- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Introducing Esmeralda's POV...just giving a heads up. :)
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I hate when I screw up I do. I did a horrible thing and my conscious is killing me. I have been going out with my boyfriend for over a year and now this. Nick Carter had to happen… out of anyone to be stuck in the elevator with it had to be Nick Carter.

I have a thing for blue eyed men…and his smile did not help. Not that I expected for this to happen, I didn’t I mean come on its NICK CARTER. He could have any girl he wanted and well I am not Miss Universe here. I do have a little something, something but its average I would say.

I honestly can’t wait for the Backstreet Boys to leave my hotel, or maybe Manuel can make his mind up about sending me to Guadalajara quicker. Not that I am jumping of joy to go help out in the grand opening to the hotel there but that would mean I would not bump into Nick again.

If I were to be honest and really had chosen the Backstreet boy to be stuck with in there it would have been AJ because he has been my teenage crush before of course. I had stopped listening to them after my senior year in high school. But I still know who they are and I can probably still listen to them…I just really haven’t because my taste in music really has changed. I am now into rock.

In my years of life I would have never expected to meet or even come close to a backstreet boy. I was never one to stalk a famous person my walls were never covered with boys… I was more of stuck in the hospital with my sister type of girl. I cared for her while my parents worked there ass off to be able to pay for all the hospital bills and the medicines Ruby had to take. I think that experienced has helped with my choices in life and I have managed to be diabetic free, of course I do a lot of sacrifices since it is hereditary. I was lucky to not be born with it, Ruby on the hand well she was not so lucky.

But any who I don’t know if I will be able to manage and act like I have done nothing inappropriate to Leo. See Leo left his job in Florida to follow me here! What man in there right mind does that? Leo… he is really the best boyfriend. Have I mentioned his is blue eyed? Now he works here in this hotel as the bellhop and he isn’t so happy of transferring to Guadalajara. I hate all this and what’s worse I bet Nick thinks I a whore. I freaking asked him to keep this to himself… well at least it will only be him.

“Babe you ok?” Gustavo just told me what happened. “Damn babe you look like shit!”

“Thanks Leo… why don’t you try being stuck in an elevator for over four hours. See if you wouldn’t sweat.” I told my boyfriend who has just walked into my office as I collect my purse. I am going home to freshen up and think all this through.

“Sorry babe, I still love you like that though all sweaty and everything.” Leo told me as he got near me to kiss me. I evaded him and put my hand between him and me.

“No I’m all sweaty and you still have to finish your shift. I see you at home.” I told him and grabbed my purse walking to the exit.

“I love you!” I heard tell me I turned around and blew him a kiss.

“I love you too.” I told him and walked out hoping to not bump to anyone else.

*******

I was looking out of my bedroom window down to the busy street. I still hadn't managed to keep seeing Esmeralda with me. I had to talk to her again at least to tell her that she didn’t have to feel awkward that is the only explanation I can see on her reaction.

I smiled as I spotted her walking out of the hotel, I would find a way to talk to her. I would… for the time being I found comfort in more game playing.

Brian had not been surprised with what I told him happened. “You always end up screwing up Nick… are you going to come clean with Lauren?” he asked me.

I didn’t want to tell her and I told him that. I also swore him to secrecy; it was not like I planned it all out…I wasn’t feeling guilty either was that wrong too? Something had changed in me after those hours with Esmeralda I just didn’t know what it was yet. I only had two days to find out what it was before heading to Guadalajara for the next tour date.

So my plans were that I would find time between rehearsals and everything else to talk to her. Somehow I knew that maybe if I talked to her more I could find or hear that click that told me why I suddenly felt this interest for her…
Chapter End Notes:
ok here's the next chapter... hope you like. :)