- Text Size +
I woke early in the morning and after a nice shower I left my room on a mission. I had not slept well after meeting Leo… he looked pretty descent and very AJish with tattoo’s. I don’t know why I felt like I had last night, I really don’t know why I feel like I need to talk to her more. I just have to so here I was looking for her.

“Mr. Carter nice show last night,” Gustavo told me as he saw me. I smiled at him and thanked as I looked toward the offices. “Is Esmeralda in yet?” I asked him as he followed my gaze.

“Yes she is in the office with the big boss do you need anything I can help you with. Need new videos games?” Gustavo asked me eagerly. I shook my head and laughed a little.

“No, thanks Gustavo do you think she will take long?” I asked him and then smiled when I saw her walking out with not a very happy face. She pulled on her skirt that had slightly risen I assumed from when she was sitting.

“I guess that’s a no,” Gustavo said eyeing her and then turning to me with a frighten look. “I better go she doesn’t look to happy right now.” I laughed as he sped away god knows where.

I cleared my throat bringing her eyes from the floor to my face. I smiled and she stopped abruptly as she tried to not bump into me. “Nick,” she said nervously and then she looked around grabbing my hand and pulling me toward her office.

After being inside her office she motioned for me to sit a she took a seat in her desk. “It doesn’t even look like Sonia puked in here last night right?” she told me bringing me back from my thoughts. I chuckled and nodded as I stared at her.

“So what has you all flustered and frowning?” I asked her as I watched try to concentrate on her computer. She stopped whatever she was typing and looked at me intently.

“What do you want Nick? Are you not satisfied with your room?” she asked me I knew she was trying to make this encounter as professional as possible.

“No. Everything is great what if I wanted to give you boss a good word about his Rooms Division Manger and how great she was with me? It can get you a raise.” I told her smirking and then I stopped smiling when I realized to her that sounded like an insult. “I mean I don’t mean it like that you know about what happened in the elevator…” I stopped talking after I realized I was just getting into deeper water. “I’m sorry… it’s just that when I am nervous I tend to not be the best speaker.”

She looked at me for a second and then she sort of smiled, “I know what you meant but I had fun watching you try to explain yourself.” She told me going back to whatever she was doing in the computer.

I cleared my throat and then I spoke again, “Kainophobia,” I told her and she looked up at me. She gave me a weird look and I knew I had gotten her. “It means fear of something new or maybe in this case fear of maybe liking someone new.”

She gave me a smile and then she asked me, “Did you look that up or did you actually know what that meant or maybe you made it up.”

“No. Look it up it means what I said. I did have to look it up though because it’s apparent that that is what is wrong with you.” I smiled and then she cleared her throat. “I was trying to make it random too.” I said.

“Random?” she said and then she sighed… “Random Nick would be something like this: Mario, of Super Mario Bros. fame, appeared in the 1981 arcade game, Donkey Kong. His original name was Jumpman, but was changed to Mario to honor the Nintendo of America's landlord, Mario Segali.” She told me and then smiled.

“How do you know all this stuff?” I asked her in amusement. See what I mean she is just something else.

She shrugged and then sighed. “I already told you I just happen to know some weird things…I have a good memory.”

“Please go to lunch with me…one last time. I promise we won’t have sex, beside we couldn’t we would be in public.” I gave her smirk.

She blushed and cleared her throat, “ok,” she said sighing.

*******

[Esmeralda’s POV]

Here I was accepting Nick’s invitation. Truth was I wanted to be with him again to talk to him it felt natural. I felt a little impressed with him going to the trouble of trying to impress me with a big word such as Kainophobia but I did not suffer from that. I was just afraid of hurting Leo.

But as of last night Leo had left… we got into a very big argument about I don’t know what. We were fine enjoying our company in bed when he asked me if I would marry him. I had gasped and stood up from the bed looking at him with speculation.

He had taken my reaction bad and then he asked me if I loved him. That should have been easy for me of course yet I couldn’t say it fast enough so he laughed wryly at my horrible attempt to say yes. After that I don’t remember exactly how it happened but he was throwing everything to about what he didn’t like. One my randomness and how I sort of snorted when I laughed. He even insinuated that I SNORED. SNORED! Can you believe that!

I told him to leave but not literally pack go just like go sleep in the couch for tonight but instead he agreed and packed. He even booked a plane ticket to Miami. I haven’t heard from him since. I think I just lost Leo and to be honest I quite can’t accept yet. I still have the hope that I will get home and he will be there waiting for me.

To make things worse Manuel finally called me to his office to tell me he wanted me to be packed and ready to be transferred to Guadalajara by tomorrow night! I was beyond upset but seeing Nick did sort of calm and when he asked me why I was the way I was only made me like him more.

So now here I am accepting his invitation to dinner and so what if we end up having sex again its not like I have Leo anymore and it seems that he doesn’t care about Lauren either. Ah, their goes my guilt eating at me for even thinking it… he still has a girlfriend and for that reason alone I know its not right to even think about him as more than a friend. I just have to survive this lunch then he will be gone and I will be gone too. We will never see each other again.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think...haha I bet you did not see that coming.