- Text Size +
[Esmeralda’s POV]

I wanted to bolt after the concert but to my luck I wasn’t able to. I don’t know how it really happened all I remember clearly is seeing Nick smile when he saw Sonia and Me backstage lounging around waiting for him and the rest of the guys from there duties.

“Hey I didn’t know you were coming,” Nick said bringing me back from my thoughts. I was still trying to figure out how to explain to him this. I smiled and hugged him back when he hugged me. I knew I was blushing and I was definitely surprised when he hugged Sonia too.

Sonia was way beyond surprised she was frozen with her eyes wide open staring at all four men she had barely hugged Nick. “Nick this is my cousin Sonia.” I mentioned and he gave me a look that made me remember me sharing a secret with him about smuggling Sonia to Texas. I nodded to him confirming his suspicions.

“Hey guys this right here is Esmeralda she works at the hotel we are staying in.” Nick told the guys who all greeted me and then Sonia.

“Oh so you are the girl that was stuck in the elevator with Nick? I feel for you…” AJ said patting my back. “How did you do it? Come out of there alive?” I laughed at his insinuation. I would have wished we had not gotten along. But to my luck instead we had gotten along to well… so well that I had sex with him.

“I have Sonia here she is probably even worse than Nick.” I said laughing when Sonia slapped my arm. She was not happy with that comment; she was finally coming too from her Backstreet Daze.

“Nice Shirt,” AJ said smiling at her.

“Thank you… I guess you know who my favorite is.” Sonia said in her horrible English accent.

“Who’s your favorite,” Brian finally spoke staring at me and for some odd reason I didn’t like the way he stared.

“She doesn’t listen to you guys…” Sonia said quickly, “She is more into Rock. I forced her to come because silly me I thought she still liked you guys. When we were young like seventeen we used to love listening to you guys. I still do…she doesn’t. I just thought it would be for good time’s sake fun to bring her here. Maybe get her to like you guys again.” Sonia said and I smiled glad she had saved me from that.

“That’s too bad I would have loved to hear who her favorite backstreet boy is.” Nick said a smirk on his face I only hoped he had believed my cousin because she was saying the truth.

“So did we win you back?” Howie asked.

“I think you might have,” I said smiling at him. I cleared my throat and spoke again. “I really should get going, thanks for this you have no idea what you have done for my cousin here. Thanks for singing for me…”

“Wait why don’t you guys join us at this after party we are having?” Howie said looking at his watch. “We’ll celebrate your birthday a bit more.”

“I have to take a rain check.” I said only to get the look from my cousin begging me to reconsider. I shook my head and pulled on her hand. “Sonia por favor.” I said staring at her as the four guys stared at us.

“Oh come on Esmeralda you’ll have fun you’ll see.” Nick said grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. I tried to stop him but before I knew what was happening I was in a van piled with Nick and Brian. “Where’s Sonia?” I asked.

“In the other van with AJ, Howie and the other part of our crew, no worries we are all going to the same place.” Nick told me as he sat beside his stare making me nervous.


********

“I thought you said you weren’t coming with the guys to the after party.” Esmeralda told me as we sat in the VIP area at a very well known club.

“I wasn’t but my plans changed when I saw you.” I smiled at her and she shifted in her seat uncomfortable. I looked around and saw that we were pretty much alone so I scooted toward her and kissed her cheek softly. “You didn’t text me.”

She scooted away bringing space between us and she turned to look at me, “I didn’t and I wasn’t.” I watched she downed her coke. “I don’t want to screw up more than I already have. I love Leo.”

So that was his name… her boyfriend. I smiled though as I thought through what she had said. She was attracted to me if she feared about screwing up again. “You sure?” I asked her leaning into whisper it in her ear.

I felt her shiver as my hand touched her arm and she faced me with a very confused face. “Yes… I am sure don’t you love your girlfriend?” she asked me as she began to look down to where the crowd danced.

I took a gulp of my water as I thought through that question. I did I loved Lauren I really cared for her but as I was staring at Esmeralda something told me that maybe my feeling were changing. “I don’t know.” I told her making her turn to look at me. “I can’t stop thinking about what happened.”

“Nick it only happened yesterday of course you can’t. Just give it time.” Esmeralda said standing up and began to walk down the VIP area. I followed her till I realized she was going for her cousin who was very entertained dancing with some guy.

I watched her as she dragged her drunk cousin out of the club. I had a guard follow me as I followed her. “Is she ok?” I asked her.

“She’s drunk,” Esmeralda said as she haled for a taxi. My bodyguard was right behind me and I knew he wanted me back inside. “I’ll take you… we’ll take you its not safe for you two all alone.”

She rolled her eyes as a Taxi stopped and she opened the door. “No its dangerous for you… I really have to go.” I closed the door and helped her with Sonia. “Please let me take you… I won’t bother you again.” I was lying but I really didn’t think it was safe for them to leave alone. She sighed and told the cab man never mind as she shrugged.

“Fine.” I smiled as I told my body guard to get us one of the Vans. Five minutes later we were in the Van my bodyguard wasn’t to happy about it but he still did I instructed. Esmeralda was telling Sonia something in Spanish as she continued to laugh at god knows what.

“Where do you live?” I asked her as we began to move. She shook her head and looked at me. “Just take me to the hotel, I will text Leo to meet me there. My neighborhood is not the safest in the City I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to you. This city is dangerous especially at night.” I smiled as I realized she was being sincere and she honestly did not wish anything bad to happen to me.

We rode in silence and I just glanced at her as she texted on her phone. I only assumed it was with her boyfriend. Sonia was zonked out beside her looking a hot mess. I began to laugh. “What’s funny?” she asked me as she eyed me.

“It’s just Sonia reminded me of the old days when AJ used to get wasted and would the same thing zonk out before even getting to the hotel or wherever we were staying at.” She only smiled and shook her cousin, “Sonia despierta!”

After that we again became silent and then finally we arrived at the hotel. I helped her bring Sonia in. But the bellhop recognized Esmeralda and quickly took Sonia from me and helped Esmeralda. I followed as they took her into her office and sat her on a chair.

“Thank you.” Esmeralda said as she removed the Backstreet Boys shirt she was wearing, to reveal the shirt she originally was wearing. “I really appreciate your invitation and I know that even though I am sure Sonia will not remember much of this she will forever be thankful too.”

I gave her a small smile, “It’s nothing we love our fans.” I saw her roll her eyes and took a seat on the desk. I got near her and made her look at me.

“Meet me in the hotel’s restaurant tomorrow at twelve. Just please you won’t see me after tomorrow.” I told her and I was about to lean in to kiss her I just had the urge to kiss her when Sonia groaned and I moved back quickly only in time to see her bend down and puke all over the carpet. I felt nauseated as I turned to look away.

“Great just great!” Esmeralda said as she went to her cousin’s side. She was telling her something when the door opened and in came a guy almost my height. He went straight to Esmeralda who quickly hugged him.

I cleared my throat and she pulled away. “Thank you Nick I am so sorry about this. You can go now we’ll take care of her now. Babe this is Nick…he is one of the Backstreet boys he sort of helped me with Sonia. It’s a long story, Nick this is my boyfriend Leo.” He extended his and I took it for politeness and then I smiled at Esmeralda.

“I should go I have to rest I have a big day tomorrow. It was nice meeting Sonia; tell her she rocks for me.” I told Esmeralda as I eyed Sonia she had zonked out again. “Good luck with that.” I said pointing to the puke. I walked out fully of jealousy or I really don’t know what it was. I only hoped that she would meet tomorrow if not I was going to find a way to talk her I now more convinced that there was something between us and I wanted to find out.