- Text Size +
“Well I have to say I like having you as my tour guide and interpreter.” I told Esmeralda as we walked through a street full of different people selling everything imaginable.

I smiled as a little girl passed by selling white roses in a basket. I stopped her and purchased one for Esmeralda. “A flower for the lovely lady.” I told her and she only shook her head as she took the flower.

“I should head back to the hotel I am here for business you know. Unlike you I do have to work today.” She told me as she smelled the rose.

“Ok well lets go.” I told her as we turned to head back the direction we had come from.

I took her hand in mine and smiled when she didn’t pull it away. “So do you want to come to our concert tomorrow? I can get you tickets.” I asked her.

She shrugged and shook her head, “I can’t I have to go house shopping and besides I don’t want my employees to get suspicious.” She told me as she kissed my cheek. “I do appreciate it though maybe I could just meet you at your room later.” She winked at me and I knew I was blushing.

“Ok,” I told her squeezing her hand as we continued to walk. “I like this,” I told her as we walked in silence.

********

[Esmeralda]

I snuck out of Nick’s room early and hoped no one would see me. I can’t believe I stayed last night. But I do admit it was a great night.

After several stairs I made it to the room I was staying in for the time being. I needed to shower and go on duty right away. As I showered all I keep thinking about is the mess I have just agreed to be in.

I know this is wrong but just like Nick I have a feeling there is something there. I know I will regret it but this is supposed to be just a few days and then he will head to god knows where and I will be here alone.

I am shivering as I recall the kisses he gave every part of my body the night before. I feel my skin tingle still from his caresses and kisses. I knew the feeling I was having and I knew I couldn’t let it happen.

I had agreed to this because I knew it would be temporary and he would leave forgetting me. Ok I knew it wouldn’t be that easy and that there would be complications like what I was feeling at this exact moment.

But I could get over it I just had to bare with it for two more days. I should take advantage of that actually. There’s just a little minor detail to that I am not that kind of girl and I know somehow I will hurt.

I finished my shower and dressed and headed to my office. I smiled as I realized that everything was already organized. I took a seat on my chair and closed my eyes for a few seconds when the knock on my door startled me.

“Brian,” I said recognizing him. “Come on in how can I help you?” I asked him as he gave me a small smile.

“Listen I wanted to talk to you.” He told me as he took a seat on one of the chairs. “I don’t know you so I have no right in judging you. That’s god’s job anyway but I really do care for Nick. He is not the sharpest knife in the cupboard when it comes to romance.” He began as his hands continued to fidget with each other.

I gave him a very nervous smile, “I don’t mean any harm to Nick.” I told him defensively.

“I know you don’t but you are harming him though. See Nick has this great girlfriend and he is in the best place in his life right now. I should know I’ve practically seen him grow. Lauren loves him and she doesn’t deserve this. Nick sometimes tends to not see things in the most morally correct way that’s why I am here. You have to understand that right?” he asked me sympathetically.

I nodded because I did and it only made me feel guilty as I heard him say it. “Your right and I promise you I've tried to keep him away.” I knew that was no excuse because I could have tried harder. “I will end this tonight I promise and I am not like that Brian, I am not but if I have to be honest to someone it will be you. I don’t know why but I feel something more for him but I won’t dwell on it because I don’t want to be the culprit in his misfortune.”

He smiled and stood up, “Thanks Esmeralda I knew you would understand. Nick tends to be a little more stubborn sometimes.” He said as he surprised me with a hug. “I know your not that type of girl I can see it in you eyes. But sometimes if you love something enough to know what’s best you have to let it go.”

I smiled, “I agree.” I told him as I watched him leave. I felt like a cold bucket of water had just been poured on me and I wanted to cry. He was right though and so I was now determined to end this before it got worse.

Not even ten minutes had passed since my conversation with Brian when my assistant walked in urging me to go to the front desk my assistance was needed. I sighed as I followed her.

“Can I help you?” I asked the distraught woman that was arguing with the clerk.

“Yes I was telling this young man here that I needed the key to my boyfriend’s room. See he doesn’t know I am here because well I am surprising him. But he won’t give it to me even after I gave him the name my boyfriend is using.”

I smiled as I took over the computer and then I felt my knees weaken when I saw the name. “Your name ma’am?” I asked.

“Lauren Kitt.” She smiled at me and I tried to give her my best smile. “I will handle this.” I told the clerk who left and then I grabbed another key for her. “Here you go, this will be a great surprise I am sure.”

“Yeah we’ve been apart for a few months now.” She told me and then she walked away. I wanted to die as I saw her. I felt worse than I already did, I didn’t even get the chance to tell Nick that it was not going to work. Maybe I should take it positively and think of it as god’s help?
Chapter End Notes:
I haven't forgot about this one I just had to really figure out how I was going to take this story and now that i have well here is the next chapter enjoy and I would love some feedback. :)