- Text Size +
“So,” I finally said as we both stood in silence. We could here people on the other side using whatever tools they had to open the doors. “I can admit that I enjoyed our time here,” I said rubbing the back of my neck as I a eyed she was busy pretending to be digging through her purse.

“Yeah it was,” she said finally looking up at me. “Listen can we leave it at that? As soon as those doors open I go my way and well you keep on doing what you do. I have a boyfriend…” she stuttered turning red.

That should have sound like music to my ears because well I had a girlfriend too. But instead I felt a little hurt, how could she just say that? “Yeah sure, I should mention I have a girlfriend too.” I told her knowing that was what she wanted to hear. “It was nice knowing you Esmeralda.”

“Yeah it was nice picking at the mind of Nick Carter…” she told me smiling at me. “Well I guess I did more than pick at your brain.” She chuckled nervously. “You’re a pretty cool guy, I wonder if they rest of the Backstreet boys are?” she arched her brow I knew she was just trying to make the awkwardness fade but in my head all I kept thinking was why she was doing the whole guy thing. It was something I would say when I used to have one night stands, but I had bonded with her.

“All of the guys are awesome; AJ is a little weird but only cause of his appearance sometimes.” I told her and took her hand and the pen that she held in her hand. I wrote down my number on her palm. “I don’t in case you ever want to talk. Friends?” I asked her.

“Friends… does this mean I can actually use your status to get me into places?” she asked laughing a little. “Just kidding… but I will keep it I might just call to say hello some day.” She told me as she stood on her toes and kissed my lips softly. “You a really good kisser… I thought I should let you know.”

I smiled at her and kissed her again, she wasn’t bad either. We parted and I was about to say something when the doors were pried open a big man with a greasy suit stood there smiling. “Esmeralda! Estas bien?”

“Si Ramón gracias por venir a mi rescate, asegúrate que arregles esta mierda!” I laughed as I understood the last word she was cursing in Spanish she had said shit! I assumed Ramon was the maintenance guy. That’s when I saw the other man in a suit and with his badge on… that was Gustavo he looked worried. I laughed when Esmeralda stopped him from hugging her.

“Don’t,” she told him in English. “I am going home because I feel like crap all sweaty and definitely not in any conditions to see the Presidents assistant you will have to wing it on your own. Make sure Mr. Carter gets an upgrade on us, I will speak to Manuel about it.” I was smiling as I realized she was in boss mode. She turned and gave me a very professional smile. “Mr. Carter this is Gustavo he is going to make sure we make up for this horrible incident. Right Gustavo?”

“Yes ma’am please Mr. Carter follow me.” Gustavo said I smiled as I recognized his very thick accent as he tried to speak English.

********

“How was your day?” Brian asked me as he walked in only thirty minutes after I was finally in my room. I had showered and was now just getting started on a game of Mario brothers.

“My day was very interesting… I got stuck in the elevator for over four hours.” I told him as let him in.

“Is that why we had to use the stairs? What did you do to mess up the elevators,” Brian asked me as he plopped beside me on my bed.

“I didn’t do anything,” I told him as I continued to play. “Hey did you know we eat 12 spiders a year in our sleep?” I said as I took another grape from my fruit bowl.

I paused my game when I didn’t hear Brian say anything. “What?” I said as I saw his face of disgust.

“That is not true, gross.” Brian said making a face… “And if so then Howie will eat mine and his he tends to snore with his mouth open any chance he gets.” He said shuddering.

I began to laugh and imagined Howie mouth open and a spider just making its way in to it. “Its true though,” I told him.

“Who said?” Brian said taking my control away and continued to play for me.

“I heard from a very reliable source,” I told him as I grabbed my bowl of fruit and continued to eat.

“If your reliable source is Chris I doubt it true,” he said as he got into the game standing up to play better.

“Nope not from Chris,” I said popping a strawberry in my mouth. “I forgot to mention that I was stuck in the elevator with someone…” I said subtly and that’s all it took for Brian to pause the game.

“So you and who got stuck in the elevator?” He asked his eyes on me.

“Esmeralda Soto,” I rolled my eyes as I killed her name in pronunciation. “She works here…did you know the president of Mexico is going to be here this week?” I said as I grabbed a grape and threw at him.

“Esmeralda what?” Brian asked as he located the grape I had thrown him. “Twenty second rule,” he said wiping the grape on his shirt and then eating it. “There sweet.”

“Anyway yeah so the president is going to be here right after we leave.” I said and then it hit me in exactly two days I would never ever see or hear from her. I knew she said she would call me but I doubted that.
Chapter End Notes:
ok here is the other chapter please don't hate me I promise they will see each other again...hehe. Please review. :) also I do have other stories that need an update so you probably won't see an update to this one till tuesday..