- Text Size +
[Esmeralda's POV]

I felt a little better per say when I walked in the next day to work. For one I had known that the Backstreet boys would not be at the hotel and that felt like a lift of weight out of me. I had a smile on my face as Leo kissed me as he walked to the front of the hotel. “I’ll see you later…lunch?”

“Yeah sounds good,” I told him. I went straight to Gustavo who looked happy to see me happy. He hugged me and I gladly hugged him back.

“Mujer,” he told me with a chipper tone. “I have news for you, remember Mr. Caldwell? He has “officially” left with his wife but now we have the other suite ready for his mistress arrival.” He told me his eyes lighting up at his gossip.

“Alright Mr. Caldwell,” I said rolling my eyes. You see Gustavo is the gossip girl of the hotel he knows everything that happens before anyone else finds out. I guess his gay intuition helps him read that…I was glad there was no way for him to find out about my slip up.

“Oh by the way Mr. Carter came by looking for you earlier but I of course let him know you actually came in later since you’re the boss. He did give me this though, I did my very best to not open it you should be proud.” He told me handing me an envelope. I eyed him and took the envelope.

“Thank you,” I told him and then I stood there looking at him. I giggled and pointed to the door. “Out!”

“What I won’t hear what the letter says?” He asked me with pleading eyes.

“NO, I’ll tell you later now go attend Mr. Caldwell’s mistress you know how she gets!” I told him chuckling.

“Fine but I want details later…Oh and are you going to let me leave early today?” He asked me with a big grin. He had come to me a week prior to this to tell me had purchased Backstreet boys tickets and wanted to leave early the day of the concert. I had consented.

I nodded at him and rolled my eyes. “Hey Gustavo?” I yelled as the curiosity hit me.

“Yes Esmeralda?” he asked me peeking in.

“Which one is your favorite?” I asked him with an arched brow.

“A mi me gustan los Latinos mujer puro Howie,” he told me with a sigh as his head vanished and I could hear him singing Everybody down the hall. He was such a girl. How did I know he was going to say he liked Howie? I also knew it was more than just cause Howie was Latin.

I went and closed my door as I opened the envelope. I took out the folded paper and smiled as I saw his handwriting…

So I know we said we would go our separate ways but… I believe in fate and fate put you in my path for a reason. I am not professing love yet I just would like to see you again. How about dinner or we can hang out? I’ll be back from the concert at ten since I won’t go with the guys after. I’ll meet you at the lobby? I do need a tour guide for the night life. Just as friends? What do you say? Call me or text me your answer; I will be hoping it’s a yes.

Nick.

I knew I was blushing and as I read the letter I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was a feeling I had not experienced before it was good feeling though. What had I gotten into? Did I want to risk my perfect life well not perfect but close to it for something that might not even work? Could I do this again what would I tell Leo?

As I thought through this I felt some hands wrap around me when I turned around I saw Sonia my cousin. “Sonia,” I said excitedly as I hugged her back.

“I came to kidnap you,” she told me in her very horrible English.

“Para que?” I wanted to know why.

She gave me a sly grin and rolled her eyes as she took out two tickets. I felt a hot flash as I read them… she had gotten tickets to see the backstreet boys. Was god going to punish me with this? I had sinned and now I was feeling the consequences. “No puedo, Gustavo asked me already for tonight off because he’s going too.”

“Oh no you don’t I already spoke to Manuel and he said I could take you because I told him it was you birthday present.” She told me fanning herself with the tickets.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, “Mi cumpleaños no es hasta en dos días!” Why was she giving me this for my birthday? I guess she knew about my Backstreet boy thing when I was younger. See in the summers we would always drive to México when Ruby was doing well and we'd visit my aunt. I remember we used to spend many times listening to there album among others. But she also knew my music taste had changed.

“AH, no puedes echarte para atrás vas porque vas! I will be here for you at six.” She left me with a very wry smile on my face. Could my day get any worse?

********

I was chugging down my bottled water when I felt the vibration of my phone I smiled. I was hoping it was Esmeralda’s answer but instead it was Lauren. “Hello?” I said with a semi-smile on my face.

“Baby,” Lauren said to me in her sweet voice. I cringed not because I didn’t like when she called me baby but because I suddenly felt a little guilty.

“How are you?” I asked her as I heard her tell me she missed me. “I miss you too…” I had missed her till yesterday that was.

I was stuck listening to her tell me everything that was happening back home till I had to tell her I had to go. I sighed in relief when I hung up listening to her only made me feel guilty in some way and right now I didn’t want to feel that.

I walked on stage and smiled as I saw some fans. It was the sound check and some lucky fans got to be there to see us practice. All I kept thinking was about that letter if Esmeralda had even gotten it. And if she had would she text me?
Chapter End Notes:
here's a little more...hope you like. :)