- Text Size +
Chapter Forty Six

When I used to dream of Australia, I would picture sandy beaches, the outback, kangaroos, and koalas. What I never dreamed of was a twenty one hour flight.

“How do you guys do it?” I asked for the fifth time. I was looking out the window at an endless ocean.

“You get used to it,” Nick said. He rested a hand on my bare knee. I had picked out a cute sundress for our arrival in Australia; somehow I had skipped the fact that I’d be sitting in it for almost a whole day before we would actually arrive on land.

After leaving the hospital, the limo had taken Nick and I to the Grand Hyatt. Nick had carried me gallantly over the threshold into the penthouse, but by the time that Nick got out of his tux and I got out of my dress we looked at each other and realized that we were exhausted. It was past two in the morning and our flight left at seven.

“We have all week,” Nick said. He made a slow crawl to his pillow.

“Plenty of time,” I agreed.

At the moment, I think Nick was regretting that decision. The hand he placed on my knee had stealthily slipped beneath the fabric of my dress. His fingers felt warm against my thigh.

“Nick,” I whispered. “What are you doing?”

“Usually on trips this long I get stuck sitting next to AJ,” he whispered back.

“So are you telling me you feel up AJ during long flights?”

“No, I’m just saying you’re much nicer to sit next to.”

I felt his fingers travel farther. He sucked in a breath.

“What are you wearing?”

I smiled. I had figured out Rochelle’s panties that she had given me for my bachelorette party. It couldn’t really be called a thong; in fact, I’m not sure panties is even the right word. I’m going to place them in the category of ‘costume art.’

“They’re a gift,” I said sweetly.

“Remind me to thank whoever gave it to you,” Nick said.

We were sitting comfortably in first class, but even so there were people around us. As his hand began to weave through the leather straps, I grabbed his arm.

“Not here,” I said gently.

“Oh c’mon. Where’s your sense of adventure?” Nick said. He nibbled my earlobe.

“Can I get you two anything?”

Nick was turned towards me, oblivious to the stewardess who had just snuck up behind him. His knee connected quite loudly with his lap tray. He stifled a curse. His hand darted out from under my dress.

“What?”

The stewardess smiled. “Can I get you two anything?”

We had picked our way through a meal that tasted like cardboard a couple hours earlier. Even for first class, the food wasn’t exactly edible. The taste lingered heavily in my mouth.

“I’ll take a Sprite,” I said.

“Diet Coke,” Nick said.

The stewardess poured our drinks into two cups of ice and handed them to us.

“Enjoy the rest of your flight,” she said with a smile. I think she must have said that at least twenty other times in the duration of the flight. I don’t know how she remained so happy. My guess was that she snuck a swig from the first class liquor cabinet every now and then.

Nick sank back in his seat with his drink defeated, but I saw his eyes glance down to my nether regions.

“You’ve got me curious now,” he said. I smiled.

“All in good time,” I said sweetly. I glanced at my watch.

“How much longer?”

“I think about an hour,” I said.

I took a sip of my drink, marveling in the sparkle of my wedding band. I glanced over at Nick’s left hand and smiled. Nick caught my eye.

“What’s the smile for?”

“I’m just admiring our rings.”

Nick held his hand next to mine. He flexed his long fingers.

“A perfect match,” he said softly.

I couldn’t have agreed more.

------------------------------------------------

We arrived in Sydney an hour later and I was completely disoriented. In my mind, it should have been about 4 a.m. In Sydney it was dinner time. There was a fourteen hour time difference between Tampa and Sydney.

Nick grabbed our bags and got a rental car.

“How about we go check into the hotel and get some room service?”

“It’s going to be weird to eat dinner now. I feel like I should have pancakes.”

Nick laughed. “After eighteen years of traveling around the world, I can eat dinner anytime of the day. But, I’m sure room service has pancakes if you want them. They always had cereal when I wanted it.”

Our rental car was an all terrain vehicle. If the time change didn’t make me realize I was in another country, the car did. They drove on the left hand side of the road in Australia.

“Are you sure you know how to drive this?” I said uncertainly. Nick laughed.

“How hard can it be?”

A couple walked by as Nick got in. He grinned.

“G’day mates!”

“Are you going to do that the whole trip?” I asked as he buckled in. He leaned over and pulled down the top of my sundress.

“G’day mates!”

I was momentarily stunned. I quickly looked around the parking lot and yanked my dress back up. Then I girlie slapped his hands away. He burst into loud, contagious laughter. He mimicked my poor hand slaps in the air. I couldn’t help it; I started to laugh.

After we got control of ourselves, Nick eased into traffic.

“We picked a good time to come here,” Nick said. “It’s winter so there’s not as many tourists.”

The change in seasons was another thing I had somehow forgotten. I shivered slightly in my sundress. It was sixty degrees outside and falling as night set in.

As Nick drove, I felt like a little kid. My face was plastered against the window. My heart leapt excitedly as the Sydney Opera House came into view. Little did I know that our hotel was directly across the water from it.

“Welcome to the Park Hyatt,” Nick said as he pulled around to valet park.

I got out of the car slowly. Everything about the view around me suddenly made the long flight worth it. Nick came around from the driver’s side and placed a hand around my waist.

“They’ll bring our bags up,” he said. “Shall we go see our room?”

“Absolutely,” I said. As we headed towards the doors I turned around and glanced around again.

It was going to be a vacation to remember.

----------------------------------------------

“Nick you don’t have to carry me again,” I said with a laugh. We had spent several minutes stopped at the front desk. Even though Nick had used a fake name (not Mix-a-Lot), the girls at the desk recognized him. When his reservation came up under honeymoon suite, there was a lot of excited chatter before the manager came out, scolded the girls, and gave Nick his key.

“It’s tradition,” Nick said with a laugh. He scooped me up and kissed me softly.

I kind of liked the tradition.

By the time we broke from our kiss, Nick had managed to make it from the door, through the penthouse living room, to deposit me on the bed. I landed with a little bounce; I felt soft flower petals underneath my palms.

Little chocolates rested on our pillows; flower petals were scattered along the bed and the floor. Candles had been lit and an intoxicating smell of eucalyptus hung in the air. Nick straddled my legs, his fingers wrapping around the bottom of my dress. The teasing smile had been replaced by the smoldering look of desire that made my insides turn to mush.

”I thought we were going to eat dinner,” I said softly.

“I thought we could work up a little more appetite first,” Nick said. He slid the bottom of my dress to my waist. His eyes lit up in appreciation.

“Well, I brought lingerie to match those,” I said, gesturing towards the bathroom. Nick shook his head.

“As much as I appreciate good lingerie, I appreciate nakedness even more.”

He lowered his head and I felt his tongue between the strings of the panties.

“Holy anacondas,” I said breathlessly. I felt the vibration from Nick’s laugh down below.

Then I heard a knock on our door.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Nick said.

“It’s probably our luggage,” I said sitting up. Nick gently pushed me back down.

“Stay right where you are,” he said, a long finger pointing at me. I laughed as I propped myself up by the elbows. He disappeared back into the main room. I heard the door open and little snippets of conversation. The next time Nick appeared he was wheeling in our luggage. He pushed it to the side of the door and came back to me.

“The Do Not Disturb signs in place. No more interruptions,” Nick said. His eyes sparkled. He hovered over me and kissed me firmly. “No getting away from me now,” he practically growled as our lips separated. He slid down my body.

“Now where were we?” Nick asked playfully. “Oh yeah. These gift panties. Rochelle, right?”

I laughed. The heel of my foot hit his chest before he could lower himself to my skin.

“How’d you guess?”

“Just her style.”

He grabbed my foot and slid it onto his shoulder. The rest of him slid back down. My fingers grabbed the comforter, desperately trying to get a grip as I felt his tongue caress me and his fingers play. In mere seconds I was de-pantied. Nick tossed the little pile of strings behind his shoulder. His grin could have melted ice cream in mere seconds. I felt like I was in a drug-like trance as I watched him kiss up my leg. When he reached my bare hip he finally slid onto the bed. His arms gripped my waist and rolled me onto him. I felt his hardened desire beneath me. My fingers floated to his belt buckle; as I undid it, I wiggled against him. A little whistle escaped from between his clenched teeth. His fingers pressed harder into my back.

“That’s playing dirty,” he finally said in barely a whisper. He thrusted his hips towards me as I slid down his zipper. I wiggled again.

“What’s dirty?”

He seemed to have a hard time swallowing. “You,” he finally said. “And I like it.”

I paused in my wiggling to slide his jeans off. I kissed him through his boxer briefs. I saw his Adam’s apple bob reflexively. With a little laugh I shed them, dropping them to the side of the bed. I didn’t bother to throw; with my luck, they would have landed on Nick’s face.

Once I saw Nick in all of his glory, my little bit of laughter stopped. There was nothing funny about the man I had in front of me. He sat up momentarily to add his shirt to the growing pile of clothes. He then yanked the sundress up and over my head.

There’s nothing like the feel of warm skin to skin contact when you really, really love someone. As Nick rolled me back into the amazing plushness of the mattress, I felt the burning desire that I always felt, mixed with something else. It was hard to describe. Of course, I didn’t have too long to analyze my sexual chemistry formula. It was hard to think at all when you were inhaling the amazing masculine scent of the man who still left you speechless when you saw his naked body.

Now for any of you that have seen Nick perform PDA live on tour, you know that the man is a walking orgasm waiting to happen. I was fortunate to be able to witness it every single night on tour. I used to love to sit back and watch the girls in the audience practically pass out as Nick thrust his hips into one of the dancers (usually Andrea). But, as you can imagine, it’s even hotter when the man is 100% naked and you’re the one being thrust into. It’s a signature move that Nick uses in bed as the grand finale that always elicits some well deserved screams from me. I’m pretty sure the move is also the reason that he’s gotten me pregnant. Twice.

This time was no exception, except that he elicited a lot more than a few screams. As he buried his face in my chest, his own rising and falling as if he had just completed a marathon, I closed my eyes, letting the moment roll over me.

I’ve never considered myself extremely lucky. In fact, some of the things that happen to me could be classified as bad luck.

But being married to and having sex with Nick Carter?

I’m pretty sure that makes me the luckiest girl alive.