- Text Size +
I hate trolley-buses! At the University I also have to go on public transport. I was standing at the bus stop, which was called - "pink tulips street" and cursed all the trolleys in the world. In the trolley-bus, I cringed, tightly clutching a bag that I borrowed Svetlana until I buy a new one. Svetlana told me that when I come back and she is not at home, then she leave the keys with neighbors so that I could get into the house.She said that she would go today to buy a new lock.
Svetlana lived alone. She had a son, who lived in another city and came very rare. Svetlana’s husband died 8 years ago because of the patient's heart. And Svetlana was a frequent visitor to hospitals. Health of her limp, and not surprising, in 60 years simply there is no healthy people. Svetlana was a teacher in the past and her former pupils often came to her. They were sitting and drinking tea, talking, and honestly, I loved these evenings.They told me many interesting things. The government pays the money to her for my living at her house and she is very good to me.
It will be interesting why the street where I live is called the Pink Tulips Street. According to legend, once pink tulips rose on site skyscrapers. And there was a girl who come in each day and tore off tulips. One guy told her that if she would be so pluck them every day, they will no longer be here.. But she did not listen and continued to tear off. And then came the day when It was only one tulip. When she came, the guy standing beside it on his lap. He did not allow her to pluck it. He begged her, lest she tore the last flower, even in the name of love, but she was ruthless. Seeing that the guy will not deviate from the flower, she stuck the knife straight in his chest with which she had cut the tulips. The blood gushed of the guy’s breast; it was of the color of these tulips, pink, not red. The girl stepped over the guy lying in a pool of blood, cut the last tulip and pressed her face to it inhaling the delicate and alluring scent of a flower. And here she started coughing - pollen got into her throat and she choked pollen from this latest tulip. She fell near this guy. And then the miracle happened - the whole earth was once covered with these pink tulips, but there wasn’t guy and girl any more. They gave their lives for these pink tulips. But then everything is upside down and the houses were built here. A belief walks around that if a guy loves some girl so much as a guy from the legend loved these tulips, pink tulips will bloom again, and it shall signify the symbol of their eternal love.
As for me, it is romantic, but it's all a fairy tale.
At university I met Katya, who looked bewildered.
- Polina! - she ran to meet me.
- Hi, Katya. - I kissed her cheek.
- Why do you shut off your phone?
- I do not turn off. It is stolen. - I replied with a calm voice. - What's this? - I held out on seeing an enormous bouquet of roses on my desk - I have a secret admirer? - I went on, going to the bouquet.
- Sorry, Polina, but do not deceive yourself, - directly answered Katya. - Max brought it.
- Max? - I took the bouquet and threw it in the trash.
- Polina, what are you doing? – Katya surprised - do you even read the note did not you?
- No. - I replied.