- Text Size +
Story Notes:
*It is rated PG-13 for language & some sexual content... :)

AWARDS:





If you ever want to conduct an interesting yet easy experiment, Google the word BEAUTIFUL and click the images only option. The variety of things that Google returns with that keyword is insane; everything from the expected to the bizarre. Sunsets, naked women, flowers, animals, the Cross, the woods, the ocean, mountains, city scapes, gay porn, paintings, people’s Facebook profile pictures, quotes, books, wedding gowns… you name it, and it’s probably there somewhere.

Googling the word is proof that beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder.

I’ve seen many things, myself. I’ve traveled all over the world, I’ve seen almost every country there is, every landscape, visited all the wonders of the world. Yet, I feel the need to figure out what the word means to me, which is why I won’t stop until I find it.

As soon as we are on the road, Nick and I, there will be no going back. I am looking forward to the amazing journey he’s plotted out, but I am afraid, also, about leaving behind everything that's going on here. This was my idea, though, to get away from it, and I can be nothing but eternally grateful to my friend for making it happen. He worked so hard on it…

He’s an amazing friend, Nick. It’s not a lot of guys that’ll drop everything and follow their buddy on a search for Lord-knows-what.

Like I told him at the start, when he was worried about what I was looking for: I’ll know it when I see it, in that instant that it takes my breath away. “There it is,” I’ll say, “Something beautiful.”

I know already what Nick’s going to do when it happens, too. He’s going to laugh, toss his head back as far as it’ll go, and that dopey grin of his will spread all over his face, and he’ll agree with me wholeheartedly. Then he’ll take a picture of it and keep it for the rest of his life. That’s just how Nick is.