- Text Size +
I sat in the library and drew the girl who was sitting and writing something from a book by Belyaev - as always some criticism information for composition. Maxim entered the room.
- Hi, Polina, - he greeted. I raised my eyes and saw him.
- Maxim, what do you want?
- I would like to talk to you.
- Do not disturb children, they are learning.
- Let's go, - he suggested.
- No, I can not. I'm at job, Max.
- Good. I'll wait. At what time do you end?
- At 7 pm.
Max picked up a book of poems by Yesenin from the shelf and sat down at the desk.
He silently read. Then, after finishing painting the girl, I began to draw Maxim. I wanted so much to draw him ugly!
Maxim was only a year older than me; he studied at the college, and was pretty smart guy. We met at the disco. Our relationship did not last long. He ruined everything, even that's not the fact that I did not love him. I just caught him with his former girlfriend, Angela, when they kissed. I'm sure that this kiss would have great and exciting continuous part, if I had not caught them. So he actually breaks with me, but I just told him the reason for separation.
After work, we came out school and headed to the bus stop.
- Did you like roses? - Asked Max.
- Roses? - I asked - no! I threw them away.
- Did you read the note?
- I do not read the note from the flowers, which I discarded.
- And maybe it was worth to read it?
- I'm sure not.
- Listen, Polina, - he said - I want you to know one thing. Angela means nothing for me. I mean absolutely nothing! I need you!
- In that moment you did not think so.
- I'm sorry, Polina, please, forgive me!
- Maxim, you have no forgiveness! - I played. I knew that Max does not go away from me, and I liked to torment him. To spite him, I even smiled.
- Do you feel something to me? - He asked.
- No. Do not you know this? You’re funny, Max!
- Polina, you can not ...
- And can you? - I stopped. - Maxim, I'm tired of you! If you used Angela just for your entertainment, I do not care. Angela knows her own price. And you cannot buy me for the flowers. And for something else, too. I do not sell. Okay?
- Polina! Why do not you give me another chance?
- Because I have another guy - I lied to him.
- Who?
- You do not know him. He is older than you, smarter, and much nicer. His name is Andrew. Future lawyer. Okay?
- You picked up a rich man, then. Like your friend Katya. Because of money. And you say that you are not for sale! - He hissed. I felt I had gone too far, Maxim became angry and offended. I was taken aback.
- You know, Polina, - he continued - I thought you were not such a type of girl. You said that the money is nothing foe you! Oh yeah, I forgot, that money is now ruling the world, and even such a girl as you sold for it. And nobody will love you, as I do.
- What kind of love you say? If you loved me, you did not be kissing at the disco with Angela.
- Yes, I'm guilty, but do you think you are better now?
- I'm faithful.
- Sold for money.
I hit him.
- How dare you? - I asked.
- Sorry, Polina, I did not want to say it. - he apologized immediately. And I turned and walked away from him. He followed me.
- Polina!
I was going without turning.
- Wait a minute! - He shouted. - Polina, I love you!
- It's funny to listen that. - I answered.
We came to the stop of the same ninth trolley, but this time in the opposite direction. I have not looked at Maxim. I knew that trolley come in few minutes, and I’ll be going, and it still another way for Maxim. So he does get rid of me. But there it was! It turned out that Maxim brassily got a bus, paid for me and went to my house.
- Maxim, go to your home!
- I want to go to your apartment.
- And I do not invite you. I don’t let you come even at the threshold.
- And I’m going to see your grandmother.
- She is not my grandmother.
- What a difference.
- Yes, of course, its very big difference for me. You see, you even do not know me properly, and swear in love. Is this possible? - I would not be quiet.
- Of course, it’s possible, Polina. I am the real reason for this.
- I mean, I still can not forgive you. Do what you want. - I told him.
- Really? Well, we'll see. I win your love again.
In response, I just laughed.
- Good luck, Max. And bye. - I waved my hand near his face, and quickened my steps. But he still went back of me.
- If you do not fall behind, I shall complain to the police, that you persecute me. - I threatened him. - I am serious.
But he did not think lag. In the end, he came with me to my house.
- Svetlana, I'm home!
The old lady immediately came to meet me.
- And by the way, you have a guest - I said.
- Maxim! – The old lady was happy.
- Hello, aunt Lana! – said Maxim.
- Aunt Lana? - I whispered. How he called her? Even I have a conscience do not called her that short name. Well, now she gets mad and throws away him!
- Come, Maxim. – she invites him. - Tea?
- Yes, I suppose, - said Maxim.
- What? – I do not believe my ears. – It cannot be happen!
- Polina, what's up? – Asked aunt Lana.
- I'm just tired. - I replied.
- It's good that you invited Maxim.
- Yeah, - I hissed, entered the kitchen after the old lady. Max sat in the room and watched TV. Why she never told me to call her easier, I had to break the language, pronouncing the "Svetlana". Horror!
- Throw poison in his tea, - I said in jest.
- Polina! Why are you behaving so? You dated with Maxim.
- Dated, and it’s not so now. He went with me, but I do not want to see him.
- Quarrel?
- Something like that - I said, biting an apple. - Maybe you can throw away him?
- Why? - Ask Svetlana.
- At least then, that he will not respect you - I blurted out.
- Not respect? Polina, where did you get that idea?
- He called you "aunt Lana". Or you like it?
- What? Sounds pretty sweet, - said the old woman.
- Sweet? Wonderful! Well, let Maxim to be nice. But you never allowed me to call you aunt Lana!
- Polina, you call me by my full name yourself. I do not ask. You could go for something simpler.
- Well, you'll now aunt Lana, once you loved it so much.
I was rude to old lady. It is not right, but Max just brought me out of myself. I was closed in my own room and not come out even at dinner. I had to talk with Katya. Maybe she will give some advice about how to throw away Maxim. Despite the fact that it was 9 pm, I said nothing to anyone and went out. Svetlana heard the door slam in the hallway.