- Text Size +
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I was sort of pissed at Manuel for not agreeing with me about not going to the concert. I shouldn’t have though cause he gave me a bonus check, he said for my birthday. I didn’t need a birthday present from Sonia, especially this. I took a deep breath when I found Leo and smiled.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked him as he leaned in to kiss me. I saw the smirk on his face and I knew he already knew. I groaned and slapped his arm. “You know why did you allow her to?”

“It’s Sonia we are talking about Mer,” he told me as he pulled me into a corner kissing him deeply. “Just have fun,” he told me rolling his eyes. “I didn’t know you were a closet fan of the Backstreet boys.”

“I’m not!” I told him with a pout. “I used to when I was in middle and High school… long time ago but Sonia apparently thinks I still do.” I told him as he continued to smile at me.

“Oh well have fun,” he winked at me and sighed. “I have to get back to work… now go and get ready for your night out.”

I rolled my eyes and sort of smiled. “I will try.” I told him as I walked away and on a mission to finish a few more of my tasks before heading home to get ready for this concert. I was passing by the same the hall where the elevator that had changed my life was and I sort of jumped when it opened and out came Don Ramon.

“Esmeralda,” he told me with his big smile. He then proceeded to tell me he didn’t understand how the elevator could be stuck for four hours when he did not find any glitch at all. “Sirve de maravilla no le encontré nada,” he told me.

I gave him a smile and then he took my hand and pulled into the elevator. He had told me to take a test drive. I felt awkward as I stood there in silence as the elevator made it to the 11th floor. I laughed when Don Ramon told me it could go up till the 15th if we wanted too. I shook my hand and told him I had to actually get off on this one. I stepped out of the elevator and stared as Don Ramon disappeared as the doors closed.

Something was definitely very weird about his explanation, something must be wrong with that elevator! I put away those thoughts when I came upon the room Paulina always used when in Mexico. I had met her a couple of times before and she is picky but then again she is a celebrity. I can admit I like some of her music, she was coming into town for an interview and wanted her room to be ready.

******

“This is good,” Howie said as he dug into his plate. I just smiled and gave my plate a look, it did smell delicious and I was starving.

“You’ve been pretty quiet,” AJ told me slapping my shoulder.

“I’ve been thinking,” I told him rolling my eyes when he gasped his eyes widening at my answer.

“Leave him alone Alex,” Brian said as he took a spoonful of his food. “He does need to exercise his brain once in awhile of all it does remain inactive most of the time.” I held my laugh as everyone else busted into laughter, why had I not seen Brian’s comment out just like that.

I was about to answer back when my phone vibrated and I jumped out of my seat running to find a private place to answer, hoping it was the answer I had been waiting for. I groaned when instead it was a picture from Lauren. As I viewed I couldn’t help but groan again, I really didn’t know what to do. I just knew I wanted to talk to Esmeralda again but I still love Lauren I do…

“Who was that?” I jumped when I saw Brian. I just shrugged as I put my phone away.

“Lauren,” I told him and then I sighed heavily.

“Could you look less excited about your girlfriend calling you?” he told me in sarcasm.

“It was a picture message only,” I told him rolling my eyes. I leaned against the wall and sighed heavily, “Are you going to lecture me again?” I asked him knowing well he was.

“I just care for you… do you honestly think this girl you met in an accidental circumstance is better than Lauren who you’ve been dating for a while? Besides she lives here in México and you are about to leave… look maybe you screwed up but think about it Nick you won’t see her again after tomorrow.”

“I know that! I just… it’s not what you think. I don’t only want to see her again because she was a good lay, it’s more than that.” I told him, I wasn’t doing all this because I had gone back to my old ways but because I just felt like there was something more… I just didn’t know what yet.

“Fine,” Brian told me with concern in his voice. “Do what you have to do to figure out what whimsical fairytale emotion you think you have that connects you to this stranger before tomorrow Nick cause we leave and you won’t see her again.”

I could say he hurt my feelings but in the past he had always been right about the women I’ve dated and he wasn’t so hopeful on Lauren either but Lauren proved to be good for me and I knew that if he was talking to me like that was because he cared and maybe he was right, but maybe I was right too.

********

[Esmeralda’s POV]

My day went by quick and now here was outside Estadio Azteca ready to go into the concert. Sonia was super excited and she even wore a backstreet boy shirt and a poster on her hand that she still did not want to show me.

“I’m nervous,” She told me as we waited in line to get in. I just rolled my eyes and looked around so many girls yeah mainly girls all excited to see them and here I was the only one without a smile on my face.

I was brought back from my thoughts when Sonia waved a shirt in front of my face. “Here for you,” she told me and I hesitantly took it.

I began to laugh as I saw it, it was an AJ shirt. “I am not wearing this,” I told her handing her the shirt back. I was not going to wear that because well my crush on AJ had died and two I really was not feeling this at all.

“Fine,” Sonia said as she I watched her put her poster between her legs and took of her shirt handing it to me and she put on AJ’s. She gave me the look that told me to please just pretend to enjoy this for her sake.

I took it and put it on and gave her a fake smile as she snapped a picture. A few minutes later we were looking for our seats. “What row?” I had forgotten to look at that on the ticket, so I asked her.

“Two,” she told me as we continued to walked toward the front. I suddenly didn’t like this, I had not responded to Nick and now I was sure he would see me if we were going to be in the second row.

“Sonia how did you get the money for this?” I asked her as we found our seats.

“Don’t worry about it,” Sonia told me as she eyed me curiously. “So no more AJ?” I laughed at her question and sighed as I plopped down on the chair.

“No, I don’t listen to the Backstreet boys anymore,” I told her hoping none of the other girls now in here would beat me up. “I am more of Jared Leto kind of girl.” I felt a lump on my throat when I saw Nick’s face in my head; he definitely was not anything like Jared.

“Well it’s apparent you haven’t seen AJ.” She told me and she then filled me in on the backstreet boys. How Kevin was gone and Howie was married. I then realized she was still very much into them.

“I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy this,” I told her as I looked around and saw that the stadium was packed and then the screams brought me back and I stared at the stage. The lights had dimmed the opening act was presented.

*******

I put my cell phone away as we were told it was time for us to head to the stage. I adjusted my boxing robe and began to jump with AJ who pretend to really be prepared to go into a boxing ring. I could here the screams and the music begin to play, I lined up and listened for name to get called.

I smiled widely when my name was called and the screams were a little louder and of course then AJ I guess because we were the single ones still. I put away all my other thoughts as we jumped into Larger than Life… I was going to enjoy this concert and then I would think about seeing Esmeralda again.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is the next chapter. Enjoy. :)