- Text Size +
By air swept easy but hollow melody of the wind. It sat down on my skin, which was barely concealed white transparent curtain, and reflected a slight tremor throughout the body.
- Polina! – Somebody called me from the living room. A little pushing back the curtain, I looked into the room, which still smells of his perfume.
- He's gone? - I asked.
- As you can see. - said my best friend, Katya, whom I met at university. We learn in the same group.
- That's good. - I said, stepping into a warm room. Honestly, I'm pretty tired of standing on the balcony and wait when Maxim leave.
- Polina, is it worth to give Max another chance?
- It is not possible! I've decided, then it will be so. Everything was destroyed, but I'm not going to build it anew! And anyway, it is he himself left me! I just left to find the real cause of separation. And I'm not going to run after him, but just do not forgive betrayal!
- Okay, calm down. - Katya pressed me to her. - And in general, how he found you here?
- I do not know, I did not tell him that you live here. Probably he asked someone. - I answered. - Still, I can not understand one thing - why does he go after me, I did not need him, he has Angela.
- While you were on the balcony, he said that Angela is in the past, and he didn’t care about her.
- And you believed him? - I replied. – Katya, I’m going home. Sorry, but I'm very tired. See you tomorrow.
- Bye, - handed Katya with disappointment.
I wanted to hurry to get home. The wind outside was strong, it confused my hair, playing with them as it wanted. Good thing I put on before leaving the shoulders of his warm coat. All shivering from the cold, I stood at the bus stop. There was no one. And no wonder - who in this weather will be walking up and down the street? I am one - came out is called, talk to my friend. So you think now that the phone was not invented for nothing. Although ... I cannot talk about this on the phone.
I was not sorry to Maxim, and was not even sorry for relationships that we have had. Maybe it's because I did not love him - well know, I was with him simply in order not to be alone. After all, Katya has boyfriend, and I kept one and one. But what he did, I can not forgive him, even though he will hurt.
Immersed completely in thought about Max, I did not notice a middle-aged man came on the bus stop and sat down on a bench behind me. I was wrapped in a coat, and his coat was unbuttoned.
- How could he not cold? - Going in my head.
He seemed not to notice, as I turned and looked at him. A trolley, unfortunately, did not want to appear on the horizon.
- Today is windy, do not you? - Suddenly heard his voice, like a bolt from the sky....
- Yes, it’s very windy and cold - I answered quietly.
- Tomorrow will be warmer, I read this on the Internet forecast - man rose from the bench and walked over to me. He stood in front of me, and the wind blowing his coat unbuttoned, but not a single muscle of him did not flinch from the cold wind. And I - on the contrary - was shaking with cold. He did not understand how I can feel cold, and he is only constantly grinning.
- Did you at any trolley bus? - He asked.
- Ninth, - I replied.
- Lives near the Place Royale?
- Yes. - I answered. And I thought - where such an interest, where I live?
The man paused. That's good, I thought. He's a strange one. And this was somehow not on itself.
Finally, a trolley bus. Fortunately, he was ninth. I looked round to see whether he will go to the trolley. Yes, he was standing directly behind me.
- Go ahead, what are you? - He looked straight at me.
I went into the bus and sat near the window. Instantly my face turned to the window, I was tired of looking at the reflection on the night-glass cabin trolley. Outside it was only emptiness. And on the glass display this strange man. And what he clung to me? More and sat beside me. The situation was terrible ...
In the trolley rode five people, not counting the conductor. I had time to consider them, and I already got bored. It was eleven o'clock at night, and I wanted to sleep. For a moment, eyes closed, I felt like a place near me is released. I was overjoyed - a strange man came out at the next stop. Trolley bus slowed down, pushing me and other passengers a little forward. I opened my eyes at that moment when the head of an unknown man had disappeared beyond the trolley. With some difficulty trying to make out in pitch darkness, which now stop, I watched as he waved his hand in front of my window. And then I put my hand on my knees and found that I've lost my purse! Stop! This man stole it, until I closed my eyes and dozed off. I quickly jumped up and ran through the cabin next to the driver.
- Stop the trolley! - I cried.
- Girl, stop is only in the proper places.
- I had just been robbed, you do not understand, it's urgent!
- How could it happen in the empty trolley-bus? - Asked the guard, who came to my cries.
- I just closed my eyes and all ... but it is already!
- Who is he? So you know who he is?
- I remember his face, and just.
All the attention of other passengers was drawn to me. I was ready to cry. The bag was everything - mobile, wallet and keys. I have never been robbed, it was the first time in my life!
The driver stopped at the next stop. Realizing that I'm not exactly find this thief, and the fact that I went completely on the wrong bus stop, I kicked first posted with anger. Feeling a dull pain in my leg, I'm even more angry.
- Damn! - I'm cursed.
- Do you really want to see him? - The voice behind my back.
I abruptly turned around and saw some guy. He also was a passenger of the ill-fated trolley.
- And you then what? - I snapped him. I was so angry that I saw in every man an enemy.
- Nothing. - Responsible guy. - Simply this is my stop.
- Well, and go where you were going!
- I understand why you are shouting. You have been robbed.
- Recall is not necessary. So what do you want?
- I just thought that you might need my help.
- Your help? Me? And the gift is not necessary!
- I can carry you home, at this time to walk the streets is unsafe.
- I will not attacked, I've had nothing more to take.
- You are wrong, - answered the boy, holding out my hand. - My name is Andrew, - he introduced himself.
- Polina - I put my shivering hand in his soft, warm hand.
I do not believe myself, as agreed, so he had my hand. But I really had nothing to lose.
- Where do you live? - He asked.
I was not myself on this issue.
- You know - I said, - I went on the wrong bus stop, so ...
- You thought you catch up him? - he asked with irony.
- And it is true thought. I’ll show him!
Andrew laughed. I also wanted to laugh from myself.
- So I will not detain you, - I continued, seriously, releasing my hand from his palm.
- I'm in no hurry, I do not find it difficult to you.
Reason says that I should not allow him that. He does not hurry - and what time is it now ... I nervously glanced at the clock, and it was already a quarter to twelve. Do not hurry ... Something is not right. These guys at midnight just do not walk around the streets. And suddenly he’s a maniac!
But quite another to say, my other half - Polina, so it will be safer, this guy is very nice, even, so that the good cheer, cute!
In any case, I lose obviously nothing - there was no one, and if Andrew was a maniac, he would still caught up with me.
- I live two blocks away. On Pink Tulips Street.
- Got it. No problem.
We walked along the deserted street, and honestly, without Andrew I would have been much worse.
- How did it happen that you have been robbed? - He asked.
I told him this short story about a strange man at the bus stop in a fluttering cape, who sat down beside me and take advantage of the fact that I closed my eyes and dozed off, blatantly stole my bag. After all, to have such courage and audacity to take it straight from my knees! And if I opened my eyes and noticed that, what then? Bad luck to this Mr Brigand then.
- Yes, in our time you must be more attentive, Polina. - He did conclude that I knew without him. And what could I do? I am very tired today! Three couples at the university, five hours in the library, thinking about yesterday's betrayal of Max, a conversation with Katya, and yes even a full ignore, for the same Max. This is too much.
Andrew talked a lot about himself. He studied in his third year at the Law University and planned to become a lawyer. He was very interesting and decent guy. Well-read, intelligent, likeable, humorous, caring - what else could I ask for? And then I thought that fate had just made me a present today, and that the truth say that if you lose something - you will find something twice as nice. I grew up without parents, and not even know them so far. I lived in an orphanage, and when grown up and graduated from the school - I went to university of art at the Art Department, I’m now studying there in the first year, and parallel work in the school library. I live with middle-aged woman in an old two-room apartment on Pink Tulips Street , an orphanage helps me on behalf of the state in material terms.
. I'm used to. I was very upset at first for the fact that someone stole my bag with the things, but its still good that all my cash reserves, I kept it in my room. But generally the material plane is in little interest to me. I distinguish between rich and poor, but I was always all the same. But alas, I should again save the money for a new phone. I did not notice as we were already at the corner of Pink Tulips Street.
- I'll take you to the entrance? - Andrew asked.
- Of course - I agreed quite fearlessly.
- Well, - said Andrew, when we stood near the entrance of my house - I was very pleased. Goodbye, Polina!
- Bye, - I replied. - And many thanks!
- Not at all, - said his pleasant voice.