- Text Size +
Still No Word From Backstreet Boys One Month After Cancellation of World Tour
Pop Stuff Online – Staff Writer

The tickets are returned and the fans are at least no longer paying for their unusable tickets from the New Beginnings World Tour. But the band has yet to fill the greatest wound of all: the silence.

A month has gone by since the Backstreet Boys cancelled their entire world tour, including all 38-cities from the United States leg, as well as all of their stops in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. Newly appointed band manager and ex-member of the boy band, Kevin Richardson, promised answers within a couple days, but the band has yet to come forward with details concerning their choice to cancel the crucial tour dates.

“We just want to know why,” a Backstreet Boys blogger commented on her popular fan web site. “We’ve been waiting for answers, but there’s nothing, except weird candid photos from the paparazzi.”

“They’re going to lose it all,” warned music biz rep, and former manager, Johnny Wright. “They worked really hard to get back to the top, and it’s going to fall away if they don’t at least give the fans some answers.”

Upon requesting more information from the Boys’ recording label, Pop Stuff Online received the answer that only the Boys themselves are aware of the situation. Apparently, they are keeping even the suits that hold their contracts in the dark.