- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty Six - March 16

At our March 12 concert in Oslo, Howie ended up getting Nick and I back for the makeup prank and as a result, I had the worst week of my life. Luckily, our next concert wasn't until March 17 in Sweden. For the past three days, I had been holed up at a hotel in Norway sicker than a dog. Howie had tricked Nick and I into standing outside in the freezing cold in our underwear, and as a result, I was a fucking human faucet. Howie was paying the price. I was making him my own personal bitch. I made him go get me chicken soup even when I didn't want it. I figured it was the least he could do. Right?

On the morning of the fourth day, I was finally beginning to feel better, but I still looked like shit. This was only solidified when I connected to Skype for a desperately needed chat from home.

"Wow, Mr. J. you look REALLY bad. Your nose is all pinky."

I blew my nose loudly and sighed. Skyping while sick wasn't pleasant, but my homesickness was increasing by the day. Shelby had her face pressed up to the screen. Joe was getting squished on her lap.

"I TOLD you that you needed us there!"

"I've just got a little cold, Shel."

Shelby wrapped her arms around Joe and squeezed. He let out a little squeal.

"HERE'S MOMMY!"

Shelby turned the laptop just in time for me to see Molly sit down with Ally. I smiled.

"Hey babe. Hey Ally."

At the sound of her name, Ally leaned forward and giggled.

"How's she doing?"

Molly grinned. "Really well. She loves music. She can't get enough of it."

"SHE'S GONNA BE A ROCK STAR AND I'M GONNA BE HER MANAGER AND ANNOUNCER!" Shelby yelled. Ally looked over at Shelby. I was waiting for her to cry but she just bounced happily. Molly laughed.

"For some reason, Shel seems to amuse her too."

I grinned. Everyone looks so happy and--

"ACHOO!"

"Ew, that was a lot of snot."

"Are you performing tomorrow?"

I smiled weakly. "Sure am."

"I am so talking to Howie when I get over there."

I grinned. I really wanted to see that. I bet Molly was incredibly hot when she was mad.

"I'll be fine. I'm going to take my miracle cure tonight."

"What's that?"

"Hot tea, lemon, and a shot of whiskey."

Molly sighed. Shelby was making Joe's arms fly around like he was hula dancing. He was looking annoyed.

"I'm going to let you guys go. Be safe and I'll see you in twelve days," I said. Molly blew me a kiss.

"Love you, Mr. J!"

"BYE!"

"SQQUEEEE!"

----------------

March 28 - Italy

Twelve days later, the guys and I had traveled to Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Spain, and Portugal and had finally arrived in Milan. Nick, Howie, and I were all camped out at the airport Malpensa.

"I can't wait to see them," Nick said. Howie and I both looked over at him.

"You took off on us and flew home two weeks ago," Howie said.

"It was Brooke's birthday!"

"You left me and I was dying," I said. Nick grinned.

"I didn't get sick."

I just rolled my eyes.

All of my aches and pains seemed to disappear when I saw the little redheaded girl flying past the other passengers.

"OUT OF MY WAY! I NEED -- MR. J!!!"

I knelt down and held out my arms. A second later I had a beaming little lady choking the shit out of me.

"YOU LOOK BETTER!"

I laughed. "I feel better."

"Can we get pizza?"

"Shelby, take it down a notch. Or twenty."

Molly set the carseats down. Two happy little faces peered out.

"Hi Joe. Hi Ally-bug."

"D-d-d-d-d."

I froze. Joe was clearly 'd'-ing it up. I held my breath. But he just couldn't get it out. I felt a slap on the back.

"Oh, so close."

I glared up at Nick. He was smiling down at the kids.

"Aww, I want one. Can I have one?"

"Hey, Carter, you've got two right here!"

Nick looked up. Liv was walking towards us trying to juggle Brooke and Noah. Brooke was wailing at the top of her lungs.

"DON'T CRY!" Shelby yelled. She snapped her fingers. Then she snapped them again.

"What are you doing?"

"Snappin'."

"Why?"

"Because I just learned HOW!"

Leigh wasn't far behind Liv. Suddenly our lonely little group of three had become a nice happy bustling mob of excitement.

I had missed it.

-----------------------------------

After meeting up with Bri and Kev at the hotel and dropping off the luggage, we piled into two busses that took us to the train station.

"Where are we going?" Molly asked.

I smiled. "We're going to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa."

"PIZZA!" Mason shouted. Shelby wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed.

"PISA, SILLY!" she shouted. She let go of his neck and they both giggled.

As we got settled on the train. The first thing I did was get Ally and Joe on my lap. Ally stood up and touched my face.

"Hi beautiful."

She smiled and began to babble. I didn't care of they were words...they were still sounds and that's all that mattered.

Joe stood up soon after his sis. I had two little black haired babies staring me right in the face.

"D-d-d-d," Joe babbled.

I knew the word was going to come. And soon. I couldn't wait to finally hear one of my children call me daddy.

-------------------------------

"Oh, Kev."

"This was well worth the flight, Nick."

"I'm in love."

The last statement was the most important. Molly wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned into me. We were all staring around at beautiful Tuscany and at the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

"WOW! SOMEBODY SCREWED UP!" Shelby yelled. I glanced down. Both her and Mason had their heads tipped to the side. I laughed.

We took a tour of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Liv snapped so many photographs of everybody pretending to 'hold up the tower' and pictures of couples standing in front of it that I think we all had spots dancing in front of our eyes for an hour or two. Sam finally took the camera and made Liv endure the same torture.

"Who's ready for pizza?" I asked. I for one was starved. I had just climbed 296 stairs going up and then coming down.

"PIZZA!" Shelby, Mason, James, and Baylee said in unison.

"ZA!" Brooke said.

"Num, num," Noah added.

We ended up at a little cafe that we filled to compacity and that served the most amazing pizza I've had in my life. And considering I've had New York and Chicago style pizza, that's saying something.

"How is it Shel?" I asked. I watched Molly pulled a piece of cheese off her chin and slowly lick it into her mouth.

I suddenly wanted to be a piece of cheese.

"It's not bad. I like Chuck E. Cheese better," she said. Mason nodded.

I couldn't help but picture Nick stuck in that ride and Kevin's hands trapped on his ass. I grinned. Kev gave me a look.

"Don't even say it," Kev said. He folded his slice and took a big bite.

After a few more hours walking around and admiring the beautiful architecture, we took the train back to Milan. All of the kids were half asleep.

"I'm not sleepy," Shelby whispered as she clung to Molly's hand. Ally and Joe had their heads on my shoulders and they were fast asleep.

"I think you are," Molly said. We headed into the room adjacent to the master bedroom.

I got the twins to sleep and Shelby took forever brushing her teeth, trying to prolong the inevitable. Finally she came out and crawled into bed. I sat down and pulled the covers over her head. She laughed and pulled them down. I tucked the sides in and she wiggled down.

"Hey Mr. J?" she whispered. I glanced over to the bathroom. Molly was brushing her teeth.

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"Mommy said she's going to sleep in your bed tonight. But Joe and Ally might need to come in if they get scared, okay?"

I really wanted to show Molly another famous tower tonight, but I saw the worry in Shelby's eyes. I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"I think that would be okay," I said.

She smiled. "Good to know."

Molly headed out of the bathroom.

"I'm going to leave the night light on for you Shel, okay?"

Shelby nodded. I left the room and headed into the master bath to wash my face while Molly said her goodnight.

I was flossing my teeth when Molly walked in. Her arms looped around my waist. I paused in my flossing and smiled.

"I've missed you," she said gently. I set down the string and turned around. My hands slid down to her ass.

"I missed you too."

She pressed against me and ran her tongue agaist my bottom lip before biting it. I inhaled deeply.

"Shelby said the "twins" might get scared tonight," I whispered. "We might have company."

Molly looked up at me. I leaned down and nibbled on her neck. I felt her fingernails press into my back through my shirt.

"We could always take a shower before bed," she whispered.

She didn't have to ask me twice. I locked the bathroom door and turned around grinning.

Five minutes later we were absolutely naked and Molly was pressed against me and slowly running the best smelling soap down between our bodies.

"You drive me crazy," I teased. She laughed.

"How crazy?"

I backed her against the wall. The soap dropped from her hands. As good as it smelled, I wasn't that concerned about its disappearance.

"Absolutely fucking crazy," I said. I grabbed her hands and pressed them against the beautiful decorative tile. The tips of her fingers curled. Her legs wrapped around my waist. I watched her chest rise and fall quickly.

"What are you going to do about it?" she said, this time in barely a whisper. I pressed my lips against hers. I was taking no prisoners. I didn't want an inch of space between us. I wanted hair pulling, skin biting, glass shattering sex. When I finally did let go of her wrists to press my full weight against her as I entered her, I felt her nails rip into my back so bad that I thought for sure she was going to draw blood.

I loved it.

"Show me what you got," she growled.

She poised it as a challenge.

It was a challenge I knew we could both come out winners.