- Text Size +
7.

Sunday morning soon came and Kev found Stella sat on the porch of the cabin, her knees pulled up to her chest.

‘Hey, are you ok? You're quiet’ Kev asked as he sat beside her
She didn’t respond just nodded her head and continued staring into the distance
‘Stella?’ Kev tried again rubbing his hand up her back

Stella let out a stifled sob
‘Shh it's ok baby’ Kev wrapped his arms around her pulling her close kissing the top of her head

‘Im sorry’ she murmured ‘it's just…I don’t want to go back home. I wish we could stay here, together’
‘I do too Stella. I really do. But we’ll be together again soon. I’ll be around tomorrow as normal’

Stella wiped her eyes ‘I know, but it's not the same is it’
‘No I guess it's not’ Kev said quietly

They packed up their things and soon Stella was dropping Kev off on the road just outside town.
‘I’ll give you a call tonight’ Kev promised

Stella reached home and walked through the door with a sigh
‘Did you have a good time?’ Philip asked
‘Yes. Thanks’ she replied trying to look and sound cheerful but she knew she was failing miserably

‘Your Mum ok?’
‘Yeah she's on the mend. She says hello’

Philip walked away not taking any notice leaving Stella talking to herself. She sighed and took her bag upstairs to unpack. Afterwards she had a shower and dressed in jogging bottoms and a tshirt.

She was just drying her hair when she was aware Philip had walked in. She turned to look at him s he sat on the edge of the bed

‘You know I love you don’t you?’ he said
Stella didn’t know what to say she stared at him

‘I know I don’t show it as often as I should, but I do’
‘Philip? Is there something wrong?’

Philip smiled ‘wrong? Nothings wrong Stella; I just wanted to tell you I love you’
He paused for a second and then leaned over and kissed her cheek and then he rose and walked from the bedroom leaving Stella shocked.
‘Just a guilty conscience’ she thought to herself ‘no doubt


The next morning when Philip had gone to work Kev walked into Stellas kitchen through the French windows.

‘Hey’ he smiled pulling her into a hug
‘Hey’ she whispered

Kevin deepened the kiss his hands gently stroking the small of her back sending shivers down her spine
‘I love you Stella’ he said breaking the kiss

‘I love you too Kevin’

They did a bit of work in the garden and then had a break and sat with a glass of juice.

‘Can I talk to you Stella, it's really important’
Stellas tummy flipped ‘what's wrong?’ she asked with slight panic

‘Nothings wrong’ Kev said ‘are you ok? You haven’t been yourself today’
‘Im fine. Go on what did you want to talk to me about?’

‘You know I said I'd never put pressure on you? Well Im not going back on that Stella but…I just need to know something. I just want to know how much you love me. Am I what you want?’

‘Of course you are Kevin, you're everything to me, really’
Kev smiled his green eyes sparkling in the sunlight ‘Im glad to hear that Stella. I want you to leave Philip. Leave him and come away with me’

Stella looked at him ‘really? Do you want me stay with you always?’
‘Stella I love you with all my heart. I never thought I'd get to this place; to let someone get so close to me but you’ve made it so easy. I never want to be without you’

‘Oh Kev’ Stella hugged him ‘I want nothing more than to be with you’
‘Im glad’ Kev smiled ‘but I know it's going to be hard leaving Philip; you have so much history’

‘It will be hard, I know, but it will be worth all the pain just waking up with you every morning’
‘I can wait for it Stella I want to spend the rest of my life with you’
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to everyone whos reading :)