- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok I finally got the inspiration for this one, I can assure you this will start getting interesting now. Enjoy and leave me a comment... they really do help. :)
Anne grumbled as she heard the thunder. “Rain again,” she said closing her book. She gathered her belongings. She smiled as she saw Longborn from where she stood, “beautiful indeed… to bad it is a sad place.”

“Move out of the way!”

Anne gasped and tried to move away from the running horse heading straight to her. She lost her balance and fell to the ground, she was angry though who was that and why had he almost killed her!

“I am so sorry miss.” She heard the man who had managed to stop the horse. “Allow me to help you.”

“I can manage,” she said as she stood up and saw the young man pick he book up. “Thank you.” She said taking it from his hand. He vowed to her and she lost herself in his eyes. They were the blue as the sky when it was not covered in clouds that is.

Anne said curtsied as she jumped at the sound of thunder now louder than before. “I must head back…” she said and she took off running hoping to not get wet.

“Oh my Miss Phillips you are wet,” Mrs. Potts said as she ran into Anne.

“I will just go to my room and change…” Anne said as she saw how drenched she had gotten.

“Oh Miss Phillips Sir James requests that you join him and his guest tonight for dinner.”

Anne only nodded not liking that idea very much. “I shall come down for dinner.” She said as she climbed the stairs to her room.

*******

Anne gasped in surprise as the door to her room flew open and there stood an angered Mr. James. “How dare you not come down for dinner!” he said angered as he watched the young governess.

Anne was shocked at the way he had intruded into her room… “I must have fallen asleep Sir.” She stuttered suddenly afraid of him.

“Well I expect you down in ten minutes Miss Philips… at least to join my company for a well deserved tea.” He said still anger clear in his voice. “Ten minutes,” he announced as he walked out slamming the door.

Anne felt her tears as she begun to dress properly. “What a cold hearted man!”
*******

“Anne you made it,” Fanny said as she ran to her governess. “Will you play for me?” she pointed to the piano forte.

“I rather not,” Anne whispered only for Fanny to hear.

“Well Miss Philips finally joined us,” Mr. James said as he looked up from his game of cards with his cousin and another gentleman.

“Nicholas I want you to meet Anne Philips, Fanny’s governess.” He said as the tall blond man turned around and his smile widened.

He bowed to the young lady and chuckled, “I believe we are acquainted.”

Anne turned a shade of red as she recognized the man that had almost killed her earlier. She curtsied and smiled, “Nice to meet you.”

“Anne play for us.” Mr. James said as he looked up from his cards. Seeing the look his friend Nicholas was giving her. “Perhaps something to dance to?” he said.

“I do not play the piano forte well sir,” Anne said feeling the looks upon her from Sir James company.

“Nonsense,” He said pointing to the piano forte.

Anne obliged and began to play…

“I say you play quite well Miss Philips,” Sir Nicholas said as he approached Anne who was trying to concentrate on her playing.

“I do not believe such compliment from you sir, after all you come from a place where I am sure many fine ladies play the piano forte with perfection.” She answered annoyed by the young mans forwardness.

“I say they play well but there pride and manner they present themselves does not allow one to actually like it let alone stay in the room long enough to actually listen.” Mr. Carter said smiling at her.

“Carter,” Sir James said when he saw where his friend was. “Do come join us, Fanny would love to dance with you right Fanny?”

“Yes of course, he is a very handsome man,” Fanny said smiling toward him.

“I talk to you later Miss Philips.” He smiled at her and walked toward Fanny and Sir James.
Anne only smiled and tried to not look like she was furious, but she caught the look on Sir James face. He looked crossed about the smile she had given his friend. She turned and concentrated on the piano ignore the look she was getting from Sir James. She was really starting to detest him.