on her elbow
‘Are you serious?’ she asked

‘Yeah but you're right, dumb idea’
‘No it's not’ she smiled ‘it's a great idea. I will come up with something to get away’

Kevin smiled ‘that’s great. I can’t wait to share it with you. You will love it I promise’

By the time the weekend came Stella had told Philip that she was going to spend a couple of days with her mum because she wasn’t feeling very well. She knew Philip wouldn’t want to go; he rarely got on with his in laws.

She packed her bag and placed it in the car
‘I’ll be home Sunday afternoon’ she said to Philip who was stood watching her from the doorway ‘I've left you food in the freezer just defrost and warm up’
‘Thanks’ he called ‘have a erm good time’

‘Oh I will’ she said to herself as she started the engine. She waved as she pulled out of the driveway.

She met Kevin out of town on a quiet road and he put his bag in the boot and then climbed into the passenger side immediately leaning over to kiss Stella

‘Are you sure about this?’ he asked
‘Oh definitely’ she smiled ‘I can’t wait’

They drove for about an hour and half, Kev directing Stella on the way. Soon they pulled up outside a wooden cabin isolated by woods.

‘Wow’ Stella said this place looks amazing
Kev grinned and got out of the car taking their bags from the boot
‘It's even better inside’ he said

‘You weren’t kidding’ Stella laughed as she surveyed the inside of the cabin ‘where did you find this place?’
‘Just from a friend’

‘I bet you bring all the girls here’ Stella laughed
Kevins smile dropped and he looked at Stella seriously

‘You're the first one and there wont be another’
Stella was taken aback by his response ‘Im sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. I was just joking’

‘I know, it's just…never mind hey’ he smiled again and tucked her hair behind her ear ‘I love you’
‘I love you too’ she murmured

They kissed and Stella looked deep into his gorgeous eyes
‘I know there's something Kev, I can see it; something that haunts you sometimes. I won’t bug you in to telling me. Just know that if you ever want to talk to me about it I’ll be here’

Kevins eyes filled with unshed tears ‘I didn’t realise I was so transparent’ he whispered
‘It's just because I love you. I can sense something hurts you. It's ok; we don’t have to talk about it’

‘I will Stella…just not yet. I…’
‘It's all right Kev, I understand’
‘Thank you’ he whispered and pulled her close

They held each other tightly for what seemed like ages and then Stella broke the embrace
‘I'd better fix us something to eat; we’ve got loads of food. Want anything in particular?’

‘You on toast’ Kevin grinned
‘Aww so sweet but no; you can have me for dessert though’ she winked
‘It's a deal’

They ate and then Kev led Stella out for a walk into the woods surrounding the cabin. They walked for half an hour until they came to a clearing at the top of a grassy hill. Kev laid down a blanket on the floor and they both sat, his arm around her pulling her close.

‘It's so beautiful’ Stella said looking across the tops of the trees in front of her, a town nestled in the bottom and a panoramic view of the blue sky stretching out for miles. She snuggled further into Kevs embrace

‘I don’t think Im gonna want to leave here’ she said
‘Wait until you see the sunset baby, it will make you love it even more’

Stella looked him steadily in the eye ‘I know that it's all happened so unexpectedly. I never thought I'd be they type of person that would have an affair. But I don’t think I could love you any more Kev. You're my light in the dark and I love you so very much’

Kev stroked her face and then kissed her tenderly ‘believe me that feeling is mutual’