- Text Size +
“What?” I yelled into my phone finally answering Leo. I had just landed in Guadalajara and was being driven to the hotel that I would call my new job for god knew how long, I did smile though the city was definitely less smoggy than Mexico City.

“We need to talk,” He told in a very forlorn tone. I rolled my eyes as I heard him to be honest I was still very hurt by his actions. I would have said yes to his proposal I would have if I hadn't met Nick Carter and done what I had. I just felt a little guilty. Guilty can be very bad and make you regret for a very long time.

“We have nothing to talk about Leo, I think this is the best decision you’ve made. Didn’t I tell you that you had made the stupidest decision ever when you quit your job to follow me to Mexico? Well you have finally done the right thing…” I told him not really wanting to hear his excuse because then I would feel guiltier and would probably take him back.

“No don’t say that Esmeralda I know I reacted to fast and the truth is I should have known that it was going to catch you by surprise. Heck it caught me by surprise when I realized that you are you are who I want to spend the rest of my life with… if I have to follow to Africa and live in a hut so be it as long as I am with you.” that was it I was a goner he was a sweet talker when he wanted to be and the truth is I do love Leo I do. He has been my first real relationship it wasn’t only about the great sex but he listened to me and we were a real couple.

I bit my lip and sighed, “I think we both need space.” What my heart was telling me was to ask him to come down to Guadalajara and make me forget everything. But yet something stopped and I just couldn’t. I could taste the blood on my lip as a picture of Nick smiling at me in my office flashed through my head.

Had I just let go of something worth more than a one night stand. Wait that was not a one night stand it was just casual sex with a total stranger who happened to be a very famous member of one of the most successful boy bands of all time. I had to breathe as I thought about that but soon Leo had me back listening to his plea.

“Look I think we both need to take a break see if we really do belong together. I don’t want to be the reason why you become unhappy… I love you Leo but this hurt me and now I want to be alone and I want to think.” I told him and I heard him rebuttal but I flipped the phone shut not wanting to hear anything more.

For now Leo was out of the picture and so was Nick. I would try and move on with out Leo and well Nick would fade away… I am sure he has had his fare share of groupies he could just add me to that list. Even if I wasn’t a groupie.

********

We were being escorted into the hotel and I was just smiling wondering if she had already found out we were here. I had kept that from Esmeralda when she told me goodbye in Mexico City. To my dismay apparently we had beaten her to the hotel and we had someone else fix our rooms.

The hotel crews was very nice and were very quick on getting us settled now here was in the lobby getting gawked at as I waited for her arrival. I knew she would be here she would not have lied to me about being transferred.

Sure enough I smiled as I realized that all the staff from the hotel was lining up in the lobby all with smiles. That meant Esmeralda was here. It only took me three minutes to spot her getting off the cab and she looked a little annoyed. I smiled as I watched open the glass doors.

I put the Spanish newspaper up to cover my face as I heard her greet the staff. I didn’t understand much of the what being said and I was smiling waiting to surprise but instead it was me who got surprised.

“Since when have you learned to read Spanish? Who ever taught you did an excellent job you learned in only hours.” She told him as I looked up from the news paper to find her standing there a hand on her hip and a small hint of a smile on her face.

“Maybe I just pretend to not know Spanish but maybe I am fluent in Spanish have you thought about that?” I asked her as I winked her and smiled even wider when I got a blush out of her.

“Want to bet? I am in the mood of taking someone’s money away!” she told me daring me and I shrugged.

“Ok so I don’t know how to read Spanish but I do know how to say, Hermosa.” I told her and she only laughed.

“I’ve look like shit right now… yet you call me beautiful?” she asked me but I knew I had her. “Why didn’t you tell me yesterday you were going to be here too?”

There it was the question I had been waiting for… “Its fate remember.” That was all I told her as I leaned in to kiss not caring apparently that we were in public but instead I got the cheek.

She hand by then took my hand and had played it off good, by telling me how nice it was to have me at the hotel and to see me again. She then asked me to follow her to her new office and so I did with a smile on my face. As soon as the door to her office was closed as broke into another smile. “So since fate continues to put us in the same place at the same times…maybe we should consider maybe another lunch date or at least talk some more.”

She sighed at me and then she glared at me, “You cheated it doesn’t count you made me agree only because you knew you were going to be here too.” She told me with both hands on her hips she looked so cute. I shrugged and played an innocent look on my face that only made her laugh.

“Lets just see where this takes us what do you say? Let’s forget about our lives outside of here…you forget Leo for this couple of day and I will forget about Lauren. You have to feel a little attracted me…I know I am.”

I could not believe I was offering her this but I was sort of like the idea. “No promises just getting to know each other that’s all and if we realize all there is here is friendship well no one got hurt…I won’t tell Lauren and you won’t tell Leo…besides Leo broke up with you. You won’t be hurting anyone.”

“Your wrong…” she told me and then she sighed. “Lauren is a woman and I am a woman too I would not like for something like to happen to me and me be oblivious to it happening I am hurting her even if she does not know.” she was right I knew that but here I was and again I insisted pleading her with my eyes.

Till she sighed and then spoke again, “I don’t like this and I have a feeling more than just one person is going to get hurt.” She told me and then her lips were on mine. For now I had won…
Chapter End Notes:
yay an update hope you still like it. :) let me know what you think :)